Why is this episode so polarizing?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9Tp9HfY_EMw
instagram.com/bootlegbart/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's mean-spirited and too real.

I've never heard anyone call this episode ' polarizing '

Why is this camera s polarizing?

It's the episode where Homer Simpson stops being a dumb loveable loser struggling to make ends meet and becomes the boisterous slapstick buffoon we have now

I'ts retarded, like when a group is watching an action movie and someone starts screaming :"No way what the fuck they would've died on that explosion or the fall, how come they didn't get cut with the glass or how come they can keep running ? why are't they tired? THAT'S NOT REALISTIC!"

Like no fuckign shit, that's part of the presentation you are just a big autist for thinking you are clever by pointing it out : "Homer is an extraordinary man and so lucky too, to be presented like such a fuck up, NO ONE HAS THAT LIFE!"

Fucking retarded.

Don't take it so seriously.

Show got a little too self aware. We all know homer does dumb things, that's part of why the show was funny

>Like no fuckign shit, that's part of the presentation you are just a big autist for thinking you are clever by pointing it out
Isn't that exactly how Grimes is portrayed though?

this

It's the same idiots that think the show is bad now because Lunchlady Doris died or because Principal Skinner had a one off joke episode where he's an impostor. They try to find all these reasons the show sucks now except for the actual reason, which is that the funny writers moved on and were replaced by unfunny writers.

What did they mean by this?

fucking nailed it

Homer on his daily routine has such a limited pool of people he interacts with that he combined Barney and Mr. Burns on his dreams.

That related the obvious Smithers/Mr. Burns crush on a Barney/Homer crush and combined it all on this nightmarish out of sequence sequence.

The comedy has changed
It used to be subtle, witty, and clever, now we get way too much in your face simple slapstick and stupidity
Let me demonstrate

youtube.com/watch?v=9Tp9HfY_EMw

Classic Homer: "I sleep in a big bed with my wife."
The fact that he's too dumb to even realize the burn he put on him makes the joke.

Modern Homer would say "I may not sleep in a racing car, but at least I sleep in a big bed... WITH MY WIFE!! HAHAHAHAHHAHAAH HEHEHEHEHEHEH BUUURRRRRRNN"

That’s the thing, the characters themselves weren’t trying to be witty or tell jokes. The humor comes from their personalities.

>16 posts in
>No one has mentioned you know who yet

>Modern Homer would say "I may not sleep in a racing car, but at least I sleep in a big bed... WITH MY WIFE!! HAHAHAHAHHAHAAH HEHEHEHEHEHEH BUUURRRRRRNN"
God i heard it so perfectly on my head with that shitty current iteration of the Homer voice.

Just let this series end.

because Sneed is a universally beloved meme

How would modern Simpsons approached this scene?

>inb4 some faggot tries to act like season 11 of the simpsons is "just as bad" as modern simpsons

It didn't go from golden age to COMPLETE SHIT, like people say

Haters were blown up in silo explosions?

You're quite good at turning me on, Sup Forums!

He neither feed nor seed.

A lot of fans were upset when later airings changed Grimes's character design to prevent a continuity error where the same guy was seen sitting outside a store heckling Homer in "E-I-E-I-(Annoyed Grunt)."

The fat guy is the ghost of Chuck.

What?

Tbh the episode just isnt very funny. Pretty average season 8 episode.

chuck?

una vela...

this is hurricane neddy is also my favorite episode for this reason apart from based grimes.

sopa de bartino uma delicia

this episode was the birth of jerkass homer.

LISA IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY

Why the fuck do people love this episode so much? The Simpsons has clearly, blatantly been massively unrealistic since at least season three. Watch any given 2 minute clip you'll see the plot only makes sense by the shows internal logic.

The whole punchline of this episode is just pointing to that and going "GET IT? DO YOU SEE HOW THESE EVENTS ARE INCONSISTENT WITH LOGIC? HERE WE'll HAVE GRIMES SPELL IT OUT FOR YOU".

"Behind the laughter" worked with the exact same punchline and made it a thousand times funnier.

UNA VELA
N
A

V
E
L
A

What?

Deepest lore.

kek

I like Simpsons screencaps that include a watermark from some local TV station affiliate in corner

Makes me feel comfy and reminds me of a time where the Simpsons were actually syndicated on broadcast TV before Seth took all their slots

Bootleg Simpsons memorabilia creates greater nostalgia than any other artifact.

Prove me wrong.

