ITT: Soyboy Horror

Why are good horror movies so fucking rare in this millennium?

I just finished watching "Trick 'r' Treat" - the last on my bucket list of "post 2000s horror movies recommended by Sup Forums".

It was a nice movie but it WASN'T HORROR. Maybe if you're an 8 year old it might be scary but even then, I doubt that. It didn't even have jump scares.

It had almost nothing of substance other than the usual propaganda - no white males allowed & muh stronk & empowered werewolf womyn who don't need no man.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SxQj0DumF8Y
youtube.com/watch?v=xR0z6khi824
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

why do irl things influence your opinion on a movie?

What a braindead question.

>No jumpscares
>Bad thing

>Hurrrrr durrrr but it was WELL MADE

I said it didn't EVEN have jumpscares.

Jumpscares are at least bad-horror tier.

This shit wasn't even trying to be bad-horror.

It was your average moralizing Jew Disney movie.

Butthurt soyboy.

>a non answer
must suck disliking things because it doesnt mimic the agendas and political opinions you hold

Funny how all the soyboys come out in force when called out.

can't stand that trash flick

>I said it didn't EVEN have jumpscares.
>
>Jumpscares are at least bad-horror tier.
>
>This shit wasn't even trying to be bad-horror.
>
>It was your average moralizing Jew Disney movie.

Disney just bought out 20th century Fox.

>Your face when you now realize that Disney will be in charge of the next Alien movie

FUCK DRUMPF

Whatever, Alien has been ruined to death already by the 20th century jews

#RESIST

Horror is quite literally the hardest genre of film to get right. There's so many possible ways to fuck it up and there's unfortunately the subjectivity of your audience you have to worry about. Therre's no good horror because everyone who attempts to make one is subject to intennse studio meddling. Audiences don't want horror, they want a roller coaster ride of emotions.

youtube.com/watch?v=SxQj0DumF8Y

Check out this channel on youtube. It actually has a few decent short films here and there.

>Maybe if you're an 8 year old it might be scary but even then, I doubt that. It didn't even have jump scares.

do you know how I can tell you're a pleb

I gotta admit I did fantasize about being a cool & handsome shota and driving my phimosis dick inside the cute retarded girl's manko.

Stop cherrypicking you autistic soyboy. >I said it didn't EVEN have jumpscares.
>
>Jumpscares are at least bad-horror tier.

>"chest bursters" are deemed too violent and gruesome
>alien now unzips your chest, and hops out wearing mickey mouse ears, and zips your chest back up and then you and the alien do a song and dance number together

Drumpfkins are still mad about TLJ being a massive success despite their downvoting

This movie was so bad I raged

I hate DRUMPF

And it's still gonna be a massive hit, bigot :-)

Hating jumpscares is the biggest sign you're a soyboy pussy.

I'd probably give a fuck if the last good Alien movie didn't come out 31 years ago.

My nigga

The idea that horror has to be 'scary' is a post-2000s invention, so I'm confused by your views here. Psycho, The Silence of the Lambs, Nosferatu, Alien, Carrie... none of these films are 'scary' to anyone but a little kid.

Horror movies are for girls and faggots. Give me ONE movie that frightened me past 14yo ? None.
Some surprised me with jump scares, some disgusted me with torture , but never a movie frightened me. The whole genre is a joke. Unless your are a little girl.

But user '97 was only 20 years ago.

Now that's a movie i'd enjoy

>The idea that horror has to be 'scary' is a post-2000s invention
Commit suicide.

>Give me ONE movie that frightened me past 14yo ?

Donald Trump's election movie

*mic=fucking dropped*

Destroyed

If you enjoy any horror post 2000 you literally have no taste

>post 2000s horror movies recommended by Sup Forums
kill yourself

Why are you talking about this on Christmas, cuck boy?

Southbound was enjoyable.

Pandorum, Timecrimes and Babadook were good movies that pretended to be horror movies.

Descent and Triangle were like the bad versions of Pandorum (former) and the other two (latter).

Infini was decent.

I've literally mistaken Sup Forums for Sup Forums.

Nothing better than watching a comfy horror movie on Christmas, soyboy cuckold who calls Alpha males (me) "cuck boy". Unfortunately, I'm all out of comfy so I actually watched this cringy halloween shit instead. Still, fapped to that retard girl.

It is a good movie and you are correct on all points. I found it really interesting mostly for the folklore aspect of it. A similar "horror" movie is "Decoys" Good movie, just not horror.

LOL

That's like the worst fever dream scene ever and you want to make a movie out of it?

I think all of Sup Forums can agree that the best horror movie ever was made after the year 2000 - Get Out, the BY FAR best horror movie according to critics.

>Trick 'r Treat
>Bad

Maybe you should ask r/eddit about this. That's probably more your scene.

get off Sup Forums you brainlet and go back to a shithole where your opinion has merrit

That and It Comes At Night.

Adorable

>Redditor telling me I should go to his neighborhood to ask about a Reddit-loved movie

How about no, cuck?

Jump scares are for teenage girls who like to scream in the theatres. Creeping horror, building tension, and practical gore effects are for the man of taste.

Adorkable :)

JUMPSCARES ARE FOR GETTING LAID

DRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRUMPF

/thread

True Chads understand

This guy gets it

That worked in the 1980s-1990s but now all women have their face stuck to a smartphone during the movie and never actually see the jump scares.

THIS

Krampus is perfect Soyboy.

>not being a total Chad and shamshing her Iphone

Krampus sounds like the sound my buttcheeks make when I'm about to unleash a really big fart

WHAT THE FUCK!

