Why the people hate so much the Star Wars prequels?

Because they're smart enough to realize that the prequels are garbage films that only existed because Lucas wanted to sell action figures to ADHD pre-teens.
>muh political intrigue
>muh philosophy
>muh green screen wallpaper shots

/thread

Why can't you speak English?

Episode iii was unironicly the best Starwars

Because they had the potential to be great, but squandered it.

Porque vengo de Cuba carajo.

>hey guys i genocided the entire jedi order without anyone's consent and without warning because they're evil just trust me guys im totally honest and not tyrannical and evil in any way ok now we an empire hahahahahah
The real world equivalent of this would be if the US decided to nuke the UK without warning one day and then tell the rest of the western world, "hey guys the UK is evil so we genocided them willy nilly just trust us oh and now we're going to take over the world and theres nothing you can do about it trust us ahahahhaahahah"
And then the entire western world goes along with it.

Ok the prequels have a lot of stupid plot holes but also the originals movies( like the Ewoks scene) but nobody calls the atention on that.

everyone shits on the ewoks. they were a sign of what was to come with the prequels.

Indeed.
The ewoks were Lucas' contribution to RotJ.
He's no auteur. He's always been in the business of Disney-ifying his own franchise to make extra shekels.

because they were fucking garbage. inb4 'hurr redlettermedia'. shut the fuck up, i've known they were shit before youtube existed.

°because nostalgia. I had never seen star wars movies before TFA and my buddy convinced me its some epic space journey and I gave it a go.. starting from prequels and desu they were just better and more interesting, once normal star wars started it felt like a downgrade. TFA was the worst tho.. recycled same old shit from previous movies and not in a good way. Super disappointed by the whole thing.

Thanks to Disney, not anymore.

So. The prequels at the end are complete garbage or it just can not match its predecesors.?

>Why the people hate so much the Star Wars prequels

POR QUE?

What the fuck was wrong with Ewoks? People are always bitching about them. Return of the Jedi was great and it had a powerful ending when Vader became good.

>shitty CGI
>shitty acting
>shitty dialogue
>too long
>too many characters
>too many places
>pointless before third
>pg-13 teen drama

>so unrealistic
>in all of mankind's history a real or staged coup has never been used to acquire/solidify power

Lmao

That's the best part.

they are soyboys

I'll honestly take any of the prequels over this shit that jew jew abrahams made.

the only good shit to come out of the prequels were the red letter media reviews, and they perfectly answer your question

This post doesn't make any sense. ADHD pre-teens does not go hand in hand with "Political Intrigue" "Philosophy" or "Green Screen Wallspaper Shots".

ADHD pre-teens won't appreciate any of that.

>A goofy triba species winning to the most advance empire that the universe has ever known only with rocks and sticks.
I dont know. What could be wrong with that?

But they are assholes who dont have time for books, novels and other forms of literature..

I guess education isn't the forte of you're country then. You shoud have swimmed to America with the rest of us.

If you still believed the Jedi Order were the good guys by EP III then you weren't paying attention in the previous two episodes.

>What is the American revolution?
>What is Vietnam?
Also, they are physically stronger than humans so if they get a hold of you then you're finished. I thought it was pretty funny and always found it enjoyable.

>You shoud have swimmed to America with the rest of us.
Oh trust me i really want to do that.

the virgin complaints

>They are physically stronger than humans
What about giant robots and Starship?
>What is the American revolution?
Is the most great thing that never happen on the earth at least that is what my history book say.

Oh, so they aren't good guys now?
Lucas was actually trying to insert post-modern moral relativism into his movies?
Gee whiz, thanks for telling me. If only I had the same level of stunning insight that you do, you precocious auteur you.

>they aren't
weren't

Yoda admits in OT the Jedi Order was wrong. Which is something Luke also realized which is why he rejected Yoda's teaching and fucked off. He forged his own Jedi path and perfected what all jedis before him could not.

