So, does anyone want to explain to me again why and how you fuckers suck this movie off as if it is even a decent film...

So, does anyone want to explain to me again why and how you fuckers suck this movie off as if it is even a decent film? ZERO originality.

>Post Nuclear apocalyptic wasteland desert
>Big bad guy who withholds resources from the starving dying people
>Poor woman who are only used for reproduction
>Protagonist saves the people after big explosions and fast driving

Hurr Durr b-b-but the practical effects!
>If that is the case then the first transformers movie should be held to the same standards

"But the cinematography!"
>Vivid color palate and decent editing doesn't just make it good, if so then Avatar should be as well.

No character development for anyone.
Nearly non-existent dialog
Completely unoriginal story and premise

All of you talk about Kino this and Kino that but then swallow the fat load this Aussie pops off in your mouth. You all are just as bad as the fat fucks on /ck who "love" fine dining/cooking but just argue about what fast food joint has better dollar menu chicken sandwiches and shill /Sip threads.

Come at me Faggots.

It was super fun

>ZERO originality.
stopped reading right there

it's kino, DUH

>just argue about what fast food joint has better dollar menu chicken sandwiches

For me, it's the McChicken. The best fast food sandwich. I even ask for extra McChicken sauce packets and the staff is so friendly and more than willing to oblige.

One time I asked for McChicken sauce packets and they gave me three. I said, "Wow, three for free!" and the nice friendly McDonald's worker laughed and said, "I'm going to call you 3-for-free!".

Now the staff greets me with "hey it's 3-for-free!" and ALWAYS give me three packets. It's such a fun and cool atmosphere at my local McDonald's restaurant, I go there at least 3 times a week for lunch and a large iced coffee with milk instead of cream, 1-2 times for breakfast on the weekend, and maybe once for dinner when I'm in a rush but want a great meal that is affordable, fast, and can match my daily nutritional needs.

I even dip my fries in McChicken sauce, it's delicious! What a great restaurant.

Damn... i never thought about that. You really got me there.
*Receives multiple academy award nominations.

Humor me otherwise

Is every meal you eat unique? No...

Unoriginal doesn't necessarily equal bad.

>Unoriginal doesn't necessarily equal bad.
Does it mean that it should be universally praised and given multiple Michelin stars?

Wendy's is better and cheaper.

>No character development for anyone
wrong
>Nearly non-existent dialog
good
>Completely unoriginal story and premise
it's the fourth mad max you stupid cunt

OP, can you explain to me why Sup Forums was routinely flooded with people accusing us of being misogynists for not enjoying this film or criticizing it, yet you're now telling us we "suck it off"?

Do you want to elaborate on any of your compelling argument?

he's not wrong

>why Sup Forums was routinely flooded with people accusing us of being misogynists for not enjoying this film or criticizing it
Damage control

>yet you're now telling us we "suck it off"?
Beta cucks like do.

Good lucking movie, felt completely in line with the series, fun action sequences and well done in general. Didn't take itself too seriously yet it wasn't "geeky" just for the sake of been so.
Could you rec something in this "genre" or of similar nature OP? Just to know, not to shit on you or something (at least not me).

I remember why everyone hates this board, insecure retards flock towards it and shove their inadequacies down everyone's throat.

The film has its problems. While it certainly deserves some of the awards like Costume Design, it was less an introspective masterpiece than it was a genuinely entertaining and fun romp.

While the wasteland flick has been done to death, this movie introduced some flavorful world building with aesthetics that kept your attention like a thirteen-year-old glued to a Michael Bay film.

In an era defined by lackluster reboots and with the only good films being about superheroes, it's good to have a movie that's just fun to watch, even if it's a sequel to an old franchise.

I really liked the setting but I honestly found it more boring than everyone else did. It was just driving and shooting and fighting etc. Nothing was explained at all and I didn't enjoy that.

>Do you want to elaborate on any of your compelling argument?
no

>it's good to have a movie that's just fun to watch
I would argue that the majority of blockbuster are "fun" so there is still nothing different to see here.

This, Exactly.

