The (((critics))) hated it. Did you?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/Uptomyknees/status/943954534560276480
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yes, because it's garbage

but why

Look no further

t. CRITIC

Worst I'd give it is a 6/10, best I'd give it is 7.5.

That's an entertaining but slightly flawed film. The premise is interesting enough that I'd watch it. It's an interesting world to think about, so it's staying with me more than another buddy cop action film.

Pacing was iffy but it was fun

Netflix forced the critics to watch this movie in the theaters. That might have been a reason it was rated to bad. Its a big budget made for TV movie that just don´t work on the big screen despite the big budget.

It is even appealing to have a movie that wasn´t polished. Will they turn this thing into a tv-series now?

fpbp

entertaining, comforting to watch a brand new release in my home... it was something new, even though on a technical level it wasn't great and the story didn't move me

honestly, this is the future, and i love it

It was entertaining, better than I thought it would be.
Were the elf's the real world Jews?

I don't know why critics only accept fun as a positive when it applies to Disney flicks but consider it a negative for every other studio. Bright is just a fun, enjoyable movie whose flaws are easily outweighed by what it does right.

Also, fuck every critic who is saying Bright is racist because the Mexican gang. Portraying a real-life group in a movie is not racist, and Mexican gangbangers like that exist in droves in East LA. It would have been foolish NOT to include a Mexican gang in a movie set in East LA.

This will kickstart a wave of race realism kino films.

So what is this shit, basically Shadowrun?

As a Latino, I actually enjoy seeing that portrayal
in movies. Like I liked seeing Benicio in Nu star wars. People nowadays can perfectly distinguish that they are just making a character and does not apply to every mexican

This movie feels like a today world of Warcraft, it's fun

Definition of subtle
subtler play \ˈsət-lər, ˈsə-tᵊl-ər\; subtlest play \ˈsət-ləst, ˈsə-tᵊl-əst\
1 a : delicate, elusive a subtle fragrance
b : difficult to understand or perceive : obscure subtle differences in sound
2 a : perceptive, refined a writer's sharp and subtle moral sense
b : having or marked by keen insight and ability to penetrate deeply and thoroughly a subtle scholar
3 a : highly skillful : expert a subtle craftsman
b : cunningly made or contrived : ingenious
4 : artful, crafty a subtle rogue
5 : operating insidiously subtle poisons
6 : not Bright (2017)

Movie didn't need to be subtle, it was carried based on the premise alone.

That´s what I m saying. People of every race and folk want to see realism in movies now.

>Fairy Lives Dont Matter!

It´s baffling to me that a soyboy Like Max Landis wrote this script.

I watched it a few days ago and enjoyed it -- the main issue was Will Smith, at times he had great chemistry and fit in the role and at other times he was so extremely jarring and ruined everything. Also the movie should've been 20-30 minutes longer so we could explore more of the world but they're making a sequel so they have another shot at that.

cool flick to watch on a lazy sunday. 7/10

twitter.com/Uptomyknees/status/943954534560276480
It was Will "SIT DOWN BE HUMBLE" Smith who came up with that Oscar winning line.

>It´s baffling to me that a soyboy Like Max Landis wrote this script.
Just because he wrote the story doesn't mean he wrote the dialogue. Productions bring in other, uncredited writers to punch up dialogue all the time. Tarantino and Carrie Fisher were quite prolific for fixing dialogue problems.

turns out will smith was the worst part of the movie and i dont even mean because hes black but
>he was very unfriendly to the orc
>somehow gets to control the wand
>the wand is really fuckin gay and shouldmbe held by tikka or some kid or some other girl or something not by a masculine police officer
other things i noticed
>we got almost nothing to see from the federal elf agent
>orc are really ugly as fuck not even race bait potential
>dude random draggon and centaur lmao

kys

I like it.
It's a decent cop buddy story about prejudice, told with a nice coat of fantasy paint.
Hope more stuff comes out based in that universe. I'd like to know more about the world

Will Smith is too old for these movies

When Jakoby threw the trashcan like a frisby to decapitate the mexican pyromancer my whole theater clapped

He's too old to play a cop that's Will-Smith-aged?

