Poppy Opossum

Poppy time

Wouldn't telling someone her husband is missing be a violation of their terms?

>tfw I spent 5 minutes making this image to post when it didn't update today

Harley doesn't look like someone who is crying other than the tears, her face looks more disappointed than sad

>Chicadino can turn ANYTHING into a secret surveillance bug
Fuck, that's so much worse than what I was expecting. I thought it was just being able to hear through his cronies.

The fact that she waited as long as she did already looks weird. She should honestly have gone sooner if she didn't want to draw attention to the business.

Who could she tell. I can guarantee one of the first places he probably bugged was the police force/station.

She did say she went to the police with no luck.

Fazzi fight soon.

Also means Poppy fighting naked through most of it too

You boys ready for a house flipping

>Anything he touches becomes his and he can hear through it
>Has a room full of people type things and putting them into boxes

So why does he need the room if the power is all his?

We're still sure on exacts of how it works, but we have a little more info now. It might have to do with the downsides of his lucky star.

He probably uses magic to transmit it into that room and they jot it all down and save the information

Cause I mean really he's probably receiving like 3000 things at once, no way he can do all that himself.

Information and evidence. He has people typing up everything little birdy picks up and uses it as his own personal piggy bank of blackmail evidence and info to get an edge on anyone

Time to give that house a good flippin'

written proof

Is it finally time for another fight?

What if Chicadino put her up to this?
Just think of the headlines "Terrible Queen's opossum girlfriend, and newly installed ambassador, terrorizes beloved legitimate business man and flips his legitimate house.

Place your bets.

How/when will they die?

I doubt it, that would be too stupid. If she wreaks him/his entire mob then everyone he has forced to work for him/owe him/being blackmailed/etc will revel in the chance to get rid of him.

im really excited to see if morbid improved his fighting scenes.

Yeah, shit is about to hit the fan. Poppy doesn't play this spy game shit, she's a sledgehammer.

Job, help the opossum population. Scumbag birds threatening opossums. Sounds like the path is clear.

I really hope she literally flips his house

>guy possum
snopped spine by trenchcoat sheep
>girl possum
suicides alone in prison, forever traumatized by the loss of guy possum

t. very good at fantheories

also, is this gonna be a solo mission or is anyone going to join poppy?

Chicadino already said he was smart enough to not want to fuck with Poppy if he can help it. Doing something like that seems like the exact opposite of such a plan.

>Petunia reads the letter.

Oh nobody would survive.

Time for some Lethal Weapon. Crazy Cat and the Opossum getting too old for this shit.

Not to want to fuck with her when she was nobody hanging out in a little two horse town.
There's a difference between not poking a sleeping bear when there's nothing to gain from it and poking it when there's a bunch of jewels inside it's cave.

peacefully in their sleep after many years of living happily together after Poppy rescues Charlie.

>many years
hahaha
what like 10?

This makes me wonder, Lucky Stars commonly seem to have associated weaknesses. Kit's renders her functionally blind, Boris' is prone to "deflation spirals", Valente's denies him access to healing magic... I wonder if Little Birdy would render the user vulnerable to being caught out by loud and painful noises? Could someone really inconvenience Chicadino by simply, say, unexpectedly setting off an explosion right next to a particularly durable item that he'd "bugged"?

Actually giving Poppy a reason to literally flip Chicadino's house and possibly also literally punching him into the next country seems extremely risky for someone so dedicated to the "legitimate businessman" act.
It's one thing to put yourself into calculated danger, but it's another to swat the sleeping bear on the nose as hard as you can and then hope you can outrun it.

>hahaha
>what like 10?
Yes. A long time for Opossums.
Just let me have this one. They deserve their smiles back.

Harley is waifu. Poppy should murdalize the fat bird for making her cry.

