I'm Mary Poppins Y'all!

I'm Mary Poppins Y'all!

;_;

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UbKsEbiy5_E
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

both he and ego were pretty shitty dads

to be completely fair, Yondu didn't even want to be a dad; he just wanted to save a kid from dying

I really started to dig the sonic arrow in this one. He came across as pretty powerful despite being so gimmicky.

>put Peter's needs and well-being before his own, often to his own detriment
>gave him a place to live when he had no one
>taught him a useful trade and how to defend himself
>shitty dad

Idiot

also beat and verbally abused peter, so the good with the bad.

well all dads do that you fag

COME

user...

one got better

What?

Is there something you want to tell us, user?

Goodnight sweet Dad

It's how you raise boys, if you hug them that will make them gay.

Pretty much everyone showcased how utterly broken they are compared to the Avengers

Drax and Gamora just straight brushing off a crash landing, just wailing his body against multiple trees, at blazing speeds. Rocket taking out at least five or six dozen people at once. Yondu obliterating an entire ship.

Rooker is to good for this world

i actually cried

I cried

>mfw movie Yondu is a better father figure to our protagonist than movie Jonathan Kent, movie Thomas Wayne, and movie Jor-El

I cried...

But I lost my father two months ago, so all the Dad stuff in this movie hit me pretty fucking hard.

Thomas Wayne is never a father figure, he exists to get shot

>Post yfw Peter broke the chain

like all dads

best song use in the movie

Just the good ones, some don't care about their kids

>tfw the last issue of Batman was Flashpoint Thomas Wayne begging Bruce to give up the cowl

Right in the feels.

It's because they are dealing with different shit

Why was my little branch boy so angry in this movie? He was a sweet, careful person as a big branch boy Why is he constantly hitting my blue autistic boy and chasing after all those mole rat didgeridoos.

My fist was clenched and I was very pleased

F

manlet rage

Because he's a cranky boy, Drax even said, I hate you smaller, meaner, dumber Groot.

nobody who loved you would beat you.

and Yondu said to Quill that he RAISED him, no love attached to that statement.

I had a massive erection.

>"I don't use my head to fly the arrow boy, I use my heart"
>Peter anime power-up with smash cut of flashbacks
>tfw I'm back to my childhood

>johnathan kent risked his life to protect his son
>yondu didnt

Nah

Jor-El was alright.

nah he threw away his life for no real reason since it was still feasible for clark to save him without exposing his powers until he told him to sit still and watch him die

>Tells Son with known super powers to stay back and watch as he dies for nothing.
>Blue piece of shit gives last Space Suit to son like figure he treated like garbage and gets him off celestial god planet before it explodes.

Really makes you think.

Which song was it?

>Didn't even include a simulation of Clark's mother.
Jor-El a shit.

>for nothing
>for no real reason
no you see, he was trying to save a dog

so why not just have clark a young fit man in his prime get the dog

>yondu verbally and physically abused quill and raised him to be a violent pirate. Also he never even told him he was his "daddy" till he was an adult and never told him of his origins.
>pa kent adopted kal el, told him he loved him and was his son throughout his life, told him what he knew of his origins, taught him to not abuse his powers and told him to make his own decisions (knowing he was raising him to be a good person).

Nope. Nice delusion.

Who gives a shit. Dude could just run and grab the dog. It was basically for nothing. Fuck.

"Your mother wanted to say some words to you son, but unfortunately this completely unnecessary 3-dimensional simulation of Krypton's history at up all the remaining memory."

>he should have known he was going to hurt his leg and be caught in the tornado

Are u retarded?

youtube.com/watch?v=UbKsEbiy5_E

Yeah so Pa Kent did it because anyone could. He couldnt predict that he would hurt his leg.

>and told him to make his own decisions

Have you never seen Man of Steel/BvS or are you trying to ruse someone?

Are you fucking kidding me? There's a giant tornado eating up everything in sight. He's fully aware his kid has super powers. There's no way he couldn't have just dashed , grabbed the dog and came back and saved everyone. That doesn't make any fucking sense.

no, he should have known clark could have done it risk-free

So, did Sup Forums like this movie?

I thought it was too much action and not enough substance. I also felt like it had lots of yummy references I wasn't getting, so it was kinda cool.

As a Missourian, the two funniest aspects of the Tornado scene are:
Clark could have just ran up and threw his dad to the ground and covered him. People and objects survive tornadoes in weird ways All The Time. Everyone woulda just said "Huh, that was damn lucky!"

People out here understand that standing under an overpass is no protection at all. It's a terrible idea. People have survived by climbing up into the framework below the roadbed and hanging on for dear life, but just standing underneath one is actually counter-productive, as it will just channel the wind through it even faster.

I also enjoyed that the Tornado didn't have strong enough winds to muss up Jonathan's hair until it was "right upon him" and disintegrated him.

There were quite a few references that had me grinning like an idiot, can't wait for the easter egg videos that'll show me what I missed. Really enjoyed the film, definitely belongs in the top tier of MCU flicks.

