Tell me about marvel cosmic

What happens in space

Dope shit, to put it in simple terms.

Social Justice and Atheism.

Bless the madman who made this... though, I did notice a conspicuous lack of ROM.

Spaceknights, sure, but what about Marvel's very own forbidden hero?

religion is bad mmkay. also we turned galactus' skeleton into a train.

Marvel: Galactus, Thanos, Quasar , negative zone, Asgard, Kree, Shiar, Skrulls, Chitauri, Brood, Spartax, Badoon.
Celestials, Eternity.

Tell moar

It's what comics were born to be: a grand scifi opera full of crazy bullshit, spanning generations both in and out of story.

Some of it sucks, but there's more than enough worthwhile to be found.

>What happens in space

shenanigans and antics

Storylines that, generally, have no limits in the kind of crazy bullshit that can happen. From space operas to existential M E T A.

Literally nothing.

DC cosmic is better

A lot of things used to happen, but not so much anymore

Explain

memes and dance offs

Hell yeah

>religion is bad mmkay

Blame that on Jim Starlin writing a lot of cosmic marvel.

Well now it is. I would say that DC cosmic wasn't better during the Annihilation stuff but it was more popular since Johns was expanding the GL world and making it something that more people were getting into.

Now DC basically has no competition. Movie synergy has pretty much ruined what Marvel had going for it.

This happens in space.

This happened after that in space.

>now it is
DC isn't publishing anything interesting cosmic wise in rebirth

Now this is all that happens.

t. someone who doesn't read comics

This eventually happened in space.

More happened before, and more happened after. But Annihilation, Annihilation Conquest, and Thanos Imperative are the best things that ever happened in space. Annihilation was "Oh God, how could things possibly get worse for us?" the comic, Conquest was the Dirty Dozen in Ultron's madhouse, and Thanos Imperative was a terrifying trip into an undying mirror universe, while that same terror tried to pour into our own.

Fun was had.

>the button and the inevitable mega event in the horizon
>that dark trinity book
>the utter reversal of dogfucker and the gem that is green lanterns
>incoming return of manchester black
>deathstroke, aquaman, and cyborg

Well I guess I'm just easily entertained.

But yes, DC is playing it safe right now because they are merging and altering stuff but that's not everything. They are still taking their characters in interesting directions.

>the only good cosmic comic
>not even going to make it to the end of this year
>most likely won't even be referenced in any other books

Meanwhile I can drop a few OOGA CHAKA comics that Marvel is farting out right now.

You've basically got a laundry list of alien empires at perpetual war (and occasional political intrigue) with eachother while space gods casually blow up galaxies and people fight over ancient prophecies. There's a wealth of space magic and characters named "Blackagar Boltagon" and talking horse people.

m a n c h e s t e r b l a c k

What is some cosmic DC other than GL?

Wait for logos to kill all the abstracts.

This is not the thread for it, but is anyone else hoping he becomes more than just an asshole villain? Maybe not a hero, but not a fraud?
After all, he started as something of a vigilante, a misguided one but against evil nonetheless. He didn't hate Superman at first, he just disagreed with him. I always felt it strange a story about how there's nothing wrong with finding another way spun off a character who never does.

It's less ironic and more a scapegoat. That's what he was designed to be to an extent, but it comes off more like propaganda than a moral.

And I don't mean propaganda in the sense of politics, I mean much the way you'll have these Superman parodies who act like clueless idiots because that's all the writers see superheroes as, I get the sense Manchester became a caricatured personification American superhero writers have of the British invasion and the style, themes and critique stemming from it.
A hamfisted retort on defying conventions and status quo, but as a consequence whenever Superman's opposes him he becomes a sockpuppet gatekeeper echoing "this is our thing, our dial goes up to 11 and we'll tell you what superheroes are".

And if the Unamerican rebel dares to question and oppose the beloved All American traditionalist, well he must be destroyed or self-destruct because there's no other way. Something isn't quite right there.

Much like Landis' yes, I know pointing out the not very subtle connotations of Superman beating down Doomsday, an unstoppable raging monster reduced to his shorts, the impression I get from his continued conflict with Manchester Black seem self-indulgent and lacking a point beyond a feature length "Fuck You". Is that Superman? Is that what we want Superman to be?

Don't get me wrong. I felt the idea while not perfectly executed was still apt. After all if there's room to question traditions there's room to question change. It just has to be not so questionable.

Books of Magic was some gud stuff