Is this a feminist show? A friend of mine told me that it was after I started watching it and I can't really see it

Is this a feminist show? A friend of mine told me that it was after I started watching it and I can't really see it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ts5y7bJFPkY
youtube.com/watch?v=9W62wS7dYmk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Not particularly.

What you need to see is that you need to get better friends, Anonymous.

Thank God, no.

it has one quote about fighting the patriarchy but that's it

No
It is a shit show sure but for the time I stuck with it I never really noticed any sort of feminism either mild or sjw.

worse, it's SJW show

Nah, it's a western mahou shoujo show.

It has that one anti-patriarchy character though but her views were used as a joke.

Depends how you define 'feminist.' If you take that to mean supporting equality of the sexes, then sure.

Define feminist.

Jesus Christ, when did mankind gain the mentality of sheep? Why do people need to be told by their peers whether or not a show is good? Just watch it for yourselves and make the call yourself.

It's not. In fact the creator used to make jabs at SJWs on her blog. That was a while ago though, for all I know she drank the kool aid by now.

Feminist, meaning the boys act like dumbasses and it would spout "women can do this too~" for every plot.

If anything, Star vs. is more feminist than that, because it reflects what feminism really is, or should be. But, I know what you mean.

Girl can fight, guy can fight, both work as a team without fighting each other harshly.

There is a minor amount of bullshit but for the most part Marco is generally smarter and more competent than Star while she makes up for that by wielding phenomenal cosmic power.

>Guy can fight

Kek. Marcos just eye candy.

Are you implying it's bullshit when Star is shown to be more competent or what?

Oh no none of that then.

The motherfucker take alone a literal god with hes own dimension (Hekapoo) in only 16 years (8 min)
>survive alone
>travel various dimension
>get skilled in many fight forms
>get a kickass dragoncycle
>fuck Heckapoo
Damm user, Marco have dome more than Star in he entire life.
Plus, get the rights to laid Thicckapoo
Tha's some shit to respect
And still Star let cuck her like 5 times
Mar/co/ is ourguy

Thicckapoo is really not a good name, user.

Put a better name then faggot

Both leads are proficient in combat despite their gender (except Star has a magic wand and super strentgh because she's an alien, not because she's female) but Marco ends up being the butt of most jokes. But to balance things out, Marco is the most stable of the two of them, fucks up WAY less and is seen as a great party by a few girls. Star is pretty fucked in that regard.

>Star is a Princess, but she's a normal girl who likes dancing and getting dirty
>She would rather go out and have fun than be a prim and proper lady like is expected of a Princess, going to a school that strips away her individualism by forcing her to act like a lady is her worst nightmare
>her best friend is also a Princess, there are princesses all over the multiverse that are inspired by Princess Marco's revolution

It's shitty shallow feminism. Everyone is whatever kind of Disney Princess they want to be.

There is no real propaganda in it. The creator is apparently a feminist as she did art of the main character in a t-shirt that said feminist. But it isn't obvious from watching. The female character is shown being horny about boys which is unusual in a kid's cartoon, I guess you could call that feminist. She has flaws and faces the consequences of them. She is 'girly' but at the same time rebellious. It's just a good show with interesting, balanced characters basically.

I never fully understood how this kind of feminism is supposed to be empowering. Changing the stereotypes associated with princesses doesn't change the fact that being a princess is an unachievable goal.

Depends on what you mean by "feminist show" If the only qualification is "strong female lead" then yes. If you mean "pushes feminazi propaganda" then no.

She's written as a male character except with a vagina. She fucks up, she gets horny in the presence of attractive guys, she's the one with the crush on her best friend, etc. I find it exceptionally refreshing.

>strong female lead
she's a literal cuck, there's nothing empowering about her, she's a fucking clumsy dipshit that lost the guy she has a crush on to some whore

the only """feminist""" thing about this show is probably "look girls can be funny too and don't get everything they want"

No, by "minor amount of bullshit" I meant that the show sometimes has questionable morals. Like when Star freaked out that Marco didn't trust her obviously abusive ex-boyfriend who is literally a demon.

It showed the equality of genders. That the female protagonist can have as much drama as the male gender

>written as a male character
>gets horny in the presence of attractive guys

What shows have you been watching?