Enjoyed it even more the second time I saw it.
Even Gamora is starting to grow on me a little.

>expecting coastal liberal hollywood writers to understand what goes on in Flyover country

Top kek.

That reminds me. What did Quill eat in space all this time?

pussy

One of WB's biggest financial hits is the movie Twister, which gets them pretty accurately.

They literally had no excuse for this ridiculous CGI mockup.

Unironically the funniest movie I've seen in a decade. There's no such thing as too much comedy unless it's bad comedy or you were expecting a lot of drama.

eggs

She definitely got more love this time around, I no longer think of her as green Black Widow IN SPAAAAACE

>nobody who loved you would beat you.
Tell that to Trump

There was a couple of really tone-deaf jokes but overall I think its the funniest Marvel movie

Only one's I definitely got were:
>Stan Lee did it again
>that talking duck surely isn't just a random background character
Not anything noteworthy after this. Can you give some references I didn't know.

I thought it was pretty good. More of a comedy than an action movie but there were a few pretty well-done serious moments.

The worst thing they do with Superheroines is turn them into "Team Mom".
Why do they have to be the "serious team-mate" all the fucking time? This is the only thing Suicide Squad got right.
Why do studios think anyone wants to watch some stoic supergal?

This more than anything is why WW will crash, because her character is the straight-man to Pine and fatso's funvee.

the duck is howard the duck, originally came from the same comics as rocket raccoon and has since become a running gag character

Howard the Duck has absolutely nothing to do with Rocket Raccoon.
Nothing at all, besides both are Marvel characters.

Correct. Though they kind of overused the trope subversion gags. I also think their attempt at mixing epic and comedic moments kind of cancelled out both tones most of the time.

Sylvester Stallone's character and his mid-credits scene with the older Ravager captains are the OG Guardians of the Galaxy

Ayesha is making Adam Warlock

the Watchers are a thing

Nobody cares about your stupid nerd shit, though.

>full appearance of the Watchers
>showed the original Guardians as the Ravager leaders
>obviously the Adam Warlock teaser in the post-credits
>Yondu getting his comic accurate mohawk with the second fin
>Ego actually having a planet face
>I may be stretching on this one but it looked like Quill was actually looking at the comic version of Eternity as shown by his eyes being all color-y and star-y
>reference to Yondu loving a bunch of weird earth toys in the first movie
only ones I recognize

wrong

>what are some references that I missed
>here are some references that you missed
>no one cares, nerd

Since you caught Stan I assume you saw he was talking to The Watchers. We also got purple man-faced planet Ego, Cosmo in the credits, Starlord using an 80's handheld football game as a communicator, planet Berhert is from an old Hulk story, Howard the Duck as you said, the original Guardians lead by sly Stallone, Yondu's classic fin, Eternity, and probably a bunch more I missed.

Fuck off. I care.
fucking normie

Haha. Yeah that whole scene was just bizarre to me and I actually enjoyed the film.

Wasn't me.
Keep posting if you have more.

When the Sovereign guys are flying their drones, are the sound effects from an actual game, or just generic sounds meant to sound arcadey?

>yondu didnt
Yondu did more than risk his life, he outright sacrificed himself to save Peter.
Jonothan told Clark to use his head and stay hidden even if his heart told him to save people. Yondu told Peter to follow his heart because it was stronger than his head.

I seriously choked up a little when he gave that speech to Rocket.
"I know EXACTLY who you are, because YOU'RE ME."

Given that you're posting a literal nazi, the only one who needs to leave is you.

I don't know if you caught it, but there was a subtle Pacman reference at some point in the movie

Every comedy group needs a straight man, so long as they actually show some warmth every now and again it's not really a problem.

When? Was it in the credits?

There were two Korgs fighting in the portal skips and Jeff Goldblum from Thor 3 in the credits, which makes sense because James Gunn is the guy leading cosmic MCU and probably consulted a bit with Waititi.

I'm sure he's talking about the statues Quill wanted to build.

>while powering up to his Celestial Form, Peter flashes to his happiest moments, time with mom, flying around with Rocket and.. learning to shooot in the woods with Yondu.

and then "IF YOU DON'T LOVE ME NOW"

was a perfect scene, really.

I'm surprised they didn't have a credits scene with him

He actually made himself a pacman body out of rock when he and Ego charged at each other, sound effects and all.

It's interesting that a memory of Rocket popped up, given that they spent half the movie arguing incessantly.

Unless they've altered their origins, Howard is 70's character originally from Duckworld, which got retconned to a world of humanoid animals, but I've never seen it said that it's the same world that Rocket came from.

It's certainly not the case in MCU, where Rocket is an Earth animal and Howard an alien, but I'd like for you to point me to any reference of Howard coming from the Keystone Quadrant.

Way to ruin the joke

brothers argue a lot

I mean the whole movie showed they were good friends, Rocket just had hangups.

>subtle
>out of place transformation in the Ego battle scene, with the sound effects and all
Wasn't subtle at all and I thought it was normie tier. I cringed at that reference, but it was ok. However, if it is a reference to that flop movie, pixels, then I guess it's decent.