Now that the dust has settledcan we all agree that this is Sup Forums's film of 2017?

now that the dust has settledcan we all agree that this is Sup Forums's film of 2017?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=G62HrubdD6o
youtube.com/watch?v=H9770lB6E2M
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Peugeot
Lol

mad max fury road came out in 2015

Certainly the best film I saw in 2017

This or Dunkirk. I've only seen 2049 but both movies seem like the kino of 2017 from what I've heard

no

Uhh, I think that pretty much decided when there was a barrage of autistic posting about this movie for over a month

>Dunkirk
Get Out, Ingrid Goes West, the Shape of Water, Baby Driver, and Three Billboards were all better. Haven't seen Blade Runner yet

>Get Out

Sup Forumsedditor's first "visually impressive" """film"""

There's no other choice

Kek the only good film you just named is Three Billboards you plebian.

>Get Out, Ingrid Goes West
wew

TOP 5 FILMS OF THE YEAR (no particular order)

>BR2049
>Good Time
>Novitiate
>Dunkirk
>The Killing of a Sacred Deer

accurate list

Get Out was awful, Baby Driver was good at times but vastly overrated. The others I have yet to see, so no comment.

Go back to Sup Forums.

>muh niggers made the film, so its shit
so are you from Sup Forums or Sup Forums user

>Get Out
boring horror "reference" film with an amazing wowsodeep.jpg political slant
>Baby Driver
Dumb but fun action comedy flick
>Dunkirk
fresh war kino, held back by PG-13 rating
>Blade Runner
film of the year

>film of the year
damn do none of you gosling fags have any reason on why its film of the year? Cause you know, it really isn't there were way too many things holding it back.
and still color balanced shots don't count as kino

>we
Blade Runner 2049 was the film of the year, though.

Couldn't agree more.

>disdain for plebs
>uses words like boring and kino
Why do low cinematic IQ plebs from Sup Forums keep posting on our art board?

>way too many things holding them back
List 6 (six) things that hold it back and 3 (three) things it could have achieved better.

Also note that he used "fun"
Fucking christ we need /film/ backed by /lit/, Sup Forums and /ic/ already

These plebs have become too comfortable here

How has no one brought up lego batman?!?! That film was heart felt and hilarious.

>baby driver
>fun

You're right, "boring" wasn't the right word. I should have said uninspired, which is more accurate since the film did technically have action and tension. The problem was that is was mostly either hot air or meaningless.
kino is a meme

>dumb but fun
It's a common saying, would you have preferred "enjoyably shallow" instead you pedant?

Name three films that match musical timing to scene composition in way that the action follows the beats of each song.

What else did you expect from Sup Forums movie buffs? People like him don't watch actual film. Only movies they can spam on their steam and twitter profiles signaling all the other entry level plebs that its safe for them to talk to each other

>name three films that match musical timing to scene composition in way that the action follows the beats of each song
Literally irrelevant, besides it being a gimmick. Baby Driver was nothing but watered down shit to attract a normalfag audience to a ripoff of Drive.

The music gimmick was the only thing it had going for it, should have doubled down on it harder.

>irrelevant
>I can't do that, so it must not matter

>it's a gimmick
Gimmicks are what make things fun, Jan. I don't consider Tarantino films to be high art but that doesn't stop them from being dumb fun. It's like capeshit for the group of filmgoers that are slightly above manchildren and marvelfags.

>ripoff of Drive
If we're going by that logic, then Drive was a ripoff of The Driver. Bank robbery driver films all have similar themes, the point was to tell a story in a new way... hence "dumb" but "fun."
I agree, it was actually based on a music video that Edgar directed so it should have used more in my opinion. Song choices were decent, nothing too cliche except for that S&G song.