It was pretty sub-par. Like Suicide Squad, Ayer takes an interesting premise and then just makes the whole thing about saving the world. Noomi’s villain actually seemed interesting at the end for 5 minutes but spent the previous hour and a half saying nothing and just killing people constantly.

Shame, it had potential.

>ywn be a Dark Lord
>ywn have a warrior/priestess/lover worshiping you and trying to revive you even 2000 years after you died and even willing to kill her sister for you

Feels bad man.

Fuck you punk ass white boy and fuck jakoby too dumb ass fucking orc

didt hey?, this movie wasnt in theaters widely you lying faggot

Basically but without any of the cyberpunk.

whatchu talkin bout cracka

Are there dragons or any equivalents?

Well its better than the new shadowrun games, they a bland as fuck

/thread

yes there is a dragon but just in one scene and in the background; they don't talk about it but it's enough to know they do exist within this world

Noomi is so much more attractive as an elf than a human.

I agree. I think the film would have worked better if we got a bit at the beginning before smith was shot introducing the two main characters and the world

There was a dragon flying over the city at one point but they don't seem to a factor.

Yeah no big deal, just a fire breathing animal flying around

its a Netflix movie,
>When Jakoby threw the trashcan like a frisby to decapitate the mexican pyromancer my whole theater clapped
How could that have happened when its streaming online? what theater?
Stop making up stories you are not six years old

Were you at a press screening?

you know he fucking wasnt

Yeah that's what it was. The screen they watched it on was too big.

*smacks lips*

In Shadowrun dragons are super intelligent and run the world from behind the scenes. That's how it differs from Bright.

>something new
Alien nation

I said MY whole theater. As in my home theater. It's worth every penny. Everyone wants to come over and watch kinography.

I’m assuming LOTR style intelligent reclusive dragons. Humans leave em alone and dragons leave us alone.

Pls invite me to your theater next time you have a movie night user.

>Everyone wants to come over and watch kinography
Your mom and your disability support worker does not count as everyone.
You would have said "everyone in my house" or something like that.
Your life is so boring you can';t even tell the truth on an anonymous forum

There's a no singles policy user.

Lol no. They're immortal and differ in their goals but they meddle in mortal affairs constantly, own the biggest corporations and generally go full keikaku with every occasion. One of them was elected president.

"Watch your back, shoot straight, conserve ammo, and never, ever, cut a deal with a dragon" is a shadowrunner proverb.

>user is a lonely loser with such a shitty setup that he can't comprehend hosting raunchy movie nights
HAHAHAHAHA

>Bad acting
>bland political message.
>really bad execution of somewhat decent idea (see Arcanum)
>Will Smith holding it's back against wall like 5 times
>executed like 5y/o would envision it
>"tech" quips every 10min.
>bad cgi
>""""world building""""
>bias towards white people

And i actually really tried to like it and watch it.

I mean they should be reclusive in Bright

I didn't hate it but I see where the critics are coming from. It's a mediocre movie at best.

Half of those don't even make sense and several of them are outright lies, fagnut.

This is Sup Forums. Most here solemnly watch tv shows/films on their belch stained monitor with 30 dollar Sennheisers .

>they hold you up
>to keep us down

If anyone hates on white people but cheers for the orcs then it's the ultimate hypocrisy, seeing as how both of these races are blamed for something their ancestors did some time ago

Because?
>acting
Shit as fuck. Smith evidently phoned it in.
>idea in Arcanum
Despite being shitty reskin of F2 it was very good game about races, problems and fallingdown of the old world.
This? This is just SJW drama.

More comming uo next you netfag drone shill

it was okay. I had no idea what it was about and took to the internet to find what other people thought about it. I saw this shit in every critic review. Something is not right.

Then I found out it cost 90 million to make. Than yeah, lol, it's a bad movie

Jews are goblins, elves are something else

Any specific reason why you put three parentheses around the word critics?

