Could they save Soy Wars?

Could they save Soy Wars?

Other urls found in this thread:

cinemablend.com/new/Why-David-Fincher-Refused-Direct-Star-Wars-Episode-7-67427.html
indiewire.com/2017/10/david-fincher-star-wars-the-force-awakens-carrie-fisher-1201889664/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No, it's already dead

>Nolan
>Tarantino
>Fincher
lol no
>Villeneuve
>Scorsese
maybe
>Cameron
yes please

Nolan: I think so though his own style might conflict with the look of Star Wars and might feel weird.
villetelenovella: I don’t think so, while arrival and Blade Runner 2049 were great. I don’t think his style really fits, because he seems to make slower more thoughtful films with darker color palettes. Plus his films are really violent. All of that stuff would be cool in a Star Wars movie, but I don’t know if it would work with the tone of the rest.
fincher: similar to Villeneuve
Scorsese: possibly, he comes from the same generation of filmmakers as George Lucas and I think they’re friends so it would basically be like bringing back Lucas, but on the other hand this isn’t Scorsese’s area of expertise so I think he wouldn’t enjoy doing it and create something bad.
Tarantino: only if he does a side story involving characters that are more similar to Han Solo otherwise definitely not.
Cameron: probably, aliens, terminator, and avatar I think have a similar enough vibe to Star Wars that he might work out.

But ranking them I would say
Cameron
Nolan
Villeneuve
Fincher
Scorsese
Tarantino

Cameron is the best

Tarantino is only capable of makin his same movie over and over again so definitely not

Cameron would be the ideal man for the job.
>amazing visual effects
>great action director
>doesn't take shit from the suits or the actors
>can do whatever the fuck he wants because nobody will fire the director who made the two highest grossing movies of all time
>capable of actually creating strong, three dimensional female characters

cameron's prequel
>they get to naboo within 20 minutes of the film
>spend the rest of the film underwater looking for force treasure

pictured: the masters, the legends, the 6 best directors in the world. you may not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like.

>forceamantium

Disney would never let any of these guys direct their movies

the sphere of phantasmagoria?

This but unironically. James Cameron – the master of us all. The greatest director to ever live. I would uncover my head and kneel before him.

>tarantino star wars

No. Its over. The 7th killed it. No way to go back unless you kill everyone and start anew.

Fincher dida great job on Alien 3.

>QT directs Star Wars
>we get hot Twi'lek soles in the camera
Sign me the fuck up.

>could soy directors saved soy wars

>Rey and Finn spend 3 hours in one location just talking

Disgusting xenos with head tentacles. Cute. Ewwwwww.

>any of these guys
>soy

Do you understand what that meme means, newfag?

they find a secret temple and in it are unknown texts on the usage of the force, esoteric, beginning of time shit no one has seen before... except for jar jar...

Marty? Sure
Cameron? Maybe
The rest? Pure soyrectors

You can deny it all you want but this is what pure understanding of Sup Forums cinema language looks like kid.

Chad Villeneuve will eat you alive for calling him a soy boy

Still better than:
Catch them
stormtroopers open fire
Is it stupid enough ? No !
Tie fighters start shooting the place.
TFA was literally made for complete retards

ridley scott directs a cyberpunk OT sequel where luke's kid escapes the jedi academy disillusioned with the monastic approach to enact his own brand of jedi justice in the crime ridden underbellies of various cities with his loyal twilek jedi gf, chewbacca's daughter, han solo's son and 5 ewoks they picked up on endor

8 needs to have been a dream by Luke or Finn. a warning from the force on what could happen so in 9 they rectify it by making the right decisions and making an actual star wars movie without fucking up the lore and by not injecting their politics into it.

>part of the quebecois generation that welcomed all races to ruin it
>Chad Villeneuve
Fucking fly over plebs

>ridley scott

How about no? No he's lost it.

I actually think Shyamalan or Michael Bay would be fucking perfect for Star Wars.

>ridley scott
>lost
youre talking about the man and the legend. the director doesnt necessarily need to write the story. show me a director with better understanding of cinematography and pacing than scott. doesnt exist.

>Rey and Finn
Finn would get shot and killed in the first act.

You want a whole movie about Rey exploring the origin of the Force while C-3PO secretely kills the whole cast?

kek. point taken. i maybe would like that movie? sounds kinda litty

ridley scott did not "lost it"
he picks up bad writers & scripts
if you give him a good script he will direct a good movie.
ridley has been day one a director only guy. he never wrote a screenplay in his life.

I mean, it could be interesting as a spinoff, not as a main series movie.

that honestly sounds interesting but disney would never greenlight because it's not family friendly

test

Nolan and Tarantula are both soycore

nobody would save star wars you fucking retard. why do you retards keep pushing the narrative
>the directors had total control of the movie
you really think rian and jj had a real control over the films? you're fucking delusional. like, really fucking delusional.

Kennedy offered Ep 7 to Fincher.

>"I talked to Kathy about it, but I think that it's a different thing from... I don't know what Disney-Lucasfilm will be like."

>"It's tricky. My favourite is The Empire Strikes Back. If I said, 'I want to do something more like that,' then I'm sure the people paying for it would be like, 'No! You can't do that! We want it like the other one with all the creatures!'"

