What should I read?

I play various miniatures games at a local comic shop but only recently started to read comics. I've read just about all the batman graphic novels and all the new 52 stuff by Snyder and have liked about all of it.

What do you at Sup Forums recommend I read next that is preferably not batman?

Other urls found in this thread:

multiversitycomics.com/annotations/hellboy-reading-order-2016/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>I've read just about all the batman graphic novels and all the new 52 stuff by Snyder and have liked about all of it
You're hopeless.

Do you have tastes in anything?

Comics are just like any other medium. What do you find entertaining when it comes to books, movies, television shows and games? Perhaps you could look for the same things in comics.

I guess I enjoy things I can talk to with others that has some decent artwork along with it. I food graphic novels the most entertaining b cause they were self contained and didn't need any comic knowledge other than what was provided.

It depends on what kind of stories/genres you are into. I personally am getting back into Valiant comics with XO Manowar, Ninjak, and Harbinger and am liking what I read so far.

You're being very vague, there's not much that I can do to help you.

Here's a (mostly) self-contained comic with decent artwork though.

Sorry, I just really don't know of any comic characters that aren't already been in movie form. I have no idea what comics are out there or what kind of styles there are. Other than mainstream reads I normally only read books on economics, history or politics.

Just fro, browsing Sup Forums and reading posts like the nice guy with the first response I can tell there are good/bad writers. I'm just trying to find something similar in style to Snyder

>I have no idea what comics are out there or what kind of styles there are.
It's a medium. It has everything. You might as well ask what kinds of television shows exist, or what kinds of styles are existent in films.
>Other than mainstream reads I normally only read books on economics, history or politics.
Based on this, I'm going to recommend the works of Joe Sacco and Guy Delisle. Palestine and Pyongyang are their most popular comics, respectively.

Hellboy.

He kinda asked what you recommend to read that's not batman.

Try the watchmen. If you like the movie you should like the book even more. Matter of fact any of the movies based on comics that you like will probably be better if you try the source material.

Avoid new marvel. Old man Logan was cool but does reference old stuff a bit.

THIS

>He kinda asked what you recommend to read that's not batman.
That's extremely vague. Most comics aren't Batman.

I disagree
>Daredevil
Red Batman
>Green Arrow
Green Batman
>Nightwing
Blue Batman
>Batgirl
girl Batman
>Wonder Woman
also girl Batman
>Superman
Red AND Blue Batman
>Spider-man
also red and blue Batman
>Supergirl
also red and blue and also girl Batman

Should I start at issue 1?

So you're just trolling the guy trying to get into your little hobby.

just trying to have a wee laugh, lad

BEHOLD
multiversitycomics.com/annotations/hellboy-reading-order-2016/

The Hellboy In Hell Library and first Hell on Earth omni are coming out soon-ish if you're looking to read in physical form

So then don't recommend superhero comics.

... WTF? ... W-Was that not obvious enough???
Does Sup Forums really actually have to troll HARDER???

... How could we?

Miniature Newb,
I'm somewhat aware that those minis games have backstories to set up the gameplay,
(this is important)
WHAT NARRATIVES did you respond to?
Horror? Sci-Fi? Fantasy? Superheroes?
I know each of those have a mini game of their own.
The narrative that you most like will help determine what comic is for you.

You should start by erasing every memory you have of comics and then start with good ones.

See when someone new comes to the board why is it the "comimcs r art and capeshit is cancer" faggots always one of the first to post. No one wants to read your art school suicidal retarded graphic novels.

>everything is bad!!!
Yawn.

do you want 'not batman but similar kind of stories'
or do you want 'nothing like batman at all'

>Prophet
>art school suicidal retarded graphic novels

>Heh posting this for the hundredth time today no context needed!

I enjoy the struggle of a normal human in an otherwise magical world usually win so,e old and dangerous equipment or new and even more dangerous equipment >guard in 40k, >empire in fantasy, >khador in warmahordes

Come to think of it that kinda deserves batman -.- maybe I should try the more mystically powerful heroes?
hellbiy has me interested now too

what context does it need? You're a fucking retard and/or a console-war baiting fuckhead and I want you to leave.

The context is a response to (You), a poster who criticizes comics that you don't even recognize, and you have nothing at all to recommend.

Abnett's Aqua Man from Rebirth is great. Also any Green Lantern, no specific runs just read it all.

The only person I baited was you, because you're an autistic sociopath that thinks literally anyone cares that you're even still breathing!

Ps: I don't care that you want me to leave, have anouther (you)

well aren't you just precious

>I posted a reaction image this time, someone pay attention to me!

OP, I suggest you make and a top priority just to spite that angry naysayer.

Prophet in particular has a lot of what wants.

shade the changing man
usagi yojimbo
the invisibles
sandman
hellboy
the amazing screw-on head
godzilla half century war
100 bullets

jackie chan
jackie chan
jackie chan
batma-FUCK

Hellboy is oddly appropriate for that sort of interest.
You should also check out the other B.P.R.D. spin-offs of Hellboy.
That isn't my kind of thing, but I've heard good things about Fables too.
Hellblazer? Astro City?

One of the best books DC ever published.

Sweet Tooth
Bone
Jonah Hex

Punisher?

Gun Batman

>I've read just about all the batman graphic novels and all the new 52 stuff by Snyder and have liked about all of it.
Read Morrison's run.

Dude, DO YOU ONLY WANT SUPERHEROES OR NOT?

You seem to be unaware that most comics aren't Marvel or DC.

this

Ooh! Ooh! Do Hulk!

Green Angry Batman

Wouldn't Morrison be too much for a casual?
He does shotgun all those new ideas at the reader pretty hard.
It becomes barely legible even when you're familiar with the concepts that he's referencing.

Now do . Man-bat .

Bat Batman

Disregard indie retards. Read Silver Age comics, preferably World's Finest and Superman. If you want edgier stuff that isn't Moore-tier, read Denny O'Neill's works.

>I play various miniatures games at a local comic shop
Read Infinity: Outrage then.

>Never getting reprinted

>I play various miniatures games
Space army or fantasy?

Alright Sup Forums since this is basically a rec thread, i'm bored so rec me a comic and ill buy that shit and read it, any genre and any length (could be a omnibus etc).

Well if you wanna stick to batfamily there's plenty there.
Batwoman old and new are all pretty solid.
Grayson and the current Nightwing run are great.
Robin son of Batman and the Batman & Robin stuff of N52 were great.

Anything by John Ostrander.
I haven't read everything he's done, but what I have read of his have all been amazing.

Legend of GrimJack, The Spectre, Suicide Squad, Manhunter, Hawkworld, etc.
Man's got the midas touch in my opinion.

Are you OP? If not, what have you read?

Dracula?

Eh I'm sure tons of people jumped in during Batman & Robin and followed along fine.
He could easily start reading that, then backtrack when things get crazy again around Batman Inc

I bought the original issues 1-20 of this last week
I plan to sell it to someone else next week
Should I read it first?

This tbqh.