Watch the three previous films then you dipshit. Would you expect to be able to watch the forth film in any series without watching the earlier ones? Honestly, it's like you fucking spastics hate shit with out any reason.

Oh right...wheredoyouthinkyouare.tif

A movie shouldn't expect the audience to have seen multiple other films just to understand the basics. Unless it's a direct sequel to the previous film, which in this case it's not really.

I enjoyed the film until the naked yodeler and the many mothers crap u-turned the film.

not that going back and taking the citadel is a bad idea...

The cliches you are complaining about were created by this very series.

Says who? Even without seeing any previous films, the prologue to this film explained everything. The following 2hours, from a plot, motivation and storyline perspective were simplicity personified anyway.

You didn't like the many-mothers or that they backtracked?

I get why the apocalypse happened, thanks to the so called a"Water Wars" but it doesn't explain why those weird pale guys are the way they are, or why they're in a desert etc.

I just think that there are a lot of questions that annoyingly go unanswered.

Pleb

Just because a movie "created" cliches doesn't make them passable as great when we have seen it regurgitated dozens of times and then slurped back up by the creator just to see the same shit again.

The pale guys are pale because they paint themselves, likely to protect themselves from the sun like Aborigines do. Also to signify that they are war boys, part of a religious sect. Cloth is at a premium so they have to distinguish themselves visually in some way. The big bad mother fucker controls the resources. He used that to gather the cream of the uninformed peasantry living below his spire fortress to form his own personal army. He's the only mother fucker within 2,000 miles with water so they basically have to do what he says. They worship the big bad as a god because he parades himself as a god and they are too ignorant/uneducated to know better. They're in a desert because it is Australia. Australia is mostly desert. You can infer things from a movie without a narrator spoon feeding it to you.

>Character development
That isn't necessary

>Non-existent dialog
Film is a visual medium you've only watched talkies youngfag

>Completely unoriginal story
The greek myths, epic poems, Shakespeare and classics have been regurgitated so much throughout art it's dishonest to call it unoriginal, you can execute things very differently according to the medium and just because it's been done before doesn't mean it can't be done better

That makes sense I guess. Although what's the reason for all of them being in a dessert? Most of population lives in the green parts anyway. How far into the future is it since the last film? Or more importantly since the apocalypse started.

You're right about everything else though.

This isn't necessarily stuff laid out in Fury Road, it's from previous movies. It just isn't particularly meaningful to the story of Fury Road. The movies start in the late 70's.

In the original film Max is a cop, young, maybe in his very early twenties. He lives in rural Australia. Society is very much crumbling but isn't quite dead. We can assume that the resource wars have started but the negative effects of rapid climate change and multiple nuclear detonations haven't quite been felt. It seems like the central Australian government has little or no reach out in the boonies or has completely failed. Roving gangs have started to form as civilization and order crumble. Australia still has green things growing.

In the Road Warrior Max is older, though not by too much. Let's say 25-30 for simplicity sake. Order has crumbled entirely. Australia is a lawless wasteland. Larger animals still live and greenery can be found though it is quite sparse.

In Thunder Dome the world has deteriorated even further. Some water sources are shown to be highly irradiated so we can assume nukes have been dropped somewhere in Australia by this point, though this likely happened during or shortly after the first film. Greenery is nearly nonexistent. The australian scrub lands have partially transformed in to sandy dune wastelands. People are shown adapting to life in the harsh new world. They dig for water and raise pigs. They run lights and engines on the gasses generated from the pig shit. A new form of society is emerging. People are also shown becoming less educated. The first generation of kids born after the apocalypse is shown to have mostly grown up. One girl is even pregnant. Lets say she's fifteen. That would put Max somewhere around 35 years old if not older.

Fury Road seems to take place sometime after that, though the exact date is unknown. Rapid desertification happened due to climate change likely brought on as a result of massive amounts of nuclear fallout.

