If it ticks all the boxes why is it failing?

If it ticks all the boxes why is it failing?

Other urls found in this thread:

politics.theonion.com/female-presidential-candidate-who-was-united-states-sen-1819578617
youtube.com/watch?v=YOFkVZQ8etE
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberal_arts_education
exposingfeminism.wordpress.com/shaming-tactics/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Political check boxes don't make up for bad story telling. Who knew?

It's not fair

>women caring about sci-fi

I can't stop staring at Carrie's coke nose.

when I was at uni, I had to do a compulsory 'research' unit in order to graduate. It was presented under the auspices of teaching and refining research skills. In reality, it was just the feminist and soyboys from philosophy, sociology, anthropology, psychology, lecturing us on how whites are horrible, racism is bad, men are horrible and sexism is bad.

The problem, you see, is that they noticed all these autists like me, going into and coming out of the university system, studying things like physics, engineering, compsci, maths and never being exposed to leftist gospel. They simply couldn't stand the idea that were was a population of students, freely attending uni, and they were not being forced to parrot leftist doctrine - which is what you had to do in order to pass their 'research unit'.

Anyway, what I learned is that leftists cannot abide a political vacuum. If they see groups of people (adults, children, it doesn't matter) doing something and it does not have a left-wing ideological edge to it, they will consider it 'problematic'. This includes all media. From children's shows teaching kids the alphabet to lectures for postgrad courses. Films,computer games, board-games, comics, news and current affairs shows. They won't stop until pretty much everything is saturated with their political message. Resistance is 'hate speech' or 'hate crime'.

IT WAS HER TURN

i can't believe someone actually published this

ah yes, the bechdel test, the gold standard of movie formulas
are they for real

Thanks for this. It's getting a little scary at this point

get laid

does she want to kill herself, just like us?

Depends how much money you're willing to sell you dignity for

it's just this went through an entire production chain of people and no one said "hey guys this insults the intelligence of 11 year olds"

truly /ourmadamepresident/

Hahaha oh man that looks like an onion piece or something. Christ American politics is fucking embarrassing.

>muh test
>duh bechdel
w-what? Holy fuck the logic loops and schadenfreude surrounding the last soybug is better than watching the actual movie

Speaking of the Onion, did you know that one of Hillary's donors bought it? And this is the article they pumped out on the next DAY.
politics.theonion.com/female-presidential-candidate-who-was-united-states-sen-1819578617

It's backfiring though. I was a registered Democrat when I entered college back in 2009. Now I'm considered "far right."

What's funny is that my views didn't even change that much except on fiscal matters.

I believe it was George Calin that once said there are 2 types of people in this world; pussies and dicks.

One is always fucked by the other. Sure, the pussies will take it and get mad and raise a fuss and eventually take power. They'll shift the power and in turn, become dicks. Right now, the left are dicks.

But deep down, we know they're pussies.

As for the comment, "get laid", they very well could be getting laid, but the difference between you and is who is pitching and who is catching, and if I were a gambling man, I'd say you aren't on the mound.

Hahaha

carlin also said republicans only cared about life while it was still in the womb. after you're born, you're on your own.

>republicans only cared about life while it was still in the womb. after you're born, you're on your own.

There is literally nothing wrong with this.

>Bechel test

Was Zuckerberg inspired by this?

not everyone's able to lift themselves up by their own bootstraps user.

Making over a billion is not failing

NO!
NO THIS CANT BE HAPPENING!
I AM IN CONTROL HERE!

Why should your bootstraps be tied around my neck then?

Some of those "boxes they checked" were the things they should have avoided.
Good fx can't make up for bad writing on a scale like this.

True. He was a man with great insight into the facets of the human condition but so many only saw him as a crude comedian. Shame really that his insight created his laissez faire air on the world that made people take his rants less seriously.

That being said though, there is some crazy shit happening in the world of politics, huh?

It should win. The Force is female

Why should it matter if it's feminist if it also fucking sucks?

