Is Spider-Man: Homecoming as bad as Sup Forums says?

>Should I give it a try?

Post Tom H and his BF

My friend loved it and insisted on putting it on, I couldn't pay attention to it. Spiderman is unlikeable and so are all his diversity hires. Whenever Keaton showed up I perked up. Not Tom Hardy was cool. Ehh/10

I thought it was really good. It's one of the best marvel shit thought it isn't much.

Probably the best Spider-Man ever put to screen if you were into the comics, but you might not like it if your first real introduction to Spider-Man was the Raimi movies.

imagine combining Spider-Man with Facebook.
yeah its that shit.

Spiderman, Tony and Vulture are okay.
EVERYTHING ELSE sucks

Not as good as any Raimi flick, go into it expecting cashgrab capeshit for normie Marvel """"fans"""" and you'll be right.

Not even the best twink in town anymore, so why bother

Took me three readings to understands.

It's the best Spider-Man movie since Spider-Man 2. DChads are all mental patients.

It's more of a kids movie/comedy which isn't necessarily bad but it's also part of the MCU which doesn't add anything and only serves to drag the movie down other then I guess make the villain more likable which is funnily enough the best part of the movie.
The movie will also yet again let you know that Star Wars is a thing since now Disney owns it and I guess this is the new way of marketing things.

It's a really fun movie, but it lacks the sincerity and charm of Raimi's trilogy. It's worth watching, especially if you're a fan of Spider-Man.

but spider-man 3 is the best spider-man movie since spider-man 2.

Wow, that says almost nothing about the movie itself.

I found the high school shit a little grating but I think it basically holds its own with the other marvel shit.

I'm fond of some parts of 3 but it was a fucking mess. Not even Raimi could save that written by committee nonsense.

> 6 Spider-Man movies
> Mysterio not in any of them

Fucking inexcusable, his abilities would translate really well to film.

liberal propaganda, just like everything else these days.

Yeah, it's a decent super hero movie.

Holland killed it as Spider-Man, really sold me on how a kid would act if they became a superhero.

The CGI is pretty crappy in some shots, I wasn't a huge fan of the suit but that's remedied for the last act, Tony's behavior is hard to make sense of, and Peter's classmates range from tolerable to annoying, etc. But really it was pretty good. I only watched it a couple weeks ago too. Though I actually like the MCU for the most part so depending on your opinions of that you might not like it as much.

I gotchu fampai

lmao dude why would I enjoy my visit to the Washington monument?
Didn't you know it was built by slaves?
You would if you set your white privilege aside.

JUST

>Flash is a chubby, short, hook-nosed Indian
I could have bullied this kid in highschool.

this is what ticking boxes looks like

>why aren't they all buck-toothed rednecks like in my bible studies group reeee it's like a caucasian lollercaust

It's nothing groundbreaking. Peter Parker has to balance his life as a teenager and a crimefighting superhero. Iron Man is also in it a bit.
Besides the plot synopsis what more do you want? If you enjoy superhero movie this one isn't particularly better or worse then most others. If you're not then there are plenty of better more interesting movies out there.

Aren't they in Queens, NY? Wouldn't that make sense?

I thought it was great.

Spider-Manlet will always be second tier to Toby.

I agree. Tom was good in Civil War & Homecoming but for me Tobey will always be my Spider-Man. Call it nostalgia if you want.

This. Surprisingly really fun. And normally I hate the marvel quip bullshit but it's spiderman so it's fine.

The people who complain about the minority casting are retarded or in denial.

My only problem with the cast is Flash. Tony ravioli is about as believable as Michael Cera as a high school bully.

Worth it for the washtington monument action scene. I was really into it, felt very tense and exactly what I wanted from a Spider-Man movie.

You have to admit it's weird when New York City is 45% white but this cast clearly swapped whites with browns.

Both "Flash" and "Michelle Jonzalez" are actually decent characters on their own. Latching on the comic names made them shit.

Now that I think about it, all the set pieces were very memorable and engaging. I love when Spider-Man is chasing the van and hanging off the airplane too. Solid build up and characters kept me invested.

It's fine.

Just... fine.

what about the 2 ugly black girls orbiting Peter? and the fact that Angourie was in the film but completely wasted?

I think Homecoming is the best Spider-man movie, period, and I consider Spider-man 2 a near masterpiece. Sure, the SJW bullshit is there but at least it's in small doses and didn't detract from my enjoyment. But after five movies it was time to shake things up a bit.

