Why don't earthbenders just pull people underground and instantly kill them?

why don't earthbenders just pull people underground and instantly kill them?

Other urls found in this thread:

rufftoon.deviantart.com/art/Iroh-Notes-03-54458151
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Even though ATLA was enjoyed by teens and adults, its still a kids show. Next question

you can't use the kids show excuse when it makes every character in the universe seem very fucking stupid
I hate korra as much as the next nigger but the way they suffocated the queen with airbending was great

Why doesn't fire disfigure people instead of knocking them down in the show, save for Zuko? Answer:

Why does Toph have the worst hair style?

What makes you think most Earthbenders would want to kill people? If it's war fine, but it doesn't make a lot of sense to just murder someone in a fight.

>in the time before the avatar, we bent not the elements, but energy itself...
>the first firebenders learned it by studying the dragons

>cut to korra season 2 beginnings
>the time before the avatar
>I'M GONNA GO GET FIREBENDING FROM THE LION TURTLE XD
>not a dragon in sight

what did brykike mean by this?

>not a dragon in sight
wut

Cuz there is no kung fu move that motions pull people down an kill them.

WUSHU 101 DO YOU EVEN SOUTHERN STYLE?

why compete with op on sucking cock?

you know I always imagined that if a skilled earth bender went nuclear they would just create small crevices in the ground where their targets was about to step and then snap their ankles. Break his root, as the saying goes

They try to smooth that over by making "The power of _____" distinct from bending. The former is the ability to harness the elements, while bending it the martial arts aspect (which was learned from the dragons).

It's dumb, but they did try to address it.

Well, you know how we can access a keyboard because you have fingers?

If you wanted to use it for something useful e.g. coding, you'd still need to learn how to do it.

I assume because she doesn't care to do something extravagant with her hair, so she does it in the simplest way possible.

apparently not cuz wan could firebend proficiently the moment he was given it. the only way aang could get more than a spark was by seeing the dragons themselves

We basically saw Toph do just that, only for the purpose of making the Boulder do the splits.

kek, the comics are actually pretty good

They adressed it on the art book.

Its forbidden by the rules of war, it is a taboo, like removing air from lungs.

It is how Iroh s son died.

apparently some new pages from Turf Wars the Korra comic leaked a week ago, anybody got em?

Would you a Toph?
I would a Toph

what art book is this

I would've fucking burned Ba Sing Sai to the fucking ground. Every earthbender would be dead and the inner city pillaged to all fuck.

You broke the rules of war, now I can too. Iroh pussied out.

Why don't Airbenders collapse everyone's lungs?
Why don't Firebenders boil your blood or just make you combust?
Why don't Waterbenders just rip out your fluids?

>Why don't Waterbenders just rip out your fluids?
Bloodbending is a thing you can only do at a particular time unless you're in LoK

is there any smut where someone waterbends semen?

That Earth General did it to Katara in one episode.

ADRESSED FUCKING HERE

Who the fuck cares about Korra?

I would her feet

me

War having rules will never not be retarded

real life is pretty retarded, yeah

War had rules since its creation. One rule was never to burn fucking crops unless its a raid or to kill women/children (Because they are useful).

Posters like you will never not be retarded.

This. You do what you must to win/not die. That Earthquake may have saved many more potential lives compared to what may have been lost if they kept fighting.

I guess they consider that a taboo move, like how waterbenders abhor bloodbending.

>Kept fighting
>Millions more died over several decades
Iron conquering Ba Sing Sai would've ended the war and he would literally become the next Fire Lord.

(semi)World Peace was right there. That Captain prolonged the war and made million more suffer.

>War had rules since its creation.
You're fucking stupid and full of shit.

Not only that no Korra so that captain really screwed the pooch on this one.

>Avatar thread
>Not posting Korra

What went so wrong in /co

Peter von Hagenbach is laughing at you.

why does Sup Forums still talk about it so much? it ended a decade ago. let it fucking go. let's get back to discussing superheroes from the 40's for crying out loud.

how are women and children useful?

also,

>the point
>your head

NEVER ADDRESSED IN SERIES. Doesn't fucking matter.

Not sure if this question is serious or just retarded.

>why don't airbenders take all the air out of their lungs?
>why don't waterbenders just remove the water from their body?

Why doesn't Batman rape the Joker?

Yeah you think that until you're melting from the inside slowly due to breathing mustard gas. There are things so horrible that they should just never be used.

You take that back you dirty sandbender!

>Children aren't child soldiers or tools used for harvesting/slaves/rape tools.
>Women can't be used for labor and increasing your population.
Are you serious?

>Why fire benders increase the heat of enemies body until they melt

Who is this?

>why dont waterbenders use sewer water or something similar as a form of biological warfare

Best ship.

Daily Reminder that ATLA should have ended not with Aang using the Avatar State, but with Aang defeating Ozai with superior bending ability because he's internalized the meaning and spirit behind the four elements through his journey

I'm sure there are loads.