>she's a literal cuck
She is literally not, but definition, she was not going out with Marco and was not cheated on.

By "strong female lead" I meant a well written female character that's more than "the female one" "the love interest" or "the eye candy"

You do not need to be officially dating someone to be a cuck, the implied relationship is enough.

Plus, an important part of being a cuck is prepping your bull, which star does masterfully. And she would have enjoyed her guilty pleasure had her mom not called her back.

So yeah, she's a cuck.

Yes, it's feminazi propaganda.

Mewni:

>Ruled by Women
>Only Women can transform
>Only the girl heirs can use the wand
>Female Mewman are superior in every way to there male counterparts

>You do not need to be officially dating someone to be a cuck
Yes you do, it's the god fucking damn definition. Sup Forums has just warped the word into meaninglessness.

by Sup Forums definition, simply existing is being a cuck.

Star's not a cuck, she just decided not to pursue the relationship.

Its a harem anime masqueraded as a magical girl cartoon.

It's the only show that has an autistic female lead

Show me any female Mewman who can live after having her head cut off.

Probably more feminist in actions rather than your typical Feminist ® #Resistance type of feminist. I mean, the show treats Star as a person with capabilities and flaws, but in a natural sort of way. There's no "I'm such a strong female and no one respects how strong and perfect I am" sort of characters, and the flaws are treated as Star's personal flaws rather than problems with other people. Marco is an equal to Star and grounds Star's behavior in a way that benefits her. Star also pays for the consequences of her actions, so she's treated like a competent person rather than someone who needs to be protected from criticism. Also, the whole plot about maintaining individuality in the face of society that wants women to play one sort of role is pretty much a feminist plot.

If you believe that feminism is focused on equality, it makes a good argument that it's a feminist show. If you think feminism is just "Fuck Conservatives" and "Fuck Straight, White Males" or any other form of Tumblr feminism, I don't think it matches that description.

Well, this is an official promo poster for an episode so, take that a s you will.

No, you do not. Cuckoldry is simply NTR but the sufferer is actually into it. You just need a sense that a person belongs to you to have the feeling of being denied them, no formal relationship required.

You're surprised that royalty hangs out with other people who are royalty? Of course she's going to know other princesses and mostly associate with them.

Also, I never saw any episodes deluding people into thinking that they can all be princesses, like the Princess Diaries 2 did years before. There's more focus on being yourself rather than being a "princess".

cuck·old
ˈkəkəld,ˈkəkōld/
nounarchaic
noun: cuckold; plural noun: cuckolds

the husband of an adulteress, often regarded as an object of derision.

verb
verb: cuckold; 3rd person present: cuckolds; past tense: cuckolded; past participle: cuckolded; gerund or present participle: cuckolding

(of a man) make (another man) a cuckold by having a sexual relationship with his wife.
(of a man's wife) make (her husband) a cuckold.

The good shows, apparently

and a fanart is a reply?

Yes, the creator is an active feminist and goes to feminists marches. The lead is supposed to show girl power or whatever

Context can change the meaning of words. Welcome to 1st grade English.

>The lead is supposed to show girl power or whatever

Is that why she fucks up hard all the time and is shown to be a horrible person?

Yes, because that's typically how shows with male MCs work. Take any given cartoon and Sup Forums will be complaining about what a doofus the guy is.

So context can turn the definition of blue into loud? She's not a cuck, that was just a meme.

Nah it's just Sup Forums abusing the word so hard that every newfag is trying to change it into the new "fag" and buzzwording it into everything that's synonymous to "watching something that isn't yours".

Honestly it's rather tiring to see evrything be a "cuck" to 30% of the userbase. Even /h/ can have a better discussion of NTR than the memeposting in Star threads.

No.

She probably only though that because Star is a warrior princess, and not your traditional dainty princess.

yeah man, Star ain't a cuck, shes just deep into that friendzone.

The creator also said she hoped it would inspire more shows with "cool girls" as the protagonists.
>Implying that Star is "cool"

And those shows are meant to be funny, or invoke whatever emotion the genre is intended for. Only feminists think they're meant to be empowering.

Why do you care?

