Karen Gillan: ‘Now is the Time’ For All Female Marvel Movie

>Sitting down with Indiewire while promoting her new film Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle, Gillan spoke openly about how she and some of her female colleagues in Marvel Studios pitched the idea of an all-female movie:

>“Brie Larson was like, ‘We should go up to Kevin Feige and tell him to make an all-female Marvel movie,’ so we marched up there in a group, a whole herd of us, and said that to him. He was like, ‘Yeah, that would be amazing!’ but he didn’t really commit to it, but he thought it would be a great idea.”

>Gillan doubled down on the idea, saying that “now is the time, more than ever” for Marvel to try its hand at a female superhero ensemble adventure. She also cited the success of the Patty Jenkins directed and Gal Gadot led Wonder Woman, which smashed box office records around the world this past summer:

>“Look at the success of Wonder Woman. It’s clear that we all want that.”

It's time

Are you going to be on the right side of history?

>the absolute fucking state of MARVEL
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Now is the time for Karen Gillan nudes to leak

>Brie Larson was like
Fucking dumb bitch, I want to hatefuck her now more than ever

but there's no all male marvel movie

seems too late now
>Black Widow in MCU since decade
>SarJo in her gold
>doesn't get a movie
>random nigga jumps in latest films
>gets movie

>a single movie is the same as a big collab of several characters in one movie
An All-Female Marvel movie would be DC-tier in flops. Characters who have never met before, probably have no chemistry, and are low tier of interesting abilities/skills.

>all-female
>Marvel movie without a hunky guy
Can't wait to see how they figure this one out

There were all female team-ups constantly in the comics and I'd probably watch Gillan, Zoe and Scarlett in an action film together. If it had the Thor 3, wonky space adventure aesthetic, it could be kino.

Of course Sup Forums would cry about it though.

They will have all met post-IW thoug tbf
Although they have to come up with some reason to leave all the men (aka the most powerful ones) behind to tackle some foe together

Black Widow Cold-War/late soviet era spy drama would work.

>Black Widow in MCU since decade
>SarJo in her gold
>doesn't get a movie
>gets movie
What are you fucking saying? Try English next time.

Most all female teams in comics where complete shit, specially in Marvel. The only good one I can think of is when Misty Knight and Colleen Wing teamed up.

Gotham City Sirens and Birds of Prey however, were kino.

>Wahhh they were complete shit
Matter of opinion, point was that there is a precedent in comics so why OP thinks this is somehow a bizzare request is silly.

I doubt the Mouse is retarded enough to green light an all female cast after TLJ fucked up.

That is the only way a Black Widow movie can really work/be interesting. Go back before the scale of everything got inflated. The problem with it is that it doesn't move the overall MCU storyline forward, unless it brings/hints at Red Skull coming back

Are you foreign? Try thinking next time

The fuck does star wars have to do with it

Oh boy, a movie with all your favorite Marvel heroes' interchangeable action girl sidekicks together in one place for the first time.

aboulte worst feet ive ever seen

>SarJo in her gold
What the shit does this mean?
>doesn't get a movie
...because why? What? You mean a standalone?
Who? Black Panther?
>gets movie
You mean the Black Panther movie? Ok, what is your point though?

Christ, it's like you are actually retarded and trying really hard to speak coherently.

Only if the at&t girl shows up as squrriel girl and the villain is Hela. I will literally beat my meat all through the movie

this
so racist

Why would Gamorra and Valkyrie travel all the way through space to join Black Widow? Plus Valkyrie seems to be dead.

Nebula is getting killed off in avengers 3 anyway

Jesus fuck you wern't kidding

I'd watch an all-female Marvel movie, but only if every single character was played by Debicki

What the fuck has Ghostbusters 2016 to do with it?

That some Quasimodo looking shit

If they are all introduced to each other in IW, then the reasons don't really matter as much I guess, as to "why" they team up. You could do some half assed thing where they all are on earth post-Thanos or whatever

I want to sticki my dicki in debicki then licki her ficki

English version, for people unable to understand quick tags.
>Black Widow has been in Marvel Cinematic Universe for years, since begining.
>Scarlett Johansson's career is peaking. She is one of most wanted actresses of that time.
>Her character doesn't get a separate movie.
>Random supporting Black Panther character hops into Universe in latest movie.
>Gets own, separate movie.

