Holdo was not the first to use the Katharr maneuver...

Holdo was not the first to use the Katharr maneuver. Several famous battles were won by utilizing partial hyperspace acceleration. The common thread in all these victories, however, was unimaginable desperation. For indeed, it is phyrric, and the victory short-lived.

The Katharr maneuver is immensely powerful and virtually indefensible, but it literally tears a hole in the local hyperspace, cutting off routes and rendering further escape impossible. A measure of last resort, in prolonged battles it is virtually unheard of given the risks it poses. Victors stranded with the remnants of the enemy fleet, usually in no better position than they were before save a head start on retreat while the enemy recoups their losses and regroups.

Legends also tell of dark things hiding in hyperspace tears; things that lurk between the void, viscous things that are thought to be worse than utter defeat by your enemy. The old texts call these things the Uuzha'n, and while none surviving can corroborate their true existence, any sane officer can tell you no victory is worth risking the Katharr gambit.

>using EU trash to justify holdo

EPISODE X
The Void Seeps

yeah the next film will have literally none of that.

Next film is IX buddy.

The greatest threat the galaxy ever faced was caused by the Resistance in their darkest hour. Now that they have reformed the Galactic council, their legacy is in danger as an ancient threat swallows worlds whole. Their hold on peace is in danger on two fronts.

While Chancellor Solo commands an investigation into the origins of this menace, Admiral Dameron heads to the front line. Together with Finn and his New Order commandos, they encounter a horror beyond imagining.

Meanwhile, on the other side of the galaxy, the Forcewalkers deal with a mysterious disease affecting Droids and humans alike. Jayna Solo, the chancellor's daughter and heir to the Jedi Academy, has tracked down the cause...

>Holdo released lovecraftian demonic horrors

What a hero

it has begun

Would make an interesting dynamic that the "victors" ended up creating a threat worse than the empire and distrust to spread throughout the galaxy of the people who supposedly saved them.
Kinda like Disney giving us more Star Wars, amirite?

It hasn't even started yet.

>He lives ZALGO!

What did Holdo mean by this?

>hyperspace ram object near first order shipyard with desposible junk
>massive logistics nightmare for their operations

This excuse, that i assume you totally made up, actually makes the weapon even MORE powerful and versatile

Local hyperspace. There's no way the Katharr maneuver could be performed remotely. By the time you'd get close enough to execute, you'd be well within perimeter defense range, especially for a vital Empire station.

Source?

My ass, but fan fiction and head canon can be comforting in these trying times.

Nah that sounds too interesting and could make for a good film
Didney will never do it

I fear the Supremacy will be back in full form in the next movie and the explanation will be it was only a flesh wound

>virtually indefensible
What is an interdiction cruiser

The only canon I acknowledge is the EU

>let's make up some retarded nu-eu shit the keep the nerds calm

Actually I think OP made this up.

Nothing can keep the needs calm if you haven't noticed.

>hyperspace jump droid-manned ships to within range
>stop
>perform maneuver

Alan Moore wrote a Star Wars story about demons escaping

Naw, druids are made out of gold, too valuabal.

>perimeter defenses blast ships apart since there's a gap between available hyperspace exits and distance needed to perform maneuver

>the reason why people don't do this is because it rips hyperspace open
okay
>ripping hyperspace destroys paths
I suppose
>rips in hyperspace bring hostile otherworldly creatures into normal space
That seems a little too interesting for star wars but I suppose considering that there's no where for the series to go unless the 'empire' actually dies or something bigger comes along it could work.

the problem right now is the story is still 'big bad empire' with a few changed words.

>a few changed words
'Little Bad Order?'

>Admiral Gender Studies ends up causing the Chaos of W40K to seep into their universe

...I could get behind this

>The Unbidden invade Star Wars and force Kylo and Rey to work together to stop them

This would save IX but it’s way too interesting, risky, and creative for JJ and the Mouse.

>Stellaris
>Interesting

>mfw Star Wars is set in the Dark Age of Technology

I was trying to find a way to make the Yuuzhan fit and have a palatable entry for the next trilogy. They could be a little more Lovecraftian for my tastes, but not too much to ruin the vibe of the current galaxy.

Plus it would be too jarring to have them just show up in the next film; I just thought it would be nice to lay the seeds for later movies midway through this one instead of a cliffhanger in the next.

I don't like your idea at all.

These the same weapons that couldn't destroy a ship in around 18 hours nor (for some fucking reason??) chase it effectively?

Episode IX ships will have lightspeed shields for sure.