Lightsaber crystals have been a thing since 1996

Lightsaber crystals have been a thing since 1996.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tZQdaEFa_60
twitter.com/AnonBabble

yes but the idea that they're crystals that you can just mine en masse and are also used for other weapons is stupid

why isn't everyone using lightsabers?

I hate the faggot who does CinemaSins but I still always watch new episodes

Why aren't they just ramming lightspeed rocks at each other?

I thought you had to activate them with the force or something?

>why isn't everyone using lightsabers?
becuase you need an actual jedi and training to master a melee weapon where everyone uses blasters
thats why the boyega scene was retarded altho he got his ass whooped so idk

I think you do.

Yeah, you have to be able to use the force to emit just the right frequency through the crystal to form the blade.

You need force-sensitive reflexes to not kill yourself with a glowing beam of energetic plasma.

Well before New-EU (hey it rhymes) as far as I knew, only force sensitive people could wield them....apparently now every jackass can.

I kinda like them, not really watching every video of them, but I still have to wonder if their idea is to pretend to be retarded to explain away every mistake they made themselves.

The Death Star's weapon is basically just a really fucking big lightsaber.

It's not even the idea of over-analyzing things, I watch nitpicking reviews all the time. I think its just his voice and insufferable personality

>still watching Cinema Sins and Shaun and Jen holocausted them

wew laddie

>Still watching Cinema "we make wrong observations intentionally for humor but this isn't a parody, it's us doing a review except when it's wrong, then it is a parody" Sins
It got annoying when it just made up stupid shit to add sins for no reason. I stopped when it started getting obvious shit wrong, and made it seem like they weren't even fucking watching the movie.

Jeremy is such a pleb

Wow I didn't know Han was force sensitive

>Well before New-EU (hey it rhymes) as far as I knew, only force sensitive people could wield them....apparently now every jackass can

Explain Han using one in Empire

I...
I never really thought about it that way.

LIGHTSABERS FOR EVERYONE
youtube.com/watch?v=tZQdaEFa_60

Lucas making up plot points on the run and having its boot lickers justify every hole for him later, I have no idea about that one.

The rules have always been weird, but I bet they are like this:

Any jackass can wield a lightsaber, but a lightsaber can only be wielded effectively by its builder because something something force.

The only exception to his rule would be Rey wielding Anakin's saber effectively because of course she does.

In the old EU it was pretty simple.
Anyone could use a lightsaber, the thing is that lightsabers had a gyro effect when you swing them, making them unwieldy and only a force user could deal with that thanks to enhanced reflexes and stuff.
A lightsaber you build yourself is better because it's basically custom build for you, but the more important thing is that you know how it works and how it's made so you can repair it or modify it more easily.

Like Finn in TFA?

Finn uses the Melaninichlorians to control the saber.

And Luke, also weidling Anakin's lightsaber effectively

Its true he held his own against Vader but he did end up losing that fight.

>since 1996
Try since 1978. Splinter of the Minds Eye (the original novel sequel to Star Wars) revolves around Luke tracking down a Kyber crystal, and the way they're described s pretty much exactly how the new canon uses them.

I cant fucking fathom watching a youtube video, taking issue with it, and coming here of all places to bitch. You're looking for an echo chamber to discuss a video for children, you're fucked in the head.

This and you need the force to be able to deflect blaster shots. Unless you know how to use the force, a blaster is the obvious choice.

How do kyber crystals exist in this movie if they were created by the EU and therefore not canon?

how the fuck did Han use one then

because if you're using a lightsaber and not a jedi I'll just shoot you

I don't think people appreciate the genius of Kyber crystals. Asian not-Jedi says that Kyber crystals only form in the heart of giant stars, in real life Uranium is only produced from nuclear fusion in giant stars and spreads from stars going supernova. Kyber crystals are literally stardust and a direct metaphor for uranium, the death star being a nuclear bomb, with requisite mushroom clouds when used. Shit's too clever for a star wars flick.

