You've been given an endless budget to create a Dark Souls cartoon. How do you set it up?

You've been given an endless budget to create a Dark Souls cartoon. How do you set it up?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=V_wCwTdaGyo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Spend my fucking endless money on something more important to humanity than a goddamn kid's cartoon with limited appeal and niche targeting

It's not going to be a kids cartoon.

endless hookers and endless blow for six months to prepare the preparing process

Prequel where we see everything from the beginning of the war against dragons, finding of the flame, etc.

It would suck.
But if I was forced to commit sacrilege, I'd probably make it some sort of anthology series.

Make it a dark comedy. MC progresses through areas. Each season is two areas, mid season and end season are boss fights. Episodes in between center on MC exploring word, villain of the week could be stronger non respawning enemies or invading players. MC is killed once or twice per an episode. Progressively becomes more jaded. There is a holiday special, its Knight Artorias. Also to stay accurate to the game the studio will blow through 2/3 of its budget until the end of the Anor Londo arc, then the second half of the series will seem pretty mediocre. The bed of chaos episode will be universally hated.

Hook up a capture card and play the game. There's your new show.

Main character goes hollow at the end of episode 1.
Rest of the series is just him standing in one place.

I would film a play through of it and then keep the rest of the endless budget to spend on blow.

Put all the budget into one hour long special.

Episode is just showing an undead knight making his way through some ruined castle town. Focus everything on quality artwork, animation, and atmosphere. No dialogue at all, focus on just one guy killing enemies, taking his time, going slow and cautiously, avoiding traps etc. Not a fast paced action show.

Every now and then you see phantoms of other undead appear for a moment or two like in the game, but you only see them because of 'camera' angles. Only at one point in the episode does the protagonist actually notice a phantom and observe it for a few moments before continuing on.

The climax is him fighting a demon and losing. Then it cuts to a bonfire with the knight sitting next to it with his head in his hands, then credits.

>endless budget
>all the budget in one episode
Better be a dam good episode

Skellies come.
Everyone dies.

At a certain point I don't think additional money will make a show better

An indepth look at why cats are immortal but no one in the games seem to care

Hire Ghibli to animate by hand and hire Guillermo del Toro to write it.

That actually sounds fucking awesome 10/10, would watch

youtube.com/watch?v=V_wCwTdaGyo

hire this guy

Hire Miyazaki and Miura to write the script, get an actually good studio make it an anime

>6 season show
>2 seasons for each game
>First two episodes of season 1 show the rise of the age of fire, including Gwyn's rise to power, the witches of Ialith, Nito, and the Pygmys.
>Episodes 3 and 4 cover important events in the first age of fire and end with the fire waning.
>The final 8 episodes are spend on the chosen undead getting to Anor Londo
>Second season is the 4 lords and Gwyn along with the NPC stories.
>Season 3/4 cover the events of Dark Souls 2 in a similar fashon, hitting all the same beats and same episode progressions
>Season 5/6 open explaining the Unkindled ash, the countless ages that have passed, and how the fire is fading again, and has grown ever weaker as the ages pass
>Some time during season 6 the Unkindled finds the Fire Keeper's Eyes in the dark Firelink Shrine, but it's unclear what is done with them.
>The Unkindled has a run in with Yuria but is never shown to go full hollow
>Over all hits a most of the same beats the previous five seasons have
>Wrap up all the loose ends hanging about in the world +DLCs
>End with the fight with the Champion of Ash
>Firekeepers sign appears
>Unkindled stares back and forth between the sign and the first flame
>Credits

I put it up in the trash.

Take the money and run.
It would be a huge financial failure any way.