Thoughts on Bright?

Cheesy as fuck, but at least the concept was good and they had just the right amount of race bait.
Like, based on the trailer, I thought they'd have Orc Lives Matter or some shit, but they pretty much play through a standard Shadowrun campaign.
Will Smith is fucking unbearable in this shit, though, should have gotten Cuba Gooding Jr.l or some other black actor to play the human cop

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Yx67YPpux_c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I don't kny what shadow run is, but yeah I enjoyed it. It's a hard movie to describe to ppl. Growing up my bro played Warcraft and always pick the Horde, so I always been familiar with orcs. Movie had it's flaws, but 2017 left me starved for originality which is what this movie brought.

i finished it an hour ago, it was genuinely entertaining. that's about all there is that needs to be said

I see Sup Forums exists in this universe as well

Thought it was a good movie for a Friday night. It seemed to be just ok not good nor bad just, ok.

It was cool I guess. I wanted more world building and lore, that was the best part. I wanted to know more about the war and the dark lord. I feel like they kinda dropped the ball on creating a cool Shadowrun movie series. The action and comedy was shlocky but it was alright overall. Will definitely see the sequel if we get one.

Too many lens flares though it got really annoying but generally enjoyed the movie and story

Why are people hating on Will Smith's performance?

I thought it was how he is in every other film...wait nvm.

Good acting good costume design good set design ok writing good story Joel edgerton was good fresh prince was good movie was good not anything more just good

I wish they didn't kill off the mexican Sheriff's Deputy he seemed like a bro

>movie with Will Smith
>good acting
no

in this will smith is white

when he cuffed them both i thought for sure he'd turn on em there

Ditto

He's black and his partner is an Orc. He's not a metaphor for black cops. Just an Orc. Will Smith character is a cop is racist towards the other nine armies, but as we see not as racist compared to the other cops.

this movie was average but i'd like to see more, better than capeshit and star jews

will smith makes brian gumble look like malcom x

white

i liked it
it was fun
and
the fact i enjoyed a movie that hollywood cucks hated brings me pleasure
the fact that netflix is killing traditional media brings me pleasure.
the nurse isnt watching cnn in the morning.
she is watching joe rogan.
we live in a new world, and i like it.

Fun movie
Some things they did wrong
>Nick should have been the bright, not War
>Will Smith was just terrible, so boring. I forgot about his family until they turned up at the funeral and I wondered who they were
>Slow-mo is done. Stop using it
>The later gun fights were to cheesy, the beginning ones felt more real and dangerous

Need more ASAP but with more Robocop type world building

>I don't kny what shadow run is
youtube.com/watch?v=Yx67YPpux_c

There's some insight into shadowrun/cyberpunk stuff

What human cop are you talking about?

Who's ballsy idea was this?

wew lad
I should watch it

turns out will smith was the worst part of the movie and i dont even mean because hes black but
>he was very unfriendly to the orc
>somehow gets to control the wand
>the wand is really fuckin gay and shouldmbe held by tikka or some kid or some other girl or something not by a masculine police officer
other things i noticed
>we got almost nothing to see from the federal elf agent
>orc are really ugly as fuck not even race bait potential
>dude random dragon and centaur lmao

this is literally the reason why critics want this movie dead. they all got to this part, and decided no matter what they'd have to hate it

how much do you wish will wishes to be white?

Did the movie show any female orcs?

I want a centaur patrol for the sequel

I love this movie

Yah, one was seen at the party scene. Ugly as sin no wonder they had human dancers

I like the dragon at 52 minutes.

sause?

@tinka_res on Instagram

Very good, although the retarded idea to shoehorn a white blonde wife into an extreme niggerghetto neighbourhood made me roll my eyes.

holeee moley
yah fuck that jew shit

Something was off about how the elf girl talked and she needed to shut the fuck up, some of the buddy-cop cheese tasted fake, the rest was pretty good

It felt like Alien Nation, where a mediocre movie lead to an awesome tv show.

I guess the thought was that nobody cares if you're black or white when there's orcs around.

That of course means a blonde white wife for the black men. That's how a raceless humanity should behave right?

I wouldn't actually be surprised if it's the crew and directors who've be conditioned to think this way rather than doing the conditioning.

Its sad that even orcs act better than blacks and hispanics

I liked it. Was a pretty good movie, I want them to make another one. Could use more world-building and focus on the side characters. I was for sure the blue-haired federal elf dude would have a bigger role.

I liked the psycho elf. She's so devoted to her master, it's cute.
Of course, they had to not only kill her but incinerate her to make sure she can't even theoretically come back.

Way better than I thought it'd be. Really wish we got more from the feds though, they seemed interesting.

Really enjoyed this movie. I also appreciated it for presenting race relations as something way more complex than just "evil whitey."

I haven't seen anyone else mention it, but the elf/human/orc dynamic works exactly as efficiently as a metaphor for class as it does for race. The upper-class elites pitting the middle and lower class against each other for their own benefit.