Why doesn’t everyone use swords in real life

Kyber exists in material that is still canon. Also it was made clear that Disney could take from the EU whatever they wanted, so kyber made the cut into nu-SW.

>held his own
>when vader is obviously holding back until luke gets pissed and hits his shoulder
dont even try to refute this because ill BTFO you with the clip

what if they created a lightsaber that could be used at range, kind of like a gun.

Ben Solo detected

This is the only real answer. It's like asking why the fuck nobody uses swords anymore, you will just get you brains blown out UNLESS you had some way to magically stop bullets

They were in Clone Wars and Clone Wars stayed canon.

>youtubers

Rocket propelled lightsaber launcher?

What?

yes, some sort of ranged lightbeam gun. lightsabers being melee seems like a huge issue and I'm surprised no one in the galaxy created a fuckin lightsaber gun

nu-eu, you mean

why not just put a hyperdrive in your lightsaber and just ram it into your enemies

Why aren't modern day wars fought by dudes with broadswords?

Yep.

They were fine when they were 50/50 legitimate criticisms/jokes or less jokes and more plot holes and shit. Now it's mostly just nonsense which isn't particularly funny.

That said the director of Kong is still a butthurt little faggot

but the beam is green...
Empire confirmed good guys?

Hyperdrives are expensive.

Because lightsabers are useless at long range UNLESS you're a force user with super-reflexes who can just deflect blaster shots.

Why not just make some kind of giant spherical version next, you madman?

FOOLISH JEDI

>UNLESS you're a force user with super-reflexes who can just deflect blaster shots.

I was half-expecting Luke at the end of TLJ to deflect all those walker blaster fire back at them

The other half I was expecting The force unleashed levels of retardation where he force slams all the walkers into each other

Not even gonna lie, I dont know about this and maybe somebody can confirm but I have always known that they use some kinda crystal, and I think its mentioned in Return of the Jedi when Vader talks about his light saber.

Again not sure, but it feels like its always been there.

to me (i.e., to anyone with even a blip on their EEG and a steric of self-respect), Star Wars died in in 1999

everything since has spanned a pastiche (PT), to the abject absurdity (nu-SW)

Thats what the Death Star was powered by, wasn't it?

Billions of crystals being amplified thousands of times over until the beam was so powerful it could pierce the core of worlds, causing eruptions so violent they just explode the whole planet from within

Kyber crystals (spelled differently) were even in Lucas' early drafts of the original. One was the MacGuffin 1978's Splinter of the Mind's Eye.

Why don't more people carry swords when everyone has guns? Hmm, interesting question. Only jedi trained in the force can deflect blaster bolts with a lightsaber.

Oh, you mean a blaster? Why don't they have those?

A better question is why aren't there more Jedi that use blasters?

Couldn't they use the force to aim better with them? Or direct blasts so that the blaster can "track" enemies?

>Hold guy in place with force
>Shoot him in head
The Galaxie's most practical Jedi

Because a blaster vs blaster fight is shit tier when you are both jedis. Neither of you will ever land a shot.
Also it's probably extremely difficult to "move" the shot to track them, almost anytime we see shots deflected they are just pushed in a random ass direction which is much easier to do,

For the same reason Lucas wrote that every Jedi wore robes like Obi did in the desert, cause its fucking dumb.
>Light sabers are more romantic then a blaster.
yet thats how Obi survives "such a crude weapon" by shooting a game, instead of cutting his fucking head off.

Light sabers originally where just mystic weapons of old that got replaced by blasters, which is what killed all the Jedi.

Blasters are just repeating lightsabers.

>Because a blaster vs blaster fight is shit tier when you are both jedis. Neither of you will ever land a shot.

