Sheev at 21 years old

>Sheev at 21 years old
>Is able to toss his father around and move objects with his will. Was born gifted with the force. Didn't require any training

>Rey at 20 years old
>Can mind trick, very gifted with the force. Didn't require training

Once you read the older SW novels (Disney's new timeline makes any book after ROTJ not canon and this doesnt mean the earlier books set 100 + years b4 Phantom Menace cant be canon because they explain so much more about the lore that movies dont), you will understand that Rey is jusy like Sheev and early force users.

The balance of the force means that there must be good and evil existing hence why Kylo exists alongside Rey.

But he sort of just tapped into the dark side and went on a mindless rampage killing his elderly father, mother, and sisters. He had already been in contact with plagueis at that point too. Hell, you wouldn't even need force powers to do that. He's a young man in his physical prime against an old man, not that hard to kill.

Episode zero movie when?

When Disney realizes all their standalone movie line up are shit apart from Obi Wan

>Disney's new timeline makes any book after ROTJ not canon
mfw Shadows is canon

According to Lucas balance in the force meant to remove the dark side from it. To him it was like a cancerous tumor that had to be excised to bring balance. Disney seems to have thrown that out the door and instead goes for the ying and yang approach.

FUCK SPOILER I am just up to part where he hurts his father.

And it is explained that as a kid BEFORE Plageuis he was connected to the force with abilities

This is true. No one ever says "Light Side" in any Lucas Star Wars films. There is simply the Force, and the Dark Side of the Force, unbalancing it.

All EU books are not canon BUT its silly to make say Cloak of Deception not canon when it explains how Palpatine became involved in the Senate

The dark side is just the force but with anger and hatred. First Sith on planet Korriban was a Jedi and became first Sith

mfw Kyle Katarn

At least there were some acceptable losses.

>Rey is balanced in the EU

I can't believe that you seriously think that argument helps you

this canon bros? good read?

That's stupid. You can't have a balance between two things by getting rid of one thing. Then you just have dominance, which is the opposite of balance. If the dark side is bad, don't call it balance. Call it something else. This is the ONE THING Disney is getting right.

In fact Lucas realized this mistake in the prequels which is why he made the Jedi act like dogmatic assholes whose belief in the prophecy was that it would allow them to triumph over their ancient enemy, the Sith. Luke was supposed to be the bridge between the two sides of the force as he was a Jedi and primarily used the light, but was tempted by the dark side and didn't fear it. He was supposed to master both. That's what bringing balance means.

Fuck.

AFFLECK AS KATARN WHEN. Just re write his story that he was doing something else while Jyn stole the plans

Dark Lords of the Sith and Darth Plageuis = amazing read. Listen to the audiobooks

>tfw when the book starts to cover TPM events
I actually wasn't expecting that

Honestly, the ying and yang concept is probably the lowest form of philosophy and you won't find any philosopher today that extols it's virtue.

balance is emotional balance. stoicism and peace, not passion and conflict.

Just have Katarns story be about the Death Star II plans instead, yeah they were leaked. But you could still make a decent movie about Kyle and his Bothan team stealing those plans

The dark side is an imbalancing force. The concept isn't rocket science.

But for me, it's Rogue Planet

fucking loved this game

Nigger I don't care about that. If you're going to use it as the basis, then having a strictly good vs. evil outlook is retarded. It's not balance, and the dark side is still a part of the force, but it's one fueled by aggression and passion, which are still aspects of natural life. That's why both the Jedi and Sith are wrong: they put all their faith into only one side of the force instead of using both. There is no light side or dark side. There is only the force.

But it should have been Luke to realize this, not Rey. Luke was set up as the perfect inheritor: neither a true Jedi or Sith, he could walk the line between both sides. That's why he dressed in all black and used a synthetic crystal in his lightsaber. That's why in the EU his Jedi temple allowed its students to break tradition and marry and fuck and do all that fun shit that the Jedi feared were paths to the dark side.

It's a better book

It's still a part of the force. It exists naturally. You're being dumb.

wewlad no it's not. It's literally the two sides of the force: light and dark. Also, you can't be emotionally balanced by repressing your emotions. That makes you unbalanced. Just as you can't become a slave to your emotions and let them rule you. The Golden Mean, user.

