I'm going to watch Lucifer. Watched the first episode at a friends (female) place and I remember liking it...

I'm going to watch Lucifer. Watched the first episode at a friends (female) place and I remember liking it. Is it a good show to watch as a male on your own? I remember liking the pilot but dont know if the rest is also fun.

It starts off as a buddy cop show with a twist™ but then it starts to get into the meat of the sandman mythos. It's pretty good and if you enjoy cop shows it's one of the better ones on TV right now. It's fun/10.

Premise was interesting, but the whole le quirky british devil man shtick gets old real fast. Not counting the actual plot being C list tier fantasy. They also could've done something special about his true form, but instead he just looks like a burn victim.

ok i will watch it

was in need of some comfy show anyway because wasting all my days on Sup Forums is not much anyway

>starts to get into the meat of the sandman mythos
Wait is this actually based on the DC Vertigo title? I'm still miffed that Constantine was not continued.

>Wait is this actually based on the DC Vertigo title?
Yep. I'm also pretty annoyed Constantine died, it was a good adaption, something I didn't think would ever happen.

Do you like smoking needs and taking coke?

Does your housemate have an unironically dick shaped bong?

This show is made for you.

:p

When does it get into the Sandman mythos? I've watches some of season one and it felt like generic buddy cop show with that one eccentric partner.

Season one is very cop show, season two starts actually diving into the heaven and hell of it all and gets a lot more fantasy, but is still very much a cop show.

OP here

so far I just finished s01e03 and it's pretty fun so far

greets

Satan is the good guy goyim

dude its just fun to watch not everything is jewish conspiracy

bump

Season 1 is pretty comfy. Haven't watched anything else though.

It was based on the Lucifer comic but then they threw the whole thing out of the window and just kept the name and some vague characterizations.

fuck off from my board comicfag

This is based off a comic book? Does that mean its capeshit or whatever you call it?

lucifer isn't much of a hero in the comic. he just does whatever he wants which is basically becoming a god.

How does sand man look in this show?

It's not capeshit. It's pretty much a story of Lucifer trying to wiggle his way out of God's yoke (destiny/pre-determination etc.) and he comes in contact with various gods/spirits/demigods/demons of different pantheons in his quest.

the comic was an actual award winning masterpiece though.
but sure watch this shitty series instead whose only purpose is for roasties to jill off to.

ignore comicfags plz

I just caught up like two days ago and it's pretty enjoyable to watch. They still haven't done a christmas or easter episode tho, idk how they'll explain the whole Jesus, God's only begotten son died to go to hell to defeat the devil thing.

But the show never really embraces the heaven/hell aspect. It did more with it in S2 than 3, where it completely backpedaled until Clark was revealed to be Caim.
They also completely dropped the relationship between Lucifer and Chloe, when he could just show her the bloody wings or Maze's demon face to prove he's for real.

Haven't seen the series but didn't they just make him have the power to make people horny or something? because that sounds absolutely retarded

it'll probably be like the comic where the author specifically said that jesus is a non-factor as lucifer and michael are the main sons of god in this story. but in the tv show amenadiel takes the focus instead of michael.

the show is more intelligent than it probably seems on the surface. the idea is that the devil symbolizes sex and temptation which means he's irresistible to most people. however, sex and temptation aren't inherently evil, and lucifer wants to be more than the box he's been put in.

I understand that but it still seems shallow.
There's the whole philosophical will angle where he's a rebel of heaven and shit. You know, the devil.

Isn't it disingenious to throw all that away and have him just be a sexy man who solves crimes (for some reason)?

It's a fun show, certainly above most other cop shows. I just feel it could do so much more with it's concept. Really wish they'd let Lucifer be a bit more self serving sometimes.

Why is Lucifer solving crimes with cops, anyway?
The comic had nothing to do with cops.

it doesn't throw all of it away it just takes a different approach. which actually works well because then people can go from one to the other without it feeling like a retread.

They never drop relationships in shows like that. They'll still get together.

> Isn't it disingenious

no man, it's evil. They want you to think that Satan isnt a big deal, it's okay. We can all be redeemed, blabla.
No, some people go to hell. forever.

I've also wondered about Michael, surely he would have been the eldest and the favourite son but it seems Amanadiel ha replaced him.

user this is fiction, watching this show doesn't make me look at hell or the devil in a different light.

What the fuck do your sexual organs have to do with your taste in bullshit pop culture media?
You are spooked as hell.

lol did you just say sex?

Isn't the whole point of Christianity forgiveness and being able to redeem yourself?

It's my guilty pleasure show.

My wife loves this shit but I can't stand it. The devil is a completely powerless beta. The supernatural parts make up like 5% of the show, the rest is just a poorly done imitation of Castle, Mentalist etc. Everyone feels like a cartoon character.

They did the same thing with limitless. What was with that season of TV trying to push buddy cop shows.

When will supernatural also tackle the Jesus issue.

Not only would a straight adaptation be very expensive, but normies likely wouldn't be into it. Lucifer is the title character yet the stories often focus more on other characters that somehow end up factoring into Lucifer's narrative. Like the magic centaur girl who spends years trying to get to her maker (Lucifer) to give him a prophecy about him being in danger. Only for Lucifer to be a dick to her, so she second guesses, and Lucifer is such a pure individualist that he tells her not to tell him whatever she came to say if she isn't sure about it. How Lucifer is handled would go over most people's head.

How does the devil die?

They don't have to

At the hands of the Basanos / Tarot

THey should show Lauren German panty already...

Uhh but he came back this year in a new comic series

>tfw Maze will never drown you between her legs in a hottub

OP here

still watching this show

its pretty comfy

if you wanna talk the show, talk.

if you wanna blog about your boring ass day, fuck off. gonna hide this shitty nu-male blog.

ok talk then

>he doesnt understand that this is talking about the show