Who was in the wrong here?

Who was in the wrong here?

No one. It's just the tragic story of a man who worked for everything he has breaking under the pressure when he met someone who lucked into success.

The high voltage wires. They shouldn't have been exposing themselves, the sluts.

Frank.
Because the truth of the world is that most often your superiors and seniors in the work place aren't going to be as hard working or even necessarily as qualified as you. The nature of information and training means you'll likely have the edge there as the newbie. But they have the network and they know how to play the game, and rather than throw shade on that you should be smart enough to make use of it rather than throw a tantrum like a holier than thou child.

Marge, for not changing the channel.

Grimes. Homer was a dick at first but once he realized he fucked up he sincerly tried to make things up to Grimes. This isn't to say Frank should have become his friend or anything but he should have just moved on with his life instead of getting so fucking up in arms over Homer getting an easy ride to the point of trying to publically humiliate him.

Mr. Burns, for ignoring Frank's concerns, hiring someone as utterly incompetent as Homer, and letting the nuclear plant be so ridiculously unsafe.

Yup. Homer went out of his way to make amends, and had Grimes accepted that, the old Homer good luck would probably have rubbed off of him and he'd have become much more successful at the plant. Even the "fancy house with lobster" bit CAN be understandably frustrating to Grimes, Homer was not doing it to show off but simply trying his best to accommodate Homer.

Grimes should've accepted it and become at the very least professional with him at work, settle in, and get ahead just because he'd show a modicum of hard work.

>Homer was a dick at first
Was he even though? The first things he does is stuff like "hey here's some life hacks so you don't have to work as hard" and grimes goes "WELL ACTUALLY THEY DON'T PAY YOU TO SLACK OFF".

Even if you agree with Grimes in spirit you don't say that shit to the guy higher than you on the totem pole unless you want to insure you'll never make it up the ladder.

Never a good reason to sperg out.

Grimes

IRL you have to learn how to deal with people you hate productively. Spazzing doesn't help anything

In terms of him dying? Grimes. He threw a hissy fit because he was jealous of Homer's success and did something that even Homer would be smart enough to avoid by deliberately grabbing the wires. Dude's negativity is understandable, but he brought it on himself.

Well he was also taking his shit then when Frank saved him he stupidly sold him out to the boss

Grimes 100%.

I've met lucky idiots before (who hasn't?) and my response to them wasn't to go and fucking kill myself.

This. If I were the new guys in a company and one of the older employees came in not to ask me to bring everyone coffee, but to give me a few tips about how to get around the office I'd be fucking grateful.

Literally everyone

Homer acknowledged his faults and tried to make amends. Grimes just continued insulting him and failed to see his own shortcomings and it drove him insane. Grimes put himself on a self-pitying pedestal

He is. He has no connections and thinks hard work alone will make him successful.

Grimes

Homer didn't seem mean spirited in this episode.
He's just stupid, and blunt.

I feel like we've all analyzed this episode a million times and we came up with all manner of scenarios and meanings, ranging from "Frank is a real person thrown in the cartoony universe of Simpsons and couldn't handle the absurdity of it all" to "Frank needs to stop being a whiny bitch" and even "Homer is a sociopath cunt in this ep".

Maybe the message of this episode is that shit just happens?
People will leave you, you'll stay at your shitty job living in a shitty apartment while people that are far less intelligent than you get to live the high life because they're more social, or simply more lucky.
And you can seethe in rage and make pepe comics about massacring normies or you can just make the best of your situation and try to move on with your life.

I feel like this is an especially relevant episode for today's youth, but i'm not entirely sure how the message should be approached.

Grimes for spilling his fucking spaghetti, plenty of lucky morons out there. Think a ton of people would be dead if they sperged out every time they met one.

>"Frank is a real person thrown in the cartoony universe of Simpsons and couldn't handle the absurdity of it all"
I thought the writers explicitly said this was the case

True

>It's a Sup Forums defends the fat lazy slob episode

Why am I not surprised

All i can find is them saying something along the lines of "Frank is someone with a very strict work ethic forced to work with someone like Homer".
No specification of Frank being the "out of world real person" type of character.

Homer being a slob isn't a reason to kill yourself, buddy

Besides that doesn't even make sense.
There's tons of people like Frank on Sup Forums, people that are lonely, miserable, and bitter towards everyone more fortunate than them.

Frank is the majority here, not Homer.
Home is dumb, fat and lazy but he also has a loving family, a devoted wife, and has had tons of meaningful life experiences, all things most people on Sup Forums can't relate to.

Frank Grimes also has a hard work ethic and aspires to become the best even if the universe cannot let him. Neither is a complete reflection.

Homer was honestly even more considerate towards Grimes than he did with most people. He failed at it because he's a idiot but he at least tried to show he was trying. Grimes felt he had a shitty life and anyone who had a better life than him he resented. It's just Homer was the ultimate lucky fucker and that kind of just broke Grimes. Grimes honestly just needed a friend to just drink a beer with and relax but he was so wound up him breaking was bound to happen.

>Sup Forums is the combination of both's overall negative qualities

huh