Mark Hamill 'still hasn't accepted' Star Wars: The Last Jedi storyline: 'He's not my Luke Skywalker'

independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/star-wars-the-last-jedi-mark-hamill-kuke-skywalker-hes-not-my-a8126976.html

> The actor revealed, in an interview with Spanish website SensaCine, how this made him tell Johnson: “Jedis don’t give up. I mean, even if he had a problem, he would maybe take a year to try and regroup, but if he made a mistake he would try and right that wrong, so right there, we had a fundamental difference, but, it’s not my story anymore. It’s somebody else’s story, and Rian needed me to be a certain way to make the ending effective.”

>He added that he was forced to figure out “what could have happened that would make the most hopeful, optimistic character end up in this dark place. I almost had to think of Luke as another character. Maybe he’s Jake Skywalker – he’s not my Luke Skywalker.”

Ah, OK. It's JAKE Skywalker who wanted to murder his teenage nephew in his sleep because he thought the nephew might turn evil, even though Jake had already helped the most evil man in the galaxy, his own father, find redemption. Got it. That crazy, crazy Jake.

Other urls found in this thread:

birthmoviesdeath.com/2017/12/20/the-curious-case-of-the-last-jedi-and-its-rotten-tomatoes-audience-score
twitter.com/AnonBabble

As much as it hurt me when I saw what they had done to Luke I don't think anyone on Earth could have been hurt more deeply by that bastardisation than poor Mark. He truly loved Star Wars and his character. I hope he declines to even return as a force ghost although I doubt those Disney contracts would let him.

Oh fuck off. The Last Jedi is the first good Star Wars movie in 30 years.

Lots of pacing issues and plot holes, plus character inconsistencies between various points in their character arcs, keep it from being great. I'm pretty sure you can cut the entire Canto Bight arc from the film and it'd be not only better, but no more confusing for the omission.

But it's still a really good film. The music and visuals are great, probably because this is the first Star Wars by an actually skilled director since George replaced all the talented people who worked on the OT. The core emotional arc between Rey, Kylo, and Luke works really well and everyone involved gives great performances. The action is really fun when it counts, like the opening with Poe or Luke's short but sweet duel with Kylo, despite the pacing dragging a lot during the second act.

Overall, I rate 86/100 - better than anything *since* the OT, but weighed down by too many plot and pacing problems to be on the level of the originals.

Weak b8 m8

Haven't seen the movie but Luke really try to kill someone in his sleep?

Yeah, his nephew. He doesn't do it but thinks about it hard enough to turn on his lightsaber whilst standing over him.

#NotMyLuke

Yup.

Rei also kicked his ass in a staff fight and was about to shove a lightsaber up his ass.

Absolute character assassination.

The curse strikes again.

>The Last Jedi is the first good Star Wars movie in 30 years.
lol TFA sucked but this was good? Weak bb8

yes its implied he tries to molest his young student but then kylo wakes up and Luke attempts to kill him

I know it's bait, but literally what soundtrack? These new star wars flicks are literally marvel tier

F

>tries to molest

Will this be the experience that finally red pills Mark?

It's literal trash. The worst big budget film in decades.

JediFlop JediFlop
JUST look at that weekend drop
losing money? holy cow
not even china can save it now
LOOK OUT...here comes the Jedi flop.

thats so weird the only reason I wasn't called luke is because starwars came out, now its being destroyed and he's referring to lukes character as Jake my actual name, woah. life is a simulation.

Dude, come on man Mark was roped into this shit and you can't blame him for the shitty writing. If anything Hamill had one of the few redeeming performances in an otherwise shitty movie.

The fact that he was completely not Luke Skywalker and that his decline into grouchyness wasn't explained by the script is not his fault. Blame Johnson and Kennedy.

They fucked with Luke and they expect people to continue enjoying this shit?

Accept the story, goyim.

Actually Luke disarmed Rey but then the dumb cunt prepared to cut down an unarmed old man because she's a gigantic cunt.

Yes.... thus she beat him. A guy who was literally supposed to reach space jesus levels according to George and the EU. The fact that he needed to hold a lightsaber at all is retarded

he shut himself off to the force, she was using the force and he wasn't

>uses the force to pull a lightsaber towards him to fight
>instead of also using the force to just incapacitate her instantly
makes me think

how hard would it have been to just have Luke trapped on the planet
or
there is some other reason for him to be there. Like the planet always had a jedi guardian or whatever.(and if there was no jedi guardian an Evil Sith might take it over)

This idiotic Disney shill says the same thing every thread

>hurr durr shut off frum de forps

He's not my Luke either. I honestly cannot take a look at Mark Hamil and say "that's Luke Skywalker." The same with Harrion Ford. Just don't even bother with those characters. Their stories have been told. Next generation, please.

