Do you agree with Mark?

Do you agree with Mark?

Well it's definitely pretty bullshit in that universe.

Define Hero.

Mark has pretty unrealistic ideas about the world considering how many times he's been killed in it.

But no one's exactly playing with a full deck.

I think the robot guy, the one who dated the monster girl and came back from that planet, had the best idea.

You can't maintain the status quo, this is fact, because the writer gods hike the stakes every so often.

Globalization is important, and we're never going to get past our stupid differences (my god is allah but mine is yahweh die die die) without someone taking charge and killing all the fuckheads encouraging these divisions.

It was a ratfink way to do things, but still probably for the best.

What is even the fucking point of this comic? I mean it's just edgy macho grimdarkness over and over and over. None of the main characters are remotely interesting anymore. Does anyone even still read it?

His daughter's life was at stake, the boy wouldn't think twice about murdering her given the chance. Trying to saving them both would just come off as stupid. I agree with what he did.

Also this

>(my god is allah but mine is yahweh die die die)
This sort of stupid, self-destructive behavior is actively promoted by the people in charge, who need a distraction while they fill their private accounts with the planet's wealth.

The Saudis alone have poured billions into extremist mosques to drive poorz into being Allah Snackbars.

It's charming that what you really want is to place the boot directly on your neck.

This is Invincible, not Walking Dead.

>The Saudis alone have poured billions into extremist mosques to drive poorz into being Allah Snackbars.
>killing all the fuckheads encouraging these divisions.

No it's a beautiful dream

>I know, I'll just get someone to kill all the trouble makers!
>What, me and my gang aren't bad guys! You're just spreading lies... LIKE A TROUBLE MAKER!
Yup, foolproof plan there.

>walking dead
>edgy

Yes, yes, that worked so well for the Gommunist Rebolutionaries XDDDD.

>walking dead
>not edgy

rofl

Neegan alone is probably the third edgiest fictional character of the last 20 years, behind only The Governor and Alpha.

spider- manĀ“s 55 years of experience disagrees
Invincible was great...WAS, now is shit. too bad

Spider-Man is lucky enough to live in a crowded metropolis filled with unstable superhuman maniacs, who have somehow managed to kill maybe 5 people over 55 years.

Not even the Grim Reaper himself can claim his immortal Auntie. So of course Pete is an idealist.

Other than a few parts like Michonne spooning with the Governor, Abe's headshot, Rick ripping out that guy's throat, Dale being eaten alive, I never saw the series as THAT gruesome.

This is an age where a guy can get graphically stabbed in the throat on the fucking CW network. It can be worse.

Edgy isn't the same as gory.
You can be one without being the other.

Crossed is Edgy AND Gory, but they aren't synonymous.

Then what makes a work edgy?

>inb4 newfag

*shut up newfag

Well yeah, if it wasn't everyone would do it.

edgy comes off a dark tone for the sake of being mature. Gory is a step toward being purposly detailed and gross.

Do you agree with Clark?

Mark's world doesn't leave that much room for "heroism".
He's had his guts punched out more than once.
He's seen worlds die, and his wife's leg torn off.
He was personally raped by a super-woman, who's probably had his bastard.
He then lost massive chunks of his daughter's life while on missions.
He's personally had to kill "himself" painfully messily on multiple occasions.
His arch-nemesis took over a planet to turn it into a birthing factor for warriors.
His long-standing friend Rex murdered dozens of his friends to take control of the planet. A planet which much prefers it with him in charge.
He's had to kill people, including innocents repeatedly for the greater good on a number of occasions.
He's had to turn around and kill the person he betrayed everything he had to work with for the good of mankind, because he had just killed millions, if not billions of people.

Mark's right.
When you live in the world he does, where the stakes are as high as they are?
Being a Hero IS bullshit.

>Alpha
From power rangers?

gee it's almost as if the only trick Kirkman has is to fuck shit up for his characters really bad

But that can't be right, can it?

What you're describing sounds fun like Mark Millar's comics or a slasher flick.
Invincible is just a boring shock value-fest

He still wins. Mostly.
That to me is the important distinction between it and the waifu infested bullshit that is Uber.

Punisher in the 90's comes to mind.

In fact, most of comics in the 90's comes to mind.