It's over right? We won?

It's over right? We won?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/text/30 years star wars last jedi canto/
youtu.be/ZQ8ir66M5XU
google.co.uk/amp/amp.nationalreview.com/article/454666/last-jedi-shape-water-juvenile-political-fantasies
birthmoviesdeath.com/2017/12/20/the-curious-case-of-the-last-jedi-and-its-rotten-tomatoes-audience-score
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Not until it's sub 50

>A beloved franchise from my childhood is ruined

I don't feel like I've won.

It needs to go lower

This guy gets it. This dumpster fire doesn't deserve 52%

dubs of despair don't lie

Won what? It's sad that Star Wars is going down the shitter.

there are no winners here. Star Wars got raped. Disney lost money. everybody got pissed off.

Shh user just keep hoping for a day when Disney fucks up so bad that they sell the franchise back to Lucas and he retconns all of this

Oh fuck off. The Last Jedi is the first good Star Wars movie in 30 years.

Lots of pacing issues and plot holes, plus character inconsistencies between various points in their character arcs, keep it from being great. I'm pretty sure you can cut the entire Canto Bight arc from the film and it'd be not only better, but no more confusing for the omission.

But it's still a really good film. The music and visuals are great, probably because this is the first Star Wars by an actually skilled director since George replaced all the talented people who worked on the OT. The core emotional arc between Rey, Kylo, and Luke works really well and everyone involved gives great performances. The action is really fun when it counts, like the opening with Poe or Luke's short but sweet duel with Kylo, despite the pacing dragging a lot during the second act.

Overall, I rate 86/100 - better than anything *since* the OT, but weighed down by too many plot and pacing problems to be on the level of the originals.

it was ruined with tfa

user, I feel you. Star Wars was my favorite thing as a kid, and even as an adult, but you have to accept that its dead now. This isn't about feeling good anymore. This is about revenge. Its about sticking it to Disney for killing our favorite thing. Nu Wars can get fucked.

>tfw i'll always be able to make normies furious by explaining how great TLJ is
Holy shit, fucking endless pleb bashing ahead. God bless Rian and the cumulative retardation of the general public.

hey my fellow RT (Reddit Trolls) what movie should we go after next? I think we should go UPVOTE predator 2

who's "we" and "won" what exactly?

We've successfully shown the mouse that they're not wanted and that they should stop shitting on Star Wars. Or will they just continue to pump shit out regardless?

LOWER.

this.

It's not audience score, it's Sup Forumstard score.

So do you actually get paid or do you do this for free?

>Episode X opens with the IX finale
>Luke wakes up
>It was all a dream
Can we meme this into reality please??

>Tripfag

This. It's about telling Disney "NO. We won't just accept anything you put out. You can't just shit out films with minimal effort and make a billion dollars. We won't tolerate it."

Nobody won.

It's not over yet. Have to wait until after Christmas to see if it stabilizes. It did great today. If it has another +60% drop this upcoming weekend thenyou can celebrate. As of now $1.5 billion is still a possibility.

how did MCU make 20 movies
where half of them are worse than TLJ
not fuck up as bad as this?

So the general public shitting on the film all over star wars own Facebook pages/Twitter are Sup Forums too?

Or is it you can't take that it was actually a shit film so you have to blame the boogeyman?

You can finally grow up.

This has actually worked on Sup Forums too. Very good (you) surplus this week.
POSITIVES
>far and away the most space-based star wars
>resistance plot is speed in space and pulls it off well
>despite being a woman with purple hair, holdo is a captivating character with plenty of shades of grey
>prequel trilogy actually gets some love in the canto bight sequence calling back phantom menace's tatooine act
>rey shows weaknesses and faults (actually fleshing out her character)
>kylo shows strengths and doubts about allegiences (actually fleshing out his character)
>luke has failed and this actually effects his plot unlike some superhero who is heroic for the sake of being heroic
>fucking puppet yoda
>the suicide run was straight out of my animes
>snoke was a chump and the twist that he really wasn't that important felt good since trying to make him even more evil than sidious would have just been embarrassing
>luke vs kylo
>fuck you, porgs are adorable, didn't effect the plot like ewoks, and were kept mostly in the background
>papabacca
>hoth's placement always bothered me by making the rest of the movie sort of anticlimactic, action-wise; krait at the end was a fitting 'final stand'
>the 'true' story of luke searching kylo, becoming horrified, and then resisting the dark side fits perfectly with his character and actually bridges the OT and ST unlike Han and Leia
>johnson (who i don't care for) actually broke the boring abrams/spielberg/cameron mold and inserted a good amount of panache in the direction

NEGATIVES
>finn and rose didn't do much to endear me to them
>luke's exit wasn't quite as centerplaced as I would have hoped

Overall, 7/10. 3rd best SW after ANH and ESB. It seems normies hated it because it made TFA pointless, which was good in my book because TFA was a pointless movie to begin with.

