Laura Thread

How can we make her more popular?

Other urls found in this thread:

theouthousers.com/index.php/news/125405-david-morrells-spider-man-frost-rocked-by-editorial-interference-scandal.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Make her goth again. Make her conflicted again. Stop doing really flat girl power bullshit where she just wins without having to put up a real fight.

Explore her inner world more. Put her in a book with a few characters that complement her characteristics, like Gambit and Jubilee, and characters like Daken who can challenge her. Come up with a cohesive narrative about who she is, and what drives her. I'd love to see her lack of motivation to interfere with Daken's villainy addressed. She's trying to live up to Wolverine's mantle lately, yet her and Daken have a certain level of mutual respect that intrigues me, where as Wolverine would try to give Daken a chance to join the heroes or else be hellbent on killing him to stop him from hurting innocent people. There's a certain level of cognitive dissonance in Laura's behavior that is probably only due to inconsistent and at times downright bad writing that could actually be an excellent source of character exploration and development in the hands of a decent writer.

That and good art. No character becomes popular when plagued with second and third rate art teams. This is a visual medium, and you can't engage fans effectively with shit art. Too often the quality of the writing at Marvel is proportionate to the lack there of in terms of art, and vise versa.

Oh, and bloody visceral combat scenes and occasional horror. I'm not saying turn her into a berserker, but boring bloodless battles are not what people read feral mutant books for.

Has she tried out for the cheerleading team?

How about we try Laurapool?

Still not getting reported to CPS or Animal control.

Man, the shitty new series and Feminist media articles applauding Girl Wolverine have really killed her fandom here, hasn't it?

Articles? Haven't read any. I was hoping she'd be more than just "Girl Wolverine" but I guess that's all she was destined for.

To think that I disliked Daken. Now I miss him

that tits are basically asking to be molested

Hire real life underage prostitutes to work out of local comic book stores as a promotional tie in.

I like her as Wolverine and have no problem with that. You will notice that most of x-fags don't have problem with their characters being outed as gay, nor taking the mantle of a male character.

Good idea. They can also serve as payment for interns instead of money

Only if we can somehow get nick spencer to have a twitter meltdown to promote it

Well, she is a literal female clone of sniktbub

Spencer is bad for publicity. He can't sell his hitlercap for shit, even if his life depended on it

she looks like trump's son here

and what is wrong about that?

Nothing wrong, sir. Absolutely nothing

Between using little whores as promotion and fucking the interns, it'd probably just be more cost effective to just hire minimum wage slaves.
>have a character that's a cold, near emotionless killer
>have her interact with others, she tries to find the point of living and very slowly grows to find meaning in her life aside from killing
>LOL SHE'S WOLVERINE NOW
>toss out characterization, she's now a hot head, drooling idiot who charges into battle
>toss aside all her previous supporting cast for more clawed wolverine clones
>THEY HAVE A PET WOLVERINE!!! DO YOU GET IT!?!?!

>minimum wage slaves.
if you don't care about the final product.
If you want a Quality product made cheaply, you have to give whores willing to suck the tiny penises of the interns and calling them "daddy"

I know user. Back when these characters were new I was so sick of Wolverine that I didn't want to like them. Then just when they got some decent storytelling and won me over, Marvel disposes of Daken more or less and turns Laura into a cheesy girl power icon that neither captures what made people liked about Wolverine, nor any original characterization of her own. Just completely flat now.

Is this bait or is your taste really this shitty?
>Well, she is a literal female clone of sniktbub
But people liked her when she WASN'T like him on the inside. Being a clone doesn't mean she can't be her own person. Wolverine's struggle was with the rage of a tortured beast and the emptiness of a man without his memories, originally. Laura's is of a tortured experiment learning to be human and to overcome her programming. Her identity issues are very different from Wolverine's, as is her way of dealing with combat and how she compartmentalizes her emotions and acts cold in battle rather than channeling the emotions into her actions the way Wolverine tended to.

Dark Wolverine ongoing when?

she was a underage prostitute but she grew above it as a character but people still cling to it like it matters.

>Is this bait or is your taste really this shitty?
it's like you don't know x-fags

DON'T. I already fapped and my sack is empty

>minimum wage slaves.

Marvel already tends to scrape the bottom of the barrel to fill their talent pool.

As to the greentext part of your post, I share your feels. Though I think Gabby is salvageable. I'd have Jubilee end up giving her stolen baby back to it's family, and then find comfort in spending time with Laura and playing nanny to Gabby. Imagine how cute that would be.

