We're going to boycott, this right? We're not going to see it, even ironically...

We're going to boycott, this right? We're not going to see it, even ironically? We're not going to spend anymore money on Star Wars? Right now, Disney thinks they have us by the balls. They think we'll pay to anything they shit out. They don't care about the quality, because Star Wars is guaranteed money. We're going to prove them wrong with the next one, right?

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/14696447
birthmoviesdeath.com/2017/12/20/the-curious-case-of-the-last-jedi-and-its-rotten-tomatoes-audience-score
youtu.be/5uV4ovT1vcU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I'll only see it if my man Hamill gives the go-ahead.

I'm never spending money on Disney's Star Wars again. Not after they personally insulted me for two hours with The Last Jedi. I'll buy second-hand original trilogy merch online, but I'm not giving another cent to Disney.

This would never work, because being a Star Wars fan is synonymous with being a masochist.

I'm old enough to remember being burned three times in a row with the prequels and thinking "Maybe the next one will be better." after The Phantom Menace and Attack Of The Clones. I actually enjoyed The Force Awakens and I thought Rogue One was decent, but The Last Jedi was downright fucking awful. I won't get burned again.

Do a james holmes

HOLY FUCK YOU MANCHILDREN RELAX

ITS JUST A FUCKING DISNEY MOVIE

Why pay money when the cam rip for the trash only takes a day to come out?

I only "boycot" the Han Solo film.

I will see 9, to see what JJ repaired of the mess. Still they should fire the whole "strong womyn" writing room.

>Sup Forums boycotts something
>OP thinks anyone will notice

Star Wars is not a franchise about plot points, logic, or actions; it’s a franchise about ideas and feelings. And the point of this sequence is the idea of oppression and inequality, and the feeling of righteous indignation about it, and giving Rose the opportunity to vocalize those points and establish herself as the voice for that in this new trilogy. Because, again, it’s been a missed opportunity for a long time that Star Wars has been preoccupied with the experiences of royals, elites, religious orders, and other upscale characters at the expense of everybody else. It’s a really cool step to have this character, who’s essentially a one woman get-over-your-bullshit machine, come to this glamorous place and point out that the villainy isn’t just the space Nazis, it’s the upper class that lets the Nazis get away with stuff because they stand to benefit. You see, it’s the non-mystical, on the ground component that allows the film to get away from the narrowly classist vision of the Force going on in the Rey-Luke stuff

We're not your secret club anymore.

Maybe the next one will be better.

Holy fuck, I've literally never called somebody a Disney shill before, but you're such an obvious fucking shill. This sounds like something the director would say in an interview.

>I actually enjoyed The Force Awakens
You're already beyond help, my man

Go to hell.

>muh Nazis
>muh oppression
>muh classism
>>>/tumblr/

I already started with this one. Haven't gone to see it once and I'll watch it online for free so I can more thoroughly shit on it. Disney has seen the last cent from me when I saw The Force Awakens.

Today many hate SW, and nobody at Disney and LucasFilm understand it.
That is serious.

I wonder if they are gonna use "The Force is Female" subtitle in the future. It will be awesome.

I'm not boycotting. I'm just not interested in the franchise anymore. I did not watch TFA and TLJ and will not watch any other movies mainly because there are no young and handsome just girl, ugly and oldnothandsomeanymore. If they replace girl with young and handsome Jedi and give him a young and handsome buddy then I will watch again.

>strawpoll.me/14696447

Noooo, Noooo

UNLIMITED BOYCOTT

I'm not watching any fucking piece of shit Disney releases. Be it golden movie from marvel, anything with 20century fox behind it or fucking star wars.

They aren't getting a single dollar from me if this shit with Hamill was true

And I suppose you would be honorable enough to join the force for Hamill

i don't know why you idiots even went to the theatres after TFA

blame yourselves from putting cash into disney's pockets

>Boycott

You can call it that if you want. Makes it sound my completely passive decision to not watch something I'm not interested in is meaningful and kind of cool.

come on let them rage
they are having best time of their life

Boycott being a fag loser

20 minutes into TFA i knew im never giving star wars a penny ever again. I felt cheated watching tfa in the first place

I just dont get how people have seen the next 2 in the franchise, as if the first one wasnt enough reason to boycott those cunts

I will not see it for sure. Probably gonna pirate it later. Also, fuck the "professional" critics, they've lost all credibility.
I still love the SW universe of course, but the recent SW games are so shit. Disney and EA have killed this franchise, this is sad.