Thanks for the lengthy post. Although I think that for people completely new to the Mad Max universe Fury Road may have been slightly confusing.

rule of thumb in movie making is that if you dont need dialogue you shouldnt use it. Or make it concise because movies are work best when they tell stories visually. The fact you dont know about this very fundamental concept in filmmaking makes me think that you just came to this board from Sup Forums Sup Forums r____t or some other shit house

>rule of thumb in movie making is that if you dont need dialogue you shouldnt use it.

Well that only applies if the don't need dialogue. This movie needed it.

>Just because a movie "created" cliches doesn't make them passable as great

Yes it does.
>Guzzle down instant ramen for years
>A master chef creates a flawlessly executed bowl of pork broth and hand-made ramen noodles for you
>You call it "unoriginal" because you gleefully consumed slop for years.
Get out.

OP BTFO
Fucking underage millenial faggots need to do some research before spouting shit from their mouths

Explain how? What was confusing?

>This movie needed it.
Why?
I thought there was no character development and the premise and story were unoriginal?
Shouldn't you be able to follow along with an unoriginal story whose characters never develop without it explained to you through dialogue?

look up the golden rule in composition and then explore how this film tips its hat to it in the opening scene then blows that convention up and uses center framing and quick cuts, all things that are considered bad form in movie making but Miller makes it pure kino and should have best picture as this was really an avant garde kino tour de force

Agree with OP. Fury Road was shit. How anyone can think it's anywhere near The Road Warrior is insane.
>orange color filters everywhere
>Max barely in it, it's a Furiousa movie. Before you go "herr derr Max didn't do a lot in Road Warrior!", he still did more than anyone else in RW. In FR Furiousa is the main character
>realistic car chase scenes replaced with guy chained to speaker truck playing a flame guitar
>movie is literally "Lets drive through this ravine"...and then "Lets drive back through the same ravine". Might as well watch the fucking first half in reverse.

>OP being this low T

>ZERO originality
things don't need to be original to be enjoyable.

>giving up on green texting half way through
>green texting his response to his strawman instead of the otherway around

Embarrassing.

While I can see your gripe with the lack of exposition, I have to wonder how much needs to be explained in a film.

Does a movie have to explain everything? Like, do you have to question why Tattooine is a totally desert planet? Why did Walter White choose to get into making meth when the writers could have him do literally anything else? So on.

Furiosa was cool. Anyone barraging the movie complaining about feminism is a kissless virgin faggot. There are movies where feminism was clearly involved and created a shit product, like 2016 Ghostbusters. Watching Fury Rpad, I never got the vibe that the movie was forcing fem-shot down my throat. Furiosa's conflict never once referred to her struggle as a fucking woman: it was about redemption about choosing a life following a fucked-up warlord. The breeder bitches were annoying in the movie, yeah, but that was going to happen no matter how you wrote those characters.

The whole movie was a heavy metal chase scene. If you don't like those kinds of things, then of course you're not gonna' like this movie, and I get that. It's worse "walk from point A to point B" than fucking Lord of the Rings, so I get your gripe.

However,
>realistic
Fucking kill yourself. Since when does anyone go see a movie because it's realistic? Are you a Call of Duty dipshit? The guitar guy was designed as the warlord's bugle boy. The bad guys are supposed to crazy and out of their minds heavy metal, so why wouldn't they do something as ridiculous as recruit a blind heavy metal warhorse to boost their moral? It's part of fleshing-out their character and keeping them interesting antagonists, otherwise it would just be boring. Why should you care about a story if none of the characters are interesting? You're fucking retarded if that's a genuine gripe you have.

I didn't many mothers, it was like opening an empty gift, the audience and Furiosa were waiting for something to be at their destination.

The movie indulged too much in superficial sentimentality from the Yodeler on IMO,
and that they back-tracked in far less time with almost no danger.

The film shouldn't have to hold your hand for 2 and a half hours of world building. There are so many movies that could be made in that universe based solely on the lore alone. However, that's not what were there for. We're there to watch a simple story and to be entertained. The movie is great visually, though I wish there wasn't a constant orange filter on everything, and if it missed it's mark on entertaining for you then I'm sorry. I still think it's a fantastic movie though.

nuboy has soyfun watching a flick, shocking