At what point did you realize Lord of the Rings was shit?

At what point did you realize Lord of the Rings was shit?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XAAp_luluo0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

hte idea that a woman would kill the witch king isn't forced sjw shit its in the silmarillion when whats his name fortells it

>ITS OKAY WHEN TOLKIEN DOES IT
yeah, now fuck off

i remember watching this movie with my ex gf in 2004, when this scene happened she started cheering

I just interpreted it as being a Macbeth-like prophecy loophole.

Not even SJW shit, just felt forced

Actually it was a combined effort between the halfling and the lady.

Little to no discssion of tax policy in Middle Earth

She also killed the Oliphant with ease

For it to be SJW shit, SJW content would have to exist throughout LOTR when it doesn't. This is the only scene. It comes off as very surprising yes but it's not pandering to any woman or saying to every man "LOOK AT POWERFUL WOMAN" which is what a lot of movies nowadays are doing.

You are just looking at this scene the wrong way due to the SJW media of today's film.

Also, we feel a lot for this character as we watch her struggle throughout Two Towers to her scene here.

it was before the sjw epidemic so it should have a pass
also there were zero niggers in the movie so that should calm you.
but why am i even talking to a braindead punchingbag like yourself ?
seriously being this politically motivated about fucking everything will be the end of people like you. for instance women and niggers also eat food and liberals also breath air. So maybe you should show how much of a """rebel""" you are and stop those things.
pathetic scum

I just thought it was a silly one liner.

Anyone else played the ps2 game with their best friend? One of the best coops out there.

>mfw I was the faggot that would ALWAYS use Legolas or else throw a hissy fit.

It's more of a Macbeth moment. Macbeth is prophesied to never be killed by anyone borne of woman, and is killed by a man who came out by C-section instead of out the vaginal canal; so the prophesy was technically right, just not in the way it sounded. Kind of a clever-dumb moment; you want to roll your eyes but you're too busy cheering.

Its not about being political its about shit writing you dumb faggot.
I bet you gonna defend pic related too, good thing that hackson had some sense in him and entirerly cuted everything related to this.

No retard. There was a time before SJWs and the fanatical opposition didn't have a say in popular culture. But of course, extremist movements had to destroy everything that was good because it didn't fit their agenda.

It's a play on words in the same way Macbeth was told "no man born of women" can kill him... Only for a man who was born from cesarean section killed him.

Clever little wordplay fucking you over or (for the clever) proving your ultimate victory is Anglo-Saxon as fuck, which is what LoTR ultimately was; a love-letter to Anglo-Saxon literature and Tolkien's attempt at writing his own personal addition to the mythos.

It was Tolkien attempting to correct thing that he saw as cop outs in MacBeth like "no man of woman born" and "until Birnam Wood shall come against him" with the ents.
Basically this.

Loved that game. Especially how you could play any character on someone elses storyline.

>Gandalf and Aragorn show up to Mt. Doom and fuck up Gollum together

>mfw JRR destroyed that hack.

youtube.com/watch?v=XAAp_luluo0

Since when is Macbeth anglo-saxon myth?

Its okay when Tolkein does it because Tolkein was writing it as a twist and not as a spiteful jab at masculinity.

When he chose that elf woman

If this was released today it would be called SJW propaganda or something.

>No man can kill me
>*killed by woman*
I'm pretty sure this is a rehash of something older. Not even a clever rehash, either as the "joke" only goes one way.

I was ok with this. It was a one-off. It wasnt a theme in the trilogy.

>no man can kill
>im not a dude

Im 100000% ok with that. It was just one moment in a 126hr long trilogy. It did sound awkward but in the grand scheme of things it wasnt that bad

Ill take the "i am no man" thing over Legolas surfing down a stairwell on a shield every time

Nowadays i watch this movie with my wife, I wait eagerly for this scene because it makes her masterbate.