Does it count as a boycott if I wasn't going to watch it anyway? If so, you can have my axe.

Star Wars isn't just a thing for socially alienated white men/boys anymore. It's grown beyond that little niche, and it also needs to lose the baggage associated with whiteness/maleness to reach a larger audience and have more influence.

Lots of the lessons and teachings embodied by Luke Skywalker are white, masculine and western in character. They've been done to death. The monomyth, Joseph Campbellian structure is dated and stale, and it can't keep running on those fumes forever.

I sympathize with lots of the grumbling white male neckbeards are doing. Star Wars was their thing and they don't want to share their beloved toys. And they're obviously gonna hate The Last Jedi because, in essence, it's about how Luke's legend really was flawed and limited in its scope.

The Jedi philosophy, just like the phallocentric white male western patriarchy, was bogged down in its own dogma. There's something beautiful and touching about the sentiment of "passing the torch" in TLJ. The white western male, long held as the only source of heroism and power in the canon, gracefully steps aside not only for his own good, but for the good of the universe.

In more diverse and progressive hands, there's no telling what this universe, and the force along with it, might become. It's an exciting prospect, to say the least, for those who aren't embittered neckbeards living in their parents' basements.

TLJ is going to be a watershed moment in sci-fi and genre films generally. It's all about letting go, letting your creation grow beyond you. And Star Wars, like civilization itself, has evolved beyond its parochial and patriarchal past.

Well you certainly figured out what they WANTED the character to be.

Nice pasta, but I already saw it earlier today.

>Bernie lost

>SJW's/Leftists are alternately loathed and laughing stocks

>Liberals are despised by all because of their horrenous mishandling of western civlilization over the last 30 years

Wow. Could Rian Johnson have misread the zeitgeist any worse.

>instead of a white dude with an american accent, the protagonist is a white chick with a British accent

POSITIVELY GROUNDBREAKING

Goddam right.

I really don't care about the quality, I'll see it on the first week because it's a ritual between me and my retarded brother.

I'm mean seriously, he has down syndrome and it makes him really happy and I like it too because I don't expect some masterpiece or anything. SW is a movie for kids and if you are hating on it so much perhaps it's not that they are turning into shit, but that you are growing up and you can't take childish shit anymore. One day you'll grow even more and realize how all this hatred and boycotting and shit is unnecessary.

>of 100 random negative user reviews from Rotten Tomatoes, 94% of them either had no account or were first-time users.

birthmoviesdeath.com/2017/12/20/the-curious-case-of-the-last-jedi-and-its-rotten-tomatoes-audience-score

>and feelings
Stopped right there.

>Star Wars isn't just a thing for socially alienated white men/boys anymore.

>Anymore

It was only "that" for a short period of time in the late 80's and early 90's, as it had dropped out of mainstream pop culture due to their being no big movies.

Star Wars, with it's baggage of whiteness/maleness, became one of the most profitable media properities in all human history.

This baggage was hitched to it when the TFA was released and became a monster hit, based solely on it's riding on those coattails.

>TLJ is going to be a watershed meoment in sci-fi and genre films

Sure, just like Andromeda. It's when POC and women realize they aren't able to hijack White Male culture, but they're also incapable of creating their own myths that appeal to anyone.

Rotten Tomatoes confirmed that they're real.

> Right now, Disney thinks they have us by the balls. They think we'll pay to anything they shit out. They don't care about the quality, because Star Wars is guaranteed money
But this was the attitude with TFA and Rogue one? TLJ is Disney actually taking risks and trying to do something worthwhile with SW.

>birthmoviesdeath

This is pathetic.

Meanwhile, from an actual legitimate source;

>“We have several teams of security, network, and social database experts who constantly monitor reviews and ratings to ensure that they are genuine. They haven’t seen anything unusual with The Last Jedi, except that there has been an uptick in the number of written user reviews submitted. Aside from that, everything is normal and we don’t see any unusual activity. We looked at The Last Jedi compared to other blockbusters and it has been consistent with those past films.”

