Playing Breath of the Wild has really made me want a modern day Zelda cartoon...

Playing Breath of the Wild has really made me want a modern day Zelda cartoon. He's got a lot of snarky dialogue that reminds me of the original.

If you were in charge of a Zelda cartoon, would you make him talk? Would you make him sarcastic like the original?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=x_CtKEjoMfI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

youtube.com/watch?v=x_CtKEjoMfI

I'd make him talk. Link has never been mute and it's a dumb meme. I dunno about snarky, but I guess every once in a while he'd get a sarcastic line.

this is so good

I wonder what the creator's up to nowdays

I would, but in less of a douchey way. More of the ironic humor; deadpan snarker.

this

also a more fitting voice

As of BotW, it's canon that he's the strong silent type, whether he's mute or not. It's not clear if Zelda actually hears him speak or otherwise communities, but that's not the important thing: in 99% of situations, Link refuses to talk.

Also >not wanting an action BotW cartoon with focuses on combat, exploration, and the scenic nature of Link's journey a la Samurai Jack, with most episodes being a quiet combination of Link travelling and hunting alongside explosive action scenes

Except after he wakes up from the chamber he'll talk to just about everyone he comes across, so that's a moot point.

Actually most characters say things like "I can tell by that look on your face..." and you see him nodding and otherwise physically communicating without talking much.

That doesn't mean he's mute though.

You people who hang to the idea that Link in any incarnation is actually mute have severe issues.

Except you can literally choose what you say to people. There's no way every dialogue option can be conveyed by a face, one we never actually see.

Besides, the strong silent type thing was when Link got his job as Zelda's personal bodyguard, it's so he's constantly serious and vigilant.

>with most episodes being a quiet combination of Link travelling and hunting
sounds boring as fuck
>alongside explosive action scenes
That would get really old fast

If we got a new Zelda cartoon it'd be focused on continuity and having le epic plot instead of being fun and memorable like LoZAM

>Also >not wanting an action BotW cartoon with focuses on combat, exploration, and the scenic nature of Link's journey a la Samurai Jack, with most episodes being a quiet combination of Link travelling and hunting alongside explosive action scenes
that sounds like a video game that you can't play

Will it have the crossdressing?

No, user. That part of the game was problematic!

But LoZAM was unironically bad. Also, nice "le x" meme.

>problematic to be secure enough in your identity to have no problem dressing like a girl, tricking beta males out of their multiple pairs of boots

But would Link and Zelda kiss?

>Hating on LoZAM
user there's no need to oust yourself as a faggot so quickly

The dialogue prompts are cheeky as fuck in BotW. I wouldn't mind if Link only talked when answering those. Sort of like how Mario is mostly heard speaking short phrases.

I think he's cheeky because he had his memory wiped. What we're seeing during gameplay is basically the "real" Link without the pressure of being a royal bodyguard.

Sorry if you have shit taste.

I'd have him talk, but mostly he'd be quiet and react to the weirdness around him, like Samurai Jack.

>Samurai Jack

How fucking original. Why do you guys crop up any time we talk about a Zelda cartoon?

I bet you think SATAM is better than AoStH too don't you faggot

Literally just Samurai Jack.

Gotta love that bait.

>He actually does think that
Holy fuck you're garbage