I will indeed cry about it. Even if the movie is good. It's a matter of principle.

Honestly I wouldn't mind. What annoys me is when they insert a female character among men, and she is smarter and stronger than any other character.

HOLY FUCKING YUK, I'M ABOUT TO DING-DONG DIDDLY CHUCK

>Actress: It's time for me to exploit current political movements to make a lot of money.

Powerful

Captain marvel gets her own movie....and women still complain

>He thinks poor English is a "quick tag"
Also retard, Black Panther isn't some "random nigger" and has been leagues more popular than Black Widow in the comics. Widow just isn't super interesting on film, unless it is in a spy thriller, but how often can you rinse and repeat Winter Soldier? Black Panther has had a longer comic book run than Black Widow. Sorry that your obsessed with race. There are boards for that.

>pre-existing characters
>been around for decades
>it's "exploiting" because I'm an incel

Ghostbusters and the new Star Wars really didn't teach them anything, huh?

>so we marched up there in a group, a whole herd of us, and said that to him. He was like, ‘Yeah, that would be amazing!’ but he didn’t really commit to it, but he thought it would be a great idea.”

fucking based

>OCH AYE, WE WUZ STRONG INDEPENDENT WIMIN N SHET
>*PARP!*

>the new Star Wars is just as bad as Ghostbusters because it has 2 new female side characters! Omfg can you even believe that????!! When will the madness end?

What he fuck happened

>Gamora, Captain Marvel, Scarlet Witch, Valkyrie and Black Widow should team up!
>But why?
>BECAUSE OF THEIR GENITALIA

How is it not exploitation when she's gonna profit off this to the tune of millions of dollars?

It's corporate feminism. It's a joke

The patriarchy!!

Nothing bad about it desu

>How is it not exploitation when she's gonna profit off this to the tune of millions of dollars?
You mean, how acting contracts work in a free market society for a film product?
>corporate feminism
Nice new buzzword you got there.

WEWWWWWWWW she has not aged well

>all-female Marvel movie
>quippy, has bad pacing, shoe-horned plot and villain
>Chris Hemsworth as funny, dumb hunk sidekick

>literally Ghostbusters 2016

Yeah try it, see how it goes

Yes, please oversaturate the market with feminist flicks that will start bombing so we can all end this much sooner

>Marvel
>making a movie that bad
18 films in now, faggot.

>Nothing bad about it desu
Pretending it's not about personal enrichment is what's bad about it. Of course she wants an all-female marvel movie. She'd get higher billing and way more money.

>a free market society for a film product?
If people don't like it and it bombs is that the free market or is that sexism?

>Nice new buzzword you got there.
>Terms I'm too dumb to understand are buzzwords.

For people like you who complain any chance you get about "feminist" films, what happens when it ends? In your imagination, what exactly does that look like? No more women in film at all? If you're going to bitch and moan about films you don't even have to see, what is the alternative?

her one weakness is men asking for her number and raping her with their eyes

The idea itself isn’t THAT bad. But Marvel/ Disney should run research on how the idea would perform on today’s audiences & how it should be done. They already have developed strategies after those Avengers’s film. But even THAT needed some times & efforts to reach where it’s at right this moment.

They won't even try it. Feige knows it's a stupid idea, he's just giving them what they want to hear There will be female led Marvel movies, but not a stupid team up that has no reason to exist except for the characters being female.

i m an IT guy, for me it's all about tags.
sorry, my bad. i assumed that every member of modern socieity is able to understand meaning by reading just key words, looks like i was wrong. sorry again.
thx, there is still hope

films being made with women, not films being made because there needs to be films made about women because IT'S 2017

>If people don't like it and it bombs is that the free market or is that sexism?
Yea, that's the free market. Nu-busters bombed, that rebooted franchise is dead.
>Terms I'm too dumb to understand
Lol sure, that's why I am making fun of you, you're just too le smarty for me ((((tips))).