>soundtrack
>pacing
>character development
>dialog
>sense of atmosphere
>plot holes
>undefined reasoning of characters
>pointless plot lines that appear out of no where
>harrison ford

user I could literately go on, not even the original had that many fuck up and flopped it's opening week

>these opinions
Gimmicks do the exact opposite of making things fun.
Drive was openly inspired by The Driver and other movies like that, which, incidentally, are also great movies. They tell a genuine story with real style and passion, rather than slapping some crowd-pleasing songs over Ken Block-tier """"""cool"""" driving stunts to entertain brainlets.

>It's like capeshit for the group of filmgoers that are slightly above manchildren and marvelfags
Do you believe they're not all the same brainlets?
Do you actually believe you're not part of them?
>fun used again
lmao

Wrong on most accounts.

Sup Forums's film of 2017 must be Baahubali 2. No excuses.
youtube.com/watch?v=G62HrubdD6o
youtube.com/watch?v=H9770lB6E2M

>soundtrack
serviceable
>pacing
What specifically was wrong with pacing?
>character development
???
>dialogue
??? besides Leto being pretentious, it was fine
>atmosphere
It had great atmosphere
>plot holes
Such as?
>undefined reasoning
???
>pointless plot lines
The resistance existed to present K with 2 distinct options, and the point is that he chose neither of them. Despite being a replicant he made his own choices.
>harrison ford
Star power
You have about 3 criticisms to explain, and you didn't even list 3 things that would have been explored better.
Drive was not a "fun" movie. It was certainly a good film, but you don't watch Drive to have a good time.
>crowd-pleasing songs over cool stunts
I think you're missing the point of Baby Driver, a story does not have to be told in the same exact way each time. Drive is a more serious and artistic examination that drips with atmosphere and lingering shots, whereas Baby Driver is again a film that emphasizes the action and entertainment.

Who said Drive was fun?
I think you're the one missing the point of Baby Driver - which is to make as much money as possible from retelling a story, rather than retelling that story in an interesting way. The Driver is an interesting, genuinely flawed character with a real arc.
Baby is a two dimensional 100% family-friendly all-round nice guy, and none of the characters around him are any more fleshed out. They serve as nothing more than plot devices to take the film from superficially entertaining chase scene for morons to superficially entertaining chase scene for morons.

>ST-STOP SAYING FUN! MOVIES ARE NOT FUN, HAHAHA FUN IS NOT A WORD
fun
>do you believe they're not the same brainlets
They're about a step or two above the type of soyboy that gets excited over an Avengers or Star Wars film. They like movies like Shaun of the Dead, with visual comedy presented in an obvious but more subdued fashion than mere quips.
>do you actually believe you're not part of them
Define "them." You make more vague terms and references than I personally care for.

>who said Drive was fun?
>h-haha no movies aren't supposed to be fun, and if they are, then they're garbage
Such a filthy masochist you are.

>the point of Baby Driver is to make money from retelling a story
Yes, just like Drive.
>rather than retelling the story in an interesting way
But user, it was retold in an interesting way. Maybe you don't think so, but music and car chases and guns are interesting. It tells the story in a completely different way than Drive or The Driver.
>The Driver is interesting and genuine
>Baby is two-dimensional and family friendly
Yes, and have you thought about WHY they are so different? Each character suits their own story. Drive makes you think about the different sorts of people involved with crime, and the consequences of their choices. Baby Driver is not about that sort of examination. Drive uses minimal conversations and more open-ended dialogue, Baby Driver uses plenty of dialogue (even in ASL) to present its characters.
This is all part of telling the same story in a different way.
>all-around nice guy
He makes quite a few dick moves, but in general he's a good person. That is what makes more approachable for the audience.

I think the problem is that you think I'm calling Baby Driver an amazing film. It's not, since it's "dumb fun." It's not in my "top ten" list for anything, except maybe mainstream films of 2017.

I rate it higher than other films like Get Out because I think it was made better than them.

I think this and Alien covenant might have been the only two new movies I saw this year. So yeah, BR is my movie of 2017.

it's twin peaks season 3