>Dana Benson, VP of RT

ill probably just pirate it

>or were first-time users
So? I'd make an account just for this movie, it was that bad. I'm sure others are the same

>yes alt right let's boycott it

Not sure what you mean. TFA and Rogue One were professional products designed to appeal to fans and general audiences.

TLJ was an amateurish mess designed to alienate fans and appeal to highly toxic niche communities.

I though it was muh russians.

Nothing could get me to pay for IX, because Rey and Finn are still alive. The government needs to regulate the movie industry so refunds are easily available. What a cunt fraudulant industry this is.

This is the dumbest fucking thing i have ever read.
Your fucked up summary of what star wars is as a franchise IS not only wrong,
But also downright delusional.
Are you a woman by the name of kathleen kennedy?

>re going to boycott, this right? We're not going to see it, even ironically
mate its just a movie. if you dont like it, ignore it and dont see it (again). move on

Go away liberal fag

the comments are cancer. and I hate this "they concocted this elaborate fanfic about star wars in their head, and are upset it didn't come true" theory.
I literally just wanted a decent movie, I would have been ok with a 7/10 I had no theories, and I defended some of the mary sue arguments against rey, in hopes this movies would explain further, or give her more depth as a character, but instead all I got was no answers, and wasted time, insulted as viewer, and a dead franchise. thanks mick

nobody on this board actually thinks like this. nice try faggot.

I thought this was a copypasta but given the replies it apparently isnt

I don't care if you are a bait, or not, just going to take it seriously

SW weren't exactly for white guys only, as there was Samuel L Jackson, and aliens representing diversity in general. It was for guys .
Now movies also have to be directed at girls, which is great, sometimes, but there is just too much feministic bullshit going on. I'm cool with Rey being main character, with Leia being leader, with phasma being badass (oh wait.) But this violethair Holdo would make a good senator, or diva - not a freaking vice admiral. The rebels looked like a desperate housewifes fanclub it TLJ.
Also I don't mind Rose not being asian hottie, but who the hell needed second romantic plot. Star Wars need more awesome action, more interesting characters It's not like grills don't like it (and as nice as Rose is, she is far from being interesting. I'm pretty sure she will be killed for Finn to develop). I don't want the next part to be twillight.
And actualy not so many people have problem with Luke. For me he was one of the best things in this movie.

I don't particulary like or dislike TLJ, visuals and music were great, while script could be just more about making sense, than "wowzers what a twist"

whats even there to watch? luke and han are dead, phasma and snoke are dead, finn and his cockblock are not interesting characters. only thing i can even think of wanting to see out of IX is more chewbacca

Chewbacca, along with C-3PO, is already sidelined and Artoo is slowly failing.

You now realise that R2 has been made obsolete by the BB-Units and is slowly failing, since there are no more spare parts being produced.
He now lives aboard the Falcon because it, like him, is a museum piece. He feels at home there, the world outside terrifies and confuses him. C-3PO never visits, protocol droids don't become obsolete as fast as Astromechs who have to adapt to the evolving technology.
R2D2 now spends his days mostly in standby. The world outside has nothing to offer him.
Now imagine his surprise when his Master Luke shows up right in front of him. Artoo is getting on a bit, his memory bank is getting patchy. He is one of the only people alive to remember Qui-Gon, Queen Amidala, and a little boy named Annie. And there is the beloved son of little Annie that R2 took under his wing in a sense. What did Annie's son like again? There was something about a beautiful girl. Oh yes, Artoo still has that data. So just to see Luke smile like when they first met, Artoo instinctively displays that old corrupted data.
One wonders if little old droids, through the infinite grace of the Force, may earn themselves a soul.

You also realise that, if they do not have a connection to the Force that binds all living things together, Luke will be able to see Artoo again, but Artoo never Luke. Unknown to him, Luke will be at his side when the last gear inevitably winds down. And he will never have known.

youtu.be/5uV4ovT1vcU

Anyone who can't read this clear sarcasm is a fucking retard. Well said, user.

guessing:
>Ben going full yandere after Rey
>Weasley trying to take over the New Order
>Kylo's edgy boysband making apperance
>maybe some training arc, so "haters will stfu about mary sue"
>Stables kiddos taking up a bil plot for themeselves for new disney project about "Space school of jedi wizardy", which will be around 7 parts long.