Anakin Skywalker

What the FUCK was his problem, he literally had everything.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Q2-rurT_m7A
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>What the FUCK was his problem

he was a nutfuck who should have been executed by the Jedi. he betrayed jedi. he betrayed Palpatine. he was one of the shittiest characters ever.

Vader was meant as a side character but after plebs loving him most they had to craft him a shitty ass origin tale.

he wants a good girl but needs the bad pusy

>be a slave until you're 9
>be separated from your mother and indoctrinated by emotionless, celibate monks
>jedi treat you like shit because you're different (joined too late) and masters don't trust you (as seen in episode 1 where they judge him like a piece of meat)
>be told to suppress all your emotions
>be groomed by the greatest manipulator in the galaxy, and he's your only non-jedi friend and the only one that's not stupidly hard on you all the time for your humanly mistakes
>be given a god complex because you're told you're literally the chosen one and soon to be most powerful person of all time
>have nightmares about your mother suffering and dying, but be told by jedi to ignore it
>finally get the chance to see your mom
>she was tortured and raped and dies in your arms
>have to fight on the front lines of a galactic war for 3 years
>have premonitions about your wife dying the same way the ones about your mom came true
>freak out
>jedi still don't trust you, ask you to spy on your best non-jedi friend
>put you on council but don't promote you to master, even though you're top 5 strongest jedi in the galaxy, making you seem like a joke
>still turn in sith lord who promised to save your wife because of your loyalty to the jedi
>jedi don't trust you again and don't take you to arrest the most powerful villain in the galaxy
>go to help anyway and see jedi, who was a dick to you your whole life, about to break his own rules and murder a prisoner, fucking hypocrites
>see last chance to save your beloved wife, freak out in a split second decision and cut douchebag jedi's hand off
>now feel like you've fucked up so hard you have no choice but join the dark side, hey at least you can save your wife

Anakin did nothing wrong.

In A New Hope ? Because I don't see how he's a side character if he's luke Skywalkers father in the entire original trilogy

he knew he had everything, being considered the chosen one would fuck anyone up

well put, the story is good the problem is the actor / his lines made anakin very uncharismatic and unsympathetic and therefore very hard for the audience to identify with

He hated sand. He was driven to remove all sand from the galaxy

He felt like he abandoned his mother and couldn't be there to save her and the organization that took him in snuffed him, giving him more and more reason to distrust then, hating them for taking him away from his mother. Not only that but he has premonitions about padme dying and tells himself he won't lose another person he loves again and is willing to give up everything for her.

they only thought of making luke his son later on, they retconned it. In ANH there was even originally a scene where the Emperor refers to Luke as "the son of skywalker" while talking to Vader

everyone loves/loved him because at the time, there was never a space-robot-samurai character so everyone thought he looked badass even though now, 30+ years later, we can see his costume looks fucking plastic and shitty, even in rogueone, and he's basically a weak-faggot voiced by a nigger with barotone speech. it's faggotry all the way down and i'm tired of seeing these threads.

darth vader is not a good character. i didn't watch all of rogue one but i did check out his scenes on jewtube. the ending scene looks cartoonish, the way he holds his fist upward. also, the most powerful sith in the universe takes fucking forever to kill all those rebels, and he lets one of them get away with the plans? hard to suspend disbelief at that point. this is a guy who can force-choke anyone, but he lets those plans slip out of his hands, despite having chased it the entire movie. wtf.

Emperor doesn't even exist in ANH.

He wasn't made a Jedi Master

>put you on council but don't promote you to master, even though you're top 5 strongest jedi in the galaxy, making you seem like a joke
Why didn't they put him on the council?

that scene is in Empire Strikes Back, the same fucking movie where they reveal Vader is Luke's father

all this. sheev was his only true friend.

whatever nerds

Perfectly summarized. Anakin was driven to the Dark Side by a zealous desire to protect those he loved.

Imagine you were plowing this every night and she was even carrying your seed. If you found out she was going to die soon, you'd do ANYTHING to stop it.

his waifu was gonna die

He brought balance to the force, problem?

Are you fucking NUTS? Yeah, he had everything, before the Jedi ruined his fucking life.

On Tatooine he had a mother, friends, and a place he was valued for his technical expertise. He got to bring parts home to build things, and even got to podrace occasionally.
He may have been a slave, but I guarantee he was treated better than 99% of the slaves on that planet. He would have grown up, eventually been freed by Cliegg Lars along with his mother, had a family and siblings. And likely could have prevented his mothers and many others deaths by predicting tusken raider attacks. And they would have listened to him because Shmi knew he was special.