Implying it's not kino..?

I never understood this ending, why was Homer fantasizing about his wife while fucking her? was it becasue of guilt?

Because it is mocking people who take the show too seriously however, it's also a key step in the wrong direction of 'FUCK YOU FANS WE CAN DO WHATEVER WE WANT' and 'LOL HOMER IS DUM XD'

Isn't this considered one of the best episodes?

Q13 Fox is the GOAT

Because this was the episode where Chuck's changed to Sneed's Feed & Seed.

I see it frequently on Top Ten lists as well as many
>the start of the decline
posts.

you'll like this
instagram.com/bootlegbart/

to my surprise it is the highest rated episode on IMDb

But the image you posted is from season 1 and Homer is clearly being a buffoon.

based thx for link

It was probably my favorite episode, but yes, it did mark a decline for the series. It's worth noting that homer isn't being malicious in any way in this episode and makes a sincere effort to make amends with Grimes. Grimes is mad at what Homer represents morso than who he is or his actions and ultimately it's completely Grimes' fault all of this happens. I dunno, I understand completely why someone would find this episode miserable but personally I think they hit the nail on the head perfectly.

Yeah.

Yeah that about sums it up.

When I was younger I felt it was just your average episode with a bit of a grim ending.

But the dress is different, look at the bottom part

Wasn't this the first episode where they actually acknowledge the fact that Homer is mentally challenged and everyone around him knew it?

>Homer passed up this 10/10 with a fat ass who shared his interests over his frumpy wife with the retarded hair and annoying nagging voice

*farts*
H-huh? SNEED?

I think they just played with the idea of putting in a character that wasn't "aware" that he was in a cartoon. In the sense that there's some sort of mentality with the characters that let stuff happen for the sake of it. I suppose I would be completely mad if became aware there is some sort invulnerable person that no matter what happens will always be fine. Maybe I'm exaggerating, but I kinda like the idea of inserting characters that call bullshit in everything we pass because the universe has some sort of "rules"we obviously don't live by.

There is nothing more polarizing than the ending to "Bart Gets an F"

How so?

That's a great episode.

>That cut straight from the bittersweet kiss to Marge wearing the exact same dress
Homer was very guilty but she was his soulmate & 10/10 redhead as well.

What? That some tryhards that think they have or will never fail at something judge the teacher, doesn't mean it's polarising. Obviously in real life it would probably be better for bart to repeat a grade, but the point is exposing how sometimes, even if you try your best, you can still fail.

That's not the ending

Bart Gets a Feed

Kek. Also looks like one of Bart's bullies.

I actually thought it was Michael at first.

te meoo

Sneed Feeds Bart

The ending quite literally is that bart fails but at the end Edna gives him a passing grade for knowing some random fact. Or do you mean that his family gets proud of him?

I'd get all four fingers up that ass

I DONT SNEED SAFTEY GLOVES BECAUSE IM HOMER SIMPSON

kerney

Aussie here... so the American school system is that F is the only fail grade? Because we have that anything less than C- is a fail. I guess your grade system is scaled around that fact but it's still strange to me.

he kissed momy

una vela...el barto...

t. Feed Grimes

>dumped my ex for a coworker
>she ended up being a crazy bitch
why didn't i learn from this episode dammit!

Same.

I had an amazing Marge, I cheated on her with random Tinder sluts and now I'm alone

I'm pathetic

For me it's the fact Grimes was right, he did literally nothing wrong. A dangerously stupid man was allowed to work in an industry he was not qualified, he endangered the lives of everyone in the town and yet he was beloved, he had a family and a nice house. While the man who worked his whole life and raised himself out of the gutter gets nothing. He's driven mad at the injustice in the wold and kills himself. It's a grim story.

>dump crazy ex
>get with submissive girl who never fights or argues
>fuck crazy ex behind sub. Gf back
>relationship over
>don't want to be with crazy ex because shes insane

I'm a retard.

Is it polarizing?
Homer was always ment to be an asshole, and society panders to assholes in spite of decent and capable people. What's polarizing about that?

Yup, my ex GF was fucking amazing and loved me with all her heart

I deserved this fate.

I never appreciated while I was with her though and always wanted to find a way out of relationship, so who knows.

Stop whining.

Ya, I just load up on norcos half the month now. Been a year and a half though, think I'll be ready to move on soon.

This post was painfully accurate, I can see and hear what you just described, and its awful. God, kill this fucking show.