OHNONONONONO

OHNONONONONO

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xa6rq9bZCrY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

When did "emotional dishonesty" become such a buzzphrase? It can mean pretty much whatever you want it to mean.

the one criteria i have for futuristic science fiction: honesty

>character says he'll be useful
>isn't
>but this isn't the dishonest film
Nice iPhone thread

I loved both

They both obnoxiously loud sounds and were both the best cinema experiences of the year

I don't even know what it means.

>current trend of synth cords and neon lights
How is it a current trend if it's been ongoing for like 30 years?

I get this a lot with movies. They can sqeeze emotion out of you with the right combo of music and shots, but in the overall context of the story, the emotion wasn’t earned. It was just teased out of you. Same with how music can make you feel a certain energy, even when it’s just being formulaic and painting by numbers.

While this is a valid criticism, it can also result in a dismissal of sound design in film. Unless you want to go back to the era of silent films, it's hard to avoid that sort of thing without a movie sounding very trimmed down. No Country For Old Men does an excellent job with a minimalist soundtrack, for example.

>ReviewScrew
AAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

>This is what cape shitters actually believe.

This is some straight A projection right there.

Because it's a buzzword used by emotionally dishonest people.

Sort of like Star Wars 3. The "sad" parts are only sad because of how good Williams' soundtrack is.

>When did "emotional dishonesty" become such a buzzphrase?

Around the time La La Land was released

Not really.

OH NONO NO NO NO NO NO NO NGHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHA

>16 followers
HAHAHAHAHA

>the only person to fight against the tfa cancer when we were being attacked
based review screw

Based

He was

this is embarassing, go fish for your 17th twitter follower elsewhere

Fuck off blade redditor

Image replies like that have stopped being valid or any kind of argument since phoneposting became a thing, my dear review screw faggot

Lol fuck are you even talking about. You’re salty deal with it and I’m not even the guy in the OP you schizophrenic retard

cry more disney shill

go back to your degenerate twitter cave

Exactly

based

faggot

This guy a literal who that has 16 followers, yet everything he says is posted here

Just stop samefagging you twitter whore, it's beyond embarassing.

go back to Sup Forums or whatever board it is you crawled out of to ruin Sup Forums

JUST

I'm convinced this guy just browses Sup Forums and posts everything he does in an effort to gain followers, which clearly isn't working

>The illusion of an ACTUAL film
What a stuck up twat.

You can atleast be a bit less pathetic with your shilling, it's fine posting your dumb capeshit images here but posting "Based" replies to yourself in every single thread you make (about yourself) is like I said beyond pathetic.

>Legacy
I don't even remember any of the characters in Dunkirk or what happened in it.

his star wars "reviews" single handily saved Sup Forums. if these mongrels were allowed to run around freely as they did then people would be calling last jedi film of the year

>16 followers
Quit spamming your twitter here you pathetic faggot

he's wrong, both are crap

>successfully crafting a modern Luke and Han friendship
uhhh what? Poe and Finn were two of the worst characters in the history of Star Wars even before TLJ castrated them

no one will follow you on your twitter you shilling whore, who cares about starshit

>men can be friends
>camarederie

This

>the movie I like is good because the one I don't is bad
Embarrassing.You literal brainlet can't even find an argument to defend an awesome movie. You should kys asap to be sadly honest.

Once review screw blows up watch Sup Forums try to claim him

It's kind of working since he conned 16 retards to follow his diarrhea.

i don't use twitter you fucking post election tourist
the fact that you weren't here for episode 7 and the damage it was doing is more than enough proof you don't deserve to post on Sup Forums

>hating on review screw

can this thread get any more reddit. his memes are patrician-tier

He's at 16 followers for months now

GO
BACK
TO
YOUR
TWITTER
FAGGOT

He took a break and seems to be back now

To be honest, they are two shits. The first one is boring and nobody cares about WW2 american hero.

Both are fine movies we don't need to pit against each other, not when there's far worse out there which is getting away without enough criticism.

Based review screw

Fair enough

Nice

It's actually funny when ppl claim Nolan is some great artist when all he does is copy classic Hollywood directors. Anyone who praises Nolan as a visionary or something new knows next to nothing about film

Imagine having an opinion this shitty

reminds me of:
youtube.com/watch?v=xa6rq9bZCrY

he had to double down on his initial criticism of the blade runner 2049 trailer, that said, he still seems like a cool guy

Interstellar is literally a crater-brainlet's 2001:ASO

>pain and gain
much better than expected, best micheal bay movie by a fucking mile

Dunkirk was terrible though.

Dunkirk is certainly a sight to behold on 70mm IMAX, however its wafer-thinness becomes more and more clear upon repeated viewings, particularly on a smaller screen with a less impressive sound system. From there you can recognize fairly quickly that all the film really has going for it is a mostly competent cinematographer, some clever editing and Hans Zimmer's score, the latter of which finds its apotheosis in Zimmer's far superior score to Blade Runner 2049.

I must say, I find it rather baffling to see Malick's name brought up in some discussions of this film. While its pregnant silences and amorphous characters might smack of Malick, upon closer examination one comes to the realization that these silences are not an invitation for contemplation (as the film does not at all pose any existential or phenomenological questions about humanity and war a la The Thin Red Line) and that the shapeless characters are not so much a deliberate reflection of the inhumanity of war as they are a byproduct of Nolan's perplexing inability to write human characters with any sort of depth.

Probably the most overrated film of 2017.