Has a cartoon ever made you cry? Is this what pure kino feels like?

Has a cartoon ever made you cry? Is this what pure kino feels like?

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymotion.com/video/x4yti5b
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Made Zutarafags cry, tell you that.

A hamfisted kiss tacked on at the end, bordering on fanfiction made you cry?

Just Leaves from the Vine.

>zurarafags
thats just irredeemable

I thought this "12 year olds making out" shit was way weirder and creepier than Korra and Asami holding hands or whatever the fuck people bitched about. Where was everyone when charlie brown was swapping spit on live TV?

Fucking heteros are just retarded I think

>t. Aaron Ehasz

At least Ehasz can write. This bit made no sense.

like, an epic one tear cry of pure kino!
it wasnt tacked on, it was destiny from the first episode. it wasnt hamfisted, it was passionate.

It was terrible, and it is pure hypocrisy to criticise LoK for its romance, and then praise this, because they were both handled equally poorly.

Romance that was built up the whole fucking show is tacked on. Christ just complain about the deus ex machina like a normal person.

I'll probably start LoK now that I finally made it through this series properly. Yeah, the writing is kind of garbage, but name a 'western' cartoon with a 12yo target audience that has a more engaging story, better characters, so on and so fourth et cetra et cetra

this guy gets it

I love ATLA, especially the second season, but it frustrates me when people defend bad writing like this because they like the ship.

It was literally the only way the show could have ended. I would have been thoroughly disappointed if it didn't end with that cathartic love scene.

Gonna actually reply to the thread's question and say that the closest I ever got was Hey Arnold's Christmas special. Other than that the ending to Gunbuster was pretty emotional as well.

>implying book three isnt the best

Yes, I am, because it wasn't. Still good, but the pacing was poor, and the characterisation was a bit off at some points. The overall writing quality just wasn't quite up to what season 2 offered.

>Leaves from the Vine
oh, just now realized what you were referring to.
word.

I just loved the backstory that it added to the series; I'd have to disagree on the characterization and maybe even writing for this reason. Everything really comes together in the third season. I can totally see your point on pacing and maybe writing though

Season 3 had a lot of great individual episodes, but it failed to become more the sum of its parts for me. If they had brought Zuko into the group earlier, and had more build up to the finale, it would've made the whole thing more cohesive. Just my thoughts.

>I'm so autistic that kissing literally doesn't make sense to me

what

There's virtually no build up to it. Katara's feelings are never really explored, and then she's suddenly in love with him at the end. I don't buy it, and there's a reason why the head writer was against it.

As great as ATLA was, the ending was shit

Helga on the Couch from Hey Arnold
The episode of As Told by Ginger where her kidney bursts
Boxing Daria

Yes, because it would have made so much more sense to force Zutara. Simply genius.

>12 years old
Pretty sure it's 15

>The episode of As Told by Ginger where her kidney bursts

Wait what

Definitely fair.
I see where you are coming from, but you can see it building very early on... her jealousy grows throughout the seasons whenever another girl so much as flirts. I think she had subconscious feeling that were initially expressed brotherly, but become more romantically apparent after her fortune telling. Like she stated in one of the last episodes, she was confused, and didn't want feeling to get in the way of the war they were fighting, but she knew it was destiny more than Aang did.

He didn't want to force it at the end. My understanding is he wanted to leave it more open ended, with subtle hints at Zuko and Katara beginning to have romantic feelings, which would've made sense had they put a little effort into it. Rumour has it he wanted to develop it more had there been a 4th season.

ok so it wasn't a kidney burst, but an appendicitis attack

dailymotion.com/video/x4yti5b

Delete this. Zuko finds his mother so his mommy issues don't need to be satisfied by Katara.

Fuck off bryke.

Zutara was literally perfect, which was why they tried to recreate it in Korra.