Oh ya?
>The Force Awakens.
>Kylo holds a shot from a blaster in place.
>Implying you couldn't make a blaster fight interesting as fuck by playing with the force, instead of cowboy shoot out style.

the lightsaber has spiritual significance and shit, they're zen space samurai after all. (the romanticized pop culture version of samurai that is)

>he doesn't like jedi robes
Kill yourself

I thought anybody could use lightsabers (unless some cheeky bastard puts the switch inside it) and to create the crystal for lightsaber you need to be a jedi, because you make it using force.
Why are they called sabers if they're straight anyway?

crystals have fuck all to do with the force, less youre playing an rpg, they affect only the lightsaber. Not all jedis use one.

>tfw shaun made decent anti sins vids then hopped on the full retard sjw train for no apparent reason
I bet he's an actual cuck

But every x-wing has them as standard and you can find them in outer rim junk yard shops.

That would be a good idea, but the jedi/sith action is based on old samurai and wuxia movies rather than gun-fu firefights.

which would have been great

>I want every character to dress the exact fucking same and have no individuality whatsoever and the only one who DOES ends up being the bad guy because he stopped wearing a robe and started wearing a colored suit.

Mace Windu could use the dark side and light side in his attacks and was the only jedi to do it.
But instead of anything interesting he dressed the same as everybody else and talked like he was in a cult like everybody else, devoid of fucking emotion.

>Robes are stupid.
>No family is stupid.
>Training at a young age is stupid.
>Jedi abducting kids across the galaxy to be cultist who cut you down if you dont follow their word and hailed as heroes is stupid.

Cant wait for the new set of movies to throw the whole "empire is evil white men" shit on the floor with the Vaghun force eating space aliens and reveal thats why the empire was made.

Anyone can just pick up and use a lightsaber, as shown by Han cutting open the ton-ton, so there really shouldn't be anything mystical or mysterious about it. It's like anyone picking up a blaster and using it. The thing is just a device, so it shouldn't be an issue if it has components and you have a need or want to explain them.

fencing sabres are straight

luke uses a saber before his force training you idiots how the fuck would it make sense that he needs to force create a laser. I swear to god you fucking EU autists

>>Robes are stupid.
>>No family is stupid.
>>Training at a young age is stupid.
>>Jedi abducting kids across the galaxy to be cultist who cut you down if you dont follow their word and hailed as heroes is stupid.

This is all about attachments leading to the darkside though. It's just zen buddhism crap.

Ya, I remember watching this old black and white samurai movie that had a choreographed fight take place for 45 minutes on a lava planet.

The only way to make stuff like that work, is if there is actual threat, and not 80 minutes of swords clanging together, the only best moments in Star Wars with lightsabers is technically when they are on screen for the least amount of time. The duel with Vader in Empire is very memorable, and paced out, it was a literal samurai battle as you said, but now, its just "how long can we smack this shit together and jump over silly shit on screen."

>jedi abducting kids
I'm gonna need source on this. Where is it confirmed that they abduct children?

Do you honestly believe that holding an object in place is harder than moving it at a quick enough speed toward the target while they move in real time?

No its Lucas hack writing, because Obi Wan was alone and wore a robe means ALL OF THEM DO CAUSE MYSTICAL AND COOL!

So now they all wear bland off white robes and speak in a monotone voice, I never thought of Jedi being these monks, I thought of them being unique people able to do things others couldn't and brought in from all walks of life.

Yet another pisser in Star Wars that I will never forgive thanks to modern day CGI.
>In a galaxy far far away.
>The only alien is a fucking human woman with purple hair, or an Asian girl, or a black guy.

can I get some fucking make believe in my movie and have aliens not done up for laughs.

Would it even be possible for the lightsaber to deflect those things?

>almost 2018
>still watching poorly thought out clickbait that is neither criticism, nor satire, nor comedy for that matter
>complaining that Jeremy watches movies with his arse

he gets btfo every time he fights until he makes his own in ROTJ then he is GOAT jedi

and?

Luke astro projected himself onto another planet.
Dont give me the "you think its harder" its a motherfuckin movie where they said fuck the rules in the late 90's.