>implying Eowen was meant
>and not the hobbit whoi stabbed him first and gave her the chance to kill him

Fucking SJW ruin every meaning that past works had.

>not enjoying Legolas showboating over Gimli during their banter

could have been worse

yeah i would always be legolas and my sister gimli

didnt a hobbit do it in the books

Nice to see some fellow players, oh btw the new Shadow of Mordor is fucking amazing, its basically Arkham City set in the world of Lotr, similar combat etc.

Its the only Lotr games ive played in over 10 years.

So glad you rid yourself of the roastie, user

I was unornically rooting for Aragorn to bang her.

>not being joyous because a proud villain misinterprets prophecy leading to a fatal fall

honestly Sup Forums, you could test the patience of a saint

Pippen shanked him and she finished him off and they were both in a fugue state for weeks afterwards cause they were so fucked by residual dark magic.
It's actually a clever fairy tail esque way to kill off a lesser big bad.
It's only an issue now because of all the yas queen shit.

first of all, the book Eowyn was a selfish woman who wanted to be queen, she didn't love Aragorn, she loved the idea of leaving behind her provincial, mundane life to live in true glory

but she faced reality, and slowly warmed up to Faramir and realized who she really was, it was a very authentic portrayal of a woman, with absolutely no pandering to anyone

the movie Eowyn's love was a little more 'genuine,' so her sadness was more profound, and she faced her fear with courage

furthermore, she was only motivated to face this impossible impossible because he was threatening her father-figure

this thread should be all the evidence you need to know that hateful faggots are perpetually prompting you to hate women (and anyone else) for no reason at all, they will search for ANY excuse to push their bullshit

You ever play Return of the King on GBA? It's an old game but probably the best lotr game I've played

When I read the book.

nope, this is the one im talking about.

Is this Third Age?

>Its not about being political
why are you lying ?

yeah
I don't remember them doing it in RotK beat em up

Did this scene hurt your fee fees user?

Empowering women isn't bad.

We all might have daughters and sisters who need to feel equal to man (and theoretically they are of course).

But empowering women at the expense of psychically castrating men and making them feel as if there is a new world order with vaginas ascendant is just funny.

A woman will always die within 30 seconds to a determined man, any man.

This illusion needs to stop.

Since it was written by Shakespeare, an Anglo you dumb wog.

no its from ROTK video game

>mom's a high-class Gondorian broad (solid Numenorean breeding)
>dad's top of the line for Rohan, Theoden's little bro
>trained with weapons and (unlike most women) has a real knack for it, feels that's where she's most useful (there are other good administrators,) young and impulsive, infatuated with Aragorn, gut tells her to go
>Theoden refuses to let her ride with him to the most epic and important fight of the age (3000 years)
>little Hobbit bro is told to stay behind too
>both of them are being told to let their father figure (Theoden) ride off to uncertain ends without them, along with basically everyone else they care about
>say "fuck that" (young and impulsive,) ride with the Rohirrim semi-secretly (no one tells Theoden at least)
>turns out the two of them, together, are in just the right place at the right time to do something heroic
>totally fucks them up afterward (only the hands of the King can heal them, with a bit of athelas and willpower) and Eowyn basically gets tamed by Faramir--whom she recognizes is maybe the best man in the entire west after Aragorn--and settles down to do women things for the rest of her life
It's an endorsement of individualism, nothing more. Saying if good and gifted people do what they feel is right, even against the wishes of their superiors, things will probably work out. Helps that the God of the LotR universe is consistently implied to be tipping the scales just a touch toward the good guys during the War of the Ring. Sick of that upstart Sauron probably

yeah i played and beat it like 3 times now absolutely love that game maybe one of the best GBA games ever

decent game but ROTK is a better game

when Anataar was M.I.A. at the end and the culmination of a 9 hour investment were giant eagles, a greedy Frodo who nevertheless got all the accolades and a snubbed hero (Sam)

This, pretty much. Strong women are awesome. Strong womyn who are basically Wonder Woman all the time who have all the correct progressive attitudes is one little tumor in the progressive melanoma that is destroying our fucking culture. With malice aforethought.