And yes, it is, in the sense that it doesn't espouse the ideas that women should be lesser and Star constantly goes on about how she's a strong independent etc.

It is not feminist in the sense of being a SJW fuckfest. I'm rather sure at least one writer is super SJW, because there are occasional throwaway lines like the Janna patriarchy thing, but on the whole the show is not like that. The only sin against writing SU commits is having an absolutely atrocious dogshit first season full of bland non-humour and unsatisfying resolutions.

Hypothetical scenario:
>Kid who loves video games wants to become good at sports
>The kid's parents start campaigns to get the best sports-playing kids into video games
>Now all the good sports-playing kids also play video games

The problem is solved... except for the fact it doesn't make the first kid good at sports.

That's the kind of thing I imagine when I hear about the reappropriating princess bullshit.

>I'm rather sure at least one writer is super SJW

Sabrina Cotugno (Arythusa)

It's worse than that, it's propoganda to try to get little white girls to like brown boys.

Both fuck up, but Star fucks up gigantically because she holds more power.. And seeing the last episode and the new opening, she fucked up her best friend's relationship as well after confessing to him in public with his girlfriend present.

So not really "feministic" in the modern sense of the work.

>Both fuck up, but Star fucks up gigantically because she holds more power.. And seeing the last episode and the new opening, she fucked up her best friend's relationship as well after confessing to him in public with his girlfriend present.

youtube.com/watch?v=ts5y7bJFPkY

Star fucks up, a lot, A LOT.

What makes you think being a princess is supposed to be a goal? It's just an interesting situation for the character to be in (being expected to be an heir some day, rebelling against that, being encouraged to date other royals like Tom, inheriting a royal wand, having interesting royal relatives like Eclipsa, political intrigue between kingdoms, background like Mewnipendence Day). If she was some random peasant they couldn't do these things with the story. There's a reason history books talk more about rulers like kings than random people, their lives have more impact.

The entire species is over powered, but the females are obviously superior to the males of the species.

>this thread

Bump

Marco is very competitive.

Sure, he's not leveling towns like star can, but he can take down fully grown monsters with just mall karate.

"Feminist" in the traditional "girls are people too" sense, not "girls are perfect and can do anything, don't hit on me silly boys."

Star fucks up a lot, in a lot of ways, and gets called out and punished badly for it. She wants to be a "strong independent warrior princess" but her stubbornness and immaturity in trying to handle things on her own just make things worse. She's learning, but she still has a lot of issues to address.
Marco is a huge dork just like Star, but he's also more level-headed and competent, and has been a lot more successful than Star in reaching his goals. Star usually ends up in the most trouble when she refuses his help or ignores his advice.

Also, the show doesn't treat being a princess as some kind of "female power fantasy." Yes, Mewni is ruled by the Queen, but that just means the Queen has to deal with all of the responsibilities of ruling her Kingdom.
Queen Moon had no time to be a mother to Star, and when asked told Star to her face that whether or not she's happy isn't important, as long as she's a good Queen.
Being the princess gave Star a do-anything magic Wand, but it is not a toy. The primary function of the Wand is as a weapon of mass destruction to keep the monster hordes away.
The Queen is both Mewni's ruler and its greatest defender on the battlefield. It is a job with tremendous, crushing responsibility. This is not a "perfect Disney princess" show, it consistently rips into that idea and the episode "Face the Music" is all about discrediting it entirely, both as an idea and a reality.
youtube.com/watch?v=9W62wS7dYmk

It's a true feminist show.

It promotes true equality.

season 3 is gonna straight up make him a DPS i bet

>Like when Star freaked out that Marco didn't trust her obviously abusive ex-boyfriend who is literally a demon.

She didn't freak out because Marco didn't trust him. She only decided to give him another chance. She was annoyed because she thought Marco was treating her like a baby who couldn't protect herself if Tom got out of line.

feminism is no longer about real equality
"true" feminism doesn't exist since the 80's

star vs the foe is not a feminist show, it promotes true equality but that's it

>Feminist
Top kek Marco is more competent and intelligent than Star like how men are more competent and intelligent than women in general.

The only feminist part is Mewni being a matriarchy but if the female creators wants a girl ruled land thats her whatever.

>like how men are more competent and intelligent than women in general