/who/ - Doctor Who General

her time edition

last:

Other urls found in this thread:

indiewire.com/2017/04/doctor-who-review-thin-ice-season-10-episode-3-recap-spoilers-1201810880/
doctorwhotv.co.uk/series-9-soundtrack-confirmed-for-release-in-2018-86634.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What's /who/ with you?

Chibbers will be worse than RTD.

Feeling purposeless

BUT IT WAS HIS TURN

Doctor Who is dead.

Why the fuck isn't he the one taking the show from Moffat?

He ain't got the chops!

he is one trick pony

Laughing at boardie tears, desu.

So I haven't been on /who/ since before the screenings started, how much did I miss?
At what point were the contents of the episode leaked? Did a camrip ever leak?

Someone catch her!

>brave soldier
>doesn't revel in murder at all and respects his enemy but knows what needs to be done for his country
>flirts with the Testimony
>courageously offers up his life to save someone he barely knows
>eventually raises the Brig
Why was Gatiss such a chad in this episode?

who? gattiss? gattiss is shit, at least chibnall wrote torchwood and broadchurch at least. what did gattiss write that wasnt like having teeth pulled?

oh vey

Of course there wasn't a camrip. Reddit had a thread for everyone to post the spoilers in though so they naturally started to get spread around.

crimson horror

Reminder that the all new and improved Kriscuck-less series of Death in Paradise comes this January.

indiewire.com/2017/04/doctor-who-review-thin-ice-season-10-episode-3-recap-spoilers-1201810880/

>Of course there wasn't a camrip
Back in the days of the S8 premiere early screening we had a camrip of the new intro, so it was certainly not out of the question that some video would leak

>mfw a section of the console literally broke off
Why is the TARDIS trying to kill the new Doctor?

Is Moffat genuinely having a midlife crisis

He's been obsessed with death and immortality all through 12's run

An Adventure in Space and Time.

>yfw the TARDIS will hate Jodie

NOUS

i concede

His mom did die during 12's run, so it's not without reason.
It's revenge for the Doctor destroying parts of the room with regeneration energy.

ÉTAIT

>the real Bill never found out the doctor survived

Wait. Lads I've figured out the plot of the first episode. The TARDIS has gone wrong and doesn't recognise 13 as the Doctor, so she will have to 'prove' herself similarly to how Smith did in Eleventh Hour when he stepped through the hologram.

Moff has always been obsessed with immortality. He never lets anyone die, even when he promised to kill off Clara.

Will Chinballs have the balls to write Jodie as a woman who identifies as a man?

And the series was better for it. Moffat finally hung up his moffucking.

>episode hammers down on not using old timey values when dealing with Womyn
>Doctor regenerates in the end and instantly can't drive her vehicle anymore, inevitably crashing it.

What did they mean with this?

He'll have the brain cells to not attempt it.

So, the Doctor has regenerated into a female, and I habe many concerns. First of all, I must emphasize that my problems are not with the gender of the Thirteenth Doctor. No, I, like many fans, am simply perplexed by the creative impuleses affecting the current iteration of Doctor Who and the motivations behind them. i shall elaborate on these arguments later on in this essay. 1/20

real Bill died as a Cybe

No, but I mean we had four characters become literally actually immortal

ÉTIONS

Bill is dead. "Heather", her, and Nardie are now part of Testimony.

Just watched the special, I quite liked it

Jodies voice made me diamonds, just like I thought it would

capaldi has detached a section of the console on screen before, it's not out of the question that he had detached that one at some point and did a shit job of tightening it

Is there a link where I can watch Twice Upon a Time online?don't want to download it

Absolute state of your show.

If fake bill was just constructed from the doctor's memories, how did it know that the heather shit had happened?

it was contructed from Bill's memories after Heather and her died

BBC

Quite. I'm ready for THE DIAMOND AGE as well.

Okay, but counterpoint:
>The doors opened by themselves
>The TARDIS faced itself towards the ground specifically
>The section that broke off conveniently happened to be the one she was holding on to
It really, really looks like it was trying to deliberately boot her out.
It could be that it was actually attempting to save her, rather than kill her, since the interior seems to turn into an inferno as soon as she drops.

I thought we agreed it was THE GLITTER AGE?

So is everyone though, but just their memories

The real Bill survived long enough to die a natural death apparently

>memories copied (not moved, but copied) into a new holder
Managing to make a clone of yourself with all your memories does not suddenly make you immortal, your consciousness doesn't just switch over. You dead.

>doors
you've got me
>tardis tipped over and gravity failed
pic related
>it's convenient
doesn't matter

I shall start by outlining my position. I have been a loyal fan of Doctor Who since the 80s when reruns aired on ABC. I have a large collection of Doctor Who memorabilia and I am a lifelong member of the Providence, RI Doctor Who Fan Club. Despite being a devout atheist, the adventures of the Doctor and his companions are the closest thing that I have to a religion. 2/20

I just downloaded it, it's been a great run but all good things must come to an end, time to watch the last ever episode of Doctor Who. I watched this from as a young child and will be sad to see this go. I also torrented so the beeb don't get any viewer ratings from me.
I have a bottle of whiskey ready to send off this show.

Haven't gone back and listened/was too drunk to hear it first time. Jodie did just exclaim "Bloody Hell" and everything started exploding, right?