>always always ALWAYS listening
dude should be careful what he touches though

Hey, Chicadino touched Poppy, Whoops!

opossum

This is going to turn into one of those situations where she doesn't tell ANYONE and tries to take care of it herself. Only to have it all backfire in the end, isn't it?

Fuck, I hate that trope. At least try to get help, if no one believes her/doesn't want to get involved I can understand.

Chicadino touched Petunia. She can't join the fray because she's compromised.

There's no telling what Chicadino has gotten his hands on. I'm surprised he's told anyone the details of his ability, though. It seems like the sort of thing you'd keep a closely guarded secret.

yes, so are charlie and harley
besides he didn't touch her...

...when tthey first met, that is
does it count if he touches her with his cheek?

The cheek wouldn't count, since Poppy is anti-magic

The coins might count

>does touching her count as touching

Captcha: calle calle

dunno, owning every single tile and rock he steps on might be going a little bit overboard
there's gotta be a limit on what touching means

Hope she spent those coins at some point because they could easily be a Chekov's gun.

Maybe that's the inherent drawback. He owns every single thing he touches, which means he's constantly getting information from every floor tile he's ever walked on, the water he showered with three years ago, a fruit peel he discarded but technically touched, etc. That's why he needs the giant dedicated team to take care of it all.

i want harley to

She knows her dude is already dead.

Muthafucka's OP as hell...

>hears his daughter having sex because of his lucky star
karmas a bitch you piece of shit

I'm really digging this OP as fuck powers thing

...he's gotta die.

I see posts in these threads about how the storyline with Kit and Poppy was dragging the comic down. I only got into this comic because of that storyline and I thought it was really cute. Is it worth reading all of the "more serious" stuff all the way through? How long is it? How long would it take to read the entire comic from the start?

This comic isn't even that long
You can blow through it all in an afternoon

probably an evening
the early arcs are good because there's action going on in them

This. Sometimes you just have to kill a bitch because his powers too stronk

It's about 250 pages right now, so you could get through it in a couple hours, perhaps.

woah Poppy

>expecting anything good to happen in morbi's shit

why are you setting yourself up for this

Yes. Not that long. The longest chapter is like less than 40 pages, most are much shorter. Maybe a day or two depending on how much time you devote to things like this.

What's this thing about possums being used for blood transfusion to remove magic cancer wis there any proof to this or is it just a fan theory?

>it's a morbi gets out of the shit-tier SoL phase of the comic and more poppy beating the shit out of things
finally

exactly why he would bring her along, for the hi-jinx when they realize that poppy cant talk or he knows their battle plans

>probability this is a trap or chico knows about it already and is planning on poppy doing something reckless and will use it against her to remove her as a problem

?

i'm thinking 95%

>sets up a trap
>it doesn't work since Poppy just bursts through a random wall like the kool aid man

Or spreading lies about their battle plans.

Maybe she's intentionally doing a minor violation to cover up the massive one she's doing. They'd be pissed at her trying to get help finding her husband but they're do far, far worse to the both of them if they saw what was on that letter.

Art was so much better back then

Didn't Chicadino already say that messing with Poppy wasn't worth it because of her being one of those dangerous 'force of nature' type of people

It really wasn't.

He had more backgrounds, and the flatter artstyle suited the cartoony faces.

Again, really not true.
The number of backgrounds hasn't changed, we get a few decent ones for every establishing shot and then simple dialogue panels get something more abstract.
The artstyle isn't flatter either, it uses the same cel shading as it always has.
The only real change between that page and a more recent one is that the lineart has become cleaner and more consistent.

I'm a genwunner and my opinion is more valid than yours.
The original first chapter is the fucking best and you need to fuck off.

He did. Now Poppy is gonna be in his way of taking over the Fenneclands due to her relationship with Kit and her job as the opossum ambassador.

>Morbi moves to Seattle, not knowing what he gets into
>delays mount
>bleak as hell
>it just goes on and on and on
>finally some decent spring whether breaks through the clouds
>suddenly plot progression

It's Seasonal Affective Disorder in furry webcomic form.