At what point did you realize that OP is a massive cocksucking faggot

Arwen is literally Luthien reincarnate, Galadriel's granddaughter, descended not-too-distantly from a literal angel as well

>ywn be 20-year-old Aragorn walking in the woods of Imladris--after coming back from some cool-ass adventures with elf bros only to be sat down by Elrond (your adoptive Dad, one of the top 5 or 6 coolest dudes in Middle Earth) and told you're the heir to the noblest line of men in the world and are possibly fated to help save the world, then lead the race of Men into a new age--and run into the most beautiful woman you can possibly imagine, an almost-3000-year-old elf maiden who happens to be Elrond's daughter, just visiting from Lorien, and decide "I'm going to marry her someday"
>and actually pull it off
His mom even tried to dissuade him, basically said "you aim high kid." He didn't care, when they met again 30 years later in Lorien he was full-grown, well-traveled and she couldn't help herself. Elrond was pretty salty

>Star Wars movie is shit and it's weekend drops keep breaking records
>L-LORD OF THE RINGS IS A SHIT FRANCHISE G-GUYS
>HARRY P-PÒTTER IS THE DULLEST FRANCHISE BUT THE BOOKS WERE GOOD "N-NO!"
When did Disney shills become so transparent?

this

>Every thread should be about Star Wars and how much its shit

Looking for things to be offended by. You're even worse than the SJWs, I hate you both.

when aragorn beat 1v5 wraiths that were hyped the whole earlier plot

notice how his name is the WITCH king? It even makes thematical sense that a woman kills him

Read the thread, has nothing to do with SJW shit, its shit writing ya cunt

They were hardly hyped, incredibly intimidating against a bunch of hobbit jobbers sure, but Aragon is what peak performance looks like. Although if I remember rightly the books said Boromir was the superior fighter.

>the books said Boromir was the superior fighter
Boromir lives for fighting and maybe was the best fighter in Gondor, though Faramir is on his level, but I don't think either is on Aragorn's. Middle Earth literally hasn't seen a man like Aragorn in thousands of years, that's why the Elves called him Estel (hope)

This has nothing to do with feminism or sfw's and you fucking know it you fucking cunt

Why are you not acknowledging Tom Bombadil?

>Turns out the profecy was misenterpreted and The Witch King isn't invincible

>"OMG who keeps putting feminizm in MY MOVIES?"

Read the fucking thread before quick replying cunts

>Arwen wins the horse race
>"Give up the Hobbit She-Elf"
>*draws sword* schwinngggg
>if you want him, come and claim him!!
>*btfo all 7 nazgul*
>*heals frodo*
>glorfindel btfo
>nazgul btfo
>men btfo
>drumpf btfo

I get why they wanted to introduce Arwen. The healing him thing was dumb though. And in general they went too far in compressing the world for storytelling convenience imo. Glorfindel would've been cool, Gondor being more than a single city and a ruin would've been cool, and so on. Two Towers is probably the best of the movies because it doesn't suffer from these issues as much, though Fellowship is excellent too. I get why they cut out the Old Forest, Bombadil, Barrow-Downs, getting to Rivendell would've been the whole movie. As it was it was half

>This is my Husband Celeborn. You can forget about him. He's technically the 'King of the elves' but is completely irrelevant and i hold all the real power.
>literally yass qweeen

The plot for those games is so stupid I just get a headache thinking about them.

Not really. Even Wonder Woman wasn't considered SJW propaganda. At least not until (((liberals))) tried to push that meme, but nobody really cared anyway.