Capaldi's regeneration was much better than Matt Smith's because they at least got all the sentimental bullshit out before he started. No Amy, No Clara, none of that.

fucking talalay and her fucking gopro shots ruining serious moments

please dont make 20 posts, just put this in a pastebin, its much more convenient that way since you can also post it to other sites and it wont clog the thread

>I identify as Kris Marshall you fucking shitlord.
>HELP! "She's" an imposter, I'm the real Jodie Whittaker! Help me, Bradley!

>Jodie did just exclaim "Bloody Hell" and everything started exploding, right?
She said "brilliant" in her natural accent

I'd hardly call her fate in The Doctor Falls a natural death.

Reading All-Consuming Fire. Great stuff.

Perhaps the TARDIS is sexually attracted to the Doctor and is now pissed he has a female body?
Just a thought.

She said "Oh brilliant!" when she saw her reflection

>Brilliant
New age of Fantastic boys

If Bill died in The Doctor Falls then so did the Doctor, since Bill is the one who brought him back with her new superpowers.

SERIES 9 SOUNDTRACK
NOT A MEME
doctorwhotv.co.uk/series-9-soundtrack-confirmed-for-release-in-2018-86634.htm

It clearly matters, Chibnall could have just had it spinning out of control and it would have had the same basic effect. Tipping face-forwards in mid air is a specific as fuck motion.
The way it moves in this shot almost makes it look like it's trying to shake her out.

>tfw Doctor Who could be the best it has ever been under set Chibnall and it will still be fan-fiction tier in my mind after Grilldoctor
Why have they done this? People didn't twist their arm that much, the "girl Doctor WHEN?" autism never amounted to more than a mild irritation.

Doctor Who has had many writers over its history, not all of them Republicans. Hearing different political voices in Doctor Who, even those which are objectively wrong, has rarely bothered me or other long-term fans. Yet, we fear that, notwithstanding Whittaker and Chris Chibnall's exceptional dramatic talents, that this latest twist in the Time Lord's saga was done for political and narrow-minded reasons, rather than for entertainment reasons. 3/20.

Moffat was worse than RTD.
Chibbers will be a shitton worse than both RTD and Moffat.

user is clearly copypasting a twitter thread of some kind. At least I hope so.

What are people put their collection of memories.
t. lesbian collection of memories like a dozen times

Fuck it.

Chibbers is going to make me miss Moffat, isn't he...
Fuck I hate Moffat too, this reminds me of George Lucas and Disney.

Maybe it was trying to dump her out to save her like the other guy said, since it seems to explode right afterwards
Could mean her first test as the doctor will be to save her Tardis

The TARDIS will be used as an audience substitute in the first few episodes of the next series.

She will hate Jodie to begin with with a passion because she isn't the male doctor that the TARDIS knew, but over those few episodes she will grow to appreciate the Doctor for the new person she is.

Unlike the fans most likely.

Calling it.

Fuck wait a minute
Is the reason that the testimony was able to generate copes of bill, nardole and clara because they were all fucking dead? Every companion of 12 died?
Why didn't missy show up? She was an honorary companion in S10

>Why have they done this?
Because once every 54 years. you are allowed to try something new in this series.

I wasn't talking about Testimony, I was talking about restaurant lesbians and water zombie leaving

Are you just trolling or do you just refuse to accept that she got Heather'd

Bill is still Bill, but she's not the original Bill. They made this very clear in the special, and to be honest, it actually improves The Doctor Falls for me.

it was already a copy of Bill

yeah, the "bill really died" meme needs 2 end

Bye bye Doctor Who, hello Doctor Whore.

To be fair, Missy is my favourite master. That might just be my dick talking because Michelle Gomez but I don't know

I think the worst thing they can do is dwell on it. Use it for jokes like they did with Capaldi's age when he was interacting with Bradley in this episode on occasion, etc.

Hell, use it as a strawman thing for time travel episodes if needs be, it's no different to Bill, Rose or any other companion being treated like that, just that the level of BTFO should be much grander.

It was a matter of time considering it'd been established in canon, and I guess it's more because of the cultural backdrop that it seems like a strange time.

Because the Master's not dead obviously.

I’m sure I read he was offered it but turned it down. I don’t think he’s ruled out returning for an episode or two in the future just not for chibnalls first series. Moffat will likely pop up again as well.

Testimony Bill is completely separate from magical water bullshit Bill

Everyone dies eventually.
I don't think it necessarily implies that they died as we saw them (e.g. bill copped it immediately after getting with heather). Since the ones that appear are constructed from memories, they could probably be 'rewound' to certain points in their life.

Testimony was a million years in the future, they should all have been dead by then regardless.

On a scale of one to ten how intoxicated were you when watching the episode? Also rate the episode please.

>"Does my butt look big in this?"

Jesus Christ Moffat what were you thinking

Watch it, Krissy!

RTD > Chibbers > Moffat

Ten-Inch > Eccles Cakes > Maggie Smith = Capaldinho > Forest Whittaker

>not being a teetotaler of superior principles

>ten at the top
no

id say I was sitting at a 4 on the drunk scale, had some liqueur chocolates and whiskey earlier
Rate the episode a 7/10

>When u break your hand fapping to TWAT's post-regen scene

Only just started, I'm at 3/10 but I suspect I'll be at least 8/10 by the end.