>Not living beneath the clouds and accepting them as your true lord

would her touching them neutralize the magic though?

I read the whole thing in 3 hours with some backtracking and contemplation, and it's only had like 12 updates since my binge read.

>250
What, there's 319 pages, and only a handful are non story.

Hm.
Re reading Poppy in light of this. Didn't realize the guard is playing darts at a picture of Chicado initially. Also forgot about this joke, a simple one, but it really sold me on the comic.

I'm probably gonna get some goldfish comments for this but I can't be arsed to go archive diving right now. Was it ever noted/did anyone in-universe ever ask how he knew what kind of pie it was despite Poppy not mentioning that in his presence, or was it just a dropped plot thread/longrange foreshadowing thing that morbi loves to do?

that gets addressed in literally the next one or two pages

Poppy calls him out and then Chicadino basically gloats about his Lucky Star.

Ah, yep, there it is. Was a major plot point and everything.

In my defense, it's been three fucking years.

That doesn't really rule out his Lucky Star.
In fact, it just reinforces it. He LITERALLY hears EVERYTHING that happens in the city.
So, what method are they using the block that out? They have some kind of filter, an entire room staffed with one can assume hundreds of workers full time just used to filter the sheer amount of information coming in.
That would be incomprehensible to anyone if he was always hearing that constantly. He must have some form of magical blocker to keep him from actually hearing everything going on.
Wonder if his blocker will get removed at some point. A bit cruel, but for someone as evil as Chicadicko I'd probably grin a bit as he goes insane from sensory overload.

Maybe he likes having that amount of input, and he'd be sad without it.

It would literally be incomprehensible. It'd be as if millions of people were all shouting in your ear at the same time, you'd be unable to hear yourself think.

how are lucky stars rare if almost every character we've met so far has one

They're important characters.
All of the many nameless background characters who aren't worthy of even being introduced don't have them.

5-10% of the population has some kind of lucky star. They're uncommon, but not that rare.

You're falling into the fallacy of thinking every character you see with powers is important.
Every character like that is important because they have powers. Not all the important characters have powers, and some of them don't have powers and are still important even. Not Lucky Stars at least.

Petunia for instance, is apparently a helluva fighter. Not sure where she lands on the powerlevel chart given we've only seen her S rank DDR and throw balls. And dislocate a jaw, but if that's as hard as she can punch she's not THAT strong.
Poppy could probably just outright kill most anyone with a hook to the jaw, or at least tear it off.

And on that subject, don't know how I missed the hints that she was in fact an ex fighter. I recall thinking this was just her blowharding about how "Well I don't know anything about this subject but here's how I would have done it" when she's actually saying "I was trained to do this."

It kinda has to, if someone's shaken his hand then he'd know, Poopy is immune to magic so she's the only person who can handle this.

Did Morbi say that?

Seems a tad high, either the world has a pretty low population or a LOT of stars are popping into existence. Granted, apparently lucky stars aren't necessarily that lucky, Crazy Cat Lady mentions one guy sneezes silver, which isn't the worst thing you could get, but that's neither practical nor fun, and I imagine not particularly economical given those must be tiny bits of silver and it's probably not fun for him to "farm" it.
Lucky stars can seem to cover any kind of concept, so for everyone who gets cool fire magic or mind reading other people are getting glow in the dark fingernails or turn anything you touch orange.

This is one of the problems with this type of set up you see often in similar ways like in DBZ/Jojo/One Piece/etc. When you have powerful characters and powerful villains/antagonists you have one up almost each time you introduce a new important character. Lucky stars are really just stand users/devil fruit people and they keep end up interacting with each other.
morbi said the lucky star that lets people hold their breath for somewhat longer than normal is one of the most common

Like, this isn't just exaggeration for comedic sake, she's moving so fast SlutNun didn't even see her hand.