Didn't an earth bender do exactly that with katara to force aang into the avatar state? Granted he brought her up before she died, but still. Also, why the fuck are there forbidden usages of bending in a war were the enemy literally immoliates the opposition? Fuck ethics, if I have to quicksand or pop a motherfucker's lungs with water to prevent being set on fire then I'm doing it without a second thought.

Foggy swamp style seems to be the closest we get to that. Swamp water can be really fucking filthy.

what's the appeal of the joker?

oh my gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwd

this

Yeah i know.. i want to cum all over those abs.

Allow me to go full sperg/autist here but I could never get into the Avatar series because of one thing; Fire bending does not make sense. All the other styles are limited in some way, water benders need liquids nearby by to bend, earth benders need to be near earth, air benders need the air. Fire benders? Nah they just magically create it. For a series based around bending elements the Fire bending is more like fire summoning then anything else. And if the excuse is 'oh they make the fire generating heat' then wouldn't it be heat bending?

SHYAMALAN YOU FUCK I RECOGNIZE YOU GET OUT

>being this fucking autistic
jesus christ

If you wanted to go full sperg, you should actually go full sperg and consider that none of the bending rules make sense if you thought a bit harder

LoK has a character that uses water as arms, arms that can manipulate things, and can even hold her own body weight

TO be fair I do like the characters, the story and the direction of the fighting but every time Fire bending reared it's head it just triggered part of my brain that said 'it is breaking its universes own rules here'.

I don't know maybe it is because of years of playing pen and paper rpgs and being called out on it a few times that I have such a issue when a show/game breaks its own established rules and laws.

I blame Korra for this, it is around Korra when the rules of bending collapse in on themselves with metal bending being introduced and the myriad of questions that brings up.

Wasn't Metal Bending introduced in ATLA

It was but only briefly towards the end because it was built up as a hard to master skill that existed more as a semi-legend, much like blood bending and lightning bending.

LoK made it quite common.

>t. people who've never been to war

That picture is a piece of fan art. The artist has drawn some licensed AtLA stuff too, but that particular picture portrays the artist's personal headcanon, it's not official, and it's not in any of the art books.
rufftoon.deviantart.com/art/Iroh-Notes-03-54458151

Because other benders could easily pull similar OP shit and you will end up with the whole world depopulated?

So you are a big bad Earthbender who pulls people underground? Well too bad, because the big bad Airbender prevents air from entering your lungs. What now?

Wars having rules is essential to minimize damage on innocent civilians. It's about having a sense of humanity

t. m night shamalan

countries aren't really obliged to follow the rules of war, they only do so for diplomatic relations

Thank you for the only real response to that guy

Finally found part of the comic leak. Officially happening...

That sorta all goes out the window considering how they literally genocided the entire airbender race. Why the fuck should anyone still be following war rules after that?

welcome to last week

I had no idea. tumblr is throwing a hissy fit about it, but I managed to find the other part

Why haven't you killed yourself already?

how is this news? why is tumblr flipping out?

You shut your dirty whore mouth!

So if the leaders of a country try to commit genocide on a certain group of people, their entire country should also face genocide?
Please, never run for office or join the military.

I'm looking forward to seeing Mako's reaction to this.

they think anybody reblogging it is uber spoiling it and are going to somehow drive down the sales of the actual book. meanwhile, the info about them kissing was publicly known and stated by the artist atleast 5 times

because they're afraid people won't buy the comic if its made available online for free. people don't buy it, it gets cancelled. the artist in particular was upset because she said the kissing panels were important to her and she didn't want them to be seen before the comic was released.

also I'm not a tumblr browser, I just like to download pictures of hot waterbender grills

name one thing that makes Mako a non-cardboard character

the joke is going to be that he doesn't care or he already knew but bolin won't shut up about it.

he got to stay in all four of the finales

he can never, ever live up to the standard zuko set

Why? I wasn't commenting on the quality of his character, I just want to see how upset he'll be to discover that both his past girlfriends had such an awful time with him that they went lesbian instead.

>I just want to see how upset he'll be to discover that both his past girlfriends had such an awful time with him that they went lesbian instead.

Knowing Mako and how things ended with him and Korra (they very much care for each other but they're happy staying friends) this isn't going to upset him. If he didn't already know (there's an opportunity for a good detective joke in there) he'll likely be a little surprised, but it's been three years since he's dated either of them. There's no reason for it to upset him because he's not in love with either of them and with both Korra he had a mutual breakup.

this happened to me irl

Fire is generated through heat and Firebenders can channel their anger to produce enough heat to generate fire. Please don't go full science.

only modern firebenders, did you skip the firebending masters episode?

Shit I'm not denying it wouldn't suck, I just don't think Mako would get really angry or upset over it to the point he gets a verbal smack down from Korra or Asami, which is what I think people want to see because they're still hung up over what happened.