Why wasn't there a Handcock sequel? Is it because racist manchildren didn't want to see a strong black superhero?

Why wasn't there a Handcock sequel? Is it because racist manchildren didn't want to see a strong black superhero?

because the second half or las third was utter garbage

reminder that vince gilligan wrote the original draft of this movie when it was called "tonight he comes"

Handcock 2: the last load.

I liked hancock but im not sure you could make a sequel interesting without making it a generic superhero movie, and that was kind of the appeal of it in the first place. That it wasn't. No costumes, no nothing, just a super powered hobo everyone hates who causes more problems than he solves, and a marketing guy trying to remake his image into a conventional tights wearing superhero and work through his issues.

Dude is a literal cuck.

Who thought that stupid bullshit up? If it was just generic "antihero learns the way of good", it would have made more money than Iron Man. Will Smith hadn't been that cool since.

No, because the second half of the movie turned into incomprehensible garbage.

It's shit. And having Woll Smoth didn't help either.

Movies are in the business of making money, user. Odd, I know.

In my case yes, but I can't speak for everyone.

Am I the only one on the planet that legitimately and unironically liked Hancock?

Yes! It was the racists. Let's get over to tumblr and blog about it.

Decent movie. You would have to be pretty dense not to understand what's going on in the second half but general audiences are pretty dense

I actually liked the movie, but I cant really remember much about it. Dont think it was really worth a franchise but Iron Man didnt really deserve that either and look where we are now.

>Why wasn't there a Handcock sequel?

Will Smith wasn't satisfied with the product and wouldn't come back for a sequel. After this and I Am Legend were successes, Will Smith thought he could do no wrong. Then came After Earth.

>Is it because racist manchildren didn't want to see a strong black superhero?

There was like, no backlash at all for this movie on that front. He was an original superhero, so no blackwashing. He had a unique storyline, Superman who nobody likes and wants to be better. And Will Smith was pretty well liked, so the movie was actually a pretty big success.

But you know, I'm sure just "___ BUT HE'S BLACK NOW AND CAN DO NO WRONG BECAUSE THE BLACK VERSION HAS TO BE BETTER" would only go better story wise and have no repercussions to the overall narrative that would make people call it shit, better keep just staining other successful heroes so that nobody has to make something interesting.

I hate Will Smith.

They understood it, it was just reaaaally dumb and nowhere near as interesting as the first half of the movie when he was getting his hope back. The bank scene would've been a much more entertaining ending.

>Am I the only one on the planet that legitimately and unironically likes cock?

no its because we dont want to see a black anything

Give it to any of the four Chrises and Hancock is a major franchise with multiple sequels. Nobody wants to watch Will Smith.

or because niggas hate honorary whiteman will smith?

Yeah, I was expecting a coked out superman, instead we got some angels and demons changing the weather shit.