OHHHH, THATS WHY

Reddit explains why Star Wars isn't going over so well

Other urls found in this thread:

boxofficemojo.com/weekend/chart/?view=&yr=2006&wknd=51&p=.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Go back

>not because it sucks

Not trying to shill but they're not wrong

It doesn't account for the entire drop of course, just a fraction, but it's certainly a factor

Yeah they are right, drop would have been a very bad 65% instead of a terrible 68%

There is no excuse for the Friday and Saturday numbers, both were terrible

anyone who enjoyed TLJ even the tiniest little bit should kill themselves.

I'm not even fucking joking.

This would work if TFA literally didn't come out in recent history

fpbp

I agree. Unfortunately my 5 closest friends would have to kill themselves.

>yeah it's all christmas's fault!
>even though the box office was smaller this time around
>even though the monday drop was greater
>even though this thing has been losing money since before christmas
>even though the audience has been shitting all over the movie
>but yeah it's that dastardly christmas
>that holiday that showed up out of nowhere and that disney couldn't just plan around by maybe releasing december 1st
>damn you christmas you ruined star wars REEEE

fpbp

Such is life I suppose

Are people who shill unwittingly for big franchises without even getting paid, suffering from some form of mental incapacity?
Why would they do this?

t. brainlet
pleb status: filtered

They like something and make it part of their identity. Just look at Sup Forums. Shit on a console or series there and the fanboys will take it personally.

Damage control
boxofficemojo.com/weekend/chart/?view=&yr=2006&wknd=51&p=.htm

Oh fuck off. The Last Jedi is the first good Star Wars movie in 30 years.

Lots of pacing issues and plot holes, plus character inconsistencies between various points in their character arcs, keep it from being great. I'm pretty sure you can cut the entire Canto Bight arc from the film and it'd be not only better, but no more confusing for the omission.

But it's still a really good film. The music and visuals are great, probably because this is the first Star Wars by an actually skilled director since George replaced all the talented people who worked on the OT. The core emotional arc between Rey, Kylo, and Luke works really well and everyone involved gives great performances. The action is really fun when it counts, like the opening with Poe or Luke's short but sweet duel with Kylo, despite the pacing dragging a lot during the second act.

Overall, I rate 86/100 - better than anything *since* the OT, but weighed down by too many plot and pacing problems to be on the level of the originals.

Yeah. because who would want to see a movie during their Christmas holidays? It's not like people would be flooding the malls where these theaters usually are, and might want a break from all their holiday shopping.

>giving a movie with that many issues an 86/100

I don't think you know how ratings work. The movie was a 6/10 MAX

Anyone who went to watch TLJ should kill themselves.

I can slightly forgive paying to watch TFA. But anyone who thought that TLJ would be a good waste of 2 hours of their life deserves a bullet through the head. I'm never watching that turd.

*inhales*

>imagine spending time making excuses for a company you don't even get paid for

Literally this
It's the BvS of Star Wars
Clusterfuck of nothing

What if he's right, OP?

What if the numbers pick up next week?

What then?

You fucking hater.

>What if he's right, OP?
>What if the numbers pick up next week?
>What then?
He'll have his anonymous post screencapped and be made fun of forever. Terrifying.

Revenge of the Sith is better, hell the fucking Clone Wars animated movie was better. bait/10 made me respond

OP here, how do I delete a post?

Just quote said post and write DELETE THIS

>I can slightly forgive paying to watch TFA
i can't. knowing what jew jew did to star trek and his statement about "white people" indicated tfa would be garbage

BvS in terms of box office numbers and doing irreversible damage to next installment. Comparing it to BvS visually and artistically is an insult to BvS.

Why is it so hard for people to accept that TLJ wasn't good?

Because it's muh star wars! it's not allowed to be bad!
That is, unless it was made by George Lucas and isn't the original distribution of Star Wars and its two sequels, in which case it is LITERALLY the worst movie ever made, and Disney are Gods for saving us from the absolute trainwreck that was the - I can't believe I even have to say what they're called but, ugh, here we go - prequels.

But the friday to friday drop was even bigger, about 76% and no sunday here to factor in. That's just Disney shill damage control as seen on Sup Forums every day

BOY

This shit. Holy fuck just on Twitter when I see it trending I noticed if ANYONE bad mouths it they are immediately labeled "Fake fans," or Trolls or some shit. You have to be suckling at the teet like Luke was and like it or you ain't a real fan of Star Wars.

They're wrong. The weekday numbers have been abysmal too, people are comparing it to BvS but this shit has been actually dropping more than BvS all week. This is a disaster and the best part is that everybody knows that Disney buys reviews and has bloggers shilling for them

Or Rogue One, and both were released during December.

Next thing you know, news sites will start blaming Jesus for the box office drops of TLJ.