This board has a neckbeard problem, and it tends to bring down the general discourse...

This board has a neckbeard problem, and it tends to bring down the general discourse. Nothing will satisfy an army of angry GamerGaters stewing in their own contempt and nihilism.

This film was FANTASTIC. I was so-so on TFA. It still held onto the past with too much reverence. It almost felt like fan fiction, like it was consciously aping Lucas's style and his point-of-view.

Let's face it... Star Wars needed a real overhaul. It needed to be brought into the 21st century. It isn't going to be this narrow, parochial little thing enjoyed by a few alienated white dudes and manchildren anymore. It's got to mean something new to a generation that's grown beyond the original vision.

The team at Disney (Kennedy, the Story Group, and others) have set up a bright, diverse, and exciting canvas for creators to paint on in the future. This film was about letting the past die, and I loved that element of it. It was exactly right.

So so so so glad to see I'm not alone in seeing its many great qualities. This is OUR Star Wars now. The Force doesn't belong to a few embittered neckbeards anymore. It belongs to the world. And that's fucking beautiful.

You even included reddit spacing. 10/10 bait, would bite again.

>Disney pays some shills to make these "OK DRUMPFYS, TLJ WAS GOOD AND YOU DIDNT GET IT"
>all day fucking long
>on CHRISTMAS
Well since you're probably a kike, Xmas means nothing. I just sincerely hope you don't >do it for free

I mean, you're right in that most people are Sup Forumstier neckbeards but that movie was shit.

Or maybe they're just trolling for answers like yours?

Serious question - besides the purple hair and lack of penis, did Holdo say/do anything vaguely SJW related?

Poor b8. Too long. Too many buzzwords. The subtlety of a chainsword.

FUCK DRUMPF TWO SCOOPS

was this the response to the prequels?

She is the stronk womyn incarnate.
Stupid, unskilled, hated, prolly a dyke or a virgin cunt, and condescending.
Literally an american 3rd wave feminist in space. She only lacked the special pronouns and having abortions.

>stop mansplaining me, Poe

Who the fuck was in charge of green lighting this?

This bait was so good I spent a whole 60 seconds googling for exact phrases to see which clickbait site it came from.

You should seriously apply to Huffpo, Jezebel, Buzzfeed, et al

Noice. I steal that one. But i will use it wisely.

He was mansplaining her though. He wouldn't have been saying half that shit had Leia been in charge.

>tumblr what'sherface
>leia

Quite a stretch desu.

>I don't have to listen to a commanding officer if I don't respect her
That's not how it works.

No.

>same stupid rehashed shilling point

Come up with new ideas shills.

>anyone disagrees with me
>just call them a shill so I can live in my own little bubble
Wew.

So
Reddit
It
Hurts

My Lesbian sister and her partner came over for christmas. They saw this film and without ever once going on Sup Forums described it as "killing star wars". Everyone hates this fucking shit you spazwit.

>This film was FANTASTIC
Guess where I stopped reading.

>what's the plan
>shut up flyboy, you got demoted

For once i'd like to go to a popular movie and just be completely blindsided about how good the movie is.
I have a dream that I reluctantly see a movie like star wars expecting to see the same stupid shit that I've seen a hundred times before.
>there's hope if you BELIEVE
>you are the chosen one
>we are forging our own path

Blade runner gave me that feeling just a little bit.

I hope before I die I'll be able to sit in a theater and see a movie and sit quietly and when the movie is over, thank the filmmaker for bringing me a wonderful delight of cinema.

Too bad it'll never happen

The damage control is so bad they sent Rian to Sup Forums personnell, eh?

>you'll never feel good again after seeing a movie

Feels bad man

oh wow ur lesbian sister, that proves it everyone.

I'll never understand why people are defending this character.

You agree the prequels suck I suppose. So take Plinketts point on Qui-Gon.

>introduced in one movie
>no character built up at all
>dies in scene that we're supposed to feel about

And that's why he was a shitty character.

This is exactly the same situation, just worse because that character had like a total of 15 minutes screentime and even less buildup. On top of less of a bound to any of the characters - with Qui Gon, we at least saw a couple of interactions with Obi-Wan, but here we saw like a dozen words interchanged between her and Leia. It makes absolutely no sense she was introduced in this movie instead of TFA. And it makes no sense she pulls an emotional heroic sacrifice, out of all people who could from a story point of view (Akbar, Leia in particular, but also Poe or the Asian chick).

There is two explanations why the fuck this character was written as incompetently as it was: a clear change of direction from TFA (and that's why it's an abysmal idea to change directors in the middle of a fucking trilogy) or some kind of agenda, most likely a self-insert of some sort. It's probably a mix of both, but we'll probably never know why this character was created and written the way it was.

>enjoyed by a few alienated white dudes and manchildren
you mean those same white dudes and manchildren to which the franchise owes all of its success?

>A $ 0.95 christmas bonus has been deposited into your account

FANTASTIC

Kill yourself. Not kidding.

>t. triggered drumpfkins

Why don't you refute the argument instead of crying m-m-m-muh shills you massive brainlet