This masterpiece released 15 years ago

This masterpiece released 15 years ago.

Lets discuss the real reason why capeshit dominates the box office today. Bladefags & X-menfags need not apply.

>crappy movie nobody cared about that ruined all the source material and is blasphemy to any real comic fans, but became popular cause it was so not talked about that people latched onto it

>this entire post

>>no one talked about it
>>this made people latch onto it

anyone care to decipher what this post says, preferably translating it to legible english?

remove the idiocy too.

It was a shit movie that destroyed the source material. It also is only claimed to be "good' by you morons because it was the least talked about Spider-Man movie before it became "nostalgic"

It was alright, I guess. Possibly the best Spidey film, but that's not saying much.

>crappy movie nobody cared
Box office: $821.7 million
Nah 2 is much better.

2 was fucking weird. I want to see what the writing process for that film was.

It was probably similar to Amazing (Arad and execs getting their fingers into the script) but Rami having none of it.

I still think it's superior to 1 though. It had bigger setpieces for one, a lot of the fights in 1 felt like they were claustrophobic at times.

It's only good if you don't read Spider-Man

Why?

its especially good if you read spider-man
it recreated the goblin death from the pages themselves and even with that it had raimis own style in there

>Lets discuss the real reason why capeshit dominates the box office today.
So Iron Man?

You're confused for X-men 1.

2 was weird with some good parts (I loved spidey stopping the train, for instance), but 3 was absolutely hilarious and I loved every stupid moment.

Sony can reboot all they like, but these are always going to be the ones I remember.

>he thinks Iron Man would have been made if Spider-man 1 wasn't a massive success
Marvel Studios literally owes all its success to Raimi showing Hollywood you can do a faithful adaptation of a comic with colorful outfits and people will still love it.

>Lets discuss the real reason why capeshit dominates the box office today.

Tim Burtons Batman?

(you)

anyone care to decipher what these posts say, preferably translating it to legible english?

remove the idiocy too.

Schumacher's Batman and Robin was such a flop that it hurt the goodwill Burton's Batman had, took them like eight years to get another Batman movie out.

Great film, nostalgic as fuck.
Though I always liked the first half better than the second. The toys were dope as fuck too.

>muh source material!
Even if the movie went full source material you would be complaining you piece of shit.
Spiderman 1 2 3 were pure kino and I don't give a shit about what people think. It has this atemporal kind of feel, like when you watch back to the future trilogy, it has a similar vibe but not because it is a trilogy but because it's so well made and it's so entretaining.

>Tim Burtons Batman?
>implying this level of logic can't go all the way back to Donner's Superman or even that garbage serials in the 40s
>implying Burton's Batman ushered in a true dominance of comic book blockbusters
lol