If you are gonna give me stupid long winded light saber battles make them interesting as shit.
Same with blasters between what is essentially demi gods. Curve a fucking beam around the person holding out their hand, crash a stupid ass star destroyer into a city or person.

>You are forbidden from contacting your family after becoming a Jedi.
>A galaxy built on rules and regulations.
>A cult of children being raised to become soldiers at the order of the Galactic Federation to deal in things they seem important and act as they see fit.
Its like Trump sending a guy over to Iraq and if things dont go how he wants just kill the guy and its ok because Jedi can do no wrong.

Its the most silliest shit, politicians are weaponizing them for their own gain, not the good of people. Then the children are being recruited as child soldiers.

See sorta where I am going with this? If its supposed to be a mystical order, why are politicians telling them to go here, there, and even kill people. Let me stress that last point even further. PALPATINE WAS A POLITICIAN SITH LORD THAT THEY COULDN'T DETECT AND PEOPLE LIKE HIM ORDERED JEDI TO SUBDUE THINGS LIKE PROTESTERS!

What about Grevious?

my sides

Or u had the reflexes to cut bullets

The user is silly, anybody can use a light saber, but having training to use one is one thing. I think the force is more like a feeling or instinct like foresight, telling you, or you feeling where the next attack is coming from and you react to that ahead of time.

Why not just use the force to break their neck? Sure it sounds kind of darksidey, but if you're just going to blast them anyway.

How the fuck did they expect light sabers to work? Did they want little force elves living inside them or something? It's a fucking laser, It needs a focus and a power source.

because
1: They're difficult as fuck to use mainly because the beams are totally weightless and require a lot of training (or none depending on how bad the writing is) to understand how to swing them.
2: without force reflexes people will be able to just shoot and kill you and you won't deflect shit.

You can't deflect blaster shots with a blaster

>Did they want little force elves living inside them or something?

>1: They're difficult as fuck to use mainly because the beams are totally weightless and require a lot of training (or none depending on how bad the writing is) to understand how to swing them.
Wrong, given the recent movies have people who never touched one being a pro at it.

>2: without force reflexes people will be able to just shoot and kill you and you won't deflect shit.
Correct, as well as feeling out the others attack before it happens "A New Hope training explains this" to keep you from misreading an attack and being cut in half.

>Wrong, given the recent movies have people who never touched one being a pro at it.

Who? Boyega got rekt when he tried and Rey got rekt in the forest the first time she confronted Kylo, while Kylo wasn't even being serious about the confrontation

We have to go back to the ANH to remember what made it all so magical. The idea that only special people could wield the light saber didn't exist. It was depicted almost entirely as a ceremonial thing. Obiwan introduces it by saying luke's father wanted him to have it when he got older, but the uncle wouldn't allow it because it would inspire Luke to "go on some crusade", let alone the underlying "and he would hurt himself" idea. The weapon was entirely a cultural piece. "...for a more civilized age." As if the weapon was more effective when people fought in some sort of stylized or ritualistic fashion. The uncle just disregards the idea of luke owning it from the start, like it's old trash.

He even introduces this all at the same time he points out that Luke's father was one of the best pilots. Since a sword, even a lightsaber, would be totally ineffective in ship combat, you really get the idea that this was more of a status symbol and cultural means for Jedi to assert themselves. This mirroring how swords are treated in various cultures of yesteryear after firearms made them obsolete as a meaningful weapon of war.

It didn't matter how lightsabers worked because they *didn't* work. They were an old weapon that really only seemed useful for fighting other people who had a lightsaber. As we see between Vader and Obiwan.

I say all this because, ironically, I don't think saying lightsabers are powered by crystals does anything to their mystic because their mystic was never because of a mystery. They belonged to a mysterious order and represented the old ways, but they were fundamentally a mundane tool. It was not like the force which was depicted as this transcendental reality that took a mystical mind to comprehend and interact with.