Celeborn's literally just her boy toy though, who she lets rule and lead armies while she does her thing. She has bigger things on her mind. He's not some loser, he's worthy of the greatest elf in Middle Earth obviously. He's just not on her level, no one is really. Even the Wizards and Elrond. Old-school Elves are hardcore

>he likes LOTR so it must not be SJW propoganda
might as well vote hillary soyboy
get back in the cuckshed don't even reply to me

thats where you are wrong kiddo

It's shit and it's very good at the same time.

>HE's just not on HER level, no one is really.
exactly

>could barely write his own name
This is the part that gets me, fucking lol. Just takes it to the next level

Except by cutting him out we missed the Barrows which cuts out Merry getting the anti-magic sword which severs the Witch Kings connection to Sauron and the Ring and makes it possible for Eowyn to kill him in the first place.

Tolkien did this because Hamlet's twist was disappointing. It's not about woman itself, it's about prophecy that "no born man can kill me" or something like that. Getting killed by a woman is is preferable to pulling out an "actually my mother had a C-section" card.

Macbeth* my bad, I mix them up at times.

you're either an idiot or pretending to be one. a female character having magical powers is not automatically femishit. even if they happen to the most powerful being in the scope of the story. happens in mythology all the time.

a c section is still from a woman though?

damn you're right. that black lady who was actually Shakespeare was a real fucking hack fraud

>it happens in mythology all the time
It happens in SJW mythology all the time.
You can say it's just a story, but these stories are dangerous, they're propaganda. In reality, women are weaker than men, this is self evident, so if we teach kids these spiteful lies, it fucks up society. We nearly ended up with a roastie that literally bleeds out her vagina as president, women are put into power everywhere that they don't deserve. It means women expect more from life, and it's impossible for redpilled men that aren't soyboys to find a gf.

that was the first console game i ever owned (return of the king)

there was also a battlefront style game that was in the LOTR universe that was fun as fuck with friends, wasn't as good as battlefront but still was awesome being Sauron and attacking the shire

>this buttblasted over a fucking book thats over 60 years old

a magical fucking elf chick is not going to convince any women they are just as capable as men in every way dude. nor did the exploits of literal goddesses in the ancient stories. she doesn't even deviate much from the feminine archetype anyway: never fights, only shelters, nurtures, supports, advises, most aggressive thing she does is wreck Sauron's empty castle in Mirkwood. guess what dude, those are literally the things human women excel at, turned up to 11. you need to think through your shit more, you're taking it too far in the other direction. your basic premise isn't wrong ("equality" propaganda is poisonous) but seriously, get some perspective. watch more movies, read more books, learn more history

You sound so bitter

Éowyn was rather annoying in Return of the King, but it is nothing compared to what we have to put up with now.

definitely the gayest scene, she had no experience and took out a sith lord

>it's impossible for redpilled men that aren't soyboys to find a gf

You're just unattractive, user.

Thank you, it has nothing to do with SJW or pandering, it literally made no sense

I'm literally male-model-tier but women won't even look at me because I'm not a soyboy. Wake up and smell the tofu, amigo

>A woman will always die within 30 seconds to a determined man, any man.
just when i was going to take you seriously...

>I just interpreted it as being a Macbeth-like prophecy loophole.

That's exactly what it was.

I-is this c-canon?

also:
>it's impossible for redpilled men that aren't soyboys to find a gf
Ah here's the heart of it. What a cliche. Btw, not even close, lots of women love disagreeable traditionally masculine pricks, all it takes is engaging socially a tiny bit and, you know, actually having some things going for you. Believe it or not following the norms of society--the main stuff, job, your own place, car, so on, college if you want--is a pretty good strategy. You can deviate but you'd better be sure of yourself. When you are, things work out for you, or you fail miserably and kill yourself, but you would've kicked yourself for not trying anyway so there's not much to lose. If you can't stand the people where you are, move. It's easier than you think

>all these Sup Forumsflakes ITT going full "muh SJW boogieman"
pathetic

damn it's the ghost of Elliot. how's hell my dude