What

I don't think you understand the point.
His point is that real-life coups and power grabs don't usually happen so seamlessly without any resistance or doubt. There should have been huge uproar over that retarded speech scene and yet nothing happens. Everyone just applauds at the fact that the oldest and most respected order of galactic warrior monks just got wiped out overnight without any announcement.
Yes, I know the Rebel Alliance was a thing later on, but how come we didn't see inklings of the Rebel Alliance's origins during Episode 3?
There should have large chunks of the galaxy and senate outright saying,
>"Hey, Palpatine you are full of shit. Fuck off, we're rebelling now."

Yeah, the old Jedi in the Republic were more neutral and purely logical. Which is more accurate to how the force actually works.

AND AND AND AND THEN THE GOOD GUYS MEET THE TEDDY BEARS AND AND AND THEN THE TEDDY BEARS ARE GRUMPY AND AND AND THEY LIKE LEIA AND AND AND THEY LIKE C3PO AND AND AND THEN THEY LIKE THE GOOD GUYS AND AND AND THEN THEY HELP FIGHT THE BAD GUYS AND AND AND THEN ONE OF EM TAKES A SPACE BIKE AND AND AND THEN THEY THROW ROCKS AND STICKS AT THE BAD GUYS AND AND AND THEN THE BAD GUYS GIVE UP AND AND AND THEN THE TEDDY BEARS WIN.

Yeah, whatever fag

Stay mad capecuck

Blow me

It does because anyone with any attention span would immediately notice how awful those things are, but ADHD pre-teens think it's "world building"

Do you not know anything about ADHD? Dude you're clinically wrong.

But what if I love grumpy teddy bears?

No. Most citizens don't really know more about the Jedi than 'inquisitor-police guys with weird powers and laser swords', therefore blaming them would not be that shocking. And if you need a real-world equivalent of a coup giving a ruling figure more power and authority, even from the people itself, try googling 'Erdogan, Turkey'.

>Go along with it
You act like they have a choice. Palpatine removed the only opposition he needed to worry about. He had an army of super soldiers

>Clinically wrong
>One of the symptoms is inattention
>Prequels are full of worthless exposition and half baked politics that INATTENTIVE kids would overlook because they get to see flashlight laser swords go whrrrrrrrrrmpk

>"ADHD patients love dull exposition because they blocked it out"
Are you fucking retarded?

>Jedi weren't there good guys
How do you figure?

Padme: this is how democracy dies
Organa: helps obi wan and Yoda
A group of senators form the rebellion

watch all episodes I-II-III with the notion they are evil

I'm not giving you a fucking essay about all the shit qui gon, yoda, mace windu, Anakin, and obi wan did all through over 6 hours of cinematography.

be real, and do your own homework

I dunno, you can't read anything I'm posting, so I'm wondering if you are.
>They love it
>Not they zone out until next laser sword flipping contest
>Not they fucking wave around their cereal light saber spoons and yell
>Not they take out a super bright handheld game and play it in the theater
>Not they scream at their siblings/parent that they have to take a dump
>Not they throw popcorn around like turbospergs

For me there are three problems :

-The CGI is incredibad. I don't know how a legend like Lucas, a multi-billionaire studio and a professional team can not see these shits.

-The acting, i don't know how is it possible to be so bad (SkyWalker, the princess, darth Sidious, etc.)

-The story is full of plot hole and is absolutly not connected with episodes 4-5-6.

The prequel has his moment, but it's globally bad.

fuck off we're full. Fix your own shitty country instead of jumping ship

Again, are you fucking retarded? ADHD don't block out dull exposition you uneducated idiot. They get anxiety and get angry.

His whole conjecture is irrelevant anyways.
Even if Yoda had doubts about the Jedi order in the OT, how does that in any way justify the entire genocide of the Jedi Order in the prequels from a narrative lens?

>hey you remember when yoda said some bad things about the order?
>see guys it makes sense for them to be wiped out because its like pottery

Who gives a shit?

I've watched those movies dozens of time. The Jedi aren't perfect but to insist they aren't good guys makes me question your moral compass and ability to reason

>makes me question your moral compass
Boo hoo

go back to Pleddit, kid.

Your post is worthless.
>hurr durr so what if they were wrong that doesn't justify killing duh :b killing is wrong!! ;DDD
fucking twelve year olds...

