How can we get more Looney Tunes DVDs/BDs...

How can we get more Looney Tunes DVDs/BDs? Sales are still at a all time high and is still selling in the millions per month in 2017 and a DVD-R set of the 60s cartoons is set for Q4 of this year but how can we get more DVDs/BDs to get released since sales are still excellent?

Source on the 60s cartoons.
intanibase.com/forum/posts/m18996-Jerry-Beck-on-Stu-s-Show---3-22-17--Audio-and-Video#post18996

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B005NFJAQC/ref=tmm_dvd_new_olp_sr?ie=UTF8&condition=new&qid=1494122412&sr=8-3
amazon.com/walt-disney-treasures-collection-Italian/dp/B00FG7W730/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1494132941&sr=8-1&keywords=disney treasures import
amazon.com/walt-disney-treasures-collection-Italian/dp/B00FG7W726/ref=pd_sim_74_1?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B00FG7W726&pd_rd_r=CZVWC1JHS5KZMEMMQDFY&pd_rd_w=tULns&pd_rd_wg=PHLy0&psc=1&refRID=CZVWC1JHS5KZMEMMQDFY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>New Warner Archive animation DVD coming out soon. We'll get new transfers, but the studio (Warner, MGM, Hanna-Barbera) is being kept secret. We'll know more in August.
That could be literally anything, user.

Jerry Beck brought up Merlin The Magic Mouse & Kool Kat on that podcast hinting at those 60s cartoons.

>Merlin The Magic Mouse
I had to google that. I love how Warner Archive keeps pumping out this obscure shit but can't be bothered to finish the Tom and Jerry blu-rays.

2 of them are racist, not as bad as the Censored 11 but still racist.

Half of the early Tom and Jerry shorts are racist. What's the problem with those two shorts specifically?

I really have no idea.

i still have those "racist" shorts on VHS. never thought anything of them as a kid. i only remember the usual cat and mouse shenanigans, nothing really racist..

also what the fuck warner, the sets say on them they are for adult collectors so why the fuck do you have to piss yourselves when it comes to shit like this?

Those adult collectors tend to show the cartoons to their kids to have them avoid garbage like Teen Titans Go & Voltron Legendary Defender, also to avoid getting attacked by SJWs.

in that case, take me for example, who watched said racist shorts on vhs. i took nothing racist from it, so why would kids of today?

99% of sjws probably haven't even seen these shorts and never will. plus sjws make for a very very small percentage of the market, so again, what's the fuss? the sales won't drop because one half bald fattie took offense at something it never saw

They won't, but SJWs will take offence.

Also I have those 2 cartoons (and the rest of the HB & Jones cartoons) on LaserDisc.

>sjws make for a very very small percentage of the market
Explain Steven Universe then.

Still, I thing this nightmare needs to end, give us GACers our industry back.

>also what the fuck warner, the sets say on them they are for adult collectors so why the fuck do you have to piss yourselves when it comes to shit like this?
Even if they have that on the back of the case, there are still dipshits out there who will think any cartoon is okay for kids as long as it's not Family Guy or South Park. (I've been to Walmart once and saw a Ranma 1/2 dvd in the kids section. That must've been fun)

The obvious answer is to make the sets online exclusive on their Warner Archive website but they're more worried about getting obscure 70's Hanna Barbera shows on there than anything else.

the warner archive is on demand burning, which will limit where the blu-rays can be played. it'll suck. my bet is they find some online retailer and put them up exclusively online in limited sets.

Try making a ESRB for cartoons and put ID restrictions on them.

>Make sets exclusive to their online store
>Limit it to a few thousand copies or something
>Just keep them on their store until they eventually sell out
>If they sell out quickly, (Like within a year or two) then make more
>Make a separate best of collection for blu-ray that doesn't have the racist shorts and sell that at general retail
I don't see why this couldn't happen. They've already got the shorts in HD on Boomerang's streaming service.

>a ESRB for cartoon
Such a thing already exists. It's called the MPAA and the Television Content Rating System. No one ever pays attention to them though.

Sales have been going up for months now, in the millions to be exact.

If anything people are getting sick of whats being made now and they what things fixed.

Put in on FRONT of the box.