Instead the filthy Jedi took him from his home because of some horse shit prophecy (which eventually lead to their own downfall) and took everything from him. Protip, when he was talking to Padme about how much he hated 'sand', he was talking about how much he hated the Jedi Order.
If they had left well enough alone then Anakin could have grown up happy, and they may have actually been able to avoid their own destruction.

this
fuck black people

Sheev appointed him as his direct line to the Council, which is reserved for Master ranked Jedis.

The Jedi allow him a seat at the Council, but don’t give him the rank of Master, and ask him to spy on Sheev outside of the official Council setting.

He’s pissed and find it outrageous that he’s looked over and they have the audacity to ask him to spy.

Palpatine forced the Jedi's hand by requesting him be placed on the council, and council agreed as a political move to get anakin closer to him, to use him as a spy but palpy knew they would snub him and it made his placement on the council seem like a joke because they wouldn't give him the rank.

Which then angered him. He did everything they ever asked of him including fighting the war. They treated him like an idiot child and he rebelled.

Finally, someone explains this shit right. Anakin did nothing wrong.

he had the same problem that normie have.

They love to believe that their life is 100% resulf of solely hard work, its a way to denial that its all about genes lotter and luck and they were just lucky.

>Anakin could have brought civilization to tattooine.

That's kind of a neat what if.

As Obi Wan said that someone as young as Anakin being on the council never happened before.

>They dont know Sheev and Anny were the heroes

Justice is an absolute.

This.

Why would they not give him the rank?

They didn't fully trust him, because as the movies show, he's impulsive and unstable.

Old republic jedi were big on 'feats' to gain ranks etc. Even though he and Obiwan basically won the war single handedly, they felt he didn't earn that status.

Mostly master's tend to have wisdom which anakin lacked. Anakin was great at everything but they still didn't trust him which constantly rubbed him the wrong way.

What obi said though probably played a big part in it, he was just too young to be considered a master yet. I mean he went from padawan to jedi knight and then onto council in less than 4 years. In terms of career moves in Jedi Order he went straight to the top in a matter of 14 years.

Obiwan didn't even make Jedi Knight till about same time Anakin was given a seat on council, to give you relative terms of time = progression in the order.

>he literally had everything.
He didn't have the high ground

Too soon man.

>he literally had everything

yes and he was very afraid of losing it all

Because Anakin was around O-3 age and he's demanding that he be made colonel or general

This.

Anakin suffers from the same problem Shinji does in Eva. He's a kid that had a hard life and there's consequences to having a hard life. People constantly whine they want to see a realistic person, but when you give them one, they bitch and whine.

It's depressing and nobody wants to pay good money to be depressed (except woman for some odd reason).

Ridiculously bad writing.

Mace Windu?
More like Mace Dindu
>ooga booga purple light saber because grape juice

unironically the best thread on Sup Forums

>part ti-

>...the emperor dissolved the Senate...

Fucking ace.

That's all well enough, still doesn't explain him killing fucking kids minutes later after joining the dark side, my biggest problem with the prequels.

Basicly this! Anakin did nothing wrong. Its pains me how neckbeard muh jedi nerds cant see behind bullshit that is jedi order.

>Vader was meant as a side character but after plebs loving him most they had to craft him a shitty ass origin tale.
This. One of the biggest mistakes of the prequels was making it about the story of Anakin for no reason.

He was going to spare them but then one of the kids called him Master Skywalker which reminded him of how he wasn't made Jedi Master which pissed him off and so he killed the younglings

The prequels were about Sheev's rise to power

Because he was a living linkin park song

The PT’s MC was Obi-Wan, same as Luke being the OT’s MC. Anakin/Vader is the overarching protagonist in all of the six movies, but he wasn’t the main character in neither trilogy.

>youtu.be/Q2-rurT_m7A

Used to think he was just edgy also.

He wasn't a big boy for the older jedis, becoming an extra edgy teen.

Anakin loved Obi Wan though

Until he literally tells Obi Wan I hate you on mustafar. Did you see the movie

Then why was he jealous of Luke in the OT

>Fuck man, watch how it moves with the wind..
>Yeah, he's gonna be the key to all this..

He thought his wife was fucking the scottish cocksucker

To me, it's one of the most believable scenes. He needs to gain access to the dark side, so he slaughters innocents, thereby using hatred of himself as fuel. Watch the scene again, it's literally the only convincing acting Hayden does.

So the killing younglings bit would be strangling Asuka in the pre-instrumentality kitchen, then.

>I KNOW, I KNOW I LET YOU DOWN

Actually a good post, though. I approve of anyone defending who is unironically the single best-written anime character of all time.