Do we actually know the full story of how and why Jubilee became a single mom?

These lips are made for sucking

that would require reading X-Men v4 the all girl team, so Sup Forums wouldn't know.

She rescued a baby from a hospital that was destroyed in some asian country, and eventually relatives wanted it back but she kept it, to the best of my understanding. It's completely stupid. A writer could easily just have her insistance upon going without blood and trying to ignore/control her vampirism backfire, and then have her realize she's been a stubborn brat living in denial, and have her give the baby back and run to the arms of Laura, and find she fits better there, with Laura supplying blood and Gabby being a much more appropriate outlet for her maternal urges.

What the fuck happened to you freaks?

almost good post, but that line betrayed your fetish
>run to the arms of Laura

Nothing sir, absolutely Nothing.
Everything's just swell. Never Better

I would piss my pants out of fear, if someone like her showed up in the bar

lol Not so much fetish as potential ship. I mean, really, Jubilee has had only one boyfriend and Laura... well, she's a different kind of semi-autistic sexually abused mess. It would be fun to at least see a girl crush happen and how they deal with it.

And fuck, man, do you really think that wouldn't be a step up from her shallow relationship with Angel?

It would be fun. And good fap-fuel too.

Laura having a symbiote would be pretty cool, though potentially too OP.

I mean, I shouldn't have written "fetish" and use "intention" instead, but I agree that it would be probably more interesting situation to... explore

Damn, I don't want to be turned on by this. Damn my bisexuality. Why do Wolvie's kids have to be so god damn hot. S-stop it, user...

I remember the times, when people were excited that Deadpool had a cameo in X-Men's 90s cartoon (in one episode about Weapon X). I wonder if these people nowadays hate DP

Now you understand why Jean and Scott were fantasizing about Logan

Ah, ok, cool.

I'm actually working on a story to submit to Marvel, I want to do at least some of the art, too. I'll post some in one of these threads as soon as I get a chance to scan stuff. Main cast would be Laura and Jubilee, juxtaposed by Daken and Wild Child.

It's really encouraging to discuss ideas with other fans and see what people respond to.

it's like there is nothing sacred for these guys
I did lol'ed, though

>I'm actually working on a story to submit to Marvel
You are wasting your time. They will throw it straight to paperbin. Also, your good-hearted nature will bring you trouble. I admire your dedication, but you're going to have your dreams crushed (and raped) if you don't get smarter

Logan was never this sexy to me. And it's more the allure of the pairing despite the incest that has me conflicted. I could totally see Daken being up for it, too. But Laura deserves better than that.

>Logan was never this sexy to me.
he is a runt. and he is hairy.
he is basically a sex-symbol. Like Tom Jones. And Danny Devito. Or Joe Pesci.

Thread needs more Wingbat.

>Logan was never this sexy to me.
fake nerd boy detected
I bet your favorite metal gear game is MGS3

Look at his face. So... calm and relaxed

I don't know why, but the name "Logan" always rhymed for me with "gagged and ball-deep-fucked"

>Wanna talk?

How does one actually break into working at Marvel, user? Their standards seem pretty low, and I know how to appeal to multiple demographics with this thing I'm working on. You talk like you know something about how they operate. If you have any insight or advice, I am trying to form the best possible strategy to push this project.

As to it going straight into the bin, or else ravaged by them, I'm prepared for that likelihood. If so I will simply share it as a combination of fanfiction with concept art and some finished comic pages for fellow fans. I just want to see something to completion for once in order to learn by doing. There's no other conceivable way I'll ever be a comic book creator but to create, damn the outcome. I am doing this for me more than anything.

Logan's Run

>How does one actually break into working at Marvel, user?
tumblr, sjw, and you have to hate white males, especially those with blonde hair and blue eyes.

but honestly, you just have to do your work, and they will find you first, if you interest them

But, honest again, do you really want to work with current (2017 A.D.) marvel?

user, I'm a female, and I didn't say he was never sexy to me, he just wasn't the sexiest. I have a huge feral mutant fetish.

Besides, he was ruined in the mid to late 90's, and then when he become James Howlet Logan was well and truly dead to me as a fan of the classic Logan.

cont. also, the marvel editorial is infamous for rewriting the stories.
I will find you a link, give me few minutes

You hussy byatch

here's the link
theouthousers.com/index.php/news/125405-david-morrells-spider-man-frost-rocked-by-editorial-interference-scandal.html