The Witcher Netflix

Will the series be legendary or suffer the same fate as Netflix’s Marco Polo?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xt_65k-gv1U
youtube.com/watch?v=7i23ZDoxClk
youtube.com/watch?v=g4rYh3e97VU
youtube.com/watch?v=msIjWthwWwI
youtube.com/watch?v=gC8ya-KqB7Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I forgot what Marco Polo was

Witcher will be black and gay, wights will be white

This. Can't wait for black Geralt.

>Nekkers were referred to as Clawers in a leaked draft for one of the episodes
really makes you think

it's gonna be shit. Esspecially because butthurt sapkowski is involved.

Fucking racist het male gamers about to learn that the power of diversity can make even toxic garbage like "Witcher" (a slur for women who won't have sex on demand, look it up on my blog) tolerant and worthy of adding to a multicultural discussion.

Realistically, Dandellion would be black and played by Dong Lover and Geralt would be bisexual.

source?

I want this...

youtube.com/watch?v=xt_65k-gv1U
youtube.com/watch?v=7i23ZDoxClk
youtube.com/watch?v=g4rYh3e97VU

How much would the Poles lose their shit if that happened?

What happened to Marco Polo

>What happened to Marco Polo?

Exactly

they spent way too much money and didn't make enough back so it got cancelled.

fuckin sucks, i liked it and i still keep it in my netflix list just in case. :(

That's a drag, I enjoyed it too. Kublai was brilliantly played.

The dude who's making the show happen/is directing some of the show directed at least 1 of those trailers. He definitely directed the 'Killing Monsters' one and I think he directed the prologue intro with Yen.

>what are you doing?
>killing monsters
I love how much of an edgy autist Geralt is. Also that animation is pretty gorgeous, I assume it would be too expensive/time consuming for them to do the whole show with that?

they're gonna ruin it with multicultural transexual pandering etc

I doubt it, as the director is Polish

this. they gonna try to keep it as well as poissible. it's their chance to shine. doubt they would ruin that

It will be shit. We can't have nice things.

>implying netshit would allow non-SJW propaganda

i heard it is one of licencing agreements

>Polish director
>Andrzej Sapkowski being the consultant

Netflix doesn’t have shit to say

Like he gives a shit. He'll pocket the money and stfu. He's sour as fuck of passing on a royalty agreement for the game licensing and instead preferred pocketing cash.

director has been nominated to an oscar for this
youtube.com/watch?v=msIjWthwWwI

Geralt was a fucking white knight in that scene. That cunt was probably a witch who tortured countless children. Those based dudes were trying to make the punishment equal to her crimes.

Doesn’t mean he’s planning on making that same mistake twice regarding the adaptation. He’s expressed a clear desire to have his work adapted similarly to George R.R. Martin’s Game of Thrones/ASOIAF, regardless of the fact he couldn’t care less about the games

He really gives a shit, its his world and he disowned the last attempt because it sucked the man is autistically protective of his creation

Polo was great you dick

We'll see when it's released. I have absolutely no optimism.

It’s great series, it just suffered the fate of not being very popular with American audiences which led to everyone forgetting about it, because the lead was an Italian.

Having a tv series would solidify the Witcher as an actual franchise, not just a nerd game

Just a few things I thought you vidya fags needed reminding of,
1: Geralt will have one sword not two like some kinda edgelord anime character
2: Ciri won't even show up until about 1/2way through and she'll be 12
3: 95% of your vidya characters won't show up at all
4: all you know about this series is nothing but fanfic, prepare to have your expectations completely ignored
T. Andrzej "vidya sucks" Sapkowski

At least the witcher books are finished.

OP here

That sounds really good actually, they’d really screw it up if they were to adapt the series from the videogames. Unlike George RR Martin, Sapkowski actually cares about his books

you forgot the part it was produced by weinstein company
even IF the show was a success they would have cancelled it.

>1: Geralt will have one sword not two like some kinda edgelord anime character
Well that's fine by me.
>2: Ciri won't even show up until about 1/2way through and she'll be 12
Ciri shows up in the short stories and her getting taken up by geralt starts the books. Also, I'd bet they will age her up for the latter book parts. The kaer morhen training is the perfect spot for a time jump should they decide for one.
>3: 95% of your vidya characters won't show up at all
>4: all you know about this series is nothing but fanfic, prepare to have your expectations completely ignored
And the gamefags will be ever so deliciously butthurt.

They're also shit after the first one, not unlike Game of Thrones

Ciri doesn't show up till blood of elves and only really becomes a character in time of contempt, which leads me to a prediction, their going to spend waaaay to much fucking time with the children of contempt, we'll be begging for bonhart after at least 2 seasons of those little shits

why would anyone care?

