This was worst than Phantom Menace

This was worst than Phantom Menace

Other urls found in this thread:

vanityfair.com/hollywood/2017/12/star-wars-last-jedi-laura-dern-admiral-holdo-listen-to-women
youtube.com/watch?v=eYgc-kKhEnU
youtube.com/watch?v=qzVBqBosf5w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It was worse than Attack of the Clones.
It's the worst star wars movie.

You can't even spell "worse" right, that gives an idea of what kind of idiot doesn't like The Phantom Menace.

So, there going to rebuild the resistance with a couple dozen people?

What the fuck happened to Leia in two yea... I mean two days?

>you can now ram ships at light speed
Um, no sweetie. That's not how it works in Star Wars. FTL travel works in Hyperspace, which is another dimension.
Somebody needs to teach the writers of Star Wars the rules of Star Wars.

No, the rebels in the Outer Rim are going to show up just in the nick of time. You couldn't hear them because they were out of range at the time, but now they're here to finish the FO once and for all.

Why was Mr. Robot in Star Trek?

Phantom Menace was better. This might be worse than AOTC too. I'd probably have to rewatch it to decide but I don't want to see it ever again. Oh well.

The Phantom Menace was pretty good though.

If Jar Jar didn't speak in ebonics, I would be okay with what you're saying. Right now it's still hard for me to decide.

I know it's been said a thousand times but look at this picture

just look at it

We’ve gone full contrarian now. The 15 year old extremist logic is too much. TLJ fucking sucks but if you genuinely think it’s worse than TPM you’re fucking delusional. The 2 first prequels aren’t even so bad they’re funny bad, they’re just boring bad. It’s cefinitely worse than revenge of the Sith though

At least in the Phantom Menace, light-sabers actually clashed with each other.

That isn't what makes a movie good you fucking autist

This was better than Return of the Jedi

hi rebbit

I just love rots despite its flaws and I cant tell why

TPM is at least consistent in it's tone. I can't say the same for AOTC or ROTS. After scenes like General Hugs and Super-Leia, Jar Jar stepping in shit for laughs seems quaint.

NO.
It's the third best movie after ESB and ANH.

Carrie Fisher looked like death warmed over in this movie. They should have let her character die on screen. Kylo spares her, the first order blows up the bridge anyway, and then that is what pushes him back towards the light side instead of having him double down. Kylo leaving the first order because of his mother's death would have been a huge character moment but they blew it.

Patrician.

ESB >= ANH > TLJ > ROTJ >= ROTS > > > TFA > AOTC > TPM > > > RO > > > TCW

Sheev constantly hamming it up kept things fun

TLJ Rey-Kylo-Luke scenes >>>> the rest of TLJ

The Phantom Menace wasn't even that bad compared to the other prequels.

Yeah, it was fairly grounded and kind of charming, in a retarded way. II and III are just dire.

The only big problem with TPM was jarjar, if you replace him with a likable character then it would be the best sw movie

WE GOT IT ALREADY
no need to make these threads every 5 min.

Anyone have the drawing of shirtless Kylo ren

>podracing
>destroyer droids
>droid army invasion
>space battle over naboo
>two on one duel between the Jedi vs the Sith
>Palpatine's start of his rise to power and destroying the Republic
Acting was solid, scenes were great, story was good, only issue is Jar-Jar and even then he comes off forgivable compared to Finn and the chink down syndrome anarchist in TLJ. Also fight choreography was good and the PT by far has an amazing soundtrack that matches if not outstrips the OT while nothing stands out for Disney Star Wars sans Krennic's suite.

>fling leiah so fanny

>Acting was solid

Hi Disney cuck.

JJ Abrams should bring back Carrie Fisher's corpse for Episode IX; she can't look any worse than she did in VIII anyway.

I agree on 2, but watching sheev in 3 was some good times.

Imagine being this much of a contrarian so other neckbeards on the internet can validate your taste.

>TPM is at least consistent in it's tone.

Nigger, is this bait? The climax of the movie goes from Jar Jar and the Gungans' wacky war vs the Droids to Qui Gon dying to "Now this is podracing." It's fucking crazy. It's the most tonally inconsistent mess in all of Star Wars.

Imagine being this much of a contrarian just so other neckbeards on the internet can validate your taste.

t. soyboy

Phantom Menace is actually the only prequel I really enjoy, it feels the most like a Star Wars film despite the shitty CGI.

I've watched all 3 precuels this week after the last jedi and they are awesome in comparison. Even jarjar looks great compared to TLJ characters.

I would of rather have had a Rogue One trilogy..

I would actually prefer no present day Star Wars flicks.. just keep them in the past timeline.

Just as I got used to Carrie being old and botox lipped, she's dead.

From a story point definitely

The worst is still rogue one. TLJ is now the 2nd worst

>I like this
>DUDE SO LE REDDIT/9GAG/MEME/SOYBOY LMAO

what people try to achieve by using this "insult"?

Seriously? Rogue one wasn't complete shit like everything else after Return of the Jedi

The amount of hate the new Star Wars is getting is hilariously interesting. Maybe George Lucas is a genius and the prequels are poetry.

“In time, the suffering of your people will persuade you to see our point of view.” — Nute Gunray

I don't understand how people could think like this. Rogue One was considerably better than TLJ or TFA

For the first 2/3 rogue one was unbelievably boring, awful script, terrible dialogue with shockingly bad acting. The end got a bit more interesting but that's only because it turned into a CGI fest Vietnam in space. People have been blinded by the last 1/3 into thinking it was a good movie. It was not

Literally how? R1 had a boring first half but those last 45 minutes were the most Star Wars thing we've had since 2005.