They finally got both Parker and Spider-man right although the suit could be better. Make the web lines on the suit stronger, get rid of the thick black ones on the arms and it would be prefect.

Vulture was a great choice as the villain and Keaton was an inspired pick to play him. What I like most is that this movie felt small scale in that it wasn't a citywide threat. Spider-man should always be a working class level guy who takes down criminals and all the Vulture was doing was planning a heist.

This is why I really hope they use Kingpin for part 2. But what I really want is for them to make it that Aunt May had Ben killed for his insurance policy and "MJ" turns out to be trans, just to fuck with the screaming fanboy faggots!!!FACT!!!

There are so many good spiderman villains that haven't been used yet.

>Scorpion
>the Rhino (Paul Giamatti in a rhino robot doesn't count)
>Mysterio
>Carnage

>It's nothing groundbreaking.
Sounds like a retardedly high standard for shitty comic book movies for kids. Hell, you probably haven't seen it.

Yeah I agree robot rhino doesn't count. Carnage would be great too but we have to see whether they mess him up it the Venom movie

Am I doing it right?

Raimi laid on the sincerity too thick to the point that Parker felt like Tom Boy from the fucking Waltons with Toby's wide eyed deer in headlights dumb fucking look on his face.

What I like most about Homecoming is that it FELT like a really great 1980's John Hughes teen flick with Holland playing it like he's Anthony Michael Hall!!!FACT!!!

I enjoyed it, it was a lot of fun. I thought Teen Spiderman would be a bit annoying but really I think he was OK.

Jesus Christ this reads like an awful Facebook comment on some page called "SPIDERMAN MOVIE FANS".
I can't believe half the replies in this thread are genuine.

It's honestly really good. I hated the Vulture before this movie but Keaton does a fucking fantastic job.

The *only* problem with it to me was the shitty quip about 'muh slaves' and the casting of Flash. Both screamed of SJW trash and im not one to pick up on that easily.

It's not terrible. But in a year or two no one is gonna give a shit about it either way. Than again that's true for pretty much all of MCU movies. And yes I have seen it. I actually enjoyed it. But like I said nothing really stands out.

i dare you watch it past the talking suit part. I DARE YOU
5/10

It's not bad. Unlike Iron Man or Captain America, it just feels like it's a movie about an Avengers member while in reality Spiderman is a bigger franchise than Avengers.

MUCH LOVE

My pleb friend paid for my ticket because no one else would go, and of all the awful garbage in this 4.5-5/10 movie, that was just eye-rollingly bad.

Sure, is ok, too much Iron Man and too much diversity points, some characters are just stupid and teen spiderman isn't as interesting as an older version, but Michael Keaton is great

KINGPIN makes the most sense for the sequel. Spidey fucks with his operations and he hires people like Scorpion and Rhino to go after him!!!FACT!!!

I fucking hate it when children come to this website and think its a platform for discussion. I dont give a shit about film, I want more funny posts like this and red pilled anons calling out liberal bullshit propoganda.

THE ABSOLUTE STATE OF MARVEL

I thoroughly enjoyed it. Like most people my only complaint is the obvious brown washing.

The more I see of Keaton the better I rate him. His vulture is relatable to the point I was legitimately supporting him, which is a nice change from "I'm a villan because I'm evil". Everyone else was meh, with elements of SJW pandering quipfest.

>Should I give it a try?

sure but it'd be even better if everyone in this movie was genderbent

Scorpio is coming, wasn’t the Mexican guy who ended up in prison the one who’s gonna become it?

This desu in relation to the small scale point. It's so refreshing to see a more local threat level. Another cool scene was when his friend sees the the wreckage from his fight the night before and gets a bit freaked out by how dangerous it really is.

It seems with the ending that they're setting spiderman up as a more small scale foil to the avengers which is a really good decision.

A few movies where spiderman gradually ages to college level and the threat/real risk of being spiderman slowly sinks in with him could lead to a great series..

Really hope they don't blow their load and toss him into some fucking world alien fight shit.

Think a villain like kingpin would suit an older spiderman. Maybe some heavy hitting ground based villain like rhino would be good for the sequel

Its way too connected to the MCU to stand on its own.

it was a little bit fun but really you should just watch the raimi trilogy for kino enjoyment and the one audio based scene in amazing two where the electricity is set to like some fucking wubstep nonsense that scene in theater was pretty silly but it probably sucks ass at home.

short answer nahh not really even if you are a big spiderfanman. long answer I mean if it comes on tv or someone else puts it on in the background, but don't bother to sit down and get invested for negative payoff.