>I love how Warner Archive keeps pumping out this obscure shit but can't be bothered to finish the Tom and Jerry blu-rays.
Tom and Jerry Golden Collection wasn't put out by Warner Archive. It was by Warner Home Video. Apparently there's some inter-company politics at play because rumor is the Warner Archive department would love to put out more Looney Tunes etc but they're being blocked.

>the warner archive is on demand burning, which will limit where the blu-rays can be played.
Only the Warner Archive dvds are burnt on demand. The Blu-rays are all pressed.

>is still selling in the millions per month
>Sales have been going up for months now, in the millions to be exact
got an actual source for an of this?

Sadly I think the solution is to support Boomerang streaming.

They claim the issue with the Blu-rays (for Looney Tunes, not Tom and Jerry) is that they don't have the budget to restore them. If we support Boomerang, more shorts will get restored, increasing the amount of shorts that they will have available to potentially release on Blu-ray.

The DVDs are pressed as well.

That was only the excuse for Tom and Jerry. The reasoning behind cancelling Looney Tunes Platinum releases was that they had no budget left for restoring the cartoons.

Which in reality is pretty fucked, as they should be restoring these shorts regardless, as they are a major part of their history and they need to be preserved.

I guess that makes a little sense. I thought Warner Archive was a part of Home Video.

The problem with Boomerang's streaming is that it looks like it was made specifically for little kids. We need them to realize that there's also an adult audience for these.

If whatever Warner Archive is releasing later this year does turn out to be Looney Tunes or MGM shorts or something, then hopefully it will sell well and make them aware that we still want these. I'll take the remaining Looney Tunes unrestored over not having them at all.

Well I recently got Static Shock and Zeta Project from them and they were all burnt.

>The reasoning behind cancelling Looney Tunes Platinum releases was that they had no budget left for restoring the cartoons.
But that doesn't make any sense.

They already had a fuck ton more restored shorts that haven't been released on blu-ray leftover from the Golden Collections. It's not like they're averse to double dipping either, didn't the Platinum Collection Vol 3 only have like 4 new shorts on it?

Money has since starting pouring in again as we want Looney Tunes not Teen Titans Go.

People are still buying it just to see more cartoons in future releases.

Oh yeah I bought it as well. I didn't mind the double dipping since I was getting a big jump in quality over what I previously had.

Which is why I don't get the "can't release anymore Platinum Collection volumes because there's no budget left to restore" argument. They still have at least 200+ fully restored shorts that haven't been released on blu-ray just lying around. Do some pure double dip volumes which people will buy for the quality upgrade then use that money to restore new shorts.

Even if they just let the Warner Archive release the already restored shorts on BD. It just boggles my mind why won't even do that.

Every single short (besides the bonus shorts) on all of the Blu-ray releases was a new HD transfer, so there was no double dipping whatsoever. No cartoons overlapped on any of the Blu-ray releases.

Maybe they started restoring them again when everyone started buying the platinum sets out of fear of them going OOP (I don't think Amazon itself has any of the sets in stock now). They haven't announced a fourth set yet though, maybe because they made such a big deal out of the third one being final and now they're scared to go back on it.

ranma is perfectly fine for kids.

>Every single short (besides the bonus shorts) on all of the Blu-ray releases was a new HD transfer
Every restored short on the Golden Collection was from the same HD transfers that they did when they restored them. It's just that they had to downscale them for dvd release. They have all the restored HD transfers for all the restored shorts on the Golden Collection on hand already.

Recently Amazon has cleared out stock completely of these sets, and I know there must still be a shit ton of people looking to buy them, but either Amazon hasn't ordered more stock, or Warner has no stock left.

If Warner has no stock left, it seems like a no brainer that they should press some more copies and make some money. That being said, they probably won't. The prices will just increase to ridiculous amounts from third party sellers and Warner will miss out on all that potential revenue.

>Every restored short on the Golden Collection was from the same HD transfers that they did when they restored them.
Every restored short on the Golden Collection was from the same HD transfers that they did when they restored them.

That's incorrect, they restored them fresh for the Blu-rays. Their original restoration process for the SD DVDs was done cheaply from what I heard and restoring for Blu-ray was much more expensive than they expected. If you look at the interviews from Jerry Beck on various podcasts and sites, they were definitely newly restored.