>"I always thought of Star Wars as the story of two slaves [C-3PO and R2-D2] who go from owner to owner, witnessing their masters' folly, the ultimate folly of man... I thought it was an interesting idea in the first two, but it's kind of gone by Return Of The Jedi."

cinemablend.com/new/Why-David-Fincher-Refused-Direct-Star-Wars-Episode-7-67427.html

>“I talked to [producer Kathleen Kennedy] about that and look, it’s a plum assignment,” Fincher says. I don’t know what’s worse: being George Lucas on the set of the first one where everyone’s going, ‘Alderaan? What the hell is this?’ Where everyone’s making fun, but I can’t imagine the kind of intestinal fortitude one has to have following up the success of these last two.”

>“That’s a whole other level,” continues Fincher. “One is that you have to endure the withering abuse of Harrison Ford and Carrie Fisher, and the other is you have to live up to a billion or a billion-five, and that becomes its own kind of pressure.”

>“You’d have to really clear your head, I think. You’d have to really be sure this is what you wanted to do because either way it’s two years of your life, 14 hours a day, seven days a week.”

indiewire.com/2017/10/david-fincher-star-wars-the-force-awakens-carrie-fisher-1201889664/

Do me a favor and punch yourself in the head

>C-3PO secretely kills the whole cast

Denis is the best of the bunch, accept it

Tarantino Star Wars...

>rey's feet scenes
>people calling Finn a nigger out of nowhere
>Finn forcing Kylo to suck his dick
I don't know, could be fun.

Star Wars doesn't deserve to be saved. What should be saved is grand scale sci-fi and that's being worked on right now with so much more potential than Star Wars ever had.
December 2020 can't come soon enough.

>being this impressionable because of muh blade runner

faggot.

>could be fun.

if you're a cuck.

>Nolan
No. Star Wars is simply not his style and I think it would actually piss off fans more if he was brought on.
>Villeneuve
Honestly could see him actually directing a new and probably incredible star wars film...but only one film, and I don't think he'd want to go anywhere near the trilogy in its current state.
>Fincher
I dont see it working at all, just as I don't see Star Wars working with Nolan.
>Scorsese
I think he could absolutely make a Star Wars film...should he make a Star Wars film though? I'm not convinced.
>Tarantino
Absolutely fucking not.
>Jimmy Cameron
Think he's probably the best fit in terms of universe building and producing what is almost certainly a guaranteed hit (unless Avatar 2 bombs), but I think he's incompatible with Disney. Cameron has a reputation for being quite a difficult director to work with if people don't go along with his ideas, and I don't think Disney has that malleability. James Cameron is probably the only director today who's films are almost guaranteed to be box office hits, but if Star Wars is already making Disney money, why would they need to bring in James Cameron?

No. The problem isn't the talent, it's the culture. This culture is only capable of producing that movie.

Christopher Walken as Supreme Leader Snoke
>kylo.....pal.....my main man.....i used to know....your mother....and...believe me.....she doesnt sew

Leave Star Wars to me.

Villeneuve could do it but it would bomb. Everyone else would fuck up, especially Cameron and Nolan.

Gore Verbinski can

The "soy" was a reference to Star Wars not the directors.

I thought the force awakens was decent enough I wasn't expecting much but I was interested to see where it was going I wanted to see the sequel. I don't watch any hype shit online but I did get memed by TLJ trailer and thought it was going to be shit hot and quite dark, like the porgs in the trailer was something that had to go in because the film was going to be leaving the protagonists in their lowest worst point...bought tickets for midnight screening, left embarresed in myself for believing it was going to be a great film. When the premiere tweets were going out before id seen it I was laughing my ass off at this one tweet saying 'rouge 1 was better, dissapointed', I thought that sounds like dog shit he's talking trash there is no way in hell this film is going to be worse than rogue one. Well he was right. What a pile of shit, no point laying out all the issues because it's been said so ill just say the overriding factor for me worse than anything was the constant childish humour, dialogue and terrible script. I expected a bit of the humor, my least favourite scene in the tfa was a CGI alien octopus attacking Finn it just felt really childish and out of place, felt very prequel-esque. I did not expect this straight from the opening scene, yo momma joke, let it slide then five minutes later more cringe inducing 'jokes' and this was just a constant throughout the whole sorry experience, amongst as aforementioned a generally shit of a movie.

How did they fuck it up so badly?
Why the fuck do they trust/use this hack Johnson with a main saga movie?
Was Johnson creatively stifled by Disney and because of the politics we will never truly know or is he just shit ?
Again with the politics of the business we will never truly know but, don't you think Abrams will be slightly seething at what Johnson has done ? It's fucked. I'm not very clued up on the industry I haven't studied film at college or anything so if anyone can speculate with me, would be appreciated

Denis

Prisoners is a masterpiece

There's only one man that can save star wars now.

Only good movie he's made is Leon

Villeneuve would be an interesting choice. It could be like Blade Runner 2049 but with the main character being a jedi trying to unveil a sith plot. More gritty than your usual Star Wars flick. One or two lightsaber fights, a couple cool uses of the force. Overall a story that's totally disconnected from the standard empire vs rebellion plot. I could dig it.

the fifth element, the transporter, subway, the big blue, taxi, taxi 2, taken, b13, wasabi

Nolan's allergy to CGI makes him impossible

Tarantino's too adult or "adult" for what's essentially a kid's story. Also probably too talky.

Villeneuve's and Fincher's styles are far too contemplative

Scorsese: maybe with the right script and the right team behind him

Cameron: if he and Kennedy could work together fruitfully, then yes.

>Nolan
>Tarantino
>Fincher
>Villeneuve
>Scorsese
yes
>Cameron
Fuck him an replace him with PT Anderson

execute order 67