ORC LIVES MATTER

Netflix already greenlit a sequel. there is some great world building here with a lot of story potential. max landis most likely won't be involved in the sequel now that he's been accused of being a rapey fucker like the rest of hollywood, so that mught hurt the quality of the next one

It was boring and predictable. The characters were forgettable and bland. Will Smith was a poorly written asshole. Some scenes were flat out retarded like when the police force taped a kick me sign on the orcs back like it's some shitty high school drama. Overall, it was pretty meh.

>the concept was good

>fairy lives don’t matter today!

I thought it was great. Likable pair of cops. HATED that chick cop at the beginning who asked the orc if that's one of his "cousins"... really cringy. All she had to do was give him a nasty look instead of saying that shit. It was all well implied.

What was the deal with the guy swinging around a sword? He seemed kind of random and pointless.

Dirty Navi immigrants
taking our jobs
infiltrating our police forces

Build a wall around Earth
Make the Earth Great Again

Orc should have been the bright, that's the only fuckup

sword dude was a paladin, the dudes that deal with the light pools, did you even watch the film

but orcs and niggers are the same thing

I really didn't like it, I couldn't get into the world. I turned it off when Will Smith was talking to the Cop in the locker room and he says
"HEY MAN U KNOW ONCE AN ORC IS WID DA DARK LORD DEN HE STAYS WID DA DARK LORD"
That was the gayest piece of dialogue I've ever heard, it was embarrassing.
I can see how people under the age of 25 might like it though.

>Who's ballsy idea was this?

It was Max "can't Landis idea

I still have no idea what the fuck you're talking about. Light pools? That weird shit at the end that the elf wanted to chill with.

>Warcraft failed
>Bright getting shit reviews
F-fantasy is d-dead?

>Black man white women

This movie was practically made for me. I had just finished Shadowrun: Hong Kong when I heard about this.

All in all a good movie. Not perfect but good. I actually liked Smiths character: that's how hate works IRL. He doesn't change his mind instantly.

Would've liked more magic which wasn't just blasting shit and more ork clan bonding. Overall more worldbuilding. I got goosebumps from the police driving through the elf district.

>ywn be the dark lord and have crazy qt elf concubines
why live

Why does Hollywood hate it so much? Like, really, I don't think it's the greatest thing ever but I don't think it's deserving of that much ire.

the whole time i watched i kept thinking about

WE

The elves are jews right. Why did they pick the nicest looking race to play the goblins that are jews

It can only get better. Landis is a decent idea guy, but a terrible in the execution part, that's why the only two good things he made were chronicle and Dirk gently, first being super simple high concept thing and in the second he was the head writer, which meant he came up with directions and ideas and good writers actually wrote the show

....are?

People cannot handle their own racism and the movie is open about the subject.

WUZ

SORCERERS

DA PO PO

David Ayers found his groove again.
The "that's the kid I saved" is straight out of Training Day.
They should have thought of a new idea there.

The next movie should distance IRL parallels to modern race-baiting politics.
The series could have legs if they don't suddenly decide they're gonna take "shots at the man".
The Australian guy was unrecognizable, not just with the make-up.
But his acting seemed to have gone up a few notches too.
Like the make up made him project his character a bit more than usual.
Worked well with Smith's usual "big" acting style.

finally

Right, right. Not 'are'. WUZ. My apologies.

was that a LOTR reference or something? lmao

>Bright getting shit reviews
It's because of that scandal around the thing that Max was a sexual creep and/or a toxic asshole back in the day.
Just like with "whitewashing" of Iron Fist - nobody grounds their bad reviews on the controversy explicitly, but it is clearly the crucial factor.

It was so fucking cool how they used such a great make up for orcs and enhanced it with subtle CGI when his ears and nostrils moved. Joels performance was also top notch. The rest of the movie might be meh but holy fuck if Jakoby wasn't one of the greatest characters I saw in big budgeted movies recently

pretty good documentary

>expect another absolute garbage film contrarians on Sup Forums meme me into watching
>it’s literally the best capeshit of the year
Just got done watching it, seriously considering watching it a second time.

i really liked the orc design
very simple but effective in making them look grotesque

100% true. Orc make up and overall feel, strong but a little clunky, was great.

Unironically on of the MOTYs.

Will smith acts like a nigger too much lately, he was never this over the top when he was younger.

He thinks he's ice cube or something now.

will the orcs who blooded jakoby convert the orcs out of the synaoguge of satan that they've been living in for 2000 years?

>an extreme niggerghetto neighbourhood
it wasnt will even says "keep doing your gangster shit im just trying to sell my house" implying that they alone are bringing down property value and not that the place is just bad the neighborhood was middle class

What the fuck is that thing?

Will smith

>Plot points that just abruptly get forgotten about
>Very little world building
>Just starts in the middle of their partnership, like we're picking up from a previous episode

I liked it but it fell super short of what it could've been, at times it really did feel like it was supposed to be a 12 episode series and that the whole wand shebang was meant to be 1-2 episodes at max. But they likely scrapped the series once they got Will "I don't do TV no mo despite being old as dirt and needing work" Smith on board.

I hope this doesn't kill any possibility of it becoming a series though, I'd kill for a magical beat cop show...kinda like alien nation only more straightfaced and with orcs and shit instead.

No. It was always one movie. The script has been out for almost two years. I remember reading it back in 2016

Then it's written like utter shit.

I like the universe.