>But by and large, The Last Jedi’s examination of gender politics does fit into this trilogy’s message that the true heirs to the power in this universe are not white men like Hux and Kylo but women and people of color.

vanityfair.com/hollywood/2017/12/star-wars-last-jedi-laura-dern-admiral-holdo-listen-to-women

See, confirming what I said here

it would be funny if lucas somehow sabotaged the new ones but they shunned his influence right from the get go

either way i'm glad they're being hated because they are and were always going to be soulless crap... the backlash is much more fun to watch than the terrible movies

Like two thirds of TPM are good to great. It just has some really boring parts like Coruscant and Gungans. It also has the problem of being pretty much irrelevant in the big picture (kind of like TFA is becoming).

I always liked TPM desu.

youtube.com/watch?v=eYgc-kKhEnU

For me it was the other way around. The CGI fest at the last 1/3 of the movie felt boring. Dead ending was redeeming tho.
I might be to old for this.

Well age doesn't make terrible acting and awful dialogue any better. Your problem must be something else

That does not make it the worst Star Wars movie.

I never said it's kino. It's just better than all other moneygrabbing after OT.

I also have a big problem with episode II and III - I've seen them once and couldn't really remember anything relevant afterwards. I tried to watch them again, but just fell asleep every time.

the prequels were endearing and genuine space opera from a guy who had lost his touch but not his desire to entertain and tell a story.

Nu Soy Wars is capeshit in space designed by feminist committee

Stay soyty, flyboy.

POWER

He're my litmus test: did the movie have Sheev? Yes? Then it was better than TLJ. And all of the prequels had Sheev.

Are people joking when they say Attack of the Clones is better than any of the other movies? I thought it was pretty clear that the movie was completely terrible.

I like it more than the phantom menace

This

Shit has to be judged as a complete work. Sure tpm had shit scenes but as a whole it is better than this shit without a doubt.

Phantom Menace is better than Revenge of the Sith

Fite me

Of the 3 nu disney star wars movies rogue one is the best, and its not even very good. force awakens and last jedi are garbage

He will need a shovel, green screen and those background ninjas
it is possible

I had to watch with with family, you guys were right. Its disgusting.

maybe if youre under 10 years old, but revenge of the sith is the only prequel I could actually sit down and still watch

Oh fuck off. The Last Jedi is the first good Star Wars movie in 30 years.

Lots of pacing issues and plot holes, plus character inconsistencies between various points in their character arcs, keep it from being great. I'm pretty sure you can cut the entire Canto Bight arc from the film and it'd be not only better, but no more confusing for the omission.

But it's still a really good film. The music and visuals are great, probably because this is the first Star Wars by an actually skilled director since George replaced all the talented people who worked on the OT. The core emotional arc between Rey, Kylo, and Luke works really well and everyone involved gives great performances. The action is really fun when it counts, like the opening with Poe or Luke's short but sweet duel with Kylo, despite the pacing dragging a lot during the second act.

Overall, I rate 86/100 - better than anything *since* the OT, but weighed down by too many plot and pacing problems to be on the level of the originals.

This is the era of post - movies
You watch the garbage movies ao you can enjoy shitting on them with the bois

>The Last Jedi is the first good Star Wars movie in 30 years
WRONG

Rogue One is okay but no, its not better than Episode 1 no matter how much you want to deny that.

>DUDE MEMES LMAO
fuck off you underaged faggot. The prequels and nuquels are both shit and you know it

Jar Jar Binks

I'll take Jar-Jar over Imwe any day.

can they cgi carries fishers face so it doesnt look so cgi?

That's an original point of view for me. Jar Jar is completely in another league of being irritating.
I only wish they'd went full PC and showed some homo love between Imwe and his "friend". Just to see the outrage.

Every single person I know despises Finn if you want to go personal opinion poll on this. I can't stand Donnie Yen, I can't stand his character, the Rogues were an abortion and only the droid, Jyn, and Cassian were interesting or worth emotionally investing in and Cassian becomes a bland 2D dude while Jyn's character retroactively alters to being a generic Leia expy/bad-girl princess type in the final act of the movie.

I just left the cinema 6 hours ago and I don't get it (I had to get my soda refil during the last 5 minutes of the movie but that shouldn't matter)

can somebody give me a slow run-up of the plot and lore of this film? please no more than two sentences and 10 words total max.

youtube.com/watch?v=qzVBqBosf5w

>(I had to get my soda refil during the last 5 minutes of the movie but that shouldn't matter)

I'm unironically going to start memeing this

Hello my fellow 6-year-old

This is actually completely in line with how i see it. I wouldnt change a thing, weird.

And it still wasn't as shitty as the rest. The movie stood on its own. Not just as a next dose of a bad quality drug.

>The movie stood on its own.
No it doesn't. The movie is entirely skippable to any of the major sagas (PTs, OT, or STs), completely, it only seems that way because your looking through rose-tinted glasses and comparing it with TFA then and TLJ now. I liked parts of it too but lets not kid ourselves, its not a good movie. Average would be generous.

>Star Wars = Patrician

>The movie is entirely skippable to any of the major sagas
Yes, it works on it's own.
I'll give it a 6/10
TLJ 5,5/10 - for trying new stuff and failing
TFA 4,5 - for wasting my time mostly

The Mouse should at least try to coordinate its shills, this is just embarrasing.

You are blending in not very well.

i would put RO and Tartarovsky's Clone Wars above TPM

2 is my prequel favorite
very pulp sf imho
i like the clone makers planet and the arena fight with monsters

he just recently discovered Sup Forums and tries to fit in

i loved that part
Cdt Tumblr is cool imho

How anybody can actually think this is beyond me. I'd rank R1 as the fifth best Star Wars movie after V, IV, VI, and III.

Portman and Lloyd were kinda shit but Neeson, McGregor, Jackson and McDairmaid carried it.