It's terrible. You have to be sub 13 years old to enjoy it.

Just like the comics, for better and worse this is standard for superheroes.

but why did you watch it?

I'm the Infinite Jester of Sup Forums Hombre

what the hell

This. Keaton fucking nailllled that role. He actually somehow managed to be a throughly believable villain throughout his whole character arc... Something most movies fail to achieve

Spider-Man was my favorite comic book hero as a kid. The first two Raimi movies still hold up and and are better any other comic related movies, but Homecoming is trash.

why was it trash - OP

Cinematic Universe anything is all guttertrash

Tobey - Sup Forums's fav
Andrew - Reddit's fav
Tom - Tumblr's fav

Correct me if I'm wrong

I was watching it on a stream and the cast was fine and I like Keaton but I shut it off during hte talking suit part. Dont feel like i missed anything

I remember when Tom posted this pic 2 years ago & everyone thought that Marvel was going for an Ultimate Spider-Man look.

> Tobey best Peter Parker
> Andrew too cool to be Parker but pretty good Spider-Man
> Tom average both Parker and Spidey

The Michael Keaton parts are amazing, and surprisingly all the Robert Downey Jr parts are pretty much Iron Man 1/2 in quality (presumably because the writer of those films was involved), but everything else runs the gamut of completely forgettable to offensively stupid.

>Tom average both Parker and Spidey

I disagree. We only saw him in one movie & 15 minutes of another one. He still has more to give & he was already really good as both Peter and spider-Man.

when I saw this pic & I thought that he's not a bad casting after all, I wanted someone else for the role back then.

I thought it was a 3/10 at most
Absoloute shit

How Spidey's main failures are a question of power, not character. This is why the moment when his face/mask is reflected in the water comes off as corny instead of resonating. Wasn't a big fan of the Vulture either. The one moment of his I remember the most is when he kills one of his partners nonchalantly and quips about it.

Yeah that's valid, don't get me wrong I really hope he works out. It's just the way he's been written so far is inexperienced and without confidence. It's looking like he'll get his shit wrecked in IW but after that I hope his character sheds the Tony Stark connection and high tech suit and can just be a regular Spider-Man who kicks ass.

Switch Andrew with Tom.

Nobody wants to see niggers on film.

Is Andrew tumblr's fav? I thought it was Tom since he was no1 of 2017's fav males by tumblr.

It wasn't that bad.

There was a serious lack of antagonist/protagonist development though. It basically occurs entirely in the last act, and for about 5 minutes prior to the final action sequences.

It is also ABSURDLY long. They could (and should) have cut a good 45 minutes out of this film. Pretty much everything between the Monument Rescue and the Homecoming dance was utterly pointless/worthless and existed just to jam in a few extra boring as hell cartoon action scenes.

They really could have cut out a few more action scenes too and put in more character development.

Zendaya is fucking embarrassingly bad (and ugly) in the film and she exists purely for a one line quip at the end.

Yeah, I forgot about him. My headcannon said it was a nerd/special school so therefore even the bullies are dweebs.

>Zendaya

Why would someone name their kid like that? It sounds like an alien name.

yes. it's fucking bad.

I had to turn it off 40 minutes in because it was so quippy

It was bad-I don’t mind the multicultural stuff but they ruined the basic premise

You got it

I suppose both Reddit and Tumblr prefer Tom over Andrew.

Probably not he looks terrified.

Hey there, all you black kids in the audience! Sorry to interrupt your movie, but remember that you were slaves and you should NEVER stop resisting the oppressive history of the United States. I'll let you finish your movie now, but don't forget to HATE GEORGE WASHINGTON and ALL that he stands for in America!

I enjoyed it but the diversity was way out of hand. Every single scene had like 4 kids of different race.

I also thoguht both Spiderman and Keaton were likable.

oh so it can't be culturally mixed like the actual NYC?

It's good but prepair for Ironspider.

Why did i want to fuck Spiderman the whole movie?

It was okay. Felt it had a lot of potential to do a lot of neat things we haven't seen in capeshit yet but they were too afraid to go off the beated trail.
Also the Vulture was cool as a person and villain yet they completely wasted him and his final fight was dogshit.