What do you think is worse, the Hobbit trilogy or the Nu-Wars trilogy...

What do you think is worse, the Hobbit trilogy or the Nu-Wars trilogy? I see a lot of parallels and similarities between the two. Personally I am more offended by the new Star Wars movies despite preferring LOTR over Star Wars. At least the Hobbit trilogy didn't ruin the LOTR trilogy by association.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/SQkygZdZ_Vk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

at least the hobbit had that sweet colbert cameo

Also like The Hobbit trilogy, I'm thinking the final episode will be the biggest shitter of the three. For both trilogies the first episode is at least watchable if mediocre, but it gets worse.

Hobbit at its worst just suffers from tonal problems of mixing a kids book with the later serious writings about war of the Dwarves and the Orcs and the Sauron in Mirkwood subplots, as well as pacing, superfluous characters, and exhausting battles. You can edit that down into however you want to make a decent long film because the world, the designs, the characters, the music, and a lot of lore are just fantastic.

nuWars is fundamentally corrupt and morally bankrupt. One film was a remake of a previous, and the second killed off everything that remake set out to explore. There's no fantasy, no lore, no mystery, no wonder in nuWars.

TFA is shit, and TLJ is shit so bad it retroactively makes TFA even worse.

The first half of the the first hobbit movie was decent. Disney Wars is all bad.

as said, the Hobbit just suffers from pacing and tone coupled with too much CGI but they are bearable and fun movies even mainly because they still play the rules stablished by the source material even if it deviates at points but this is because they tried to cram the Mirkwood plot into the movies. Acting is superb on the Hobbit, probably the weakest characters were Legolas and Radagast but aside from that Thorin, Bilbo, Balin, Fili, Kili, Gandalf and Smaug are great

NuWars. The first two Hobbit movies were watchable, and the first one could even be called good.

Hobbit would be pretty good if edited down to 2 movies. If they also used practical effects and sets more and did a better job of casting the dwarves it would be right up there with the actual trilogy.

As it stands it still tells a more coherant story than nuWars and is more enjoyable.. slightly

I loved the book as a kid but I would much rather sit through The Force Awakens and The Last Jedi than watch Hackson's Hobbit movies.

>Sup Forums unironically defending the Hobbit trilogy
You'll like anything as long as you have a newer thing to hate won't you, you contrarian fucks?

The hobbit movies hurt me. No movie can do that to me again, you never can replicate thst first heartbreak.

Whats happening to starwars is like having a trusted family member start molesting you. You didnt ever expect the hurt to come from this direction, you thought it was safe.

Excellent post. The Hobbit just needed to be shorter and more conservative with CGI and deviations from the book and it would've been great rather than the bloated mess it was. Even despite that the trilogy had quite a few great bits.
The Star Wars sequels are irredeemable crap.

Hobbit is awful but ultimately it's loyal. It wants to please the same fanbase that went to see LotR. Star Wars on the other hand...

The Hobbit trilogy is an abomination, m8. It's just that nu-Wars is somehow worse

At least there was a clear reason with what went wrong with The Hobbit

Corporate meddling.
youtu.be/SQkygZdZ_Vk

Also The Hobbit can be trimmed down to a damn good 4 hours.

>TLJ was worse than TFA
Sure it shit the bed at the end of the movie right after cleaning up its vomit, TFA just wallowed in its own poo the whole way through.

No it's not. Disney might be doing a poor job of copying the OT but at least they're not butchering stories that already exist.

It isn't, Sup Forums is just more mad because people are eating up nuWars while the hobbit was pretty universally shit on. Which makes sense, as it ultimately has more of an affect, but it doesn't make its face value worse than the hobbit, It's still much easier to sit through nuWars because it at the least looks nice at times.

The Hobbit book has big dark tonal shifts in its latter parts, too.

I agree that the dwarfs were superfluous to the plot and bring the thing down. At least PJ did a good job with is original characters and Legolas and his dad.

the movies are bad yes, but they are miles better than Nu-wars, also you can edit the trilogy into a very good 4 hour movie

They are butchering characters that already exist

I caught the end of the last movie on tv once and it looked so fake and ridiculous and computery that it circled back into being completely visually genius. If live action movies are all gonna be cartoons they might as well have big pools of pee and such

TFA was at least a boring and inoffensive reboot that could have been ANH lite if they had bothered to flesh out the characters and answer some important questions in the next episode. TLJ was worse because it retroactively made TFA shitty since none of the characters were fleshed out, none of the questions were answered, and it took a big shit on the entire series.

>none of the characters were fleshed out

Watch the movie again and pay attention this time.

Nuwars is worse because it doesn't even have any waifu feets.

Lord of the Rings doesn't have a counterpart to the Nu-Wars Trilogy yet. The Hobbit was shit but its only comparable to the Star Wars Prequel trilogy.

Let's settle this.

Lord of the Rings>Star Wars>Star Wars prequels>The Hobbit trilogy>nuWars

The first Hobbit movie and a half of the 2nd were okay. There was some stupid shit here and there but it was excusable.

Nu-wars is creatively bankrupt from the start.

Nu hobbit movies are definitely better than nu wars. Not saying much but it's true

Swap PT and Hobbit.

While I fucking hated both, I like Lotr a lot more than Star Wars so The Hobbit was really fucking offensive. I pretty much went into nuwars expecting it to be crap so I wasnt that disappointed.

I saw all three hobbits and I don't remember a single thing. I do remember Radagast, I thought he was a cute character.

>At least the Hobbit trilogy didn't ruin the LOTR trilogy by association

/thread

I can say with all honesty that I hated the Hobbits trilogy way more than nu-wars because I don't really give a fuck about star wars in general, but at least it didn't create massive plot holes and introduce retarded ideas into the pre-existing franchise.

first two hobbit movies had some redeeming qualities but the 3rd is a joke

To me second half of the first Hobbit is already unwatchable. The first third of the movie, or let's say, the 2nd quarter, is probably OK.
While in TFA, aside from the small fraction of the film focusing on Rey's daily life at the very beginning, everything is awful to me.

Still, i haven't had the courage to watch the Hobbit 3 because of how painful i already know it's going to be. Took me 5 hours to go through the Hobbit 2 and i'm not sure i've recovered yet.

The CGI madness and sheer stupidity is already hard to handle on itself, but adding to that a "progressive" romance between an Elf and a fucking Dwarf... ... ... nothing in TLJ comes even close to that in term of insulting the lore.

>first two

As soon as Kate from Lost is introduced the movie is already fucking dead to me, I think the second half of the second movie is the first time that I actually cursed out loud during a viewing in the theatre.

Funnily enough when watching TLJ I only found the movie to be funny in a bad way, I imagine the hardcore SW fans are probably feeling the same boiling hate I felt when I sit through the hobbit movies when they are watching TLJ.

>Second half of 1 and 2 being even watchable.

Yeah alright. Pretty Elf wants to fuck a Dwarf, "we failed to open the door at first try let's throw the key and leave", giant gold statue to kill the dragon, worst CGI sequence (River fight) in film history, pathetic acting, and on and on and on.

This is beyond shit tier, Jackson killed his reputation forever just like Lucas did with his own trilogy.

The first hobbit movie is pretty good, but very unsatisfying. It just stops. The other two get so senseless and up their own ass at times its infuriating. I can't judge star wars nu-trilogy on two movies, but the hobbit at least has one pretty solid movie and star wars doesn't yet have two messes that the hobbit has, so its hard to say.

Hobbit is mediocre but not nearly as bad as nuWars. Nothing in the Hobbit series diminishes any of the earlier movies, the recurring characters still behave consistently.