That line was good tho

Do you think there are elves who pretend to be human for (((reasons)))?

They'd be (((elves))) in Bright's universe.

Pt 2
>leaning against wall
They tried as fuck to recreate bad boys scene it hurt.
And they tried it many many times in this fucking burning garbage
>execution
Trully child's first "dark fantasy"
>cgi
It was so shit... can anyone really defend it?
Of course netflix paycheck can change things...
>world building
So tryhard. So bad...
ELVES motherfucker.
All were white!

Fuck yiu shekle-shill

>the wand is really fuckin gay
why

one of lead actors or the director said critics are jews

Maybe. But it doesn't appeal to me despite everyone all around saying that.

SHOW DON'T TELL... rings a bell?

>critics develop Pavlovian response for gay rights and black lives
>Fairy lives don't matter

Truly epic

He said critics were Inferni.

>World is dominated by races who are smarter and stronger than humans.
>The world is highly human influenced.
>Los Angeles is barely different from the real thing.

I think we can all agree that the world building sucked.

>The (((critics))) hated it. Did you?
I loved it.
>critics
You mean the same people who praised that garbage piece of shit TLJ?

given the premise, I went in expecting a much shittier movie than what I ended up watching.

>They tried as fuck to recreate bad boys scene it hurt.
The fuck are you talking about?
>Trully child's first "dark fantasy"
Wow, what deep insight. Trully babby's first shitpost.
>Of course netflix paycheck can change things...
Right, Netflix is cutting checks to random fucks on Sup Forums. Totally. Fucking kys.
>So tryhard. So bad...
Again, this means nothing.
>ELVES motherfucker.
>All were white!
You mean aside from 3 of 4 main elves, you fucking retard? The elf fed was arab or something. The two elf henchmen to Noomi were Asian and hispanic.
You're too stupid to even criticize buddy cop flicks. Holy shit.

It was ok. Far better than I expected, since I expected utter fucking shit. Not sure if I'd recommend it, but I don't regret watching it.

So this is why (((critics))) hated it

It's not uncommon for humans to still be dominant in fantasy worlds even when competing with other races.

No
Where is that quip written?

When I first heard the critics hated it and the audience loved it I had to watch it.
Conspiracy theories (even totally valid ones) aside I think critics are snobpbish about some things but other things get a pass.
You remember ghostbusters? they loved that piece of shit

Humans are clearly subservient to elves in this

>When I first heard the critics hated it and the audience loved it I had to watch it.
I mean, I didn't think it was amazing or anything, just no way in hell is it a 3.7/10 movie.

It's like saying cockroach lives don't matter.
Fairies are dangerous pests in this world.
Why are critics so retarded?
Someone link the population boards. Humans are the most numerous in the USA. It stands to reason that the world would be in their image.

I thought it was a good movie. I mean sure it's no masterpiece but compared to some of the garbage that's come out the last few years and gotten a high critic rating it's a lot better. I liked the blend of fantasy and modern buddy-cop drama, I liked the cute elf girl, and I liked the story.

the script
the acting
the ham fisted social commentary
the cast

Jermain i know thats maybe your first gig at a tech company but shilling for a shitty movie isn't a vaiable income source.

Of course on top of that you've just shown how big of a pleb you are

>the ham fisted social commentary
ok maybe not as bad as ham fisted, maybe vienna sausage fisted or possibly even potted meat fisted

There are threads all over fourchan for this movie, I liked it but seriously you shills need to space it out a bit its becoming so obvious

I unxerstand we share a similar opinion of the movie.
So i have a question
Who defends it so furiously? It's the exact opossite case of TLJ.
What's happening?

Subservient only as it helps humanity. Elves obviously have money. It was economic. They weren't blindly following their every command which is only half of what subservience implies. The cops were more than willing to kill Tikaa. The main character had no reservations of blowing away three elves. The feds had no problem trying to kill them either.

People who loved it

I don't watch films written by psychopathic rapists.

I thought it was a alright film