This but somehow some people think it's justified because the Jedi weren't perfect. I doubt they apply that same level of scrutiny to everyone else

Everytime I see you lucas apologists try to """debate""" with people who take issue with your movies, you always deflect to this total non-argument.
I'm convinced that being an abject retard is a prerequisite to actually like the prequels at this point.

None of your replies are arguments. A statement isn't a valid argument just cus

Anyone who likes the prequels doesn't understand what the essence of Star Wars is about.

Star Wars is about a ragtag group of rebels fighting against a fascist empire, against all odds. Outnumbered, outgunned, outpriced, and still win. That's what makes it so amazing.

The prequels had some politics shit that nobody understood and the main characters were all part of a government that was doing the oppressing. They weren't the underdogs. TFA fixed the sins of the prequels by bringing Star Wars back to its roots.

I have to honestly ask if you're able to understand English at this point, but I think you've already proven you do not. Have a good day, you retarded, illiterate faggot.

Lucas wanted wookies

He's the ADHD kid who watched the prequels for
'dude lmao litesabur battles' when he was 13 and now has to defend them 24/7 because he spent over $5000 on action figures.

Jar Jar got annoying when i got older, mauls death was really bad like obvious dummy falling down, story wise it was fine since it was introducing kid anakin.

Clones all that flirting and lovey dovey stuff was cringe and the cgi on a lot of parts were bad, prob my least fave SW.

Sith few lil nit picks but nothing major, not great but a good watch.

all you're going to get is run of the mill Plinkett review responses that say the same wrong things about cinematography and creative ideas that are perfectly fine, they go on and on and on about stupid mundane bullshit that no one who enjoyed the movie noticed except autists looking for flaws did such as green screens while ignoring the plethora of puppets and practical effects also used

Star wars is about lightsabers, space ships, aliums, and unique planets. You don't understand Star wars. There's hundreds of movies about ragtag groups taking on the big bad.

I think you need to go back and re-read the reply chain. I don't dislike the prequels. And your posts are barely arguments either. It's just ad hom

>oh no people notice flaws
>better ridicule them and act like an arrogant cunt about it
>gimme gimme gimme more green screen bullshit
>dude lmao turn off your brain
Shoot yourself in the face.

>Complains about user for just being arrogant and just ridiculing
>Proceeds to do the same

>The real world equivalent of this would be if the FBI decided to storm the White House without any backing from the Senate and fail in a political assassination of America's highest executive official, leading to an immediate purge of the world's most powerful policing agency and the executive then says "hey nobody liked these guys anymore anyway, we have all been making jokes about their corruption for the last decade isn't it high time we end this coup once and for all and make america great again?"

Fixed

Maybe qui-gon jin gave em aids.

they all were made to create toys

Say what you want about the prequels, Palpatine was on point

>Jedi
>Good

Fucking winter break

Show, don't tell.
There was no evidence in the prequels that the Jedi were these morally dark-grey anti-villain/anti-heroes that needed to get sorted out by a fucking Sith lord.
You fucks are REALLY reaching now to justify the retarded plot and story of the prequels.

Yes and then a majority of the Senate applauding because they already favored him while the Democrats cry about Trump's tyranny. The GOP then calls the criticism fake news.

But a key difference is the war time powers granted to sheev and that the country is rallied around him and used to the craziness of war and willing to go along out of fear of enemies of the republic.

There's nothing retarded about it. Both you and that user are wrong. The audience knows the Jedi aren't bad, the audience is supposed to feel bad because these good guy guardians of the republic are manipulated and destroyed under false pretenses. The Jedi weren't perfect but they were far from bad.

Can you actually learn to follow the thread?
There are people here who are trying to retcon and push this meme that the Jedi were actually evil (with no evidence) and that Palpatine may have been semi-justified in wiping them out.
They are saying this because they think it makes the whole Jedi genocide more plausible and clever from a narrative standpoint, which is in of itself completely retarded.

It's pure mental gymnastics from prequel apologists.

I'm one of the people in that argument silly. the prequels are fine but not because the Jedi were the bad guys. The audience is supposed to know this while the senators who really around sheev aren't privvy to what the audience knows

People loved The Phantom Menace when it first came out, but then the bad acting from Hayden and plot holes everywhere came along in Attack of The Clones and the fandom felt betrayed after two decades of waiting for closure.