You better listen to this song boyo:
youtube.com/watch?v=xR0z6khi824

That sounds like pure kino, Disney would never be smart enough for that

wtf I hate grognard grumpf now?

*smokes weed*

You're never gonna see a good horror film again short of massive film industry upheaval. The majority of horror now is produced by the same two or three studios who hire """talent""" that is only capable of making horror films - directors and writers who can only incestuously recycle ideas they saw in other horror films, because all they're interested in is horror films. All the niche outlets for horror fans such as magazines and websites have actively encouraged this and championed this new breed of witless dilettantes.

John Carpenter made masterful horror films, but didn't just make horror films. He was interested in filmmaking in general terms. Stanley Kubrick made what may be the finest horror film of all time, but he also made everything from historical epics to sci-fi and black comedy. None of the new breed of horror filmmakers are in any way equipped to make anything other than horror films.

>soyboy
>trick r treat was bad it didn't have jumpscares
Is this bait? Or are you this much of a fucking pleb?

The only "movie" that's truly left me feeling uneasy or frightened is the mini documentary on YouTube about people who have gone missing in national forests. Fucking A some of the cases they talked about were truly horrifying.

No. That was actually funny to see the most pathetic and disgusting people in the world, the american useful idiots, oups left, go into complete meltdown when the satanic far right witch lost her rigged election.
A lot of fun. But it was only the beginning.
The leftist burgers do not realize they are like a comical reality show in other countries...

I liked Descent and Triangle more than Pandorum.

Post the documentary

>Trick 'r' Treat
>THE VVITCH
>Krampus
>Better watch out
All masterpieces. I feel sorry for you, brainlets.

>I've literally mistaken Sup Forums for Sup Forums.
you have to go back

How to spot someone born in the 2000s

None of this Babadook, Ouija, Annabelle, Paranormal Activity shit happened before the mid 2000s. The B and Exploitation movies of the previous decades were more about humor, disgust, and concepts than fear: Reanimator, Invasion of the Body Snatchers, Night of the Living Dead, Hellraiser, etc.

7/10
7.5/10
6.5/10
6.5/10

Masterpiece should be a word a big fucking lot less used by people.

I hate loud noises.

And you to reddit. We are tv now. Muahahahahaha
There is no such thing as an horror movie. Only faggots and girls wetting themselves on memes. But there are disgusting movies like hostel, which show you the director is a degenerate and should treated. True. But it doesnt make it scary.

>my contrarian opinions are fact
end your life on new years eve and stop embarrasing me, my man.

I hate to say it, but you're right. I've watched a few dozen now with an open mind, trying to be scared but they just don't have the advertised effect.

>None of this Babadook, Ouija, Annabelle, Paranormal Activity shit happened before the mid 2000s.
wrong, they just weren't that popular

Babadook, It Follows and Split all have jump scares and are good movies.

>not throwing the label of masterpiece like it's candy makes someone a contrarian
What a bizarro world

can we murder all the Sup Forums fucking idiots on this board please?

any post like OPs should lead to a fucking permaban.

why don't you stick to leni riefenstahl movies you fucking retard.

Now this is one triggered SJW!

sorry meant to post this one

>Give me ONE movie that frightened me past 14yo ? None.
Same and I still like horror movies.
I don't need to be scared to enjoy a film, I don't need to laugh out loudly to enjoy a comedy.

no i'm actually conservative and i even voted for trump.

i just can't stand you fucking retards that get triggered every time you see a black person in a movie or a tv show and blame the jews for the fact that girls don't want to fuck you.

>for me it's not a masterpiece, so please stop saying that word!

Epic for the win, my fellow Sup Forums comrade!! Fuck all these soyboys-cuck-sjws-lefties!!!

Yep. I sounded edgy. Didnt i ?
Well it was a mistake but fact is, the last time a movie scared me was when i was 13 and i looked under my bed for 3 days for the ugly foetus twin from crypt tales. Because it wzs so ugly and vicious that it sticked into my head. But after a week, it was gone. And it was the last moment a movie would frighten me. Although, i was terrified later by a media. Drunk, alone, in the dark but the screen, i played doom3 . And i got my share of anxiety. Completly in the game, it was axesome. Checking every corner, my ammo supply...awesome.

>horror movies don't need to be scary
The absolute state of this board, comedies don't need to be funny either am I a cool contrarian now?

>no i'm actually a PRINCIPLED conservative and i even voted for trump after Jeb's fallen out of the race, because of how principled I am
>but now I regret it because he refuses to start war with Russia and really let us down on Syria

Oh boy, someone needs his dose of soymilk. Quick!

If you're a grown adult no horror movie will be "scary" the best you can hope for is enjoyable atmosphere and tension.

How old are you? You can't understand if a movie is good unless you're scared or you laugh out loud? It's not being a contrarian, it's called being an adult

Masterpieces are supposed to be something very rare in the universe of the medium. Plebs shouting that his favorite good or very good films are it simply makes the term lose relevance.

>recommended by Sup Forums

Comedies aren't funny anymore so you got your wish.

The witch, it comes at night, ghost story, cabin in the woods, trick r treat are all reddit horror.
Shitty dramas or Le self aware garbage redditors pretend to like to be contrarian and whine about jumpscares
>I don't like jumpscares I'm so frigging superior
Embarrassing

t. brainlet

It can be good but it isn't horror

>Masterpieces are supposed to be something very rare in the universe of the medium
That's called THE VVITCH.

>the whole post
>frigging
Where the hell these people are coming from?

Not an argument. Only redditor reply with such shit
>le bait, le underage, le Dumb
All garbage reddit shitposting

>It comes at anight
>cabin in the woods
>trick r treat
they all have at least one jumpscare, you're a mongoloid, stop posting