>not going for battleaxe and longsword style
Faggot

>Using two weapons at all when you have a near perfect dwarf sword
Vidyafags not even once

>not fighting by bludgeoning people to death with dwarves
Gay

it's gonna be barely a fantasy show
barely any magic
barely any monster
90% will be boring politics
sex
just like GoT

fuck me. this is gonna really suck

I've read all the books. In what part of the timeline takes place the series?

Worked for Vikings and The Last Kingdom, might as well work for this

Fair point

Last wish and blood of elves for season 1

will it have good waifus?

Yeah, and the reason why it wasnt popular was because americans cant in to chinese actors apparently.
Focus groups have proven this several times now.
The average american tv watcher is mentaly retarded.

>historical fiction is fantasy now
mmmhmmm

It is going to be pretty censored... We will never see the naked little daughter of Foltest the sister fucker. Not Snow White being raped by the hunter.

Anyone wanna have a bet we're gonna see the non-romance that is geralt/triss in the books drawn out over complete with a sex scene and everything?

>Not
Nor*

She'd make a damn good Yenn

I'm expecting them to skip sword of destiny almost entirely, also while they could get away with kids doing drugs the kids then raping each other is probably a step too far, I expect a lot of allusions to things that will happen off screen

They fucked in kaer morhen iirc, or maybe she just really wanted to and geralt ignored her

It was declared non-canon for Netflix.

The fuck somewhere off screen (pages?), then later geralt's like "let's just be friends" and triss goes halfway crazy over it.

It will be shit because netflix is all about diversity shitskin washing characters.

youtube.com/watch?v=gC8ya-KqB7Q

That's it, she basically took advantage while he was 1/2dead after being reked by vilgy, once he's got his faculties back he does the 'let's just be freinds' and triss has a little meltdown

I don't recall that part. The offscreen tussle happens somewhere during the short story period. I believe Triss is first mentioned by Yen in the last wish and gets mentioned again at some point as a past romance.

>95% of your vidya characters won't show up at all
Unless you play gwent, in which case you'll probably recognize almost every character.

based

Ciri shows up in The Sword of Destiny.

Why would they skip Sword of Destiny? It's the best one in the entire series.

does triss also enjoy the cucking of yen or does she just like geralt

They could either follow the novels, which might be good since they can't ruin what is already written. Or they could make up their own story with the characters and just try to introduce original stuff.

you will never understand how hype this trailer got me

No I mean yea, but when geralt is recovering from his first fight with vilgy, triss is the one who takes care of him and she takes advantage, been years though could be getting this stuff mixed up a bit

>Will a Netflix series be good?
Spoiler: No, it won't

I know but they will cause they want to get to the "plot" even though last wish and sword set up all the main characters and the story, I just think they'll skip it, I really want them to at least do dragonbro though and the saytr those guys were great

nobody who conciously cucks doesn't enjoy it
and those who don't do it conciously end up enjoying it when they find out anyway

As a guy who regularly discusses Witcher 3 with a buddy at work who's playing through it, nekkers said quickly sounds way too much like the n-word.

The witches and sorcerers cuck eachother all the time their basically immortal and infertile so its a big game for them

no shit

It depends on how much profit they get. Netflix is known to milk a series once they have it a la House of Cards. If it doesn't do well they'll run it for 2 seasons and then just axe it, if it does well they'll probably do the entire thing. If it does really well they might even go into the game story territory, but they'll probably have to wait for Sapkowski to kick the bucket.

I'm mainly interested to see if they'll do Season of Storms since it's in between Last Wish and Sword of Destiny.

I never read season of storms, is it a bunch of short stories too?

Season of Storms is one story but feels more like the short stories since it doesn't have a big overarching narrative and a lot of politics.

Nice, guess I know what I'm reading next

it comes out in English in 2018, so you'll have to wait a while if you don't speak a second language where it's already available.

tfw some guy offers to Geralt an (illusive) child for sex and stuff.

Am I the only fag that fell for Mozaïk?

>Trusting a scarf wearing soy boy who is absolutely against current government and its anti-immigration policies to not fuck it up.
Sorry but the based Poland meme is strongly overhyped. We have loads of self-loathing "intellectuals" who hate conservative nature of our culture.

Or study Polish within several months and achieve literary level, other than that it’s just waiting until the book comes out in English

this desu

Sup Forums will have a meltdown when they realize that truthful adaptations would be nothing like games and that if you were to describe books in one sentence it's a story about a lonely man with romantic nature who simply wants to love but is unable to due to his physical deformities.

So tired of kikes playing dumb.

That sounds a lot like the Hunchback of Notre Dame

Yeah but Geralt is more intelligent and more suave although I think he's considerd far uglier in the books than in the games.

Well if the Netflix series flops, we’ll always have the other adaptation: The Hexer

He never lacks for attention. His one problem is that he has terminal oneitis for a woman written so unrealistically any further attempts to read a real life lesson into it is pointless.

They’d better do an excellent casting job

Sapkowski learned from his mistakes with the games, this time the contract is written in a way that favours him.
It's his way or the highway.

that's not ciri