IT IS NOT CANON LUKE SKYWALKER! DISNEY ABOMINATIONS ARE NOT CANON! GO BANKRUPT DISNEY GO BANKRUPT! DISNEY EXECUTIVE MAY ALL OF YOU GET VIRULENT SYPHILIS!

- r. johnson

i love this meme

He has, actually

>i have to say I'm wrong
>I have to say

>of 100 random negative user reviews from Rotten Tomatoes, 94% of them either had no account or were first-time users.

birthmoviesdeath.com/2017/12/20/the-curious-case-of-the-last-jedi-and-its-rotten-tomatoes-audience-score

>Next Generation please

Spotted the shill. The next generation of characters are awful. They are bland, shapeless, corporate propaganda with no real arcs and NO CONNECTION to the core audience.

Nobody gives a fuck about Rey.

To be honest, I think all of this is just him being tired. He's an old man and these press tours are exhausting
Not to say I disagree with him about the movie though

Good for Mark. They tried to destroy a hero with that fucktarded bullshit movie.

>Birth Movies Death
>reliable

That site is run by serial rapist and professional liar Devin Faraci. He is the lowest form of life on this planet

he uses the force to not fall, though.

Also, that he got hit unaware is aware a big loss.

Is this not a violation of his contract?
You almost never get this kind of honesty from actors, or really anyone.

Has there ever been a movie this bad with an actor that cared this much?

It's not when he adds "oh, but later I was ok with it. *wink* *wink*"

Disney would just create another cgi golem to take his role.

This.

The fans all over the world love Mark and love Luke Skywalker. What Kathleen Kennedy and Rian Johnson did to him was unforgivable.

Millions of Star Wars fans now have trained their searing hatred on those two corporate hacks for destroying the most beloved character in cinema history in a fruitless quest to get over a bland affirmative action stand in (Rey).

Did Bill Murray care about Ghost Busters?
Because he's completely cucked now.

This.
Let this sink in, Luke Skywalker
>felt the Dark Side in his nephew
>thinks he's going to have to kill him
>instead of, ya know, Luke being Luke and trying to bring him back
>he thinks about this and plans it out enough to the point of sneaking into his nephew's bedroom
>in the middle of the night
>while he was sleeping
>and only changed his mind after igniting his lightsaber

>Ben sees the ignited saber
>thinks his Uncle has come to kill him SPOILER:he has
>begins to believe Snorks lies
>brings the roof down on Luke
>recruits 6 other students Knights of Ren
>and destroys everyone and everything at Luke's academy

The entire reason the galaxy is in its current state in Star Wars is because Luke Skywalker. The man who stopped at nothing to redeem his father. Decided he was going to have to kill his nephew and didn't change his mind until after he was readying a strike.

You can almost see Disney in the corner holding the gun to his head.

>checked

JAKE SKYWALKER is NOT my Luke Skywalker!

there are two types of people (besides shills) who say shit like this.

People who own "the force is female" shirts and people who have bought said shirt for a female relative.

#NotMyLuke

This.

FUCK KATHLEEN KENNEDY SO HARD

>The Last Jedi is the first good Star Wars movie in 30 years

stopped reading there

I HURT MYSELF

TODAY

TO SEE IF I STILL FEEL

>Haven't seen the movie but Luke really try to kill someone in his sleep?

Yes! The guy who felt a LITTLE bit of light in Vader and flew to meet him to change him.

Yet he feels some darkness in his sister's and best friend's kid almost attempts to murder him in his sleep

I literally almost walked out of the theater during that scene

Bbbbut it's an Evolution of the character!

>he shut himself off to the force,

He literally used the force to pull the metal antenna to him to fight Rey and used the force to break his fall when she beat him

And bill Mark.

No.

It's attempt to humiliate and embarrass Luke by (Kennedy & Johnson) because he overshadows their bland unpopular new characters. Only it has completely fucking backfired.

The box office and toy sales are collapsing.

Star Wars as a cultural event is DEAD.