I hope everybody in this thread realizes this was posted by a Disney employee to make the film's poor reviews appear unjustified.

I wouldn't it was all Sup Forums but they definitely brought it down at least 10 points

>you can cut the entire Canto Bight arc from the film and it'd be not only better, but no more confusing for the omission
>86/100

I have trouble understanding the amount of brain damage you have to endure to rate a movie higher than 6 when you acknowledge that nearly 1/3 of it is complete garbage.

And I'm not going to bother explaining what is wrong with the rest because it has been done too many times already, and you're clearly a shill.

Nah, I'm a NEET lay in bed bored.

Now take your tinfoil hat and kys faggot.

I sure hope he's getting paid:

archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/text/30 years star wars last jedi canto/

>worse than TLJ
I hate Marvel too, but this shit was worse. Also, people expect a little more from a Star Wars movie.

>Mouse shills spamming this hard

>How did the MCU not fuck up ass bad as this?

because there's no real overarching plot so they can just keep going and do something else. Plus they have a large number of series so if people don't like one they can just axe it and keep going with the rest.

no, just let the franchise die already. Three Star Wars was just fine

Reminder that Nu-Star Wars (under Disney) hates you. This isn't something that I've made up in my head. There is real, genuine animosity between the people in charge of writing and directing Star Wars, and the fans. This whole movie was a middle finger to the audience. I don't know why Disney thinks its a good idea to insult their customers, but they do. Maybe it's an exercise in power. Maybe they think they can afford to do it because they're too big to fail, and you people will eat it up anyways. They think they have Star Wars fans by the balls, and you guys will turn up and see the next one regardless. We have to show them that they're wrong. The official Star Wars page has been mocking and arguing with fans in the comments section on Facebook. Pictures coming soon. We have to show Disney that no. They can't treat fans like this and expect to get away with it. Do not see Episode IX. Do not see the spin-off films. Disney doesn't care about reviews, as long as they make money. They'll just pay writers to publish articles calling you racist, or stupid, or a Russian bot, or a troll for not liking it. They won't change until it effects their profits. For this reason, we have to attack their profits. The next episode HAS TO fail. Otherwise, they're going to keep fucking us and assuming that we'll just bend over and take it. Boycott Star Wars.

Underrated

Sup Forums (Sup Forums, they are the same in this case) is the only place in the internet that hates TLJ. Every facebook/twitter/youtube pages that shit on TLJ are an emanation of Sup Forums.

You know it's true, everybody knows it's true.

Same thing with Star Trek Discover, with JL, with WW.

>getting unequivocally btfo by visual-enhanced facts is mocking
Warner Bros shills, everyone.

>Arguing with fans on social media

>Luke refusing to kill his father because he believes there is still good in him
>Luke tossing his father's lightsaber over his shoulder for a cheap laugh after audiences waited two years to see his reaction
>Disney and this shill think these are the same event

>mfw Star Wars has lost its fucking mind

>Sup Forums (Sup Forums, they are the same in this case) is the only place in the internet that hates TLJ. Every facebook/twitter/youtube pages that shit on TLJ are an emanation of Sup Forums.
>You know it's true, everybody knows it's true.
>Same thing with Star Trek Discover, with JL, with WW.

>TLJ
>huge drop in second week viewing and biggest critic-audience approval gap
>JL
>barely making predicted gross while featuring three of the most famous superheroes of all time
>only hated here on Sup Forums

I think RT will be forced by Disney to act if it gets to that.

>everyone that dislikes TLJ is a nazi

This is why no one likes you people.

Starwars hasn't been good for over 30 years get the fuck over it

you know I hate Sup Forums as much as the next sane guy, but your comment is full of shit

I'd rather have it all burned down then anyone enjoy it anymore.

Either a Nazi or an idiot. It couldn't possibly be that normal people saw the movie and fucking hated it because it shit all over Star Wars. That's just not possible! You must be stupid or racist! Disney can do no wrong. Amirite?

This

Let's burn it down. Two years is long enough to stage an absolutely massive boycott of episode IX.

>I hate Sup Forums but...

>reddit manchildren brigade RT because their manchild theories didn't come true
Pathetic.

won what exactly ?
you people need to get laid

Jesus Christ, just kill yourself already you abhorrent dickhead

I'm on board. If I am too stupid or going to be called a nazi for not liking TLJ, I do not want to be subjected to a rehab camp or death for not liking Episode IX.

>dinsey Luke is actually Luuke and real luke has been a heroic jedi for the passed 40 years

Oh yeah, it was all a raid by manchildren on the website. Nevermind that RT themselves said it was legit, the mediocre box office performance, pathetic merchandise sales, social media panning, and dismissal as a soulless toy commercial by literally luke skywalker himself.

>the force is female

typical,females making everything about them. Men have never implied that the force is male or has masculine traits before and yet somehow they take it and politicize it.