Let's not forget that they were remastered for DVD nearly 10 years prior to the Blu-rays, and I think it's pretty obvious that the Blu-ray copies were newly remastered.

>Boobs.
>Kids.
Seek help.

>That's incorrect, they restored them fresh for the Blu-rays.
Not what I heard. Plus it defies common sense.

We're not talking about restorations that were done in the early 90's here, we're talking mid to late 00's. No way they would've just done SD restorations, I've literally never heard of any company in any medium (tv, movies, games etc) doing SD restorations in the modern age when HD video was already a thing.

If memory serves, the shorts from the first Golden Collection were restored in SD but the rest were done in HD. So they only had to redo the shorts from the first set for blu-ray.

I think it was the first 2 as set 2 had issues with 480i when the first one had issues with DVRN, the rest have been good.

>I don't think Amazon itself has any of the sets in stock now
>Recently Amazon has cleared out stock completely of these sets

>Looney Tunes: Platinum Collection, Vol. 1
>Only 10 left in stock
>Looney Tunes: Platinum Collection, Vol. 2
>Completely out of stock, only available from 3rd part sellers
>Looney Tunes: Platinum Collection, Vol. 3
>Completely out of stock, only available from 3rd part sellers
>Mouse Chronicles: The Chuck Jones Collection
>Only 3 left in stock (more on the way).
>Tom & Jerry: Golden Collection, Vol. 1
>Temporarily out of stock.
Oh fuck me.

T-they'll get more in right guys? Would Warner really let them all go completely out of print?

amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B005NFJAQC/ref=tmm_dvd_new_olp_sr?ie=UTF8&condition=new&qid=1494122412&sr=8-3

Amazon restocked one of them.

Amazon isn't the only site that sells stuff, you know.

Yeah but Amazon gets it's stock directly from Warner. Which means if Amazon isn't going to get more copies in then neither will other re-sellers when they eventually sell out as well.

True.

WB's online store also still has them and all the Golden Collections. Not sure what else you want me to say.

Because WB's online store still has stock of them.

I'm just pointing out that Amazon would sell out first because they're by far the biggest online retailer and if Amazon can't get more in then neither can any other retailer when they eventually sell out because maybe WB themselves are out of stock.

So unless they make more then eventually they'll be sold out everywhere.

If you want to send a message to Warner, it makes more sense to buy from WB's store instead of Amazon.

Amazon buys stock in bulk lots (and for cheaper), but if you buy direct from WB they're more likely to notice the sale.

bump

I don't understand. Why are the sales going up so many years after the DVD collection finished? Also, if the Looney Tunes Golden Collection is such a success, why aren't there any new Mickey Mouse/Donald Duck/Goofy/etc collections coming from the mouse house?

Most of them got a rerelease in Italy a wile back.

amazon.com/walt-disney-treasures-collection-Italian/dp/B00FG7W730/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1494132941&sr=8-1&keywords=disney treasures import
amazon.com/walt-disney-treasures-collection-Italian/dp/B00FG7W726/ref=pd_sim_74_1?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B00FG7W726&pd_rd_r=CZVWC1JHS5KZMEMMQDFY&pd_rd_w=tULns&pd_rd_wg=PHLy0&psc=1&refRID=CZVWC1JHS5KZMEMMQDFY

Nothing about a US release however.

Are those sets different to the Walt Disney Treasures sets they released from 01-09? and are now super expensive

Vol.1 has both color Mickeys and 3 out of the 4 Donald Duck DVDs (no Vol.4 however).

Vol.2 has a Silly Symphonies set, the first Pluto & B&W Mickey set, the Oswald set and the complete Goofy.

Sweet. Thanks user, I had no idea these existed.

Still missing a few of the Treasure sets I want but getting 2/3rds for $70 is really fucking good. Doesn't look like there's going to be a third set though.

They need to make a blu ray of all the Road runner shorts

Also all the Bugs Bunny and Tweety Show

Just about.
Your welcome.

They're going up now because fans like me were avoiding buying the sets for years because we were waiting for Blu-rays, but then the Golden collection became so damn cheap recently and we all got sick of waiting so we jumped on it.

And Disney doesn't operate based on logic. They never have and they never will.

Also whats being made now and the fujo curse.