How do you go from this

How do you go from this...

Other urls found in this thread:

comicbookroundup.com/comic-books/reviews/marvel-comics/amazing-spider-man-(2015)/1.3
comicbookroundup.com/comic-books/reviews/marvel-comics/amazing-spider-man-(2015)/1.4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

to fucking your bitch mother? ask her faggot lol.

To this???

hasn't spider-man literally met god

He sold his daughter's soul to Satan. He's basically thinking "maybe if I ignore this problem, it will go away".

but peter's jewish he don't believe in god is more accurate

holy shit, stupid ass OP BTFO.

kill yourself fucking retard.

>but peter's jewish

DELET THIS

Yes which and also Mephisto which is why that comic makes no fucking sense. Did no editor catch that? Oh wait, don't answer that. And why is it that writers suddenly automatically assume every fucking scientist is anti-magic or anti-religion in a world where there's magic and deities?

I mean I went and read that one guy's Fantastic Four Greatest American Novel site and he brought up a time where the major part of a story is Reed deciding to study magic briefly to save Johnny. Waid's take is that Reed doesn't believe in magic at all and that he is somehow unable to read a grimore. But on the other hand he and the other FF meet God who turns out to be Jack Kirby. But then Fraction's Reed doesn't believe in God at all!

jews dont believe in god? How did you come to this conclusion about the oldest abrahamic religion?

there's something terribly wrong with his ribcage and abs

No he's not

The majority of Jews identify as atheists.

Is this is edit? Spider-Man is going turbo-neckbeard here.

How do you go from this...

Peter could be being bitter that his choices are what got him here. God warned him and advice him to let Aunt May go, instead he did the irresponsible thing and made a deal with the devil and we been living in the Mephistoverse ever since.

iF YOU LOVE gOD SO MUCH WHY DONT YOU MARRY hIM???

DC and Marvel really sucks when it comes to religion. Norse, Greek/Roman myth, ect are all well known and interact with people on a daily bases. But somehow there's people that either A question if there are actual gods, or B have normal Christians around even when there's literal gods around them talking to people.

>The spider logo in the second panel

spider cuck : One More Day:
The decision to abruptly end Peter Parker and Mary Jane's marriage and the events of "One More Day" were heavily criticized upon the series' conclusion, although the artwork received praise.

Remember when Peter wasn't a manchild?

Is this the same story that retconned Uncle Ben to not dying until he got to the hospital, and then Peter looks up, sees a cross on the wall and curses Jesus?

Because it's shit.

>I'm only capable of thinking about God in terms of Christianity's "heavenly father" therefore the entire concept is stupid because obviously God isn't an old bearded white man.
What stunning logic...

Stats?

This cant be real.

did someone edit this because i cant tell

I'd say the presence of literal gods makes a stronger case for jesus and god existing to be honest. If Thors there you're just waiting for your specific god to show up and start fighting crime.

Didn't he literally make a deal with Not!Satan?

Yes. All because Quesada was a little bitch who got jealous of a fucking made up character for having a happier marriage than him.

Do you think the next time 616 Peter dies he's going to go to Hell for what happened in One More Day?

Oh, but it is.

Y'know Peter Parker, who blames himself for not stopping the criminal that shot his Uncle? Teaching him the powerful lesson that with great power there must also come great responsibility? The entire thing the character revolves around?

Cuz it's God's fault now.

It is. Same writer. You'd think an editor would catch these things.

Wait if this is when Ben died, why isn't Peter wearing glasses at this time? Is this entire storyarc another universe or something?

Man looking at the Comicbookroundup reviews the reception toward this Spider-Man arc wasn't good.

comicbookroundup.com/comic-books/reviews/marvel-comics/amazing-spider-man-(2015)/1.3
comicbookroundup.com/comic-books/reviews/marvel-comics/amazing-spider-man-(2015)/1.4

>face it tiger, you just hit the jackpot!
never fails to trigger me

To this???

>They drew uncle Ben with the cartoony X eyes

Holy shit! HAHAHA

Guess that's true. Just feel weird when literal gods are all around that you pretty much go "yeah but just wait until MY GUY shows up!" I mean I get thinking they aren't actual gods and just super power beings but I just find the whole thing odd as fuck.

>God is silly
>unless he's Jewish

Christ wasn't all powerful. His entire story is of his sacrifice and spreading a message of forgiveness and acceptance of what's outside your power. That's really fucking edgy, writer. I can't take this at face value as something the character would think because it's so on the nose. A good writer would do it subtly, like having Pete reminisce on Ben and him hanging in his room, then cut to present with him absent, as well as a cross on his wall before also missing.

I mean, I can buy Pete dropping God after that, but this is just stupid.
I think that was an attempt at a closed eye and cheek/brow detail that got lost in the inking process, like so.

It's a weird line to draw. The Norse god's mortality and fatalism is what makes them interesting, so making them actual beings in the world that can die is more to the truth and easier to process and accept than an all-enveloping all-powerful messianic figure. "You've met gods" depends on your definition of gods. When you're raised with the Abrahamic idea of an Almighty Father then it's hard to fully accept Thor and such as legit gods when you set such a distinct standard. Then again I might be full of shit.

The Abrahamic God (complete with Jesus) exists in the Marvel Universe, though His appearances can be counted on one hand (not counting behind-the-scenes stuff the angelic Punisher era or a lot of Ghost Rider, especially the Way/Aaron run).

Because Marvel has hired nothing but "x D" writers for years now

What a surprise, Marriagefags literally do not know what happened in OMD.
That story sucks enough without you fucking adding your headcanon to it you fucking Tumblr shipgrid faggot

I mean sorta-it was strongly implied. On the other hand, even if you do meet god... How sure are you?
Nonetheless he absolutely is a man of faith.

I'm an atheist but this is some shit writing- know your characters and get off your fucking soapbox

>be mad about doing the wrong choice
>copes with it by blaming a guy that gave him good advice in the first place
nice going, Peter

cringe

1: no, he's protestant. He's often thought of as being a sort of crypto-jew, but he's nonspecific protestant.
2: Jews believe in God. Christians believe in the god of the Jews.

Well there he's 15. Being angry at god at 15 is like the most natural possible turn of events

He's mostly talking about the common man having some interaction with the different gods. Mr. Smith sees Thor and other guys saying they are gods but that god hasn't been seen by anyone outside of visions (unless I'm mistaken).

He's also met Thor, Loki, Odin, and Hercules.

>Well there he's 15. Being angry at god at 15 is like the most natural possible turn of events

I think you nailed why characterization is so fucked at Marvel. It's like "He's a scientist? Therefore he's got to be an atheist guys!!"

He has been Jewish since day 1, it was meant to be a stand-in for Stan Lee in his teen days.

>pretending to know anything about comics

See this is how you end up giving yourself away so easily.

>That time God personally came down to ensure Peter that May was going to Heaven, and proceeded to show him all the good he's done saving lives.
>He still went and made a deal with the devil.
Why you so dumb, Pete?

>not my fault, lol
>should have doged the bullet
>too bad he didn't had a spider sense huh?
>lol quit being a fag

I love how jesus is shrugging at him from the cross.

>But it's time to face the truth
>I will never be with you

He met Stan lee too, which is sorta the God of his universe.

Thats ethnic jews, not the jewish religion, you dumb.

Anyone know what issue this is from?

blame it on hank
blame it on slot
blame it mephesto

Only one character has been given a religion they have consistently believed in.

I just wrote a letter to a friend along those lines. Feels heavy.

Amazing Spider-Man Vol 2 #53

JMS and John Romita Jr