/lbg/

Letterboxd thread: post profiles and discuss what you have recently watched

QOTD: it’s Christmas, were you naughty or nice this year?

Other urls found in this thread:

letterboxd.com/OriginalName3/
letterboxd.com/Smoothhands/
letterboxd.com/dankmemes111/
letterboxd.com/jessikatz/
discord.gg/FSrCzQ
youtube.com/watch?v=KS98pUd7Cbg
youtu.be/-UzkOrdKUII
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Michael Hackneke

Man Like Han"e"ke

ROLLING FOR BACKLOG

Lets hope it's a good one!

What list

My wishlist/backlog.

>Italian psychiatrists examine my pictures and say, Oh, of course the knife is his phalllus. It’s a penetration symbol. No it isn’t. It’s a knife and I’m filming murders in the most explosively and visually dynamic way I can. I’m a director not an analyst.

The excitement of Christmas morning... John Wayne and his kids, 1958...

Does this attention seeking cunt infuriate anyone else when they pop up in the reviews section?

it's christmas don't be so rude

>cunt
dick*

megaautist is spending "christmas time" with eddy

who the heck is eddy

die hard more like die bored jesus christ

merry christmas tsario

>using letterboxd for anythig else but rating

Reviews written by non academics is a complete waste time.

merry chrismtas macho-man

Boredom is a symptom of low attention span, low attention span is a symptom of infantilism, infantilism is a symptom of bad genes, bad genes are a symptom of delayed evolution.

tldr

Brainlet.

>academic reviewers.
90% of SBJ's ramblings originates from academics. enjoy the communist/liberal subversion of values.

this

Response from family to Suspiria today was not enthusiastic

tfw bad genes

elaborate

I mean Film academics not culture studies or sociologists. Also there are streams in academia that are anti-liberal or just plain conservative. Your fear is over exaggerated

Where do you think film academics get their thoughts, you can easily point out which of the French or German philosophers and academics Godard got his thoughts f.e.

my parents and brother watched it and thought it was only ok/pretty good

Do you really think those French and German acdemics are liberals? Goes to show what you know. Most of the Frankfurt school and postmodern thinkers had many opinions that are downright conservative. Adorno called jazz basically cuck music and would've hated French New Wave.

letterboxd.com/OriginalName3/

original name

letterboxd.com/Smoothhands/
OOPS!

Hello friends. What are some good films to help me deal with the fact that I'm spending christmas sad and alone?

Hello friends. What are some films?

Suspiria!

>communist/liberal

here's my account
letterboxd.com/dankmemes111/

gay

Hi machill. I've seen Suspiria many times and do not think it is a good fit for what I am looking for. Thank you anyways for your recommendation.

waboo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kys

waboo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Grey.
Gladiator

Watch The always sunny in Philadelphia Christmas special

I've seen those two films many times but I might rewatch Gladiator. Thank you for your recommendations.

I hate my family!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?

mubi is not great

This is a good recommendation as I haven't seen it yet! I will watch it. Thank you for your recommendation.
I'm sorry to hear that! Keep your head up.
Hello Nap. What did you think of Red River?

found megaautist
letterboxd.com/jessikatz/

how do i get invited to the /lbg/ discord

Agreed, poor stream quality stops it being being good
Did you watch singin in the rain on channel 5?

it’s a great Christmas episode

nice flick, enjoyed all the cows
I enjoy westerns but I haven't seen one i've loved though, any reccs?
ye channel 5
good shit

>I enjoy westerns but I haven't seen one i've loved though, any reccs?
Here are a few of my favourites: Johnny Guitar, The Wild Bunch, Django Kill... If You Live, Shoot!, My Darling Clementine, High Noon, The Great Silence, The Big Gundown, Death Rides a Horse
Hopefully you enjoy some of them!

>53 replies
>16 posters

smugemilyjean.png

oh yeah johnny guitar is great
i'll check out the rest

Heaven's gate, AoJJbtcRF, Johnny Guitar, Hell or high water, BmthoAG, Stagecoach, The Searchers, My Darling Clementine.

Have you seen any Leone film?

> hell or high water
garbage film, opinion discarded
only the first two man with no name fliccs

discord.gg/FSrCzQ

Why do you consider HOTH a garbage film? You should watch the rest of Leone. And something that will help you understand American Civil War, like that Ken Burns document.

no thanks

Cliched, bland derivative cinematography, predictable, no tits etc

Just garbage i m o

Could you elaborate a bit more?

It ticked all the boxes a generic movie should and that's all you need to know

Sorry :/

I saw Bright some days ago and I really can't believe the reviews it has been getting on lettercuck, funny part is that I click on the reviewers' profiles and they all have The Last Jedi a very high score.

Really makes me think.

If it so self-evident that it is generic can't you elaborate easily, why?

I'm not writing an essay on a film that doesn't deserve it, plus I saw it ages ago but it's just shit for all the aforementioned reasons and more

I'm afraid you're just going to have to acquiesce my opinion and shallow criticism

I did not ask for essay, you can't even write one within the post limits of Sup Forums.

Strange you had such a strong reaction to film as to call it garbage, yet have nothing to say bout it when asked.

gay

calm down lad, it was a film I disliked due to it being utterly generic in every way possible and there's not much more to say about it as the film didn't have much more to it other than vapid banality

that is all I have to say on the matter

Don't forget to select your favorite films!

Tried to watch Howls Moving Castle but gave up after half an hour. I feel dead inside right now tbqh

I’m not slept but I thought the way it handled the ‘economic crisis’ commentary was extremely clumsy

"Stealing, it just works" is quite a rough statement I guess.

Don't forget to select your favorite films!

This Christmas is the best. My family is everything to me, and I love spending time with them.

lads I need a short movie to watch tonight

not a short film, but a movie that is short.

I repeat SHORT

Phone Booth

simón del desierto

Silent night deadly night
it’s festive, good and only ~1hr 20
And on Netflix I think

youtube.com/watch?v=KS98pUd7Cbg

Family Genes

Genes Immons

youtu.be/-UzkOrdKUII

wahoo!!!!!!!!!!! i love a christmas classic!!!!! can't wait for three billboards!!!!!!!!!!!!

that's not him

>movies Emma should see
pic related

I might watch Eyes Wide Shut tonight?

Yes

No

Merry Christmas!

From 27AMDI34.

Humphrey Bogart married Lauren Bacall on May 21, 1945. They remained married until his death in 1957...

I actually cannot wait for three billboards (wanted to see at LFF but couldn’t go that day)
There’s a preview screening tomorrow at my local cinema but I don’t think I can go

Three Billboards was fucking great. McDonagh's best imo.

Yeah heard good things
In Bruges is great, thought seven psychopaths was good but not great, went to see Hangmen and thought that was also great, expected it to be turned into a film at some point

You don't really think you'll win, do you?