>There is no light side or dark side. There is only the force.

That's the point you idiot. There is no light side there is just the Force. Where in the OT or the PT did they ever use the term light side.

This is like talking to an autistic toddler.

Oh fuck off. The Last Jedi is the first good Star Wars movie in 30 years.

Lots of pacing issues and plot holes, plus character inconsistencies between various points in their character arcs, keep it from being great. I'm pretty sure you can cut the entire Canto Bight arc from the film and it'd be not only better, but no more confusing for the omission.

But it's still a really good film. The music and visuals are great, probably because this is the first Star Wars by an actually skilled director since George replaced all the talented people who worked on the OT. The core emotional arc between Rey, Kylo, and Luke works really well and everyone involved gives great performances. The action is really fun when it counts, like the opening with Poe or Luke's short but sweet duel with Kylo, despite the pacing dragging a lot during the second act.

Overall, I rate 95/100 - better than anything *since* the OT, but weighed down by too many plot and pacing problems to be on the level of the originals.

If there's a dark side then by necessity there must also be a non-dark side i.e. light side. They never say it because it's unnecessary. Point is shutting off yourself from either side is bad, and balance can only be achieved by using both.

Potential near equal to Anakin's
CoD doesn't even affect post RotJ stories so why is it non canon?

I never had a chance to read it. Is there a website where I can read it?

Go to bed Rian

>If there's a dark side then by necessity there must also be a non-dark side i.e. light side

No it doesn't mean that what so ever.

nice ad hom my dude

The OT was dumb and got it wrong. I'm sorry. Lucas realized this which is why he tried to fix it with the PT by making the Jedi a bunch of dogmatic fuckheads. Now Disney is borrowing from the EU and will make it "canon" to milk shekels from idiots.

>not great
>95/100

nice bait though

I read that book as a kid. Holy god did it suck ass.

Nigger that's exactly what it means. You have the dark side and the not-dark side. It doesn't have to be called the light side, but that's essentially with it is. Jedi use it, and Sith use dark. Both are unbalanced. That's why the Jedi and Sith both failed.

Sheev was stronger Bane. Just deal with it.

>having this shitty of taste
I feel bad for you but probably worse for the people who have to be around you user, good luck

Sheev was only so strong because of Bane's reforms to the Sith.

And he perished because he didn't uphold them, ironic.

>ironic

>The balance of the force means that there must be good and evil existing

>The music and visuals are great
TLJ has some of the best SW visuals I agree but it by far has the worst music. Williams went to sleep

These fucking images, my sides.

>Comparing expanded universe comics and books to the main movies

>Not comparing them
If you want a turn off your brain that TLJ is then so be it but the novels give you all the facts of how the Sith began, Darth Bane's rule of 2, creation of Anakin.

I dont get how Disney would make all important stuff not canon

This way they can sell another book on Palpatine's early years but this time by someone like acclaimed author Chuck Wendig.

well, lucas did cgi his ship into ANH. whats the name of his ship again?

the crows cloaca or something?

There must be light and dark, yes. The dark side is only "evil" if you go full-blown Sith.

>ying and yang
bone apple tea

There's a lot of dumb stuff in the EU. People tend to forget that. There's good there too but a lot of bad. The ST is all bad.

I would like to see a Princess Leia movie

Who wins?

How do you not answer one fucking question retard

I like Disney's interpretation because it puts some sense to how the Jedi could at their most powerful, get so fucking clowned by Sidious.

>Rey is jusy like Sheev and early force users

That the grand design.TFA and TLJ are sort of reboot of Star Wars.

>95/100 its okay
Wew lad

He's a villain, you asshole. And one whose power is already established as being enormous. And he'd been using the force on purpose and self-training for most of his life at that point. And had been in close contact with Plagueis for months. And was using said power in a random uncontrolled outburst kind of manner.

Keep reaching, you Rey apologists are pathetic, she is the most jarring protag in blockbuster fiction since Arnold Schwazenegger's adaptation of Julius Caesar.

They threw everything out, not just after RotJ, so no, it's a "Legends" book. But who gives a shit what Disney says is canon when their movies are so horrible.

As big of a Mary Sue as Rey. I'm glad he's still not canon.