Amusement/Theme Parks thread

Strike when the iron is Lukewarm edition

>First Avatar sequel planned for 2020
pretty sure they're striking when the iron is fucking frozen

Opinions so far;

From what I've seen of the footage of the river ride the song sounds too childish and 'happy' for my tastes. It should be calming, mystical, and mysterious. I get they want it to be a family friendly ride but in my opinion the only good thing about the movie was how 'distant' the somewhat uncreative and unoriginal world was. It wasn't a happy go lucky romp ride. Idk I just hate the song the animatronic sings. Nice tech though.

Is it bad that I kinda want one of those banshee puppets or that 'make a personalized avatar' figures? Those things are fucking expense but seem interesting to me. End me now

dude, Iron freezes at like, 2800 degrees farenheit

Going to Universal again in July. The new park looks sick.

I'm waiting for christmas at harry potter.

Is there anyone at all excited about this? Like does Avatar even have hardcore fans anymore?

I wanna know how this is connected to the other parks.

does anyone remember the Rainbow Bridge Nachos? or any of these foods?

Zootopia attractions when?

There's a Mass Effect themed attraction (based on ME3) at California's Great America.

Rides pretty silly even by ME standards.

We've been over this already, it isn't going to happen until furries learn to not hump everything in sight and behave themselves or when Disney finally gets permission from the government to trap furries and use them as a cheap alternative to pork.

Terminator 2 came a long time after the first movie and is regarded as being the best one. Plus it had a popular ride. I wouldn't count Avatar 2 out just yet.

Not really. Novelty wore off fast and aside from blue people there really wasn't anything to really connect into. I thought of a cooler way to do Pandora looking at all the tech and maybe a few failed mining settlements mixed among some struggling ones. Then I realized I was thinking about Borderlands.

I mean the way the mining settlements were described sounds pretty cool Hell Trucks and stuff.

heck 2020 is being generous as a launch date as Cameron wants to have another 3D innovation to showcase the films.

I do. I remember that restaurant was my favorite whenever we would go there as a kid and I can picture a giant hulk smashing through a wall.

Disney is probably pretty annoyed since they were supposed to be halfway through those movies at this stage.

Not they've got a part area taken up by a attraction that's going to need explaining to a good amount of their park going attendance.

They are going to have to spend time and effort to introduce people to the world of Avatar. Which is extra effort they don't need if this was just a Marvel or Star Wars area.

That Dip sounds really nice.

So the the Lefou's Brewor Butter Beer?

I went to Universal in the run up to last christmas.

The Harry Potter ride was closed my entire 2 week holiday. I was annoyed.

>implying it's furries and not the embarrassing (for Disney) story behind this movie.

So a thought to park Premiums.

I've got it figured into my budgets to go for say two big ticket items at a park. Wands seem to be what I've heard are the best collectables mainly for the presentation within the park shop.

Disney is going to have to have some kinda Star Wars Lightsaber construction thing to match.

>also implying that disney isn't already full of humpable mascot characters

I'm still waiting for them to show up around Halloween, Disney...

>Zootopia
>embarrassing (for Disney) story behind this movie
DO tell.

In short: WDAS almost created animated movie about apartheid with furries.

Oh right, the whole shock collar and freedom park with bitter feelings thing?

Why would that bother Disney and stop them from doing amusement attractions about the movie? The finished thing is almost nothing like it.

Personally, I think it's the furries inevitable explicit behavior that gives Disney [spoilers]______paws

I can't help but feel that the delay to Gigantic is so they can coincide it with adding Spain to Epcot.

Not really, but lots of normies still member Avatar.

But nowhere near the other IPs they have access to now. No matter how much Cameron thought of it its not going to amount to anything and will be as laughable as Titanic The Ride.

Oh, is this the thread where we pretend to be smarter than a multi-billion-dollar money-making machine and the creator of the #1 and #2 money-making movies of all time? Alright then.

Make no mistake, betting against Cameron's movie successes has proven to be not only a losing bet but a monumentally losing bet. People thought Terminator was going to flop. People thought Aliens was going to flop. People thought Titanic was going to flop. People thought Avatar was going to flop. If you are dumb enough to want to bet against Cameron again just go ahead and light your money fire, cut out the middleman.

Disney is taking a chance here, no doubt. The Avatar sequels could underperform, they could flop. Or they could be massive successes and they find themselves with a theme park for that movie *already constructed* waiting for the mobs hungry for more.

I was about to say, but I couldn't remember the name.

>Oh, is this the thread where we pretend to be smarter than a multi-billion-dollar money-making machine and the creator of the #1 and #2 money-making movies of all time? Alright then.
are you implying Didney has never made any kind of mistake before?

I remember it was supposed to come out in December 2017 but it got pushed back for a pretty obvious reason

>We could have had Zootopia if Disney hadn't blown its load over Avatar
>We could have had Beastly Kingdom if Disney hadn't gone full penny pincher in the first place

Are you implying you are incapable of reading two whole lines down where I admit Disney is taking a chance here?

IMO you should look at it this way - Disney is notoriously conservative, they do not chances lightly. They're putting alot of money into this Avatar park, they're fairly confident this is going to work out well into their favor. Maybe they've seen more than you have, they've looked at Cameron's work and said "yep, thats going to be hugely popular, lets jump onboard"

Or you can listen to folks who have nothing better to do than to sit around posting to Sup Forums on a saturday. That includes me, and I'll telling you not to listen to me but to listen to the guys who have proven track records of bringing home the billions.

>>We could have had Zootopia if Disney hadn't blown its load over Avatar

that movie's overrated, bub. Glad it's gone.

>star tours
>started off having to escape from Darth Vader's force grip
>did underwater bit from Ep1
>did super star destroyer wreck chase from Ep.7
>ended with a droid flying through the windscreen

Are all of these scenes chosen randomly or just some? I kinda dug the new version of the ride, even if it is using 25+ year old tech now (not sure if minion mayhem or Star Tours has the older ride base).

But people will still flock to the rides and buy the merch because people tend to be stupid that way.

Chip is a man after my own heart