These. We need to make liking Star Wars as uncool as liking Nickelback. Fuck Disney.

not sure if bait or legitimately retarded

The guy should have replied back:

>no one cares about Finn

He didn't even have to be a heroic jedi super master. There's a middle ground between being a superhero, and nearly murdering your nephew and then running away forever

>You need to get laid
Says the guy also commenting on a star wars thread on a Taiwanese haberdashery forum.

>a site owned by warner brothers would do anything shady to damage their #1 competitor's main franchise
You're right, that is completely unbelievable.

>>despite being a woman with purple hair, holdo is a captivating character with plenty of shades of grey
See, this is how I know you're shitposting. She was fucking saved from being bland only in her WTF decisions and plans.

The champagne can't be unpacked until Solo flops, this is just the warm up.

Yet they leave all the marvel shit to get raving reviews and their own films get shitted on into oblivion.

Think before you speak next time you thick cunt.

Justice League came out over a month ago

When 100% of your critics are :

>the yellow fat woman
>the black guy
>muh strong woman
>the ugly guy
>the poor white man

It's really either a nazi or an idiot.

Yes, 100% of the negative reviews are racial complaints.

I know at this point you're just shitposting for (you)s, well done.

Give me an example of a page or a legitimate review without racial/sexist complaints.

Sums up my feelings perfectly, and doesn't mention sexism/racism.

youtu.be/ZQ8ir66M5XU

Isn't it pretty reasonable if this movie settles at $1.5 billion? That's in-between The Force Awakens ($2 billion) and Rogue One ($1 billion)? Though if it falls closer to the total of Rogue One and Solo is as bad as it's shaping up to be, Episode IX and beyond are difficulty going to be difficult to sell. While The Last Jedi under-peforming is definitely a possibility, it's not written in stone quite yet.

google.co.uk/amp/amp.nationalreview.com/article/454666/last-jedi-shape-water-juvenile-political-fantasies

The OT isn't ruined you fucking moron.
You're probably too young to remember the prequels when they were new, anyway. You're way too late on the childhood ruined bandwagon.

>yfw you will never bed prime Carrie Fisher

This has been a fad or something lately. A new company takes over some property with an installed fan base and goes totally against type in order to appeal to people other than the fans.
They do this because they assume they have the fans, no matter what, so why appeal to them? They'd buy dog crap If it had "star wars" on the package. Right?

The fans end up hating this, of course, and turning on the company in question, while the new audience just kind of find it to be "meh" or mildly entertaining at most.

The company and their defence force lash out in as childish and as public a fashion as possible in order to get the fans to lash out right back. This is so they can call attention to that and get morons on their side.

It works shot term, but it's the installed fan base that'll be buying (or not) the DVDs and other post release merch. What usually happens is that after the hate hype train and social media shitstorms die down, nobody gives a fuck anymore and the property is left for dead.

Happened with DmC with ninja theory and it happened with fembusters and the retards behind that.
It'll be interesting to see what happens with nuwars though. Disney paid billions for it and there's still some positive hype for TLJ among casual fans. So they could recoup, but will they bother?
On the one hand, they could do extensive reshoots and release an alternate version of the film to appease the petitioners, but that would make Disney look pathetic. If they don't, they've lost a huge chunk of the fan base, meaning substantially less returns on DVD sales (where the real money is) and on any sequels as well. So theyre in a bind here.

I'm a casual fan myself, but still insulted enough by the bs to be put of permanently if they don't fix it soon. And that's another issue right there.

We'll see I guess.

>far and away the most space-based star wars
And yet the battles were actually underwhelming as fuck

I don't even get why there's a debate about faked scores going on. Most of my friends I talked to either disliked the movie or their friends did. I'm actually one of the few people I know who liked it, but have since then changed my mind and now have mixed feelings.

What is an "illegitimate" review you fucking cunt?

See
I think that's what they call getting btfo

>le my childhood
shut the fuck up. I'm fucking tired of 90% of popular culture being le nolstagia up until you're in your mid 40s

>reshoot TLJ
not a chance in hell, my friend. The best we'll ever get is a fan made recut.

>we
How much of this is even "us" at this point? Is Sup Forums really some sort of pop culture puppet master? I think it's time to entertain the possibility that maybe the public just didn't enjoy this movie.

since you brought up a Sup Forums thing, i noticed this
>they assume they have the fans, no matter what, so why appeal to them? They'd buy dog crap If it had "star wars" on the package. Right?
and realized this so perfectly describes a specific other fanbase

Truly a catch 22, it's like pottery

why does Sup Forums care about star wars you retard

Hell there were FEMALE JEDI in the fucking prequels. Figures they wouldn't know this, because they never gave a shit about Star Wars anyways, they just pretend they do.

;_;

birthmoviesdeath.com/2017/12/20/the-curious-case-of-the-last-jedi-and-its-rotten-tomatoes-audience-score
Hmm

Sounds like Sup Forums is living in your head rent free

wouldn't even have been too hard if you had some blow i bet