Recommend me some obscure foreign movies to watch. I wanna seem intelligent to my friends

recommend me some obscure foreign movies to watch. I wanna seem intelligent to my friends.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mor0l6mHb44
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Valley of the Bees

Cemetery of Splendor

star wars the last jedi

>Le chevalier noir se lève (2012)

not obscure enough

Ondskan (Evil). It's just ok but should help with stated goa.

-Lobster
-Killing of a sacred deer

Neither are good. In fact they're so bad they're seen as good by """art""" style faggots

not esoteric enough for my taste

>seem intelligent to my friends.

Complete waste of time, even if you are actually smarter than them that might actually alienate you more from them because noone want to hang out with a know it all.

Look I know its hard to find friends that share your same tastes or even similar interests BUT that is not all that matters.

Look for now dont worry about that shit, most of your male friends are thinking of ways of getting near or inside a pussy, they dont fucking walk around wondering..."hmmm is user a pleb? ive never seen him talk about french cinemá before"

Your goal here is to get near and/or inside pussy.

Im talking from experience here, I know more trivia about Tarantino than anyone I know and its absolutely useless, you dont want to be THAT guy, you know the one that isnt a complete loser but he only knows about movies.

Its not hard to impress normies, just go with some good old Lynch and you'll be set, you dont even hace to watch them just pretend to understand them.

Sandu Follows the Sun

Oh, and Die Welle (The Wave). You can look up the social experiment it was based on and look extra smart. Bonus points if you also find and watch the 1981 made for television version for laughs.

I think these f i l m s should fit the bill

By the Law (Lev Kuleshov, 1926)

Uh, perhaps something Irish then?

Downfall for a foreign movie that normies can enjoy, is educational, and historic.

get this mainstream trash out of my face

Obrazy starého sveta

La piel que habito

Roald Amundsens Sydpolsferd (1910–1912)

Aki Kaurismäki
French New Wave
Lars von Trier

things your friends have heard about but have never watched for those extra intelligence points

nah just stick to capeshit

>Lars von Trier

Oh man I remember renting The five obstructions or something like that from Blockbuster not knowing what the fuck it was and it blew my fucking mind, the ending is the best twist ive ever seen, it shits on the sixth sense.

Oh and that eating scene in Africa is the most horryfing and deep message I can remember.

Urgent ou à quoi bon exécuter des projets puisque le projet est en lui-même une jouissance suffisante (Courant, 1977)

Man bites dog
this clip explains why
youtube.com/watch?v=mor0l6mHb44

Love this movie

one f the very best

Is Colin Farrell white?

Spiritual Voices
Un Lac

They will not think you are intelligent

Drowning by Numbers. Has the added bonus of having a number count of 1 - 100 hidden sequentially through the entire film. And a chick gets an ice pop shoved up her puss.

Institute Benjamenta. About a weird Butler's academy, made by the Quay Brothers. Probably the most amazing-looking black and white photography you'll ever see. Stars the guy from Bridge of Spies and the Borg Queen from First Contact.

The Three Colors trilogy. Followed by The Dekalog, which includes A Short Film about Killing, if you liked that filmmaker's work.

The original The Vanishing. (Spoorloos?)

Check out some early Wim Wenders. He loses it badly around Far Way, So Close and Until the End of the World.

If you want to wrestle with Herzog, watch the documentary Burden of Dreams first and Klaus Kinski "My Best Fiend" to get a lot of much needed context for what you're watching.

Felini Satryricon if you can handle really abstract symbolism. It really feels like you've been through a big experience by the end.
"And the ship sails on" is more accessible, but with a lot of parables going on. Helps that it has Freddie Jones in it.

Alain Resnais movies if you really want your shit fucked with. Last Year at Marienbad and Hiroshima Mon Amour are his big ones. But Smoking/Non-Smoking from the early 90s is worth seeing too. It's an adaptation of an Alan Ayckbourn set of plays.

You can track down old BBC TV productions of Alan Ayckbourn's plays too. The Norman Conquests are a good starting to point.

It goes without saying that if you watch any of these with your phone on, you need to kys.

Listen to this guy if you want friends.
I didn't but I am trying now.

he's irish, so no

Celtic = white. Only Slavs and Greeks aren’t white

Boku no pico

Le epic Sup Forums maymay

please stop with the shit grammar

how is this even legal

Slavs are unironically the most white. Too white for modern "whites"

There’s a great French film. Le Fagote Cumplete

Obscure & esoteric, this should be up your alley.
+ it has less than 100 watches on letterboxd, that's extra intelligence points coming up your way.

Calamari Union by Aki Kaurismäki. Story of bunch of Franks and one Pekka who try to travel to Eira(citypart of Helsinki) to start new life. Should be obsecure enought

kagemusha

This is a good fucking movie

I'm not sure if it's obscure but pic related is also a good one.

Wow I really fucked that up. Meant to quote
And post this pic