Why do people treat Star Wars as huge pieces of art? They are kids movie, that’s why you see humour...

Why do people treat Star Wars as huge pieces of art? They are kids movie, that’s why you see humour, cute chatacters like the Ewoks or Porgs and action. It’s laughable how middle age fans are so angry about the new movies. Do they really think Star Wars will flop? Kids are the fucking target audience and kids do not give a fuck about Snoke, flying Leia or Luke being an asshole. They will continue watching Star Wars cause it’s Star Wars. I was born in the early 90’s and I didn’t give a fuck about the flaws on the prequels untill I rewatched the movie in my late teens. It will happened the same with the sequels, we will have a generation that will grow with these movies and then they will defend them.

Other urls found in this thread:

observer.com/2017/04/george-lucas-says-star-wars-is-for-12-year-olds/
m.youtube.com/watch?v=YuEnYHsD6vk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

ya.

>. I was born in the early 90’s

Kill yourself. Not kidding. Do it.

Why? Cause I’m in my late 20’s?

cause SW fans are fucking manchilds and nerds. They are ok movies for the most part except episode II that fucking sucks. The only great one is Empire.

This

unironically kill yourself

because the first three WERE pieces of art
doesn't matter who the target audience is

A movie isn't for kids just because it doesn't have edgy rape scenes or whatever it is you think adult movies are about.

It’s the truth bro. Even RLM talked about this on their review. SW is like a political party now

>Why do people treat Star Wars as huge pieces of art?

Nobody gives a shit about your opinion kiddo.

Even Lucas thinks that Star Wars is for kids: observer.com/2017/04/george-lucas-says-star-wars-is-for-12-year-olds/

I think you did, you responded to it in an Angry way.

hey disney
star wars movies have never been about the ewoks and the kiddy aspects
they've always been about the one moment where Luke fights Vader and at the end, his black tunic comes open to reveal the light lining inside and he casts away his lightsaber to spare him.

Everything else is just superficial fluff, if you're not working from or towards that moment you've sorely missed the entire point

Tell that to Lucas:

>it's not meant for mature moviegoers such as myself, therefore it can't be art
*tips fedora*

Hahaha SW fans are more likely to be a fat fedora user than the average dude.

Thanks for taking the time to make this post, OP.
Your opinion matters, don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Trigger SW fans hahaha.

I’m not the only one btw: m.youtube.com/watch?v=YuEnYHsD6vk

>Haha I was born 2 years earlier than you therefore I'm oldfag :PPPPPPPPPPPPP

How about you kill yourself?

Fuck you. Kill yourself, the world will be a better place with less obese SW fans.

Not really, I'm Catholic and I'm a SW fan. I also like trek a lot and I admit there's a lot of fedoras in that side, but in SW not so much.

>kids movie
A kids' movie doesn't have to be shit. The best movies/TV shows for kids are something that an adult will enjoy and perhaps appreciate on a deeper level. Shit excuse, heard that when the Hobbit movies were out.

I'm not a sw fan, but I'm indeed a little bit overweight due to a medical condition called gigantic penis that I would like to rub all over your autistic little slut face

The point OP is making is they're just dumb space adventure films that people take WAY too fucking seriously. They're not the gospels, they're just silly movies. Ppl on here arguing about "Real Space Physics" and getting mad that "lightspeed doesn't work like that" are ironically not realizing how petty and ridiculous they're being by demanding "Realism" from a film series that was never about "Realism". The OT is great, yes, but at its heart its just fun dumb sci-fantasy adventures. Nothing more, nothing less.

>just silly movies
Not really. The original trilogy was goofy at times but there were a lot of meaningful moments. Kids actually have some taste, they can sometimes tell when movies suck.

Is something like Toy Story just a silly film? No, it's a bit more than that. And guess what? Kids actually liked it more because they could tell that it was actually good.

they're general audience movies

I'm not saying that they don't have meaningful themes and powerful moments, because they do. I'm saying that overall, they're meant to entertain, not instruct you how to live your life or shape your existence. By "silly movies" I mean that they're not meant to be taken too seriously, like the hordes of raging fanboys do on this site and others.

ROTS was r rated, are you saying it was a childrens movie?

He removed the decapitation part of the RotS arrest scene as it wouldn't be PG-13 ( remains in the book )

>I'm saying that overall, they're meant to entertain, not instruct you how to live your life or shape your existence.
Why? Can't a movie for kids teach them something? Why does it necessarily have to be about entertainment or overall about entertainment?

>not meant to be taken too seriously
In the sense that they're held to some sort of standard instead of just saying: well, it's for kids - who gives a fuck?

Look, if someone wants to live their life based solely on lessons they learned from movies, more power to em, but they're probably going to have a fucked up life. I love SW movies as much as the next guy but at the end of the day they're just pieces of entertainment.

And no, thats kind of extrapolating from what I said. All I'm saying is "they're just movies", not "they're just KIDS movies." They shouldn't be taken so seriously that when one comes out that doesnt live up to your expectations, you say "my whole childhood is ruined" like your whole life hinges on sci-fantasy movies. It's not the end of the world or your childhood, It's Just A Movie.

>by demanding "Realism" from a film series that was never about "Realism"
They are not demanding realism. They are demanding consistency.

>one comes out that doesnt live up to your expectations
That's a vast understatement of what the Disney movies are

>bad guys are literally members of the "dark side"

different user here. Kill yourself
The world would be better without your presence you fat fuck

>12a classification
>kids film
At most its a teenage film.

TELL THAT TO KANJIKLUB

Lucas did say 12 year-olds, but Lucas was big on Joseph Campbell/Power of Myth.
His insight was the future is now, and ot used everyday objects but skewed them, coming out of Star Wars it seemed Skywalker or the bun-haired princess might be around the corner.