He's tired. We're all tired. Nothing to see here. Go to sleep. We're all tired aren't we guys?

nice trips but you really shouldn't respond to pasta

And this, among various other reasons, is why I'm done with Disney Star Wars movies. I bet even Solo coming in May will be shit

I know. This is how I felt when Stannis Baratheon was ruined and killed off screen by two idiot writers who never got his character and people defended them and its only now people care the writing took a nose dive.

the only reason they did that, as well as why luke is not in the first movie, was to solve the biggest problem in this new trilogy:
>why doesn't luke just come and kick kylo ren and snook asses?
having kylo killing luke would make him nonredeemable, having snook do it would piss off old fans saying ''luke is the best jedi ever''. This way they did the easiest thing to solve it.

movie is still shit and you are deluded if you think any movie other than A new hope is a decent stand alone experience.

>Overall, I rate 86/100
>not using a 1 through 10 scale
Yep, it's bait.

>Miss me yet, Mark?

Fucking this.

>Miss me yet, Mark?
>Not using "APOLOGIZE!"

But Mark loves George.

>url
>kuke-skywalker
Did anyone else notice this?

I don't understand why the Disney writers think it was okay for all the old main characters to have not progressed at all, if anything regressing. Han just smuggled shit again, Luke regressed to being a repeat Yoda hermit, Leia is still a princess in all but title. How disappointing for all that built up anticipation, the poor fans that looked forward to this shit for decades.

#NotMyLuke

Star Wars Prequels, I'm very sorry. That is to say I still think you're overblown and lacked the direction to pull of some of the more...shall we say touching and emotional moments. At least you had character consistency...consistently annoying but consistent none the less. At least you had an end goal, even if that goal was kinda pointless and - wait wait. God dammit I am sorry. I don't want this to sound back handed. I want to really, sincerely apologize. I was to mean in my criticisms and that amount of bombastic negativity was unfounded and only served to make me seem ignorant.

Basically what I am trying to say is; At least YOU WEREN'T THE NEW TRILOGY!

I actually enjoyed the prequels.

The prequels wouldn't have been so bad if someone agreed to work with George.
He just wanted to make the rest of the movies but couldn't find anyone who would direct his movies.
He's a shitty director but he's a great idea guy, created Star Wars and endorsed the expanded universe.
GEORGE DID ALMOST NOTHING WRONG

luke is a liberal faggot and he got what he deserved
his character ruined by SJW's & jews, for the benefit of the third world

Go shittalk Trump some more retard Mark Hammilly

You picked the side that says THERE IS NO ROOM FOR WHITE MEN

he beat her, then after he disarmed her she got a light saber and he tripped, they then did a closeup on his hand that implied he was going to fuck her up with the force, so she just stood there and shit herself and froze in fear

only in the minds of the delusional schizophrenic manbabies on Sup Forums did Rey "beat" Luke

Rey didn't beat him in a staff fight. He was in control the whole time even though he was being defensive. It was when she force grabbed the lightsaber that she pinned him down.

George can never be forgiven for making Greedo shoot first, everything else is just an add-on

I still haven't accepted the fact that Luke doesn't FUCKING FIGHT AT ALL AND DIES DOING NOTHING . I seriously would eat the shitty writting if they could at least give fans some actual combat of a 30 years trained Jedi Master Luke. Seriously what the fuck. Just pull a BvS Batman and make him a badass in action scenes if you are going to rape his character.

SFDebris is doing a good series on the Star Wars movies as a whole, mainly following the background stuff and yeah, he gives a similar and fair point that George has always been the idea guy, and that certain actors had issues with him directing as he was never good at giving direction.

This desu. Hamill being an old fuck isn't even an excuse nowadays, they could just have a stunt do the fighting and put Luke's face using CGI, camera tricks or some shit.

long live Jake!

will you stop it. we're trying to enjoy ourselves here and all you can do is copy a bs mini-essay from reddit

Yeah, it's pretty dumb, considering his father was Darth Vader (e.g. youngling killer, sandpeople are animals... etc.). You think that a dark side jedi would be pretty easy for him to get along with. It's like the writers had never seen or heard of star wars before....

Psychiatrists report their patients to police when they know they have intent to commit some crime. That's exactly what Luke did when he looked into Kylos intentions and saw what Snoke had convinced him to do. Its not immoral, it's not evil to stop crime before it happens.

One murder to stop many others is the only good choice and therefore fits with Luke's character

shut up Mark
the force is FEMALE

>you don't need to see the latest Star Wars
>you want to watch Lawrence of Arabia
>
>you'll enjoy yourself
move along

brilliant

>I literally almost walked out of the theater

Sorry, I agree with you about how horrid Luke was but this sentence is the most beta soyboy thing I've seen in a long time. Hoy do you literally ALMOST walk out of a place?

it's not like Luke has any experience trying to redeem dark side force users before...

JAKE!

Actually he used the force to stop his fall. He should have force-slapped that lightsaber out of her little mouse hands.