Fuck RT to hell. Critics are so obsessed with the politics of movies and supporting shitty films just because they feel obligated to give female films a chance that they lose all sense of objectivity and can't call a bad film like they see it.

this tbhf. I consume plenty of media that passes the Bechdel test with flying colors

Is this satire?

>Yet

Is that a threat?

That explains why the last year saw Sup Forums flooded by faggots screeching about Sup Forums and droompf.

>American

I can verify that Australian and British politics are even worse, and I'm betting Italian, Greek and developing nations politics are even worse.

Making a billion when you projected two billion and spent 600 million on marketing is failing pretty hard.

>projected two billion and spent 600 million
Source : your ass

My ass also told me your Mom is black.

The funny thing is the Bechdel test isn't even meant to be meaningful commentary on an individual work. It's meant to analyze *general trends* across entire categories of works. Saying that an individual movie passes or fails the Bechdel test therefore that individual movie is good/bad is like...
...fuck, it's so retarded that I can't even come up with a witty analogy.

youtube.com/watch?v=YOFkVZQ8etE

Feminism is not a template for kino.

Oh fuck off.

Star Wars is not a franchise about plot points, logic, or actions; it’s a franchise about ideas and feelings. And the point of this sequence is the idea of oppression and inequality, and the feeling of righteous indignation about it, and giving Rose the opportunity to vocalize those points and establish herself as the voice for that in this new trilogy. Because, again, it’s been a missed opportunity for a long time that Star Wars has been preoccupied with the experiences of royals, elites, religious orders, and other upscale characters at the expense of everybody else. It’s a really cool step to have this character, who’s essentially a one woman get-over-your-bullshit machine, come to this glamorous place and point out that the villainy isn’t just the space Nazis, it’s the upper class that lets the Nazis get away with stuff because they stand to benefit. You see, it’s the non-mystical, on the ground component that allows the film to get away from the narrowly classist vision of the Force going on in the Rey-Luke stuff

>poorfags

I've seen this copypasta

Nice copypasta Moviebob

This is outrageous! It’s unfair!

its SCIENTIFICALLY PROVEN to be the best film ever.

those who disagree are just russian gamergate trumpbots

Wut, Moviecuck like TLJ?

SHE BREAKS THE LAW CONSTANTLY
JUST LIKE US

she looks like she's black

it's a multi-pronged approach

stale meme is stale

The REALLY funny thing is the Bechdel test was invented by a female feminist comedian, who was satirizing actual radical feminists.

>The funny thing is the Bechdel test isn't even meant to be meaningful commentary on an individual work.

The Bechdel test has become as much of a meme as "DECONSTRUCTION" because at the heart of it its easy as fuck to use by even the dumbest of people to make up seemingly valid reasons why someone is bad when you just dont like something just like anything that came out of critical theory.

So of course the cultural Marxists who are larping as intellectuals eat it up.

It's a movie about the diversity squad punching evil space nazis. His parents could've been murdered on screen and he would've given it 5 stars.

imagine being this guy

its sad when feminists cant make anything themselves. All they can do is horn in and ruin stuff made by men.

id tell you to get back in the kitchen but most of you cunts can cook or keep house

this is literally what people complaining about the prequels sound like

Where is this haooening? I went to an art school in Toronto, which should be ground zero for this stuff, and I knew literally one person who fit the SJW mood and everyone hated her. Like where are you finding these fucks?

Women don't care about Star Wars even though it and every "geeky" subculture nowadays is pushing the feminist angle.

This feminist subversion is merely meant to rile up the straight, white male fanbase of these traditionally male-dominated industries.

Gamergate and the alt-right movement spiraled out of SJW culture growing more and more mainstream.

It's all a part of (((their))) plan to divide us. (((They))) have always been several steps ahead of everyone else. (((They))) dominate the consciousness of the masses whether people realize it or not.

The reason Star Wars is failing is because people are finally starting to wake the fuck up. When this feminist shit is too on the nose even stupid people realize something is amiss. (((They))) underestimate how intelligent some people can be.

