Is there a more underrated character?

Is there a more underrated character?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=d6xU-jmekpM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I mean look at this shit!

His chain is also one of the coolest weapons in comics.

jesus christ please nerf

I love ghost rider but he totally got the short end of the villain stick after a while.

Black Panther

This thread makes me happy. too bad Felipe Smith fucked up his last run. There was sooooo much potential

What memorable foes does Ghost Rider have? the first ones that come to mind are Blackheart and Vengeance

Ghost Rider would work better as a DC character. Prove me wrong.

Forgot how much I loved early 90s Ghost Rider comics.

The Mark Texeira issues are GORGEOUS.

How? Not that I'm a DC buff or anything, but Marvel seems to be where edgy anti-heroes shine the brightest because most characters in Marvel are already fairly morally shitty themselves

moon knight

I see your ghost rider and I raise you a Darkhawk.

Wasn't Greg Weisman gonna do a Ghost Rider cartoon?

I've never read any Ghost Rider, where do I start?

Just read the two Garth Ennis minis and stop there. Seriously, Marvel doesn't know how to use Ghost Rider.

If he doesn't have good stories, how is the character supposed to be good?

He has potential but Marvel are incompetent.

I don't believe you. I mean I know modern Marvel is incompetent, but they weren't always, and if they didn't make good Ghost Rider then all I can take away from that is that he's a shit character.

I smell a distinct lack of kino in this thread

youtube.com/watch?v=d6xU-jmekpM

Because DC does magical/mystical comics better. Much better

>edgy anti-heroes
Not sure what you mean, Punisher is mostly a mess when he interacts with the larger Marvel universe and DC's had quality stuff like Hitman, Vigilante or Deathstroke.

>Because DC does magical/mystical comics better. Much better
Do they? I really don't read DC stuff

>Not sure what you mean, Punisher is mostly a mess when he interacts with the larger Marvel universe and DC's had quality stuff like Hitman, Vigilante or Deathstroke
Well, Punisher is far more popular than those characters sans Deathstroke which is even questionable, guess that would come down to the demographic, so I don't think it's fair to simply say no Punisher stuff is quality just because you prefer others

This pic is old, but there really hasn't been anything since worth reading. If you want Robbie just read the first volume of All-New Ghost Rider. For Danny read the early 90s run until it starts to consistently suck. For Johnny just read the original volume. This pic should be a decent enough general starting guide.

I don't think user is saying Punisher isn't good, just that when he meets other marvel characters he doesn't mix well.

The second Ghost Rider/Wolverine/Punisher mini is also worth reading. Maybe the Captain America team-up arguably. Possibly also his appearances in 90s Punisher.

I love Ghost Rider as a character I think his comics were actually the first I started to read, but today the artstyle in most of them kills them for me, not only the recent ones but most of them

Personally I never understood that opinion, not at all, unless it's complaining about Punisher having plot armor...well, tough shit, same can be said about Batty boy

that's cool as fuck

are there any other magical things he can do with his chain? I always thought it was just a chain

His chain kind of does whatever the fuck he wants it to do. He's turning it into an unbending staff/club over here: and spinning it insanely fast like a saw here:

I always thought that sort of stuff was due to his own strength/supernatural skills though, not the chain itself

The early ones by Texeira were incredible looking.

Well maybe he's just using his powers to make the chain do stuff, I dunno. Either way he can still make it do that stuff.

>they'll never let Danny be the main GR again

No, because they're different characters. Punisher is just an ex soldier with guns and he just hunts normal criminals, it's when he's at his best too.

Well, he's a street level character, he mixes fine with the likes of Daredevil and Spider-Man, even then rules get changed because he's dealing with supers, and it goes on and on

The same thing applies to Batman, he's just a rich guy with martial arts

His 2099 version was the most ludicrous shit, but I loved that he had a motherfucking CHAINSAW attached to his arm.