Why are japs so bad at making movies and acting

when their neighbors the gooks are quite good at it when they want to? do all creative people go to anime so the movies turn awful or something?

Yeah. Anime movies like Heaven's Feel completely BTFO their live action movies at the theater.

its odd how they can be so good at writing and animating but so awful in movies with actual people

Gook movies are almost all the exact same. Some corrupt cop or some serial killer, another revenge plot with that same bluish-grey Christopher Nolan tint.

Train to Busan was an exception though. Really good movie.

Small brains due to centuries of inbreeding.
That also applies to Brits, Aussies, Kiwis, and other island people in general.

>japs

kind of if you stretch it, but The Wailing, The Host, I Saw the Devil are all very different
brits have some ok movies, dont know about aussies (only saw some retarded series from there) and kiwis (can they even into TV?)

what did 92148838 mean by this

There's a million movies like I Saw The Devil.

different from each other I mean, and at least it's good

haven't see a good live-action japanese movie since those old samurai flicks

Shin Godzilla >>> Train to Bargain Bin

>Shin Godzilla
uggo

These proved popular in the west so this is now the majority of what gets translated and released in the west. Midnight Runners is a fun recent action movie if you want something more mainstream korean. (two trainee police witness a kidnapping and try to solve it themselves). I think it got or is getting a western release. Also watch Seoul Station if you didn't already see it.

Ichi the killer though

name 5
good ones (at least 7 on IMDB)

Never watched Vengeance is Mine?

>the "Korean cinematic masters" meme
>all they churn out is romance dramas and gangster suspense thrillers.

>gangster suspense thrillers.
they make by far some of the best thrillers out there so I'm ok with that
but they make good action /war movies as well

That's Korean tho

he cant
>Vengeance is Mine
1979, not recent as I said, if they can only make 1 good movie every 40 years they suck

that's the example of a good movie, as stated in the OP

This movie was ruined by a gimmick.

think its cause all the creative people don't want to suck up to the studio bosses and have them decide how everything happens, even if akira kurosawa was born today, the studio bosses probably would force him to do things their way

hideaki anno had to fight toho on a bunch of things on shingojira

but in anime, there's more freedom

Only americans can convincingly portray characters. Litterally no one esle on earth can act except for a a few europeans broads.

>Kiwis and Aussies can't into filmmaking
>LOTR
>Mad Max
>Once were Warriors
>Snowtown
>The Piano
>Animal Kingdom
>What we do in the Shadows
>The Castle
>Goodbye Pork Pie

Their society is too conservative
Koreeda is the only great Japanese director currently working