Why did people hate this so much?

Why did people hate this so much?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8e_T-rHo5cw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Because it was bad.

Protagonist was a straight white male without a disability (i.e. blindness)

no worse than all the others except daredevil season 1

>slow as shit
>protagonist would be considered retarded irl
>awful dialogue
>terrible 2 dimensional cliche villain
>awful choreography
>awful cgi
>awful actors
>awful
>awful
>awful

Bad fight scenes but mostly because it's a rich straight white dude beating people up.

It's dog shit, every single part of it.
Except a few fight scenes and the qt3.14

A better question would be...what wasn't bad about this series?

It's not half as bad as the punisher's white terrorist subplot and unnecessary madani ass.

He was disabled tho, but it was a mental disability.

But why did Luke Cage and Jessica Jones get all this praise when every single one of your points fit those shows just as much, if not more? In fact, the supporting actors in Iron Fist were fucking outstanding compared to the supporting cast of the other shows.

Punisher was pretty bad as well

Both series were super generic pieces of shit that had nothing to do with the source.

Luke Cage had a good villain, (Cottonmouth).

Iron fist has literally nothing

Daredevil S1 > The Punisher > Agents of SHIELD > Daredevil S2 > Runaways >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Luke Cage > Jessica Jones > Iron Fist >>>>>>>>>>>>>> The Defenders > Agent Carter >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Inhumans

>ironfist poses like he's going to do some kungfu shit
>within 1 punch he's just waving his arms around like a retard trying to throw haymakers
>many characters motivations randomly change episode to episode, not in any logical progression either
>hand demystified to the point of parody
>Ironfist is the best fighter in the world able to kill a dragon but also unable to beat one mook in a fileroom

Show is pure trash.

Not really. Harold and Ward (for the first half) were way better villains and characters than Cottonmouth. Madam Gao is also always pretty fun to watch.

>Punisher above Shield
>shield above Daredevil s2
>runaways above anything except inhumans
youtube.com/watch?v=8e_T-rHo5cw

can't buy zach galifianakis as an action star, no matter how in shape he gets.

the only good parts of Daredevil S2 are the parts involving the Punisher.

The ninja plot was garbage and unfortunately that becomes the focus in the second half of it.

whitewashing

The real answer is that spreading the budget across four shows meant that they ran out of budget by this one and so the fight scenes weren't as good as they should have been in a show called Iron Fist.

However. The critics are fucking dumb and instead of criticizing it for this reason they complain about bullshit like "mansplaining" and the "white savior trope."

Like, there are reasons to dislike it, but critics are so fucking retarded they can't even get the reasons right.

Positives: David Wenham was awesome and so was the soap opera actor they found for Ward Meachum. Pelphrey or something.

The character is literally white originally.

shittty director that ruined Dexter

If every single one of those points fit those other shows then they are shitty as well

Iron fist is not hated because is not sjw enough but is actually not getting extra praise for being tumblr like the previous shows

Marvel netflix without brownie points would never get a score above 70

>spreading the budget across four shows meant that they ran out of budget by this one and so the fight scenes weren't as good as they should have been in a show called Iron Fist.

I don't think this is a budget problem. The fight choreography in DD s1 was excellent and then the very next show with Jessica Jones, it turned to absolute shit and that trend continued from LC all the way to Defenders. Did they fire the guy who was responsible for the fight choreography in Daredevil?

The worst part of the show is Iron Fist is yet another PG rated good guy with a no kill policy. That makes no sense whatsoever. He was a child soldier trained to do nothing but kill the Hand. What kind of warrior let's his mortal enemy just walk away? Is he like that in the comics?

Ninja chick is the only reason I got through the entire season.

>whitewashing

Wrong. His name is Danny Rand, not Danny Cho.

Incredibly it's because they didn't hire a nigger or an azn to play a white dude.
And because it was bad as fuck.

>why did Luke Cage and Jessica Jones get all this praise

Not from here.

Put Pre-Cottonmouth death Luke Cage above Runaways before the powergap and post-Cottonmouth death Luke Cage below Jessica Jones

It had moments that are probably the best of the marvel netflix universe but also some of the worst shit.

>let's give away this drug for free yas queen

Both the guy playing Danny and the woman playing Colleen didn't have time to train. They begun training less than a month before starting to film, iirc.
Everything was rushed as fuck and the only reason they made this series was so they could finally get into the crossover. Even the Meachums were added as part of the Hand storyline. It's as if they didn't care about Iron Fist, the only thing that mattered was the crossover, and instead of having him training in K'un-Lun (that would be the proper way to make a first IF season) they brought him back to NY.

i love when people make this argument about iron fist, because it firstly shows their blatant ignorance, and secondly reveals their profound racism because they assume a character that does karate has to have slanty eyes.

are you a literal retard? this guy is white, has a normal grasp of the english language, is just confused after coming back from a total different place.

where in the fuck did you lose the translation ? you are the moron in this post

white protagonist. not enough sjw propaganda. actually three dimensional characters instead of color coded props.

It was as bad as jessica jones and luke cage, but it didn't have a political reason barring anyone from calling it bad

nothing is as bad as jessica jones except jessica jones

Say what you will about politics barring anyone from saying bad things about Luke Cage but at least it started off pretty strong before it derailed. Iron Fist started out incredibly shaky and never gained its footing. Also, a TV show all about the martial arts where the fight scenes are mediocre is a pretty severe crime.

Iron Fist is as bad as Jessica Jones

>tfw no colleen gf

no constancy, the plot jumped around every where. also danny was terrible and whinged alot not enough fighting

>hey it's that new Netflix superhero show, Iron Fist! I'm not familiar with that superhero, let's check it out
>okay so he's this homeless guy who doesn't understand social conventions... oh ok he broke into the building... now he's talking to these other characters, ok... so he broke into another building, he's talking to the same characters again. boy they sure are spending a lot of time on this haha...
>man he sounds crazy when he talks about his iron fist, good thing i know it's real from the commercials or else this would seem pretty retarded...
>oh look there's a fight scene
>oh now he's talking to the same character again? ok... oh she betrayed him, now the episode's over i guess

>now he's spending the whole second episode in a mental asylum i guess
>here's a crazy guy
>yeah he's saying crazy stuff... cool...
>ok now more talking scenes
>oh, there's the iron fist

Fpbp

>hurr durr I will drive this car very fast to teach you a lesson!!

>kung fu series
>about a gayboy who doesn't know any kung fu whatsoever and fails at every single fight scene
>every non-fight scene is whiteboi trying to act philosophical without actually saying a single thing insightful in the entire show

I wonder why. It can't be because the show had nothing of any value whatsoever. That's impossible.