Because of the failures in Attack of The Clones, some of the most vital storytelling points in RoTS failed to deliver.

The backlash wouldn't have been such a big deal if people weren't anticipating these movies for nearly twenty years.

In retrospect, there aren't too many things that aren't forgivable.

We still have a lot of good content out of those films.

Why them not watch toku like real the patricians?

It offered a different kind of magic than the OT, which is why it resonated so much with the younger audiences, but not so much with people that wanted rehashed concepts of the original trilogy. You can see that with the whole midichlorians debate, adults hate it because "muh Force religion", but younger audiences simply moved on and focused on what it did best: worldbuilding. Haters usually will also talk about the bad CGI, as if the old alien puppets and costumes were timeless and flawless (pic related), and the "cardboard characters" of the prequels, as if the original trilogy cast, aside from Leia, was so complex.

It subverted expectations, much like the recent TLJ did, but without crashing and burning the universe while at it, unlike TLJ. On the contrary, it greatly expanded the Star Wars universe. You may dislike the movies, but I guarantee you had fun with some of the Expanded Universe stuff it spawned, be it games, cartoons, books, comics etc. We wouldn't have KotOR, Pod Racer, Force Unleashed and many other cool games without it.

Oops, forgot pic related. While the Mos Eisley cantina scene is cool in concept and was executed very well (amazing song playing in the background, cool interactions inside the bar etc), the costumes are Power Rangers tier and aged like milk much like the early CGI. Blind prequels haters will say they're perfect, though.

episode 1-3 had the best fights
roast me gentle please

>The CGI is incredibad. I don't know how a legend like Lucas, a multi-billionaire studio and a professional team can not see these shits.
The CGI was fucking incredible at the time, and in many cases is on-par with the shit they give us today. TLJ in particular had some dreadful CG. Lucas's prequels fucking revolutionized special effects, and the use of CGI is only so prevalent and possible because of them.

Even the New York Times review said it was a great movie if it weren't for the massive hype surrounding it.

Oh fuck off. The Last Jedi is the first good Star Wars movie in 30 years.

Lots of pacing issues and plot holes, plus character inconsistencies between various points in their character arcs, keep it from being great. I'm pretty sure you can cut the entire Canto Bight arc from the film and it'd be not only better, but no more confusing for the omission.

But it's still a really good film. The music and visuals are great, probably because this is the first Star Wars by an actually skilled director since George replaced all the talented people who worked on the OT. The core emotional arc between Rey, Kylo, and Luke works really well and everyone involved gives great performances. The action is really fun when it counts, like the opening with Poe or Luke's short but sweet duel with Kylo, despite the pacing dragging a lot during the second act.

Overall, I rate 86/100 - better than anything *since* the OT, but weighed down by too many plot and pacing problems to be on the level of the originals.

I was talking about the Phantom Menace, bub.

The noooooooooooooooooo scene was patrician and if you didn't get it then you're a pleb.

Anakin loses everything. The character lives his entire life in this illusion that he will be the greatest Jedi Knight who ever lived with royalty for a wife and cozy family. When that illusion is threatened, he goes completely mental.

Anakin has a moment of complete powerlessness. He feels hopeless, denied, and stripped of everything that was meant to be his perfect life. The woman he loved his dead, presumably their children are gone, and the galaxy has fallen into darkness beyond saving.

Anakin turns to the Sith as an emotional being ruled by passion and illusions of grandeur, but the moment he loses all hope, he becomes the nihilistic menace from the OT. The moment he breaks down in despair was essential, and George Lucas realized that the story could not move forward without it.

No, the equivalent would be if the Catholic Church launched a coup against the Italian Prime Minister, claming that he is a Muslim.

There are two different kinds of ADHD. The hyperactive and the inattentive. The term ADHD is now used to describe both ADD and ADHD. ADHD people are the ones you are describing. People with ADD are just ditsy.

Hmm there seems to get a gigantic contradiction In this post...

Unironically the only accomplishment of nu star wars is making the prequels decent