> Implying comics popularity means shit for the MCU

The Iron Man movies saved Tony Stark as a comic character.

They could have easily made a Black Widow movie if there had been the will for it. The comic character is as old as Cap, so they could have made a cold war spy thriller with her, even throwing in a Nick Fury origin story on the side for good measure.

Jesus Christ.
I don't who's are worse.
Hers or Kristen Ritter's?

>films being made with women
So....now?

At least Kristen's feet are clean

Just use proper goddamn English you dumb faggot. This isn't some crypto-blackhat forum or a discussion in Basic.

>he likes to pretend "female led films" are "feminist flicks" by default

> Implying comics popularity means shit for the MCU
It literally does when the point was "how popular is (A)?" Black Panther gets his own standalone first because he's always been more popular than Widow, even the buzz around his film is a good sign that there is a market there. I honestly can't see the same for Widow. She's kind of boring.

>Lol sure, that's why I am making fun of you, you're just too le smarty for me ((((tips))).
By focusing on the wordage rather than the meaning, yeah it makes you look like a dipshit. Corporations putting up this face of being so concerned with social justice is a joke man. It's a marketing ploy. "Drink Pepsi, it's the official soft drink of not hating black people"

Sounds like you're honestly just a nitpicky retard who cherrypicks what to get outraged at.

I don't get the people who actually enjoy these movies up until the point they do something like this. It's all pandering shit. All of it. I don't know what you've been watching.

Seems more like corporations trying to profit off of social trends, which they do all the time but now since it's about women and minorities, now you're asspained.

how do you even memes?

>now since it's about women and minorities, now you're asspained.
No I hated Coke trying to pretend they gave a shit about the ice-caps melting with their polar bear commercials. You dont know me faggot

>now he's trying to look less retarded by going "b-b-but maymays ;)"
You don't belong here. Or here, I'll say it in a way you can read, in quick tag bro!

>u fggot
>no want here
>kys

I bet you made just as many Sup Forums threads...

I didnt make this one

Get it together, tumblr. I'm sure your daddy dom will text you back eventually

I'm fine with an all female marvel movie if it's an R rated flick with Scarlett Johanson as the only actor

now u talk liek u should

Lol I'm Tumblr now?

This has actually bugged me, I feel an early MCU Blackwidow movie could have been great, but if it happened today it'd be guaranteed to be a STRONK WOMYN quipfest

Dont try to deny it.

>We should go up to Kevin Feige and tell him to make an all-female Marvel movie
>tell him
this is how it ends

I am denying it, now what faggot? Gonna cry some more?

Wouldn't mind as long as there is a lot of barefoot shots and some femdom type stuff thrown in.

For what purpose

>her response

she should've just called the TSA guy for being inappropriate in the workplace because you don't shit where you eat

No I'm gonna feel smug as shit knowing that you know that you just lied

>all female executives destroy Star Wars
>all female movie will destroy the MCU
Pottery.

You always were

It's gonna be so weird when Shazam comes out and people get confused as fuck about whether or not Captain Marvel is a guy or a girl

There is nothing more I'm looking forward to.
Hope upcoming Avangers is TLJ-tier shitfest for MCU.

The problem is that marvel doesn't currently actually have any female characters that could carry a movie like wonder woman can. Solo or team movie.

So what? The green chick love interest with 10 total scenes in two movies from guardians teams up with the redheaded assassin space filler character with no actual personality from almost every phase one movie and also a chick from the latest and memeiest thor movie? Who gives a fuck?

Want me to be interested in a female lead? Get a character i care about. One of the xmens female cast or even Gwen Stacy if we're desperate. Someone who wouldn't make me go "who!?" When they announce the movie.

WW worked because she's a badass, has a great theme and consistently steals the scene. None of thosenbitches in Marvel's current lineup can claim that.

>don't criticize me or I'll call you Tumblr
Woah.

>any day now!!! R-r-r-right??

Fuck off, nigger, it's has a literal Admiral Tumblr.

Man can dream.

>feeling smug over a made up Tumblrina that I literally am pretending exists just to give myself a "win" on Christmas