>The problem, you see, is that they noticed all these autists like me, going into and coming out of the university system, studying things like physics, engineering, compsci, maths and never being exposed to leftist gospel.
You know how I can tell you're filthy liar? Half of those majors (physics and math) are classified as liberal arts, with all the "leftist doctrine" that is part of the liberal arts core curriculum. Engineering and comp sci are often in the same college and exempt from most of those courses, but these majors typically take some sociology or anthro as crip courses.

*mold

>Strawman the posts

Wow, no wonder he hates BvS

It's still amazes me how this attempt to humanize her had such a huge opposite effect

because it's a bad movie

fucking destroyed damn

unarmed_u.k._police_vs._one_man.webm

>This includes all media. From children's shows teaching kids the alphabet to lectures for postgrad courses

I'd love to call you crazy but i remember articles talking about how Thomas the Tank Engine is fascist

>Only care about human life when it has literally none of the qualities of human life.
wew

maybe in Burgerstan. But not elsewhere

So Star Wars has always been shit?

MILLIONS of dollars wasted, the best they can do is refurbish old non-memes. That's why love laughing at them.

I still cant believe CNN would publish something like this.

Right, they don't offer those courses elsewhere so your students come here to study.

Sure, you majored in physics/comp sci/engineering/math/useful sounding major at the University of Elsewhere in Vagueistan. The sad thing is, there are people who've actually been to college, who ought to know better, who will unquestioningly believe this bullshit because it aligns with they're political prejudices.

>Half of those majors (physics and math) are classified as liberal arts, with all the "leftist doctrine" that is part of the liberal arts core curriculum.

since when the fuck

They really should have had the rebel ship just explode against the destroyer's shields, shouldn't they? Not only would that actually fit the fucking lore, but it may have given all the pods a chance to escape by being a distraction without the "le cuts you in half" shit they went with.

>Does your child like Super Wings and Poli?
>Your child might secretly be part of the Military-Industrial-Complex!

Holy fuck, I stumbled upon this guy's review of TLJ and I couldn't believe the amount of bullshit he spewed.

at most tertiary institutions around the world, if you want to get an undergrad in, let's say, physics. You must complete units related to your field. I don't know how it works in the US, but at most other places, you're not required to complete Anal-Bead Making 101 or Blacked Studies or whatever to complete your degree

>she picks produce

I heard she also drinks water too

Since always.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberal_arts_education
>Liberal arts education can refer to academic subjects such as literature, philosophy, mathematics, and social and physical sciences,[4] or it can also refer to overall studies in a liberal arts degree program.

>Right, they don't offer those courses elsewhere so your students come here to study.

what university do you go to that has physics as an arts degree

maths is usually a stand alone college, as it's generally considered a stand alone field of academia. unless it's wrapped up in an engineering or science department.

also
>physics
>leftist doctrine

get the fuck off Sup Forums, stay the fuck off Sup Forums.

i think your only contact with higher education is that article.

exposingfeminism.wordpress.com/shaming-tactics/

and there are actual directors lamenting about how they used to not care about race when casting people, when really they should've cast based on race.

>That explains why the last year saw Sup Forums flooded by faggots screeching about Sup Forums and droompf.

Judging by my observations of Sup Forums for the past couple weeks I'd say they're refocusing their efforts onto that board now.

>she gets the scoop

>triumphantly feminist

>nine fucking movies in without a good female villain

Why does this franchise have this problem? Especially when EU had pic related?

>liberal arts means finger painting and humanities
You've never been within 50 miles of a college campus, have you? Physics and maths are, typically, DEPARTMENTS within a College of Arts and Sciences. The fact that you think Engineering is a department and not an individual college just demonstrates how you have no idea what you're talking about. There's no way a math department would be wrapped into the College of Engineering, since math courses of some kind are usually mandatory for every major, and business and science courses have heavy math requirements. No university has a standalone "College of Mathematics." Keep digging that hole, though. I'm fascinated by how you out of touch right-wing retards think these evil "liberal indoctrination center" colleges are organized.

>Triumphantly feminist
>White men save the day in every plotline.

>female villain
>female
>villain

there's no such thing. only white males can be bad people

jesus christ

IT
WAS
HER
TURN